Spencer Photography Inc. Reviews

49 | Beachwood, OH

49 Reviews for Spencer Photography Inc.

Spencer Photography Inc. 1
Spencer Photography Inc. 6
Spencer Photography Inc. 7

Nicole M · Getting married on 10/27/2019

Truly greatful to have Spencer Photography capture our wedding

My husband and I are more than pleased with our decision to use Larry as our photographer for our wedding this past October. He spent so much time getting to know us on a personal level prior to the wedding that it made the big day a lot less stressful in front of the camera. We initially had an engagement session downtown where we had a fun photo shoot at night - which we loved. Then to our wedding day- he met us early in the morning as we got ready - each at a different location, then our ceremony photos at the church and lastly joined us until the closing of our reception capturing all of the important moments from start to finish. Our photos turned out amazing and his style was elegant and exactly what we were looking for. When we received our prints and album we were actually blown away by the beauty and quality and will truly cherish the memories now for a lifetime. We cannot thank him and his amazing assistant enough. They are true professionals who love what they do and really care about their clients and the quality of work they provide.

Sent on 02/27/2019

Emma · Married on 06/25/2019

Stop looking for other wedding photographers, you've found Larry Spencer

Wow! Larry Spencer was absolutely amazing. You get so much more than what you pay for when you work with Larry. He was worth every penny (and then some). He spends hours with you in consultation so that he gets the exact look that you want. He did our engagement pictures, my solo bridal shoot just days before the wedding, and our wedding pictures. The photos are absolutely stunning. He just captured the emotion of the day so well. He truly is an artist and he has mastered this craft. I have had countless family members and friends ask who did our photography because they are so impressed by his work. Not only is his work beautiful, but he is great to work with. His presence just puts you at ease. He will hustle to get the perfect shot (including taking pics in the pouring rain, laying on the ground, in the middle of the street). He helped us develop our day-of timeline which made the day go smoothly. He is quick with communication and he was able to get us all of our wedding photos just 1 week after the wedding, which is unheard of in this line of work. I could not recommend him more highly. Thank you, Larry, for capturing the memories which we will take with us for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/06/2019

Erin · Married on 12/15/2018

SPECTACULAR! Best Photographer in Cleveland

Larry Spencer is outstanding! He is artistic, creative, and most importantly fantastic to work with! Larry goes above and beyond for his brides; not only on their wedding day, but for all engagement sessions and anytime in between. I, the bride, have called him several times throughout my planning process to update him on changes and to get his feedback. Larry knows the Cleveland area very well which is a HUGE benefit. He makes outstanding recommendations, which have proved time and time again to yield the most beautiful photos!
    What I love most about working with Larry is how well he listens. He will take my vague idea and turn it into a masterpiece. His innovative photography has given me the most iconic engagement and wedding photos, all of which are on his blog and instagram!

To any bride looking for an outstanding, creative, patient, and visionary genius photographer, Larry Spencer is a call or email away. I look forward to working with Larry in the future for all my monumental moments needing a perfect picture.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Cyndee Burke · Married on 12/15/2018

Mother of the Bride's Review

As the mother of the Bride and the one who paid the bill I looked for some key factors around choosing a photographer:
    1. Creativity - when looking at their portfolio notice the lighting, specialty photos, portrait setting, candid shots. Are they unique? Does the picture capture the subject well?
    2. Length of the Engagement - I knew we needed someone from the crack of dawn until midnight. Many photographers gave me time limits. That wasn't going to work. You never know what you see in the last hours of the reception. Will the photographer travel to multiple locations? Are their assistants?
    3. Package - what does the package include? Engagement Photos? How many sessions? What are the options for the bridal book? Is there an engagement book? Is there something special the guests can sign at the reception?
    4. Price - Is this going to break the bank? Are there discounts if ordering early?
    5. Chemistry - There must be a chemistry between the bride and her photographer. Last year, one of my good friend's daughter was crying because the photographer yelled at her in the morning of her wedding day. I can't imagine.

My daughter and I spoke to many photographers. I watched the chemistry, reviewed the portfolios and run the numbers. By far, no one was above the bar of Larry Spencer. There was immediate chemistry. It was all about her. The Engagement pictures were creative and fabulous. He started her wedding day at 7:30am and it ended at midnight. Getting dressed, going downtown, the church and then the reception. The photos were spectacular. I dare anyone to find anyone better than this photographer. He is a master at his craft, energetic, creative, professional and kind. I wholeheartedly recommend Spencer Photography for all occasions. We won't go anywhere else going forward.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Kim · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful experience

Absolutely hire Spencer Photography for your wedding. From the beginning the service and photos were outstanding. Larry included engagement photos in the package which allowed our daughter and SIL to become very comfortable with him over and above getting the pictures. We purchased save the dates as well so friends and family would have another momento. They were lovely. On the wedding date, Larry was there for 14 hours continually photographing every moment. He posted a couple images as early as the next day and had many images posted on his blog in a matter of 3 days so people could relive the day immediately. Not all photographers do this. And the images are beautiful and artistic and stunning. I will say again. Do not hesitate to hire Larry Spencer.

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Angie

Angie · Married on 10/20/2018

Spencer Photography was the best investment for my wedding!

Where do I even begin? Choosing Spencer Photography for my engagement and wedding photos was the best decision I made for my wedding! I researched dozens of photographers in the Canton/Akron/Cleveland area trying to find the perfect fit to my artistic style taste and package needs. As soon as I stumbled upon Spencer Photography, I knew he was the perfect fit for my wedding this past October of 2018 - and I couldn't have been more right! Larry is the owner and main photographer of Spencer Photography, and let me tell you, he knows how to work the camera and make the least photogenic people look fantastic in any picture! My husband and I decided to invest in Spencer Photography for our engagement and wedding photos as soon as we met with Larry to learn more about his investment. Larry is a very personable guy and will make you feel super comfortable in any situation (like being insanely nervous on your wedding day). To be quite honest, my wedding would have not gone as smoothly as it had if it were not for Larry helping me to coordinate the exact times of every important event of the day, and making sure that the timing of every event was on point. He literally made our wedding experience the true experience that it was. Not only did he help with coordination, but he completely calmed my nerves and anxiousness about family members who do not like to be photographed or involved, and even got them to open up and be involved in taking photos (and captured them genuinely smiling and laughing too!). My husband and I both agreed that Larry is the one person we hired for our wedding that truly made the day so beautiful. After having two engagement picture sessions with him, my husband and I knew exactly how to stand, act natural, pose and whatnot by our wedding day after Larry coached us and gave us tips throughout the first two sessions we had with him. That made taking photos during our wedding day even more exciting and fun since we were comfortable with what to do! We received our wedding photos within a week of our wedding - all my married friends were jealous since theirs took months to be ready! We even ordered large canvas prints to hang over our bed and had those hanging over our bed by November! The designing process for our wedding album was a lot of fun, and Larry was very flexible in adding and changing to what we wanted. Our album is GORGEOUS. It's real leather-bound and we chose a gorgeous deep burgundy color with gold plating and gold-edged pages (which nicely reflected our wedding colors). This album, with no doubt, is the centerpiece of our family room area. We couldn't be happier with our entire experience with Spencer Photography, and we know that he will forever be our photographer for our important events in life!

Sent on 04/27/2019
    Spencer Photography Inc. 12
    Spencer Photography Inc. 13

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2018

Evans Wedding

Larry Spencer did our wedding on October 13th 2018, both my husband and I, as well as all our family, absolutely love all of the photos and important moments he captured. He made everyone he talked to feel warm and comfortable infont of the camera. He was promt to being there ontime and was upbeat and ready to go from the moment he arrived till the moment he left. He was very professional and organized all through the scheduling of the wedding photography. We both could not be happier with our choice of Spencer Photography for our wedding and reccomend him to everyone we know who is getting married.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Karen J Smith · Married on 10/13/2018

Never a doubt!!

We were all completely thrilled with Larry as our wedding photographer for our daughter and son-in-law. I never worried once if he was getting all the details and if everything would turn out, I already knew it would. The quality of his work and his ability to capture the emotion of the day is the reason we knew he was the right choice. He made us all laugh, was very thorough, professional and never in the way. He knows his equipment very well so he can set up, get what he needs and move on to the next moment. We were more than happy!!!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Andrea Rockhold · Married on 09/22/2018

Engagement photos and wedding photos

Larry was so wonderful to work with and made it such and effortless and delightful experience!! True artist and couldn’t be happier with the beautiful pictures!!

Sent on 01/18/2019

brooke · Married on 08/18/2018

Spectacular!

It would be an understatement to say that choosing Spencer Photography was the best decision we made involving our wedding. Following Larry’s work years before I had ever thought about getting married, I knew that when the time came, he was the guy! Fast forward about five years, I got my ring and the first thing I did after all the celebrating was I called Larry. Fun Fact: Larry knew about my husband and I’s engagement BEFORE my family (sorry mom). It was important that we secured the date we wanted right away! He has a talent for turning a 2D picture into a masterpiece filled with all of the emotions from that very moment the memory was captured. I am blessed to have such beautiful portraits of our wedding and the honor of working with Larry and his assistant.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Karen · Married on 06/23/2018

Larry Spencer was the wonderful photographer we chose for our big day at Firestone Country Club on June 23rd, 2018. Planning our wedding from Texas, Larry, from the beginning, showed his flexibility and professionalism. We began our journey with him at Hale Farm and Village one cold November afternoon for our engagement "Save the Date" photos. We quickly realized Larry wasn't your ordinary photographer. He went above and beyond making sure we had fun, were comfortable, and most importantly got amazing photos. He also was willing to try my silly pinterest idea without any hesitation. We had our second engagement shoot at Firestone Country Club when is was below zero in January. Again, Larry suggested stepping quickly outside for a shot in front of their famous sign. Reluctantly we ran outside (trying not to freeze) and got the shot in. Of course this photo is the one we picked for our Save the Date. Larry knew best.
    When it came time for our big day, I had complete confidence in Larry and his assistant. Throughout the night, I didn't even seem to notice Larry was there (which is how we wanted it). He did grab us for a quick shot outside when the sun was setting (he said we only have a short window to get the shot) and again this picture became one of my favorite of the evening. If you aren't noticing, this guy really knows what he is doing. After the wedding, we began the process of creating our album. While I knew it would be an investment, it would be my only physical memory from the night. I did not want to take on the task of trying to create my own, like many of my friends have attempted. Larry delivered our album to us last week and we couldn't be more satisfied. It is very high quality, the pictures are amazing, and he was genuinely happy to deliver it to us and look through the pages. In the future, whatever meaningful celebration or moment I want to document, Larry Spencer will be the person I call. He has a gift and enjoys sharing it with the people.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Spencer Photography Inc. 14

Carly · Married on 06/17/2018

Larry Spencer hands down made our wedding experience. From the first time we met, he was willing to go above and beyond for us. Larry drove over two hours so we could have engagement photos where we always dreamed. Then over the year, would keep in constant communication with us. When it came close to wedding time, he was SO helpful and respectful of our wishes. On Wedding Day, Larry and his team felt apart of the family so it was all so natural! Our wedding photos put me RIGHT back to the day and for that I will never forget. Thank you Larry for capturing the day our lives began together!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Spencer Photography Inc. 15

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Oh my goodness, Carly. I got a little emotional reading this. Thank you SO much for allowing me to document your beautiful wedding day. Such and honor to take part in it all.

Brad · Married on 05/12/2018

So, the obvious - Larry is an amazing, artistic photographer who takes beautiful photos. But the extra bit that makes him great to work with is how he is able to adapt to changing circumstances - we collaborated with Larry on a wedding in May, and he was able to turn a rainy day into beautiful photos that wouldn't have been possible if it had been sunny out. He's focused and organized on his work, but also possessed of a laid-back demeanor and is just fun to be around. You'll be happy if you go with Larry, because he's one of the best!

Sent on 09/19/2018

meredith · Married on 12/30/2017

My sister used Larry for her wedding pictures in 2016. After we saw his extraordinary work, there wasn't anyone else we wanted to book for our wedding day. Larry is THE BEST photographer you could ever use. He is easy to work with and help guided us through the process. Our meetings leading up to the wedding were always easy. We discussed timelines, what pictures I wanted to be taken and got to know each other more. Our engagement photo sessions were done around the city. We let Larry take the lead on locations and concepts and he did not disappoint. On my wedding day, I couldn't have been happier with Larry. Larry was on time (at 6:30 AM!) and while we got ready you didn't even know he was there. Him and his assistant were both with us the entire day, capturing every moment. He was one of the last vendors to leave our reception at midnight! He is easy to work with and what I appreciate is he is honest about what shots may and may work well. What I love most about Larry's work is he treats his pictures as a true form of art. Our pictures were not staged with us all looking right at the camera smiling. Our pictures were taken in the moment. He captures EVERY moment, as it happens, PERFECTLY. If you want incredible photos that capture true emotion you will not be disappointed. Larry is the best! He made our wedding day amazing. He made us comfortable and did his job the best I could ever imagine. I now feel Larry is a true family friend. Cleveland brides, if you are looking for the BEST photographer ever, don't think anymore, book Larry Spencer at Spencer Photography Inc.

Sent on 02/10/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

The first time I saw Larry's work was when one of my best friend's sister got married. I remember seeing the photos pop up daily on social media and thinking, "dang, those are some incredible pictures". The first time I met Larry was when he was the photographer for that same friend and I was a bridesmaid. I remember thinking, "dang, this guy is awesome, I've never seen someone who so obviously knows exactly what they're doing." Which is true, it's almost like you can see the gears turning in his head and his eyes light up when he thinks of yet another great idea for a shot. After I got engaged last year and my husband and I began the planning process, I remember thinking, "Larry Spencer is the only person I want documenting our wedding." To say that Larry is an artist is an overwhelming understatement. He doesn't just take pictures, he truly captures the best moments of your life so that you can have them forever. There's no staging, no weird and dramatic poses against faded brick walls.... which, there's nothing wrong with. If that's your thing, there are many photographers out there who can give you that. But, if you're a bride in NE Ohio who is looking for a professional who is going to go above and beyond to give you the most memorable and meaningful photos, then you need to go with Larry. On our wedding day, he woke up before the sun to meet my husband and I at a coffee shop for our one last "alone moment" of the day before we got married. Larry was there at 6am and stayed with us until almost midnight. Our venue coordinator was shocked when she heard that Larry was with us for as long as we wanted and had no set arrival and departure times. She said, "you don't see that a lot these days." That statement, in my opinion, is the essence of Spencer Photography. Larry is unique in the best ways. He is phenomenal at what he does and his passion for his work is almost palpable. Thank you for everything, Larry!

Sent on 12/21/2017

lance · Married on 10/07/2017

We had an amazing experience with Larry and his team. Larry took time to meet with us several times before the wedding so that we were well prepared for the day. For our engagement pictures we went to Wade Oval Park in Cleveland and they turned out so amazing. Through out the entire process he was very professional and made us feel comfortable. The Wedding Day Larry and his team were there from the time we were getting ready till the time we left the wedding venue. If we wanted something special done he did it. He took amazing shots of us and the family throughout the day. He was able to capture every moment of our special day. I cant Thank Larry and his team enough for everything he did. I would recommend for anyone looking for a photographer to look him up because he and his team is the best. Thank you

Sent on 12/04/2017

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Lance. You and Chelsea were awesome throughout the entire process. I'm lucky to have clients like you.

Mary · Married on 09/16/2017

I knew as soon as I got engaged who my wedding photographer was going to be.
    I have known Larry for a very long time.
    He has done a few weddings for mutual friends as well as my daughters senior pictures.
    His work always amazes me the way he captures moments in camera.
    So I knew it had to be him for our special day.
    From our first meeting till the end of our wedding night he exceeded every expectation. He went above and beyond.
    It started out with our engagement photos. That was a fun time and it helped to get us comfortable in front of the camera. Lots of laughs that day.
    The next shoot was when Larry volunteered to come and take pictures at my bachelorette party.
    We rode the mechanical bull that night and he didn't want to miss it!
    Finally the wedding day. He was there from the start of the day at 8am until the end of the night when the reception ended at 1130.
    He didn't miss one part of our special day.
    When we got our wedding photos back it was so difficult to choose we ended up doubling the spreads in our album.
    I could not be more happy with the way he photographed our special day and all the memories we will have forever in pictures.
    Thank you so much Larry!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Mary! You and Jon were awesome to work with!

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2017

Larry was great. We used him for engagement photos as well as wedding photos. I strongly suggest going this route because not only do you get to know your photography but also his style of photography. Larry is so creative and I loved his unique photos as well as his traditional ones. He was very accommodating and did a perfect mix between the 2 for our wedding photos. We are so lucky to have found him and are absolutely in love with our wedding album. I am on many Facebook wedding websites and girls were saying that I took them a year to receive their wedding photos! Not okay! Larry was posting pictures on Facebook as soon as we were on our honeymoon. Our wedding was in August and we already have our wedding book! Thanks for everything Larry :)

Sent on 11/05/2017

Megan · Married on 06/30/2017

Larry Spencer captured our wedding and did an absolutely amazing job! He really takes his time and is very well organized. He went above and beyond as our photographer even making sure all the moments were captured and all the vendors were on the same page so he did not miss anything. His pictures are absolutely beautiful. He doesn't just take the same pictures as every other photographer, he is unique and that's what I love about his photos. The album we were presented with after our wedding was amazing. The quality of the album is great and the pictures and set up are beautiful from the beginning of our wedding until the end. Everyone loved his work at our wedding and still brag about how great he was. Your the best Larry Spencer!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/17/2017

Larry is an all-around fantastic photographer and person. His passion and skill is simply unmatched. His talent is apparent in each and every picture. He perfectly captured the personality of my wedding day while making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. He is also very personable and easy to work with. We had a very silly and outgoing wedding party, to say that least, and Larry joined right in the fun and was a joy to have around throughout our day. I would recommend him over and over to anyone and everyone. He is just amazing!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

Larry is amazing, professional and goes above and beyond. The most beautiful photos I could have hoped for. Larry is a gem and an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't wait to work with him again on family portraits. His passion for his work shows in the quality of his product. You cannot go wrong.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Melissa · Married on 11/05/2016

Larry is outstanding! My husband and I reside in Florida but luckily Larry is so good that I had zero hesitation hiring him with no in person interaction except for our engagement photos and the actual day of! Larry did one of my girlfriends wedding in 2015 and I was able to see First hand his great vision and creative perspectives for where and how to shoot. He was able to get plenty of classic shots that I really wanted in conjunction with the shots that I would have never thought of taking! He was easy to work with, answered a ton of questions always with a smile, listened to what was important to myself, husband and family, and truly captured our special day to a tee!! On our wedding day he literally was a machine arriving at our venue at 7am and staying with us until the end of the reception. Going through all the beautiful images a few weeks after the event was incredible because the actual day truly went by too quick. If you are looking for the best wedding photographer who makes this process seamless and pleasant do yourself a favor and hire Larry!!!

Sent on 01/23/2017

Lindsey · Married on 09/24/2016

We used Larry at our wedding in September and couldn't have been happier. He truly is an artist that goes above and beyond to capture the perfect shot. Our photos are amazing. I wish I would have hired Larry for the rehearsal dinner as well. I would recommend him to anyone!! Thanks Larry!!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Merry · Married on 09/17/2016

As both a wedding vendor and the mother of three girls, I've had lots of experience with wedding photographers. Larry is in a class above the rest. He is professional, friendly, witty, and extremely dedicated to his clients. There is a lot of time and expense that goes into planning a wedding but when it is all said and done, pictures become the priority. Please consider your priority the day after your wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Jo · Married on 09/17/2016

Long after the most important day of your life, your pictures will be the only thing that remains. Photography was one of our top two priorities for this very reason. Spencer Photography was the only vendor that could help us accomplish our goal of having lifetime treasures that will be handed down for generations to come. Larry was awesome from start to finish. We had three engagement sessions, which definitely put us at ease the day of the wedding because we knew exactly what to expect. I also took advantage of his offer of an included bridal portrait session prior to my wedding day. This gave me the perfect reason to have a trial makeup and hair session done and also get the majority of my portraits done. This saved lots of valuable time on our wedding day. Our wedding day was filled with logistical challenges due to the locations of our ceremony and reception. We had a planning session with Larry and were able to nail down the details of the day well in advance. The end result of the planning? Beautiful photographs of the people and places that mattered most and a very stress-free bride. I was so at ease with how our big day would go that I actually got a full night's sleep the night before! Larry worked tirelessly the day of the wedding, arriving at 7 am and not finishing until 11 pm. He didn't miss a beat. He's friendly and funny and makes everyone feel comfortable. He blends right in while working so you won't even realize he's there. Our ceremony was outdoor and about half way thru it started pouring rain. Most photographers would have looked for shelter. Not Larry, there he was snapping away while getting completely drenched! If the reasons we've given you so far aren't enough... then there's his product. As good as the photographs look digital, they are a million times better in print. Truly gorgeous works of art! The albums are also masterpieces. Choosing Spencer Photography should be the only choice for your family heirlooms.

Sent on 11/27/2016