29 Reviews for Spice Catering

Liquor License (1)
House Liquor (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)

We are so happy that we went with Spice Catering for our October wedding! The food was delicious and the way they presented it was beautiful. Dan and his entire staff made sure we were well taken care of and happy throughout our wedding. He is a true professional and you can see how passionate he is when it comes to his business. I don't thing we could have trusted anyone else for the most important day of our lives. They set aside food for us during cocktail hour so we could have a chance to eat during our carriage ride and picture taking. It was definitely a lifesaver! The caprese pipettes were so cute and tasty that I'm still hearing about them from my family and friends. We even had our own champagne waiting for us and then later on a bottle of wine at our table. The wine was Josh wine which is my husband's name. It’s those little details that helped make our day special. Thank you Dan!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/28/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Nice group of people who were helpful and attentive. Their banquet presentation was elegant and tasty. Their servers were unobtrusive but present for all serving needs, quietly anticipating each stage of the celebration, even lighting the candles on the cake table!

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 10/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From start to finish everything was easy and great. Food was amazing and exactly what we wanted to fit our wedding style. The staff on our wedding day made everything perfect!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Buffet, Custom Menu, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Signature Drink

Carisa and the entire Spice team were incredible from the start to finish. They worked with us and everything turned out just as we hoped. The food was sensational, the service was extraordinary. It all helped to make our wedding the beautiful and loving event we wanted to share with our families and friends.

Profile Picture Jim & Adriana, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Vegetarian, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings

Dan Biagioni is the only caterer that I contacted that picked up the phone to discuss the catering for our wedding. We did not have a set idea of what we wanted nor a fixed budget. He provided advice that resulted in us have a buffet with one chicken dish, one salmon dish and one vegetarian dish ("adult mac 'n' cheese"). This covered all our bases and turned out to be a delicious combination that accommodated all our guests tastes. He put on a beautiful cocktail hour and provided the alcohol. We chose to stick to wine and beer. We provided our own flatware and plates for the main meal and he provided all the glasses for the tables. The price was reasonable and his team went above and beyond for taking care of all our 150 guests. I highly recommend his catering service to anyone.

Profile Picture Tasleem, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Spice catered our summer wedding, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. Dan was very professional and creative, and we loved the unique menu items he created for our special day. Our reception was a rustic backyard gathering, and we chose to have stations rather than passed plates; everyone raved about both the creative cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and the delicious options for dinner. On top of the amazing food, the service was top notch. Everyone was very attentive to our guests, who were pleased and had nothing but great reviews throughout the evening! My husband and I had a personal caterer who checked in on us, making sure we had food and something to drink during the busy cocktail hour- which we were so thankful for! Spice catering is perfect for any event, big or small. They serve high quality, one of a kind dishes made personally to your liking, and the quality of service is unbeatable!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

From day one, Dan and his crew were nothing but professional and courteous. Anything I wanted he made it happen. Dan is high energy and happy to Brian storm with you to make your day uniquely yours. He was such a pleasure to work with. His staff took such great care of us on our wedding day. From making sure we ate (Someone made us plates and came to get us when it was ready) to making sure we stayed hydrated.
Carissa the wedding Cordinator is awesome too. She helped me towards the end. She tied up all the loose ends. Set my wedding timeline and was my go to person for all my freak out moments. She also set up my tables, chairs, linnens, centerpieces and other things for the day.

It is bittersweet that I am at the end of my journey. They have been such a integral part of my life for the last year. they truly felt like and treated us like family!

Profile Picture Angela, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning

Dan is very personable and deals with the clients directly. He provides his expertise and is a great listener when it comes to what you're looking for.

Profile Picture Joseph, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

A first class caterer provided amazing food and excellent service! We are still receiving raves on how wonderful the food was! No complaints at all, I would highly recommend Spice Catering as the best wedding caterer I've ever experienced!

Profile Picture Heidi, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Dan was amazingly responsive and helpful from the very beginning of the process. Even letting me know about a bridal show Spice was putting on/attending so that I could get a mini preview of his food early on. Every email & phone call I made to Dan was immediately answered, even pointing out things that I hadn't even thought of! Even though I did not get my rentals through Spice, Dan helped me along in the rentals process, pointing things out to me such as the proper length of a linen for my tables, and suggesting a non traditional buffet table set up which ended up looking amazing. Dan even invited my Mom & Grandmother to a tasting he was already hosting, prior to the wedding. Ifelt completely confident in Spice before the wedding & they did not disappoint! The food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and Dan even made a special appearance on my big day. Guests are still raving about the food! I also worked with Carisa & Shannon for my "day of" wedding planning needs. I was hesitant in hiring a "day of" coordinator, however it is one of the best decisions I made. Shannon was there at the rehearsal the night before to go over everything for the day of; and arrived on the day of with her assistant before any of the vendors and stayed until the last vendor left. She was there the entire day to keep me informed when I had questions and was the person I could direct others to, so that I could enjoy the day. She even ran out in the middle of the reception to purchase more alcohol! I highly recommend Dan and his team at Spice for your catering, and event planning, needs.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Spice Catering was wonderful to work with. Dan, the owner, is polite and listens to exactly what you want for your special day. His staff was professional and very helpful. I couldn't ask for a better caterer.

Profile Picture Holly, 10/23/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Vegan, Vegetarian

Absolutely fantastic!!!! (Yes, four exclamation mark fantastic) The entire staff was phenomenal - especially Dan! Our wedding was held at the Branford House in Groton and they honestly made our day so stress free. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6042209, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: No Pork, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Japanese, Latin American, Mediterranean, Spanish, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer

Spice catered my outdoor wedding for 125 people in September 2015. They were excellent. They were so easy to work with even though I am sure I was not changing my mind 1 million times. The staff at the event went above and beyond and everyone the next day gave rave reviews of the food and the service I would not hesitate to use spice catering again and if you are considering them you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture EMILY, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Dan and Spice Catering were AWESOME! Spice catered my cocktail style wedding at a New Haven art gallery a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't have imagined the event going any more smoothly! Dan was a great partner, always available to answer any of my questions and had amazing suggestions. He truly listened to what I wanted and executed every tiny detail we spoke about. His team was extremely professional and they took care of everything from event set up, service, bar, and break down. I literally just showed up and enjoyed the night! I didn't have to worry about anything! I would highly recommend Spice and would work with Dan again in a heartbeat for any future events!

Profile Picture Jenifer, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had a fantastic time working with Dan and the crew at Spice Catering! They were incredibly helpful and flexible in making our wedding day fantastic! Especially since my husband is very particular about beer choices for the open bar, but Dan was able to help us with supplying liquor for our event. The food was spectacular and all of our guests raved about it. Dan was even able to incorporate food from the farm where we had our ceremony and reception, which grows its own mushrooms and other vegetables. The only thing that was missed during our event (which we didn't know about until after) was that the bartenders didn't bring the kegs from the cocktail hour to the reception area, so we ended up with an entire keg of beer left after the event that certainly would have been consumed during the dinner reception had it been available! But we were able to use it the next weekend and have friends over our house, so no harm no foul. We are so pleased with our choice in using Spice Catering for our event and highly recommend Dan and his staff!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/12/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Spice Catering was. Dan was absolutely wonderful. When we first met with him to talk, I knew right away we were going to have a great experience. He was extremely professional, he was easy to talk to, down to earth, and most important of all, he really cared about our needs and wants. Choosing Spice was one of the best decisions we made. Any detail I wanted changed, whether big or small, he was so helpful and willing to change. He constantly checked in to make sure there wasn't anything we needed or that we didn't have any questions/concerns. Our wedding day was perfect, Dan's staff members were wonderful as well! Everyone was pleasant, personable, and had smiles on their faces. The bar was stocked well and the line was never too long. The food from cocktail hour, to dinner, was unbelievable! (YES, we were able to actually sit and enjoy the food!) Our guests are still talking today, almost 3 months later, how amazing the food was. We cant thank Dan & his staff enough for everything! We hope there comes an event in the future we can work with them again! We highly recommend Spice Catering for your wedding needs!

Profile Picture stephani, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Cake Cutting, Server(s), Stations

The bottom line is that Spice Catering was amazing to us. The communication was excellent, the food was delicious, and the owner and his staff went above and beyond. Here is a more detailed review:
We met with Dan, the owner, back in the winter and told him what we were hoping to spend and what we hoped to taste on the day of our wedding. We were having a big tent wedding on family property and were worried, but Dan immediately put us at ease. Not only did he offer suggestions, but he also set us up with an inexpensive wedding planner. We knew Spice was it before the meeting with Dan was over. We had a few conversations with him afterwards, and he met us on-site.
We selected a menu that catered to both our tastes and a couple of our Gluten-Free guests. The appetizers were delicious and unique. Dan let us know that we could ask for items we didn't see on the menu too, but we didn't need to as there were dozens of options on the menu offered. The cheese table looked beautiful. Dinner was exceptional. The Spice staff made sure that we were taken care of first, but they treated the guests with the same kindness. I should mention that Spice assisted the wedding planner in setting up all of the tables with our centerpieces and dishes. That was certainly a huge help in making our vision come to fruition.
As it was a tent wedding, weather was a factor. Once it started to rain, the sides to the tent needed to go up to protect guests. The groomsmen went to do this, but Dan, the owner of the company, helped. This was not in his job description or responsibility, he did this simply because he cared about our having an enjoyable night.
As I moved around to visit tables, many guests, including one who owns a reputable restaurant in New Haven, CT, asked who the caterer was and commented on the delicious food.
Spice is a special company who takes the time to make sure every element, including things beyond its responsibilities, is perfect.

Profile Picture Eileen, 6/27/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Flowers, Unique Services (Other)

The Spice Catering Group catered our wedding at The New England Carousel Museum on April 18th, 2015. From start to finish Dan was nothing but professional, flexible and accommodating. He worked with us to create a menu custom designed to our needs flawlessly, making 90% of the menu gluten free. The food was DELICIOUS, people were raving about it all night and the service was impeccable. Do not think twice- book this vendor immediately! Thank you so much for making our wedding better than we could have imagined!!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Working with Dan and his team at Spice could not have been a better experience. Not only did Spice provide the catering and bar services, but coordinated with the baker and rental company so we did not have to communicate with additional vendors, which was a blessing, especially since we were planning my wedding from out of state. We felt completely confident throughout the entire process that Spice would not only meet, but exceed our expectations because of the frequent communication that Dan provided.

We mentioned to Dan that we were trying to figure out a way to incorporate a Caribbean theme into the wedding because we were living in the Virgin Islands - this seemed almost impossible to us because we were getting married in a barn and palm trees and the whole rustic thing don't really mesh well. Dan came up with a brilliant idea to infuse a Caribbean flare into the food and drink. From making our favorite island iced teas (lemongrass and sorrel) to the main courses and sides (Caribbean jerk pork, mahi mahi with mango salsa, coconut rice, johnny cakes, just to name a few items) the food was fantastic and got rave reviews from the guests. We so appreciated Dan's care, concern, and creativity.

Dan met with us the day before the wedding at the venue to ensure that everything would go smoothly the following day - he clearly has terrific communication with his team because they executed everything flawlessly on the wedding day, including moving 100 chairs from outside on the patio to inside the barn following the ceremony. All of the tables, chairs, linens, and the bar were just as we hoped. We would 100% recommend Spice catering for a wedding or any other event and hope to work with them again in the future!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Dan gave us the most amazing outdoor wedding. He was so helpful in the whole process from where to set up the tent to the actual menu. The food was remarkable, and the service was outstanding. I didn't have to think about anything but getting married and enjoying each and every moment. Dan is very caring and it shows in his presentation and in those who work with him. I highly recommend this catering venue.

Profile Picture Judi, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Spice is the best! We requested a beautiful lobster bake for 18 people, and it was perfect. Spice took care of all the dirty work, cleaning and preparing the lobster, allowing us to enjoy the deliciousness that followed! No matter how big or small your vision, Spice will make it happen. I would highly recommend their catering services time and time again.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

Definitely great service, flexibility and quality of work. Carisa even took care of a last minute emergency and at teh end all went perfect!!

Profile Picture Adriana, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

My now husband and I were struggling to find a caterer that would customize a menu for us, but also work within our budget. After getting quotes for thousands of dollars over what we could spend, it was recommended that we contact Spice. Dan and his whole team were amazing! We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Highly recommend them!!

Profile Picture User2544858, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Dan was the BEST in terms of explaining what Spice Catering offered and how they could help us with our wedding. Dan was very responsive during the preparation phase and always got back to my emails or calls on time. The menu options are impressive, and they also offer more "normal" meals for the less adventurous couples like us! At our wedding, the Spice team was SUPER helpful, SUPER friendly, and created a wonderful dining experience for our wedding guests. While Spice does come in a bit more expensive than some other local caterers, it's the staff and presentation alongside the tasty cuisine that made it more than worth it. I highly recommend!!!!!

Profile Picture Samantha , 6/4/16, 7 Reviews