Spice Catering Co. Reviews

View more information

• Karen
    Karen K. Married on 11/20/2021

Exceptional Quality and Service

Jackie and the Spice crew were awesome --- planning through the wedding reception. No question was too small and Jackie always responded promptly with knowledge and enthusiasm. Spice's delivery was exceptional. The staff was friendly, helpful, and beyond efficient. Our guests raved about the food and we couldn't agree more! Entrees and presentation were second to none. The entire process was seamless and the food was delicious! Thank you Spice Catering!!
  • Ursula
    Ursula A. Married on 03/08/2021

5 star and beyond

I've been an event planner for over 10 years and have planned over 8,000 events. I've worked with so many caterers and let me just say that Spice Catering is beyond the rest. Their attention to detail, creative creations, delicious seasonal recipes and expert chefs combined with superb customer service all make for a 5 star and beyond reputation.
    Look no further and book with Spice Catering now!
  • Janet
    Janet Married on 09/28/2019

I was actually relaxed on my wedding day - thanks to Spice!

Spice was everything I could have hoped for in a catering company! First of all, the food was incredible and my guests have not stopped raving about it. The displays they created were also gorgeous and totally photo-worthy! I worked with Ashley, who was able to make my vision a reality. She was easy to work with throughout the planning process and would always respond to my questions/emails with thoughtful and helpful answers. I did not think it would be possible for me to be a stress-free bride on my wedding day, but thanks to Ashley and the rest of the catering team I had full confidence that everything was taken care of and I could enjoy my day to the fullest.
  • Emily
    Emily C. Married on 07/13/2019

Missy and Spice Were Amazing!

We are so happy that we chose Spice to cater our wedding. We worked with Missy- she was helpful, easy to get a hold of, listened to what we wanted, and she had great ideas. She really knows her stuff and was able to answer all of our questions along the way. The food for our wedding was amazing- so many of our guests came up to told us that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Good food was one of our priorities when we started the planning process and going with Spice was one of our best decisions. The staff was great- the food was served to the guests hot. During cocktail hour the servers did a good job making sure that everyone got a chance to try the delicious hors d'oeuvres and they even had a special platter put aside for myself and my husband so that we were sure to have some food after the family photos. The bartenders knew there stuff, and like the rest of the staff were friendly and professional. Everyone always says that no one remembers the food at weddings, but if you go with Spice- the food will be one of the highlights.
    Angela A. Married on 11/01/2014
    Spice of Life Catering Co. provided absolutely exceptional food for our wedding. Throughout the process we worked with Jess, the executive event planner, who was professional, thoughtful, and so helpful in helping us in coming up with our menu. After tasting lots of amazing samples, we were able to select a palate that was complimentary of our own unique tastes and accommodating to our guests as well. We, as well as our friends and families, were so impressed with the high quality, delicious food that Spice of Life Catering provided for us and would recommend them to anyone without reservation.
    Jennifer Married on 12/10/2016
    Spice catered our wedding at the Ballroom at Park Lane. Heather was great and worked with us the entire year of planning. She was very helpful and knowledgeable about weddings and the setup at Park Lane. They are one of the pricier catering companies but the food is delicious. Some of the items go up to based on the price of food. We had chosen spanakopita for one of our passed hors d'oeuvres at our tasting and it was on the menu for $36/dozen. A month later they told me it was now $56/dozen because the cost of spinach went up. That seemed like a huge price jump to me and I was disappointed. One item I wouldn't recommend is their cheese display, as almost all of the cheese provided is various blue cheeses with extremely strong flavors that most people did not like and we ended up with a ton left over. We weren't given the option of selecting our cheeses. Otherwise, everyone raved about the mushroom beignets and entrees. The entrees took quite a long time to bring out to tables, so be aware that your dinner will run long as everything is made fresh out of the oven. Many tables were completely done eating before others even got served and then the cake was brought out to each table even though we requested it just be set on the dessert table, so my husband and I ended up not getting any because we were already out in the speakeasy to start our first dance. All in all, the food was great and there were no major mishaps in the service.