Spencer Photography Inc. Reviews

39 | Beachwood, OH

39 Reviews for Spencer Photography Inc.

39 Spencer Photography Inc. Reviews

Karen · Married on 06/23/2018

Larry Spencer was the wonderful photographer we chose for our big day at Firestone Country Club on June 23rd, 2018. Planning our wedding from Texas, Larry, from the beginning, showed his flexibility and professionalism. We began our journey with him at Hale Farm and Village one cold November afternoon for our engagement "Save the Date" photos. We quickly realized Larry wasn't your ordinary photographer. He went above and beyond making sure we had fun, were comfortable, and most importantly got amazing photos. He also was willing to try my silly pinterest idea without any hesitation. We had our second engagement shoot at Firestone Country Club when is was below zero in January. Again, Larry suggested stepping quickly outside for a shot in front of their famous sign. Reluctantly we ran outside (trying not to freeze) and got the shot in. Of course this photo is the one we picked for our Save the Date. Larry knew best.
    When it came time for our big day, I had complete confidence in Larry and his assistant. Throughout the night, I didn't even seem to notice Larry was there (which is how we wanted it). He did grab us for a quick shot outside when the sun was setting (he said we only have a short window to get the shot) and again this picture became one of my favorite of the evening. If you aren't noticing, this guy really knows what he is doing. After the wedding, we began the process of creating our album. While I knew it would be an investment, it would be my only physical memory from the night. I did not want to take on the task of trying to create my own, like many of my friends have attempted. Larry delivered our album to us last week and we couldn't be more satisfied. It is very high quality, the pictures are amazing, and he was genuinely happy to deliver it to us and look through the pages. In the future, whatever meaningful celebration or moment I want to document, Larry Spencer will be the person I call. He has a gift and enjoys sharing it with the people.

Spencer Photography Inc. 1

Carly · Married on 06/17/2018

Larry Spencer hands down made our wedding experience. From the first time we met, he was willing to go above and beyond for us. Larry drove over two hours so we could have engagement photos where we always dreamed. Then over the year, would keep in constant communication with us. When it came close to wedding time, he was SO helpful and respectful of our wishes. On Wedding Day, Larry and his team felt apart of the family so it was all so natural! Our wedding photos put me RIGHT back to the day and for that I will never forget. Thank you Larry for capturing the day our lives began together!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Spencer Photography Inc. 2

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Oh my goodness, Carly. I got a little emotional reading this. Thank you SO much for allowing me to document your beautiful wedding day. Such and honor to take part in it all.

Brad · Married on 05/12/2018

So, the obvious - Larry is an amazing, artistic photographer who takes beautiful photos. But the extra bit that makes him great to work with is how he is able to adapt to changing circumstances - we collaborated with Larry on a wedding in May, and he was able to turn a rainy day into beautiful photos that wouldn't have been possible if it had been sunny out. He's focused and organized on his work, but also possessed of a laid-back demeanor and is just fun to be around. You'll be happy if you go with Larry, because he's one of the best!

meredith · Married on 12/30/2017

My sister used Larry for her wedding pictures in 2016. After we saw his extraordinary work, there wasn't anyone else we wanted to book for our wedding day. Larry is THE BEST photographer you could ever use. He is easy to work with and help guided us through the process. Our meetings leading up to the wedding were always easy. We discussed timelines, what pictures I wanted to be taken and got to know each other more. Our engagement photo sessions were done around the city. We let Larry take the lead on locations and concepts and he did not disappoint. On my wedding day, I couldn't have been happier with Larry. Larry was on time (at 6:30 AM!) and while we got ready you didn't even know he was there. Him and his assistant were both with us the entire day, capturing every moment. He was one of the last vendors to leave our reception at midnight! He is easy to work with and what I appreciate is he is honest about what shots may and may work well. What I love most about Larry's work is he treats his pictures as a true form of art. Our pictures were not staged with us all looking right at the camera smiling. Our pictures were taken in the moment. He captures EVERY moment, as it happens, PERFECTLY. If you want incredible photos that capture true emotion you will not be disappointed. Larry is the best! He made our wedding day amazing. He made us comfortable and did his job the best I could ever imagine. I now feel Larry is a true family friend. Cleveland brides, if you are looking for the BEST photographer ever, don't think anymore, book Larry Spencer at Spencer Photography Inc.

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2017

The first time I saw Larry's work was when one of my best friend's sister got married. I remember seeing the photos pop up daily on social media and thinking, "dang, those are some incredible pictures". The first time I met Larry was when he was the photographer for that same friend and I was a bridesmaid. I remember thinking, "dang, this guy is awesome, I've never seen someone who so obviously knows exactly what they're doing." Which is true, it's almost like you can see the gears turning in his head and his eyes light up when he thinks of yet another great idea for a shot. After I got engaged last year and my husband and I began the planning process, I remember thinking, "Larry Spencer is the only person I want documenting our wedding." To say that Larry is an artist is an overwhelming understatement. He doesn't just take pictures, he truly captures the best moments of your life so that you can have them forever. There's no staging, no weird and dramatic poses against faded brick walls.... which, there's nothing wrong with. If that's your thing, there are many photographers out there who can give you that. But, if you're a bride in NE Ohio who is looking for a professional who is going to go above and beyond to give you the most memorable and meaningful photos, then you need to go with Larry. On our wedding day, he woke up before the sun to meet my husband and I at a coffee shop for our one last "alone moment" of the day before we got married. Larry was there at 6am and stayed with us until almost midnight. Our venue coordinator was shocked when she heard that Larry was with us for as long as we wanted and had no set arrival and departure times. She said, "you don't see that a lot these days." That statement, in my opinion, is the essence of Spencer Photography. Larry is unique in the best ways. He is phenomenal at what he does and his passion for his work is almost palpable. Thank you for everything, Larry!

lance · Married on 10/07/2017

We had an amazing experience with Larry and his team. Larry took time to meet with us several times before the wedding so that we were well prepared for the day. For our engagement pictures we went to Wade Oval Park in Cleveland and they turned out so amazing. Through out the entire process he was very professional and made us feel comfortable. The Wedding Day Larry and his team were there from the time we were getting ready till the time we left the wedding venue. If we wanted something special done he did it. He took amazing shots of us and the family throughout the day. He was able to capture every moment of our special day. I cant Thank Larry and his team enough for everything he did. I would recommend for anyone looking for a photographer to look him up because he and his team is the best. Thank you

Sent on 12/04/2017

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Lance. You and Chelsea were awesome throughout the entire process. I'm lucky to have clients like you.

Mary · Married on 09/16/2017

I knew as soon as I got engaged who my wedding photographer was going to be.
    I have known Larry for a very long time.
    He has done a few weddings for mutual friends as well as my daughters senior pictures.
    His work always amazes me the way he captures moments in camera.
    So I knew it had to be him for our special day.
    From our first meeting till the end of our wedding night he exceeded every expectation. He went above and beyond.
    It started out with our engagement photos. That was a fun time and it helped to get us comfortable in front of the camera. Lots of laughs that day.
    The next shoot was when Larry volunteered to come and take pictures at my bachelorette party.
    We rode the mechanical bull that night and he didn't want to miss it!
    Finally the wedding day. He was there from the start of the day at 8am until the end of the night when the reception ended at 1130.
    He didn't miss one part of our special day.
    When we got our wedding photos back it was so difficult to choose we ended up doubling the spreads in our album.
    I could not be more happy with the way he photographed our special day and all the memories we will have forever in pictures.
    Thank you so much Larry!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Spencer Photography Inc.'s reply:

Thank you, Mary! You and Jon were awesome to work with!

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2017

Larry was great. We used him for engagement photos as well as wedding photos. I strongly suggest going this route because not only do you get to know your photography but also his style of photography. Larry is so creative and I loved his unique photos as well as his traditional ones. He was very accommodating and did a perfect mix between the 2 for our wedding photos. We are so lucky to have found him and are absolutely in love with our wedding album. I am on many Facebook wedding websites and girls were saying that I took them a year to receive their wedding photos! Not okay! Larry was posting pictures on Facebook as soon as we were on our honeymoon. Our wedding was in August and we already have our wedding book! Thanks for everything Larry :)

Megan · Married on 06/30/2017

Larry Spencer captured our wedding and did an absolutely amazing job! He really takes his time and is very well organized. He went above and beyond as our photographer even making sure all the moments were captured and all the vendors were on the same page so he did not miss anything. His pictures are absolutely beautiful. He doesn't just take the same pictures as every other photographer, he is unique and that's what I love about his photos. The album we were presented with after our wedding was amazing. The quality of the album is great and the pictures and set up are beautiful from the beginning of our wedding until the end. Everyone loved his work at our wedding and still brag about how great he was. Your the best Larry Spencer!

Natalie · Married on 06/17/2017

Larry is an all-around fantastic photographer and person. His passion and skill is simply unmatched. His talent is apparent in each and every picture. He perfectly captured the personality of my wedding day while making me feel comfortable in front of the camera. He is also very personable and easy to work with. We had a very silly and outgoing wedding party, to say that least, and Larry joined right in the fun and was a joy to have around throughout our day. I would recommend him over and over to anyone and everyone. He is just amazing!

Kate · Married on 05/20/2017

Larry is amazing, professional and goes above and beyond. The most beautiful photos I could have hoped for. Larry is a gem and an absolute pleasure to work with. I can't wait to work with him again on family portraits. His passion for his work shows in the quality of his product. You cannot go wrong.

Melissa · Married on 11/05/2016

Larry is outstanding! My husband and I reside in Florida but luckily Larry is so good that I had zero hesitation hiring him with no in person interaction except for our engagement photos and the actual day of! Larry did one of my girlfriends wedding in 2015 and I was able to see First hand his great vision and creative perspectives for where and how to shoot. He was able to get plenty of classic shots that I really wanted in conjunction with the shots that I would have never thought of taking! He was easy to work with, answered a ton of questions always with a smile, listened to what was important to myself, husband and family, and truly captured our special day to a tee!! On our wedding day he literally was a machine arriving at our venue at 7am and staying with us until the end of the reception. Going through all the beautiful images a few weeks after the event was incredible because the actual day truly went by too quick. If you are looking for the best wedding photographer who makes this process seamless and pleasant do yourself a favor and hire Larry!!!

Lindsey · Married on 09/24/2016

We used Larry at our wedding in September and couldn't have been happier. He truly is an artist that goes above and beyond to capture the perfect shot. Our photos are amazing. I wish I would have hired Larry for the rehearsal dinner as well. I would recommend him to anyone!! Thanks Larry!!!

Merry · Married on 09/17/2016

As both a wedding vendor and the mother of three girls, I've had lots of experience with wedding photographers. Larry is in a class above the rest. He is professional, friendly, witty, and extremely dedicated to his clients. There is a lot of time and expense that goes into planning a wedding but when it is all said and done, pictures become the priority. Please consider your priority the day after your wedding.

Jo · Married on 09/17/2016

Long after the most important day of your life, your pictures will be the only thing that remains. Photography was one of our top two priorities for this very reason. Spencer Photography was the only vendor that could help us accomplish our goal of having lifetime treasures that will be handed down for generations to come. Larry was awesome from start to finish. We had three engagement sessions, which definitely put us at ease the day of the wedding because we knew exactly what to expect. I also took advantage of his offer of an included bridal portrait session prior to my wedding day. This gave me the perfect reason to have a trial makeup and hair session done and also get the majority of my portraits done. This saved lots of valuable time on our wedding day. Our wedding day was filled with logistical challenges due to the locations of our ceremony and reception. We had a planning session with Larry and were able to nail down the details of the day well in advance. The end result of the planning? Beautiful photographs of the people and places that mattered most and a very stress-free bride. I was so at ease with how our big day would go that I actually got a full night's sleep the night before! Larry worked tirelessly the day of the wedding, arriving at 7 am and not finishing until 11 pm. He didn't miss a beat. He's friendly and funny and makes everyone feel comfortable. He blends right in while working so you won't even realize he's there. Our ceremony was outdoor and about half way thru it started pouring rain. Most photographers would have looked for shelter. Not Larry, there he was snapping away while getting completely drenched! If the reasons we've given you so far aren't enough... then there's his product. As good as the photographs look digital, they are a million times better in print. Truly gorgeous works of art! The albums are also masterpieces. Choosing Spencer Photography should be the only choice for your family heirlooms.

Andrea · Married on 09/10/2016

Larry was amazing! We could not have asked for a better photographer to capture one of the most important days of our lives. From the beginning, Larry was courteous, professional, helpful and just a pleasure to work with. He ensured our wedding day ran smoothly and was there every step of the way. From our initial consultation, Larry helped us set-up our wedding day timeline, offered helpful tips for the wedding day and was there to answer any questions that arose. As we live out of town, Larry traveled to us for our engagement photo session and always worked with our schedule for meetings and communications. We are so thrilled we chose Larry as he was an asset to have on our team and delivered amazing photographs! His work is unparalleled and we could not be happier with our wedding album and photographs. We will treasure them for a lifetime. We highly recommend Spencer Photography and wish we could give Larry and his team more than 5 stars.

Linda · Married on 06/18/2016

At the end of your special day, all you have left is the photographs. Don't settle for less than the best and the best is Larry Spencer!! Larry worked tirelessly, all day -- from 7 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. and the quality of the photos never reflected a weary photographer. The photos express all the emotion of the day.

Hi Larry, Just a quick note to say, thank you for everything you did on June 18th. The photos are stunning and the album is beautiful. Leanna had posted the day after the wedding listing the vendors for the wedding and said, "they were the best of the best" and that is so true. From the engagement at tower city, to the wedding day you are by far the best photographer out there. As we celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary, I think how great it would have been to have someone like you to capture all the details of our wedding all those years ago that have now faded from memory. At least now, I won't forget my son's wedding.
    Thank you again.

Rick · Married on 05/21/2016

Larry was excellent for our wedding. From the engagement session through the selection of wedding album pictures, Larry was nothing short of professional. The pictures came out fantastic and he blended into the background so well we didn't even notice half the pictures that were taken. You will not be disappointed going with Spencer Photography.

Jeremy · Married on 04/23/2016

Booking Larry Spencer as our wedding photographer was a fantastic choice! He’s always professional, an incredibly friendly person, and his remarkable artistic talent is visible in every wedding he shoots. Photographs are one of the few physical things you get to take away from your wedding, and Larry completely justifies photography as an investment, rather than simply a cost.

Michelle · Married on 10/17/2015

I would never have trusted anyone but Larry Spencer and Spencer Photography to photograph our wedding. It's hard to put into words how much I love all of our wedding photos. All the raw emotion of the day was captured so beautifully and perfectly. Each unique shot helps tell the story of the day- allowing me to relive the most amazing day of my life over and over. Larry and his staff were fantastic to work with- from making us feel comfortable to keeping us on schedule all day. Do yourself a favor and entrust Spencer Photography to capture the most important day of your lives.

Jen · Married on 09/25/2015

If you are looking for the absolute best photographer to document your special day Larry Spencer of Spencer Photography is the leader in his industry. We have nothing but the highest of praise from the moment we had our first meeting to receiving our photos from the wedding.

Below is a list of why Larry is the best and what sets him apart from the rest.

-His attention to detail. He can take the most unpleasant scene, backdrop, etc. and turn it into one of the most beautiful photos. Ex. the day of our wedding we were driving around and we stopped at a convenient store, he saw something that none of us saw and it is now a photo that sits on our wall.
    -Are you camera shy? Don't worry, Larry will do as many engagement photo sessions with you to get you and your future spouse comfortable in front of the camera. And the best news of all, you DON'T have to pay extra for the sessions!!
    -You are not receiving wedding photos you are receiving wedding art. The day of our wedding I would hear the shutter and Larry would come over and show me what he just shot. Every time he did this I was in shock. The photos were absolutely amazing! I would ask him 'that's me?!?!'
    -Larry doesn't believe in just shooting your wedding day for only 8-10 hours and charge you extra for every hour beyond that. He arrives and leaves when you want him to. Larry met us on our wedding day at 8am and departed when we jumped into our limo at midnight. That was 16 hours...no extra charge!!!
    -His assistant Renee...AMAZING!
    -You DON'T have to wait months for your wedding photos. We were able to view some of our photos the next day on his blog, and when we got back from our honeymoon our proofs were ready to view.
    -All of our guests are still talking about him and his beautiful photos. In fact, one of my bridesmaids is planning her wedding based on when Larry is available.

Needless to say Larry is the best and we recommend him to anyone who is serious about their wedding photography

Tracie · Married on 08/08/2015

Spencer Photography has EVERYTHING you need!!!
    A wedding is one of the most memorable occasions in your life. At least it is for me. I am so glad that Larry Spencer was there to help us celebrate the day and capture all of the exciting things that happened.
    When I heard what Larry was going to charge for the wedding day, I was more than a little apprehensive. Luckily I didn’t let that scare me off. When I began comparing the amount he was charging for the entire day, as compared to other photographers we were meeting with, I realized that the other photographers were actually around the same price, if not more expensive than Larry.
    Larry AND his assistant, Debra, were there the entire day, from first thing in the morning until the final dance of the evening. Two photographers! Most charge extra for that. They were there all day. Most photographers have a set amount of hours and that is it. If you want more time, it will cost you an exorbitant amount. The special touches that were included really set him apart from the rest. Larry held an engagement session for free, so my husband and I could get used to the camera and how he did things. I also had the opportunity to have him come over and take pictures of me in my dress before the wedding day. (My husband and I could have done this together, but I didn’t want him to see me until I walked down the aisle.) This gave me so many more options to choose from. The photo album was included with a keepsake box, as well as other items here and there.
    Larry was amazing to work with; he was there for all the important parts of the day and was never in the way. He definitely has an eye for taking great pictures, and when you are dealing with a Once in a Lifetime Event such as a Wedding, that’s what you need.
    Thanks to Larry and Debra, we will be able to enjoy it over and over again with the magnificent photographs and portraits to remind us of the day.

• W

Willis · Married on 07/25/2015

Larry Spencer photographed our wedding (7/25/15) and was with us the entire day. (8am-11:30pm) From getting ready, to nearly passing out on the couch and everything in-between, he and his assistant captured every moment so perfectly. The photos don't feel forced or staged, and my wife and I felt incredibly comfortable in front of his camera. After our wedding people began to give us amazing compliments about Larry, his style of photography, and his apparent dedication and investment into our wedding. It is very obvious he is someone who loves what he does and will make sure the day goes as smoothly as possible. From a handful of pre-wedding meetings to complimentary engagement sessions, everything helped make our day feel a bit more stress free. To sum it all up, if you are looking for a true artist who is a blast to work with, hire Larry Spencer. If you want to take a look at some of our AMAZING pictures check out his blog: http://bit.ly/1OKUhpl.

Maria · Married on 04/25/2015

We are so happy and grateful to have Larry as our wedding photographer. It was clear from our first meeting with Larry that he is passionate about photography, extremely talented and professional. Larry listens to his clients wants/needs and goes the extra mile to deliver and take the best photos. His passion, artistic talent and attention to detail shine through each photo he takes. Our photos are truly works of art that are timeless and perfectly capture the day. Larry was the best investment we made for our wedding. His services and photos were above and beyond our expectations. We highly recommend him.

Molly · Married on 04/04/2015

Spencer Photography went above and beyond professionally to make sure our wedding day pictures were great. He scoped out the church before the wedding day, showed up to the salon extra early the day of the wedding and was literally there ALL day with us. We could tell from our engagement photo session that this isn't just a job for Larry, it's his passion. His artistic and professional approach radiated in the finished pictures. There's a reason this photographer was named best in the Northwest region of the United States! He just absolutely loves his job and work. He was one of the best investments we made on our wedding day.