Special Events of New England Reviews

Special Events of New England 5
  • Emily

Emily Holzman · Married on 07/13/2019

Great Service and Prices

Special Events was extremely accommodating to us - we changed our order several times before the day and they were always very prompt in updating the invoice. They also delivered a day earlier than they typically would to our venue. We were very happy with the quality and prices of the tables and chairs.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Emily,
    Thanks for the review and choosing our services, much appreciated and was great working with you. All our best.
  • Sarah

Sarah Izen · Married on 06/29/2019

Effortless and high quality

Working with Bob at Special Events of New England was so easy. He worked with us to explain all of the little details and helped us pick the right tent size, dance floor, and decide on a table arrangements. We loved how everything looked and how seamlessly they work with the venue to make things just appear and disappear on site! We would definitely hire them again in a heartbeat. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/19/2019
    Special Events of New England 6
    Special Events of New England 7
    Special Events of New England 8
    Special Events of New England 9

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thanks for the note, Sarah. Was great working with you and appreciate you using our services. Best wishes.
  • Jess

Jess · Married on 06/22/2019

Great to Work with

The whole team at Special Events was super friendly and helpful. They got us everything we needed at a reasonable price and were super accommodating when it came to delivery. The chairs we rented were clean and perfect for our barn wedding.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thanks for the kind words and appreciate that you chose our services, it was our pleasure. Best wishes.
  • Sarah

Sarah Katz · Married on 10/20/2018

Great Service!

Our caterer recommended using Special Events for our linens and some rentals, and it was great working with them. Everything was great, correct, and delivered on time. Very reasonable prices!

Sent on 11/04/2018

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thanks for taking time to provide a review and we appreciate that you chose our services. Best of luck and congratulations.

Victoria Cunningham · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing Service!

We booked Special Events of New England for our wedding which was held in my grandmother's back yard. Naturally, this means we needed a full tent, tables, chairs, kitchen equipment for the caterer; basically, we had to rent everything you would see in a restaurant. SENE was so helpful from start to finish with all the pieces we needed.
    Chris came out to do our site visit and was the most patient person I've ever met. I'm not exaggerating when I say that he walked the size of the tent 6 different times, in 6 different spots until I finally settled on where it should go. He was so kind and event went so far as to pull a second set of measuring tapes out so I can see the two different tent options on top of each other.
    Bob was amazing help at adjusting my rental order as needed and helping me with linen sizes and answering all my set up questions and electrical needs. He was super responsive and even went so far as to recommend a different dance floor color once he got to know my style. It was definitely a better choice than the original one I had picked out!
    The tent delivery and install was stress free with their amazing team. Chris again was on site and super patient, as I was making minor adjustments to where the tent was being placed that day.
    I really can't say enough wonderful things about them. I would highly recommend their service to anyone!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thanks for taking time to provide a review and we appreciate that you chose our services. It was wonderful to work with you. Best of luck and congratulations.
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/21/2018

Special Events of New England was amazing! My parents and I used them for my backyard bridal shower in NH. We rented a 40x20 canopy tent, 32 antique cross-back chairs, extra wide rectangle tables, a farm table, and beige linens. Every single employee was super responsive and was patient when we changed our minds a few times! They were very helpful and had great suggestions along the way!! The tent arrived exactly on time and was set up perfectly. I would definitely suggest working with them!

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Special Events of New England 10

Special Events of New England's reply:

Thank you, appreciate the note and your choosing our services. All the best.

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

We had a small wedding in October 2017 of only 50 guests. Despite being such a small event, Special Events of New England still made us feel important. They were extremely easy to communicate with. I had actually declined a previous vendor (whom I had met in person) when their communication was not reliable. I am so glad that I decided to go with Special Events of New England instead! They worked with the coordinator of our wedding venue, so that I didn’t have to worry about the details of delivery and pick-up of the chairs. We had a DIY wedding, so we did set up and pack up the chairs on our own, but it was so easy to do. I was able to make all the arrangements in advance so that I could fully enjoy my wedding day. The white garden chairs were perfect for our indoor chapel ceremony, and though it sounds silly to have a fond memory of those white chairs, I think I always will!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Sarah,
    Thanks for your note and it was pleasure working with you. Glad we were part of making your day great. Best wishes.

Jennifer · Married on 08/05/2017

Our delivery was on time and set up promptly. We got exactly what we needed. Clean, high quality and affordable! Thank you!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Special Events of New England's reply:

Jennifer- Appreciate the kind words, pleasure working with you and congratulations on your wedding.

Tatiana · Married on 08/05/2017

Professional and flexible! Bob helped us figure out exactly the rentals we needed for an open-air wedding (and rain plan) without pushing us to rent things we didn't need. Their rentals were very high-quality. Great value as well!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Special Events of New England's reply:

Tatiana - Thanks for the note. It was great working with you and wish you all the best...Congratulations.

Tiffany · Married on 09/24/2016

Our Caterer recommended Special Events of New England so we checked them out. They had everything we were looking for and their prices were reasonable. We worked with Robert who was very responsive, and accommodating. He made all the changes we requested and answered all my questions quickly and clearly. We ended up renting a 40 X 60 tent, lighting, a dance floor, a few tables, and all the chairs for our guests, as well as two farm tables and matching chairs for those. When we arrived at the venue everything was easy to set up. We did end up calling Robert the day before the wedding because we wanted to move the dance floor, but he was super accommodating, and made it a really simple change for us. He and his company were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 10/07/2016

Diane · Married on 09/24/2016

From the start to the end we were pleased with the service and flexibility. When booking with Special events my recommendation, which they recommended too, was book everything you may think you will need, you can remove add and adjust quantities leading up but it can be harder to add if the items are no longer available.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Katy · Married on 09/03/2016

Bob Soucy and the entire staff of Special Events of NE were wonderful. I made probably a dozen changes and had so many questions about my order over about a year of planning, and he always responded right away and was very helpful and accommodating. I had done quite a bit of research into cost comparison for tents, chairs, porta potties, etc and the quote I got from Special Events was very competitive, plus they had the advantage of having a huge selection so I could order everything from them. And the customer service they provide is superior. I wholeheartedly recommend their company!

Sent on 09/29/2016
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 08/20/2016

I am so grateful we went with Special Events for all our rentals. Bob was great to work with. He was quick to respond and very helpful with his suggestions and ideas. We rented the sailcloth tent 51x111 for about 150 guests and it was more than enough room. The lighting they did in the tent was gorgeous and looked so amazing lit up at night. The tents and chairs were delivered and set up with no issues. I didn’t actually meet any of the delivery staff, but I heard very nice things about them. I highly recommend going with Special Events for any of your rental needs. I know my parents will definitely be using them in the future for any more events they host. They were great!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Laura · Married on 08/05/2016

Bob of Special Events of New England provided lovely table linens, napkins, china and beautiful chairs for our August 5, 2016 wedding. We had our reception in a museum, so had to bring everything in from outside vendors, and Special Events of New England was great to work with. Bob was very knowledgeable, understanding and flexible: he even did a FaceTime session with us since we were out of state, so that we could see how everything in the showroom looked. We chose a lovely light olive colored table linen, and forest green napkins for a striking contrast, both of which complemented the beautiful floor of our venue. This was actually a color change from our initial order, but Bob helped us achieve the look we wanted, and the photographs of the room with the farmstyle tables look so elegant. We even had matching linens for our bartender stations. I highly recommend Bob's work!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Dana · Married on 06/11/2016

Leif was great. He came to my home to do a tent evaluation and really helped me figure out what i needed for my wedding. I have a crazy home and having a wedding there was a logistical challenge and Specialty Tents was able to deal with it. It did in fact rain at my wedding and I am grateful that I had tent coverage. It kept everyone warm and dry. I had a dance floor installed in my drive way with a tent over it and I realized that I had forgot to tell them that my wedding had expanded by 30 people and the floor was to small. No problem, with in a few hours they had someone drive up extra panels and extend the floor. It was so stress free. The set up guys were really nice and they actually helped me move the portable toilets to a new location. (the toilets were from another vendor) That is going above and beyond.... Leif kept in touch with me from start to finish and his professionalism was outstanding. I will recommend them to all my friends and when I have another large party I will use them for tents and all their other services. I was impressed.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Laura · Married on 06/04/2016

We used Special Events of New England for our June wedding. Bob was absolutely great to work with. So professional but yet had a relaxed laid back attitude. Nothing was a problem. He was responsive to questions and changes we had along the way. His office is very efficient and helpful.
    Everything on the day was perfect. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Sent on 07/03/2016

I had a 200+ outdoor wedding and Special Events were wonderful to to work with! They brought in the tent, tables, chairs, plates, glasses, linens, etc. Everything came together beautifully and we were so happy to work with them!

Sent on 09/18/2015

Adrian · Married on 09/06/2015

For my outdoor wedding with 125 guests, we rented the tent, chairs, tables, linens, and lights from Special Events of New England. I was able to reserve my items early and then refine the order much closer to the event. Robert and his team were very responsive and spoke with me on the phone about options for linen colors and lighting/decor, which was very helpful. They had worked with our fabulous venue, Friendly Crossways Retreat Center, before, so they were able to offer suggestions about what would work best in the space. Thank you!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Special Events of New England's reply:

Adrian, thanks for your note and kind words - it was great working with you as well. All the best.

Krista · Married on 08/15/2015

The folks at Special Events of New England were a pleasure to work with. i booked them for my August wedding and we rented a large tent, tables, chairs, linens, a dance floor, lighting, and portable restrooms. They were always quick to respond via email or phone (i bugged them with ALOT of questions throughout my planning) and they were always happy to help. I worked with Robert Soucy and he was very knowledgeable. He was able to help us figure out exactly what we needed. Upon delivery the gentlemen did a great job setting everything up and were a pleasure to speak to. The actual items we rented were in perfect shape. no suprises. Great place will absolutely recommend and book in the future. Thank you Special Events of New England!

Sent on 08/22/2015

Susan · Married on 08/08/2015

Bob Soucy and everyone that we dealt with at Special events was a pleasure!! Knowledgeable and professional and very easy to work with. We rented a tent, tables, chairs and linens for our daughter's recent wedding which was in our backyard. Everything was delivered as ordered and in perfect condition. We made many changes along the way and all were very accomadating! I would highly recommend using Special events for your wedding or event!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2015

They were very professional and helpful. They took their time setting up and taking down and they required little help from us!

Sent on 11/15/2015
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 07/11/2015

Special Events of New England was wonderful! They were flexible with our needs, worked with us when we decided to change colors, and provided a stress free set-up. I would highly recommend them for your rental needs!

Sent on 11/15/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

We rented 200 chiavari chairs and napkins from Special Events as they were recommended by our venue. I was very pleased with how easy they were to work with, and found their pricing to be very reasonable! We kept in touch via email and they called a couple times before the wedding to check in and see if I needed anything else, as well as to confirm drop off/pick up details. The chairs and napkins really transformed the venue and helped me achieve the look I was going for!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Laura · Married on 05/23/2015

We rented our dance floor and chairs from Special Events. The chairs were delivered nice and early and the dance floor was set up perfectly! I would definitely use them again for another event.

Sent on 06/07/2015