Spinners Entertainment Reviews

198 | Wayne, NJ

198 Reviews for Spinners Entertainment

• Carrie

Carrie · Getting married on 08/14/2021

Spinners entertainment was the best find! Jay and his team were absolutely a pleasure to work with. Preparation was hard for me due to a recent surgery and Jay made the process completely easy and stress free. My guest were very impressed by owls and lions during the ceremony and cocktail hour as was I. I felt awful they had to withstand the heat but they always had a smile on their face! Jay once again impressed everyone with his singing of thinking out loud for our first dance. I questioned using that song thinking it was a little overused but the way Jay sings it brings complete new life to it to the song. Jay and his team made the night fun, entertaining and was able to get everyone on the dance floor. I was able to enjoy my wedding and guest with no worries. We also used the selfie mirror and it was a HUGE hit!! I will always recommend them to everyone! Thanks again guys! Hope to cross your path again soon!

Sent on 09/15/2016
  • Mark

Mark · Married on 06/09/2021

Wedding Review from Mark V

Having Jay play at our wedding was one of the best decisions we made! Planning a wedding during a pandemic is not easy but Jay was so comforting, professional, responsive and flexible throughout the entire process! He took the time to truly get to know us to best prepare for our special day. The day of the wedding, Jay was such a pleasure to work with, so talented and kept the night moving and enjoyable for everyone! Jay helped to seamlessly drive the day with his music selections and kept it intimate like we requested and we trusted his every move. We have already received a ton of compliments and people inquiring for his information to book for future events! We HIGHLY recommend choosing Jay (Owls and Lions) for your wedding.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole S. · Married on 06/03/2021

A crowd favorite!

Jay and Nicole joined us from Spinners Entertainment - as Owls and Lions for the ceremony and reception, and dj-ing for the reception. They were excellent! Their renditions of Wildflowers (Tom Petty), The Girl (City and Colour) and Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Queen) made the ceremony so personal and perfect. The party kicked off amazingly at the cocktail hour with live renditions of so many great songs. The DJ set had everyone dancing all night, and Jay worked with my sisters to ensure their duet/Matron of Honor speech went off without a hitch. Thank you Nicole and Jay!!

Sent on 06/15/2021

Amanda A. · Married on 03/20/2021

Highly recommend!

We booked Spinners Entertainment for our wedding on March 20, 2021. We were not disappointed! Our MC Anthony was incredible! He played a variety of music and would check in with us periodically to make sure we were happy with everything. I would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married! They are reasonably priced and I thought everything was great!

Sent on 03/24/2021

Nicole A. · Married on 03/12/2021

We loved Owls & Lions!

We booked Owls & Lions for our wedding and we were not disappointed! They are the best of both worlds-- a band for the ceremony/cocktail hour, playing mostly indie folk rock, and a DJ for the reception, playing dance music to get people moving. Jay, Nicole and Chris are fantastic musicians/singers/DJs, very professional and extremely easy to work with. They could really read a room and seemed to know exactly the right song to play at the right time to keep the party going. If you're looking for something a little different for your wedding music experience, look no further!

Sent on 02/16/2020

Robert C. · Married on 11/01/2020

Unforgettable evening

This hybrid band will leave your guests wanting more. There are absolutely not enough words that can describe the experience I had with Jay with Spinners Entertainment and the rest of Owl and Lions. From the moment we spoke I knew this was the band I was going to hire. Planning a wedding can be stressful to begin with but Jay makes it that much less stressful from the get go. Leading up the wedding and the day of are a testament to his professionalism. What I can say is that the music will not disappoint either. From the ceremony all the way through the evening Owls and Lions has everyone on their feet. They played everything perfect and made the evening unforgettable. Almost 9 months post wedding everyone still talks about the band. That says something about them. I love these guys and continue to try to find ways to get them to perform again.

Sent on 07/20/2020

Kristen K. · Married on 09/13/2020

Owl & Lions were AMAZING

Let’s me just say owl & lions were absolutely amazing! They were beyond responsive, flexible and creative. Every guest at my wedding LOVED them singing while guests arrived, singing the recessional, professional, cocktail hour and slow dance songs during the wedding. They have such an unique spunk and a different spin of just a normal DJ. They even were able to replicate my wedding invite to be used as the photo booth print outs which I could not be any happier with! I would 100% recommend them time and time again. The guests enclosing myself still are talking about how amazing they were!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Alexandra S. · Married on 09/07/2020

Professional, Amazing, TALENTED band!!!

We absolutely LOVED Owls & Lions. Jay and Nicole are both amazing musicians and had the perfect vibe together - they really completed our little micro wedding!! Very cool, laid back and FUN!! I’ll book these guys again and again if I have the chance to!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Angela

Angela B. · Married on 09/01/2020

September Wedding in Hope, NJ

I cannot say enough great things about Owls & Lions, they brought our wedding to life! They are such talented musicians and they had all my guests raving about how good they are. On top of their talent they also were able to go with the flow of not having a dance floor due to the pandemic. At first I thought not having a dance floor at my wedding would be awkward and they made it anything but that. I believe my guests fell in love with this band and highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/27/2020
  • Austin

Austin P. · Married on 08/22/2020

Amazing!!!!

Jay was amazing! We had Owl & Lions perform during our ceremony and cocktail hour and then Jay took over as MC/DJ for the night. The guests loved it all! Everyone came up to us saying how much they loved the Owls & Lions set. They gave the perfect vibe for a great start to the evening. Check out their songs and social media and youtube. Jay was also a phenomenal DJ. He made sure everyone was dancing the whole night and had a great time!
    When the pandemic hit, we had to reschedule our 2020 wedding for 2021. Jay was the first person to reach out to make sure we were doing fine and that he was ready to go for the new date. Jay was also very responsive and put up with all of my random last minute emails (including my request the night before the wedding for Owls & Lions to play an extra song during our ceremony).
    All in all, he exceeded all of our expectations, as both a performer and a professional. We highly recommend if you are looking for wedding entertainment!!

Sent on 05/17/2021
  • Bridget

Bridget F. · Married on 04/04/2020

Rescheduling Wedding

Unbelievably helpful, compassionate and thoughtful when looking to change my date. Jay from Spinners was the first person to help me see the silver lining of changing our wedding date and changed my mindset. Thank you for everything. I cannot wait til the big day.

Sent on 04/25/2020
  • Matthew

Matthew H. · Married on 03/10/2020

So blessed to have Owls and Lions!

Whenever my wife and I now listen to Owls and Lions we are immediately brought back to our wedding day. She and I feel so blessed to have had Nicole and Jay play for our wedding. These two are so talented, passionate and, generous with their music. Our guests raved about them and they are looking for any excuse to have an event to invite them back. We will forever associate Owls and Lions with our wedding!

Sent on 04/01/2021
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 11/08/2019

Our wedding

They both were so nice and they were so good everyone loved it all

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Becca

Becca U. · Married on 11/03/2019

Quick to repsond

Quick to respond to my message and reasonably priced

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica S. · Married on 10/05/2019

Accommodating and amazing

We really bucked tradition and trolled our families with our wedding, and Jay and the Spinners Entertainment crew not only enabled our insanity, but also made sure everyone had the best time. (Our bridal party walked down the aisle to a song from the "Dumb and Dumber" soundtrack and I, the bride, marched out to "Another One Bites the Dust.") All that, in addition to my pain in the ass mom's annoying song requests for our reception (and my own request to make sure that everyone in our reception knew it was her, not me, who requested Kenny Rogers), was made an amazing reality. Jay even made my in-laws smile, which I haven't been able to do in the almost seven years I've been with their son. I cannot recommend these guys enough, and I am absolutely honored to have had them make our day so special.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren W. · Married on 09/22/2019

Owls & Lions

We highly recommend Owls & Lions for a wedding venue or any other event. To say they met our expectations is an understatement. We have all been to hundreds of weddings and most DJ’s are the same, we knew we wanted something different, something better. Our venue recommended Owls & Lions and from our first call with Jay we knew they were the right choice. Jay and Nicole felt more like guests playing music at our wedding than anything else. The whole experience was so authentic and personal, which was a goal of our overall feel. Nicole played an instrumental version of our wedding song as I walked down the aisle and Jay sang it for our first dance. From start to finish the experience was incredible. We really can’t thank Jay and Nicole enough and look forward to working with them in the future!

Lauren & Rob

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren W. · Married on 09/08/2019

Beyond our expectations

I can’t thank Spinners Entertainment enough for the amazing job that they did for our wedding September 8, 2019. From my very first phone call with Jay I knew that we would end up booking with them. His enthusiasm and passion for what he does is incredible. He was so easy and fun to speak with and share ideas with. Instantly he got the vibe that we wanted for our wedding and was able to easily guide us in our selection of entertainment. We loved that they have so many entertainment options to chose from!

Throughout our entire wedding day they evolved to suit the vibe of each setting. Jay and Nicole played guitar and violin out on the beach prior to and during our ceremony. Our friends and family said it was so cool to be sitting out on the beach listening to them play! Walking down the isle to the instrumentals of one of my favorite songs was a dream come true and they played it so well!

For cocktail hour we had their band Owls & Lions perform. They were absolutely amazing! If you are looking for a wedding band that will be different from all the rest, book them! So many people came up and asked us during cocktail who they were and where we found them! They definitely set the tone for a fun night!

Jay was the perfect MC and kept things flowing seamlessly. We kept Kevin the drummer from Owls & Lions all night so we had a hybrid DJ setup. In our opinion it was so much better than just having a DJ or just having a band. Him and Jay kept people on the dance floor all night.

So many people have called to tell us that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to and I attribute much of that to Jay, Nicole and Kevin. I had never met them in person before the wedding because we live a good distance away. When we finally got to meet on our wedding day they truly already felt like friends. We are looking forward to going and seeing Owls & Lions perform as soon as we can!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Love,
    Lauren & Matt

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Drea

Drea · Married on 08/04/2019

Out wedding day!!!

Where do I even start with jay, and The owls and lions. So my husband and I really wanted a band but had to stay within our budget. That’s where we found Spinners Entertainment. First of all, they are worth SO MUCH MORE than what the rates are. Which means your getting more for what you pay for 100% hands down. He gave us the amazing option of accommodating us with his amazing band Owls and Lions and also his exceptional Dj’ing skills. I could not have gotten enough compliments about Owls and Lions. I had an overwhelming amount of text messages about how great they were. They played for my ceremony, (the entire thing) while people were sitting and waiting and during when the bridal party came out to a song that meant a lot to us. They did exactly what I envisioned and it was PERFECT. The cocktail hour was even better. The party before the party is what it felt like because of the great positive and uppity vibes that they just were responsible for, had filled the room. I had them for an hour of the reception and regret not having them longer. They really got the party started. Not only do they get the party started right, they get involved in the actual party! It was amazing. I would recommend owls and lions to ANYONE for ANY event not just a wedding. Simply amazing. Now for jay. The last 3 hours of our reception was all JAY Della Valle. And let me just say this guy is indescribably AMAZING at what he does. The entire time Jay was calm, cool collected. He was confident in what he was doing. He had my party going NUTS. I have never seen an entire dance floor filled and all the seats empty at a wedding. It was EXHILARATING. He fed off of our crowd and our party and everything he played was perfect. Like I said everyone wanted to know who our DJ was because it was the best most fun wedding they have been at and I owe a lot of it to Jay and Spinners Entertainment. I can’t thank you enough jay and your crew for making my day become over and beyond anything We ever expected. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS !

Nick and Drea MATAYAAAA :)

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 07/03/2019

The Crowd Loved Them!

We had Spinners Entertainment/Owls and Lions with the full band/DJ, magic mirror package for our wedding last month and could not have been happier with the experience. THEY'RE THE BEST!

I have worked with Jay, Kevin and Nicole on a regular basis since 2010 when I first became and event planner and knew from the very first time I saw them play at a client's wedding that I would need them at mine. They can get a party started like no other band/DJ I have ever seen and they did just that at my wedding last month.

Not only did Jay give our guests a night to remember, but he was also there to help us with ideas throughout the entire planning process whether it was logistics and timing or music selection, Jay was always available to give us advice. They made every detail of our event special and even let my Uncle sing our processional song while Jay played the guitar along with him. They were open to any crazy idea we had and made it even better than we could have imagined. We truly cannot thank them enough for all they did to make our big day the best it could have been!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Gina

Gina K. · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect from start to finish

Jay from Spinners Entertainment is the BEST!! From start to finish it was the easiest experience, Jay was always there for us! We had the best time at our wedding and danced the night away! THANK YOU SO MUCH JAY!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Nicholas

Nicholas D. · Married on 05/25/2019

Vital to our wedding

Jay was the heartbeat of our wedding. He was an MC, musician, and even helped keep the wedding moving along on track. We don't know what we would have done with out him.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 04/13/2019

Incredible entertainment team for any event!

Jay and Kevin are absolutely phenomenal. We took a shot with Spinners despite never seeing them before because my husband and I just had to have their band, Owls and Lions, perform at our ceremony and cocktail hour. We could not be more pleased that we did! My husband and I have a totally random, wide range of musical tastes and Jay incorporated all of our requests into the most fun night of music! Our guests were up and dancing the entire evening. We also had had a somewhat strange request for the dinner music, but Spinners delivered. Additionally, Jay totally took charge in getting certain aspects of our reception under control, and we are so grateful for his take-charge personality. These guys are the perfect balance of professional and fun. I can’t stop thinking about what a fun time everyone had, especially dancing and keeping the party going. I would very highly recommend Spinners to anyone for any event!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Hanna

Hanna M. · Married on 04/10/2019

Great playlist catered to our tastes!

Jay was great! He really understood the type of music we wanted and catered to our special song requests and specific genres of music we asked for. Really awesome night and our guests had a blast!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Kerry · Married on 11/03/2018

Thank you!

Our wedding was so much fun thanks to Spinners Entertainment! Jay Della Valle recommended our DJ James Vincent and he was the perfect choice for us. We left most of the decisions up to him for song choices, and the dance floor was packed all night! So many of our guests told us how great they thought the music was. We also had the magic mirror photo booth and there was a line to use it all night. It was a perfect night!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Andrea L. · Married on 10/26/2018

Book them NOW! You won't regret it.

My husband and I got married two months ago, and I am still absolutely BLOWN AWAY by how awesome these guys are. I was so nervous about music at the wedding because I have been to weddings before where the music wasn't great and no one danced. I wanted a party, I wanted a full dance floor, and I sure got it. Spinners Entertainment/Owns & Lions was the best decision I made while wedding planning, hands down. Jay, Nicole & Kevin showed up on time, played live music as guests were arriving and during the ceremony. They then played live music during cocktail hour, and Jay & Kevin transitioned to full DJ after dinner. They are SO talented.

Jay is a straight-up entertainer. During the DJ set, he was out on the dance floor singing to some of the hits and getting people going. I had friends texting me for days talking about how amazing they were. They completely exceeded my expectations. They played exactly what we wanted them to play plus they had fun with the DJ set and played the songs I never even knew I needed. On top of that, Kevin took some awesome videos of the party and fun boomerangs that they sent us after.

Do not hesitate to book them-- DO IT NOW! I doubt you'll be able to find anything else as awesome and for a totally reasonable price. Thank you guys so much!!

Sent on 12/19/2018