Special Events of New England Reviews

Special Events of New England 3
Special Events of New England 4
Special Events of New England 5

Laura · Married on 05/23/2015

We rented our dance floor and chairs from Special Events. The chairs were delivered nice and early and the dance floor was set up perfectly! I would definitely use them again for another event.

Sent on 06/07/2015
  • User3362011 · 2+ years ago

We rented quite a few things from Special Events for our wedding and everything was delivered and received as expected. Very quick and responsive via email or phone, extremely easy to work with and very flexible. Would absolutely recommend Special Events.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Bob is a godsend!!
    Before the big day I had done a lot of research and after calling a few rental companies I decided hands down to go with Special Events of New England. Bob and his team took the time to answer all of my questions and didn't rush me off the phone like some of the other companies did. My fiance and I were able to stop in their shop and pick out exactly what we wanted. Bob was super fast and responsive to all of my MANY emails and phone call. Bob's team had the tent and all of the equipment set up a few days prior to our event and everything was just where it was supposed to be. Everything he provided was very clean and in working order. I would recommend Bob to anyone that wants a beautiful tent and an easy and very helpful company to work with!!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Catherine · Married on 08/23/2014

Bob and his team helped me pull off the BEST wedding.
    They provided the tent, lighting, tables and chairs
    Everyone was very communicative, always available to tweak my rentals, change the tent and lighting, whatever. The day they set up the tent, was hotter than heck, but the team they sent was upbeat and very nice. We got so many compliments on our tent (sailcloth) and the most beautiful photographs of it, especially at night. After the wedding, when they came to break it down, they came prepared to pick up the mess! I wasn't expecting that. Fortunately, our caterer (also awesome!) did all that before Special Events showed up.
    I did a bit of shopping around before booking our Tent rental. Bob was a referral and was definitely the best value I found. I highly recommend working with him, and if we throw another party that needs rentals, I know where I'll go!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Ray & Nicole · Married on 07/19/2014

We had a small wedding at our home and had to rent everything. That wasn't a problem with Bob Soucy and Special Events of New England! We had looked into other companies who were closer to our home, however, they were disorganized and not customer service oriented. As soon as I sent Bob a list of what we would need (or what I thought we'd need), he sent back a detailed quote right away. He continued to be responsive throughout the whole planning process, offering great advice and honest suggestions that made everything run smoothly. The rentals were delivered early and were well organized and clean. The crew that set up our tent and unloaded everything else was very friendly and left everything exactly where we had requested. We couldn't have been happier with our selection and we would recommend this company to anyone who needs event rentals.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Heather · Married on 07/12/2014

We rented a beautiful sailcloth tent for our wedding along with tables, chairs, dance floor and lighting. All the equipment was delivered on time and looked great. They were very easy to work with!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/21/2014

With an outdoor reception venue, there was no question we would rent a tent for our June wedding. We were surprised to learn how expensive tent rentals would be, and looked into every vendor in the Massachusetts and New Hamsphire area to compare prices. Special Events of New England provided the best value, and we are incredible happy that this is the company we chose to work with. They were easy to work with, professional, and incredibly helpful. We worked with Robert Soucy, and he made himself available to answer all of our questions. Planning a wedding was a lot of fun, but there were a lot of details to cover! Bob provided tent layout ideas for us, made suggestions about tables, chairs, and linen needs (and provided these items for less than the caterer, or other vendors, could). It was nearly impossible for us to determine our specific needs when it came to square footage of the tent and such, but Bob helped us and was patient and honest throughout the process. The tent was set up three days in advance of our wedding, which gave us ample time to set up the tables and chairs (We elected to set them up ourselves. Special Events will set these up for you for a small price, but we had plenty of people to help us!). It was a big help to have the tent set up in advance, so we could focus our energy on other tasks, and enjoy our time with family and friends. The tent was absolutely beautiful, and the lights that were also arranged by Special Events made for a stunning and magical setting for our celebration. Many thanks!

Sent on 07/08/2014

David · Married on 09/01/2013

We worked with this rental company for our wedding, and they were great. We got married at a summer camp so had to rent almost everything -- tent, tables, plates, lights, etc, etc, etc. It was a huge project. We worked with Bob Soucy, and he was responsive, knowledgeable, and organized. Basically you want a rental company that has what you want, has fair prices, and delivers your order on time and without any mistakes. We got just that.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Harmony · Married on 10/06/2012

Ordered my tent, lighting, tables, chairs, heating and restrooms from them. My tent arrived days before the big event which made setting up much easier and not rushed. The choices for tables, chairs, and linens was large. I would highly recommend them compared to others in the area.

Sent on 10/20/2012
  • Lianna

Lianna · Married on 06/30/2012

Was very pleased with Special Events of New England. They provided our tent, tables, chairs and dinner rentals. Everything was great -they were efficient and fast and accomodating to our needs for having the tent installed on a certain day. I felt the quality of the products were high and we were not disappointed with our decision to use SE as our vendor.

Sent on 08/11/2012

Liz · Married on 06/30/2012

Awesome company to work with! Helped create a great layout for seating. Very professional, on time and were able to turn a huge meadow into a great wedding space!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2011

I worked with Special Events of NE for my June 4, 2011 wedding. We rented a dance floor, tables, and chairs from them. They accommodated our needs even a couple days before delivery. They were quick to put together the dance floor and the tables and chairs were in good condition. Their delivery fee to my area was high but because their prices are reasonable, it was actually the best prices for the area! I highly recommend this company.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Lisa · Married on 09/11/2010

Very easy to work with and responsive to calls and emails. We rented Chiavari chairs, napkins, and table cloths to be delivered to the Bedford Village Inn. I was able to change my numbers up until a week before the wedding. They delivered and picked up. All I had to do was pick out what I wanted!

Sent on 10/12/2010
  • W

Lana · Married on 09/05/2010

They did great. We had to rent everything... 60x40 tent, tables, chairs, linens, dishes, glasses, mugs etc. They were great at helping me figure out what I need, what would look good, what one thing cost vs another. They were always very patient with me playing around with different set ups etc. They have a lot of choices in linens which is one of the reasons I went with them in the first place. It was all simple stuff, but very nice, clean and good quality. Would definitely work with them again.

Sent on 09/14/2010
  • blackpearl

Rachel · Married on 10/04/2008

Special Events of New England was great to work with. They were very flexible with changes close to our event date too!
    I would definitely recommend them. When they came to set up our tent they were fast and professional!
    Great Company!

Sent on 10/10/2008

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations!
    --from the staff at Special Events of New England, LLC

Katie · Married on 06/27/2015

We rented a lot from Special Events--tent, lighting, chairs, tables, plates, flatware, dance floor, and linens. Bob was easy to work with over email in the planning phases and very flexible when our numbers dropped a month before the wedding. The best part was their service during set up. When they came to drop off the tent there was a surprise road work project blocking the way into the venue and the team was so easy to work with and didn't seem phased by the delay. I felt horribly about it but they were very relaxed when they had to wait an hour before they could get through. Similarly, although we had fantastic weather for the wedding, the next day was very windy and rainy (thank god we dodged that bullet!). When we went to clean up some things that we had left over night we noticed that the severe wind had displaced some of the side posts and the tent seemed ready to blow down. I called their emergency line and they came right away to secure everything and tie everything down. I know this was probably mainly to save their own tent from being destroyed but I really appreciated their concern and responsiveness. They were great to work with and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Andrea · Married on 08/25/2012

Bob Soucy and his crew at Special Events were wonderful to work with! Every time I emailed or called, Bob got back to me promptly-sometimes within a few minutes. 2 days before our wedding we decided we needed 100 more chairs and they were all over it! I would definitely recommend his company :)

Sent on 09/26/2012
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 07/27/2012

We used Special Events of NE for our backyard reception and they were awesome! We rented everything from the tent to the silverware and they even coordinated/contracted our porta-johns. Their sailcloth tent was breathtaking and their prices were comparable to competitors in the area. We opted for Special Events because we wanted to deal with as few vendors as possible. I highly recommend using Special Events of NE for all of your wedding reception needs!

Sent on 08/15/2012

Special Events of New England provided our tent, tables and linens for a backyard wedding reception for 150 people. They did a great job from planning through installation. Their installers were very professional and the tent, tables, chairs and linens were very good quality. Also a good value compared to others!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Laura · Married on 08/24/2013

I rented the tent for my reception, all of the plates and barware, tables and linens for my wedding. Robert was very helpful with helping us to select the right amount of rental items and was very quick to respond to all of my emails. The entire process was stress-free and it was a pleasure working with this vendor!

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2011

They set up our tent before we had even arrived, and were prompt in taking the rentals back and breaking down the tent at the end of the event. Everything was exactly as we had requested, and I had no problems in my dealings with them prior to the event, nor with the staff that did the clean up and break down. I'd recommend using Special Events of New England for your wedding rentals!!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2008

We rented a lot of items for our wedding and everything turned out well. They were very easy to work with, and the delivery was on time and accurate.

Sent on 08/20/2008

Stephanie · Married on 05/29/2010

We rented a big tent (60x90), along with chairs, tables, lighting, etc. Bob Soucy is very detail oriented and helpful. He gave me some breaks on the chair rentals, etc. He stayed late one day when my, my fiance (at that time) and my mother drove to New Hampshire to their showroom to look at the linen and chairs. He got back to me quickly and although they didn't deal with the town permit, he was responsive when I asked for information (flame certificates, workers comp information). The only question mark I had with the experience was that the reception location originally allowed us to set up a few days early. However, before hiring Special Events of New England, I had asked if they would be able to set up on the day of the wedding, just in case. I was told that they would be able to do that- provided that it wasn't pouring rain. They never said it would cost more money. Unfortunately, my wedding location ended up booking an event the night before mine and would not let us set up the tent until the day of the wedding. We didn't learn this until two weeks (maybe less) before the wedding. By that time, most of the Special Events of New England employees had scheduled vacation. They ended up charging me extra for tent set-up. Oh well. They did get it set up in time. Other than that, they did a really good job.

Sent on 06/29/2010
  • Soon2bMrsLaurent

sara · Married on 06/06/2009

2.5

Everything was done in a timly fashion and the workers setting everything up were quick and worked with us to get it all exact. They were very helpful over the phone and through e-mail. The tent was honestly the best tent I have ever seen for a wedding condition wise. It must have been eather brand new of kept up very well because there was not a stain on it and it looked beautiful. I was very impressed with their equipment and everything that they had provided. The price had been a bit high for us but we absolutely got what we paid for!

Sent on 06/24/2009

Becky · Married on 08/01/2015

3.5

Great one stop shop. We had a lot of complements on the tent. Given our guest list shrank from the Nishell estimate, we should've gone down to size. I wish they would've suggested that a little bit because it was rather large. That being said, we were pleased overall.

Sent on 08/23/2015