Spice Catering Reviews

Spice Catering 3
Spice Catering 4
Spice Catering 5

Julie · Married on 06/01/2019

Everything we wanted and more

From the very start of the planning process Spice was amazing to work with. Dan is extremely knowledgeable and just a genuine person. He took everything we wanted and made it fit into our venue and price range. We also hired Carisa for day of coordination, but she was involved in much more than that and always on top of everything. Everyone raved about the food and the catering staff were wonderful too! Can’t recommend enough!

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Corinne

Corinne Stella · Married on 10/27/2018

Five Stars

Dan was incredibly responsive which helped ease my concerns as a bride with many other things to attend to. He was also incredibly helpful in handling things I would not otherwise have even thought about. It made our wedding day a much smoother event. After the wedding we received multiple compliments on the quality of the food as well.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Spice Catering's reply:

Thanks for the note Corinne. It was my pleasure to assist you with your wedding. It was a wonderful day!

Sandra · Married on 10/06/2018

The Spice team really spiced up our post-wedding party. They were responsive and took personal interest in our needs. They offered flexibility regarding our menu options and a complete explanation of the services/goods promised in the contract. On the day of the party, the chef and kitchen staff were experienced and very caring. Please be confident and let Spice spice up your party, too.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you Sandra. It was very exciting to work with you on Molly and Jalen's wedding day! I know the staff was excited as well!

Brittany Beckerman · Married on 09/01/2018

Made us feel like family!

Working with Betsy was the easiest and most fun experience. She really made us feel like we had a tailored menu and worked with us to make sure the food reflected our story and our background. We had great feedback from our guests and would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Spice Catering Group Rocked Our Wedding! Exceptional Catering Experience!

Spice Catering Group was a pleasure to work with! Dan was extremely professional but not overbearing in his communications with us. He made sure all the details were covered so we could relax on the big day. Chef Jonathon did a fantastic job preparing the meal we so carefully planned out. It was delicious and cooked perfectly! And our captain, Rosa handled the waitstaff and challenges of the evening very well and did a wonderful job with table arrangements! I highly recommend this company for any event!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Traci · Married on 08/04/2018

Dan and the Spice Catering crew were just wonderful to work with from start to finish. My husband and I got married on my parent's family farm... in a field... with all services (power, shelter, KITCHEN etc.) having to be brought in. Through his experience doing events like that, Dan confident knowing we could make that happen, despite us never having a 200 person party on the property like that before. Jonathan the head chef has a special love for what he does, which was so evident when we got to meet with him during our tasting. Dan was attentive and knowledgable throughout, and so creative in his ideas for meal choices and food options for cocktail hour and our wedding meal. We loved our food and are so thankful to Spice Catering for making a meal that was not just a traditional, typical, "wedding food" meal. Food was great and service was, too! Thanks, Dan!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Anne · Married on 06/03/2018

Spice, Dan, and of the staff were wonderful. Food was made special for our vegetarian menu and was absolutely delicious. Highly reccomend for any catering event!

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Spice Catering 6
    Spice Catering 7

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2017

We are so happy that we went with Spice Catering for our October wedding! The food was delicious and the way they presented it was beautiful. Dan and his entire staff made sure we were well taken care of and happy throughout our wedding. He is a true professional and you can see how passionate he is when it comes to his business. I don't thing we could have trusted anyone else for the most important day of our lives. They set aside food for us during cocktail hour so we could have a chance to eat during our carriage ride and picture taking. It was definitely a lifesaver! The caprese pipettes were so cute and tasty that I'm still hearing about them from my family and friends. We even had our own champagne waiting for us and then later on a bottle of wine at our table. The wine was Josh wine which is my husband's name. It’s those little details that helped make our day special. Thank you Dan!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you Becky. It was our pleasure to with you and help you plan such a wonderful day. All the best to you and Josh!

Elisabeth · Married on 10/27/2017

Nice group of people who were helpful and attentive. Their banquet presentation was elegant and tasty. Their servers were unobtrusive but present for all serving needs, quietly anticipating each stage of the celebration, even lighting the candles on the cake table!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Marissa · Married on 09/15/2017

From start to finish everything was easy and great. Food was amazing and exactly what we wanted to fit our wedding style. The staff on our wedding day made everything perfect!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Jim & Adriana · Married on 10/22/2016

Carisa and the entire Spice team were incredible from the start to finish. They worked with us and everything turned out just as we hoped. The food was sensational, the service was extraordinary. It all helped to make our wedding the beautiful and loving event we wanted to share with our families and friends.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you Jim & Adriana! The pleasure was all ours. All the best to you both!

Tasleem · Married on 08/27/2016

Dan Biagioni is the only caterer that I contacted that picked up the phone to discuss the catering for our wedding. We did not have a set idea of what we wanted nor a fixed budget. He provided advice that resulted in us have a buffet with one chicken dish, one salmon dish and one vegetarian dish ("adult mac 'n' cheese"). This covered all our bases and turned out to be a delicious combination that accommodated all our guests tastes. He put on a beautiful cocktail hour and provided the alcohol. We chose to stick to wine and beer. We provided our own flatware and plates for the main meal and he provided all the glasses for the tables. The price was reasonable and his team went above and beyond for taking care of all our 150 guests. I highly recommend his catering service to anyone.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2016

Spice catered our summer wedding, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience. Dan was very professional and creative, and we loved the unique menu items he created for our special day. Our reception was a rustic backyard gathering, and we chose to have stations rather than passed plates; everyone raved about both the creative cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres and the delicious options for dinner. On top of the amazing food, the service was top notch. Everyone was very attentive to our guests, who were pleased and had nothing but great reviews throughout the evening! My husband and I had a personal caterer who checked in on us, making sure we had food and something to drink during the busy cocktail hour- which we were so thankful for! Spice catering is perfect for any event, big or small. They serve high quality, one of a kind dishes made personally to your liking, and the quality of service is unbeatable!

Sent on 12/23/2017
    Spice Catering 8
    Spice Catering 9

Spice Catering's reply:

Lauren. Thank you for such a wonderful review. And thank you and Jason for allowing Spice Catering to cater your special day. You were both wonderful to work with and made all of us feel like family. It was a beautiful day for all.

Angela · Married on 08/13/2016

From day one, Dan and his crew were nothing but professional and courteous. Anything I wanted he made it happen. Dan is high energy and happy to Brian storm with you to make your day uniquely yours. He was such a pleasure to work with. His staff took such great care of us on our wedding day. From making sure we ate (Someone made us plates and came to get us when it was ready) to making sure we stayed hydrated.
    Carissa the wedding Cordinator is awesome too. She helped me towards the end. She tied up all the loose ends. Set my wedding timeline and was my go to person for all my freak out moments. She also set up my tables, chairs, linnens, centerpieces and other things for the day.

It is bittersweet that I am at the end of my journey. They have been such a integral part of my life for the last year. they truly felt like and treated us like family!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you Angela! We loved working with you all! All the best to you both!

Joseph · Married on 07/09/2016

Dan is very personable and deals with the clients directly. He provides his expertise and is a great listener when it comes to what you're looking for.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Joe! It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. All the best to you and Amanda!

Heidi · Married on 06/25/2016

A first class caterer provided amazing food and excellent service! We are still receiving raves on how wonderful the food was! No complaints at all, I would highly recommend Spice Catering as the best wedding caterer I've ever experienced!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Heidi! It was our pleasure. What a beautiful place to cater!

Samantha · Married on 06/25/2016

Dan was amazingly responsive and helpful from the very beginning of the process. Even letting me know about a bridal show Spice was putting on/attending so that I could get a mini preview of his food early on. Every email & phone call I made to Dan was immediately answered, even pointing out things that I hadn't even thought of! Even though I did not get my rentals through Spice, Dan helped me along in the rentals process, pointing things out to me such as the proper length of a linen for my tables, and suggesting a non traditional buffet table set up which ended up looking amazing. Dan even invited my Mom & Grandmother to a tasting he was already hosting, prior to the wedding. Ifelt completely confident in Spice before the wedding & they did not disappoint! The food was amazing, the presentation was beautiful and Dan even made a special appearance on my big day. Guests are still raving about the food! I also worked with Carisa & Shannon for my "day of" wedding planning needs. I was hesitant in hiring a "day of" coordinator, however it is one of the best decisions I made. Shannon was there at the rehearsal the night before to go over everything for the day of; and arrived on the day of with her assistant before any of the vendors and stayed until the last vendor left. She was there the entire day to keep me informed when I had questions and was the person I could direct others to, so that I could enjoy the day. She even ran out in the middle of the reception to purchase more alcohol! I highly recommend Dan and his team at Spice for your catering, and event planning, needs.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you Sam! We're happy to have been there for you. What a beautiful wedding!
  • User6030378 · event on 12/17/2015

The planning and execution were excellent. Staffing was friendly and very accommodating. Food quality and presentation was excellent.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Laura · event on 12/01/2015

Dan and Carisa were a pleasure to work with. The ease of planning, presentation and quality of food were outstanding.

Valley Chamber of Commerce

Sent on 12/14/2015

Holly · Married on 10/23/2015

Spice Catering was wonderful to work with. Dan, the owner, is polite and listens to exactly what you want for your special day. His staff was professional and very helpful. I couldn't ask for a better caterer.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Absolutely fantastic!!!! (Yes, four exclamation mark fantastic) The entire staff was phenomenal - especially Dan! Our wedding was held at the Branford House in Groton and they honestly made our day so stress free. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Thank you so much!
  • EMILY

EMILY · Married on 09/19/2015

Spice catered my outdoor wedding for 125 people in September 2015. They were excellent. They were so easy to work with even though I am sure I was not changing my mind 1 million times. The staff at the event went above and beyond and everyone the next day gave rave reviews of the food and the service I would not hesitate to use spice catering again and if you are considering them you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! We appreciate the wonderful review! Hope you are both well.

Jenifer · Married on 09/12/2015

Dan and Spice Catering were AWESOME! Spice catered my cocktail style wedding at a New Haven art gallery a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't have imagined the event going any more smoothly! Dan was a great partner, always available to answer any of my questions and had amazing suggestions. He truly listened to what I wanted and executed every tiny detail we spoke about. His team was extremely professional and they took care of everything from event set up, service, bar, and break down. I literally just showed up and enjoyed the night! I didn't have to worry about anything! I would highly recommend Spice and would work with Dan again in a heartbeat for any future events!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Spice Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jenifer! We were happy to work with you too!

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

We had a fantastic time working with Dan and the crew at Spice Catering! They were incredibly helpful and flexible in making our wedding day fantastic! Especially since my husband is very particular about beer choices for the open bar, but Dan was able to help us with supplying liquor for our event. The food was spectacular and all of our guests raved about it. Dan was even able to incorporate food from the farm where we had our ceremony and reception, which grows its own mushrooms and other vegetables. The only thing that was missed during our event (which we didn't know about until after) was that the bartenders didn't bring the kegs from the cocktail hour to the reception area, so we ended up with an entire keg of beer left after the event that certainly would have been consumed during the dinner reception had it been available! But we were able to use it the next weekend and have friends over our house, so no harm no foul. We are so pleased with our choice in using Spice Catering for our event and highly recommend Dan and his staff!

Sent on 11/07/2015

Kristopher · event on 08/27/2015

Dan Biagioni - (owner) from Spice catering was incredibly easy to work with on my Corporate event. I had called Dan with a basic small idea for my event. Within a few hours of speaking to Mr. Biagioni I had not only everything and more to fit my budget, but he turned my small basic idea into a FANTASTIC HUGE evening for my clients and I. What ever the price point, I would recommend Dan and Spice Catering for your next event.

Sent on 12/07/2015