Special Event Proz Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Jenn Married on 06/26/2021

June 2021 Wedding

It’s was an absolute pleasure working with Michael and his team! DJ Sean did an amazing job at my wedding yesterday and everyone had so much fun! I would definitely book him again for other events! They truly went above and beyond to ensure my big day went without a hitch.
    Garrett Married on 06/12/2021

Photo booth for grad party

Special Event Proz were amazing! Helpful in planning, clear on costs and expectations, and delivered EXACTLY what they promised! Will definitely be using them again!
    Kaye S. Married on 05/14/2021

Great Experience

This is an honest review for a paid customer. Michael truly went above and beyond for our wedding. We booked a Photo Booth with Michael. From the beginning he was responsive, professional and extremely courteous. He also was the best price when I was shopping around. He made things easy for us as he coordinated with our wedding planner. His associate showed up on time on the day of the event and was exactly as described. The printer went down during the wedding, so after the event was over Michael printed a copy for each guest that was in each photo (~600+ photos) and overnighted them to us. We included them in our thank you letters and it ended up being perfect. Michael is truly a professional and really cares about the reputation of his business. Therefore, he will go above and beyond for your event. I would absolutely book him and his team in the future. Thanks again Michael.

Special Event Proz's reply:

Hello Kaye, Thank you, we look forward to working with you again soon. We enjoyed your event. It was an honor to be there to share this special day with you all.
    Tracey Married on 01/05/2021

Professional, Enthusiastic & Fun!

Michael and his team were a pleasure to work with. He is truly a professional! He made the wedding reception really come alive with his enthusiasm and energy. He played all the songs the bride and groom wanted. His online portal was easy to use, intuitive, and a great way to communicate details of the event. He even came to the reception property ahead of time to do a trial run of the confetti cannons and sparkler machines. His communication skills were stellar- both proactive and quick at responding. Michael is really on top of things. I had all the confidence in the world in him and his company for this upscale wedding reception. As an event planner I highly recommend Michael and his company Special Event DJz!
    Austyn L. Married on 11/10/2020

High Quality, Affordable

My husband and i had a surprisingly hard time finding a good photographer who was experienced working with LGBT couples. We ended up with Special Event DJZ Because they were were the most LGBT friendly. They sent us Dajuana Jones as our photographer and she was amazing to work with. We absolutely loved her. She was very friendly and had a great creative vision for the photos.

Also, we originally booked them pre-COVID and they were very flexible and accommodating when we had to make a lot of changes.
    Kristy C. Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing DJ

Michael was so much fun and professional. He understands how to get a party involved and what the party go-ers love. He is awesome. Very easy to work with and very organized. Highly highly recommend!
    Alexis C. Married on 11/23/2019

AMAZING, Couldn’t have been better!

From start to end of one year of planning for our wedding. Michael & Kristina went above and beyond to make sure our special day way perfect. They thought of every single detail before hand. Kristina is amazing she kept me very organized with all the details and never made me feel overwhelmed. She helped in every and any way she could. My whole family and our bridal party loved her. She is literally perfection. Very professional, patient, and kind through the entire process. She was always available to help no matter how or small the question was she always answered in a timely matter. Michael is a GEM he puts his whole heart and soul into his company. He sticks to his word and he gets things done. When we had an issue with our venue he did everything humanly possible to make sure we got what we wanted. Don’t hesitate and please book them for your event. I promise it’ll be the best money spent. When I tell you our wedding was perfect I mean it. I’m still in shock. Also Michael is an awesome DJ! He had the dance floor full all night.
    Our 3 favorite things
    1. Equipment & lighting is clean and new
    2. Their website makes planning easy
    3. Most importantly Professionalism & positivity
    Sandra M. Married on 06/08/2019

Stop Searching...hire Special Event DJz!!!!

DJ/MC(Simon and Michael), a fantastic wedding coordinator(Kristina) All the lighting, a photobooth, a great photographer, and even therapist services here and there lol( jk lol) Last night was my wedding and reception and what Special event DJz provided for me, was so much more awesome than anything I had even envisioned. They went above and beyond to make sure my special day was MORE than great and I couldnt be happier. The expertise is unmatched.The equipment they use is top of the line, The attention to detail is top notch. For everything they provide, their prices are unmatched. They're professional but not stuffy, after everything they all helped me through throughout this process, I feel like I also got some new friends out of this deal lol. Honestly, hire Special Event DJz, you'll be SO glad that you did.
  • Esmeralda
    Esmeralda Married on 02/01/2019

Professional and high quality equipment

Professional and high quality equipment. We loved out monogram with our names, the sound was great and the owner, Micheal is always a burst of energy. He responded to every call, text, or email I ever sent which was amazing. I also paid to have cake Mapping done and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. It was exactly what we wanted. The only thing that was disappointing was our actual DJ, DJ Noel messed up a few notes we gave him for our timeline and things we wanted done. Along with that, I provided an english and spanish playlist and he only used a handful of what I asked him to play and the rest was what he chose to play instead. When making announcements, he sometimes sounded a bit abrupt or unsure of what was being announced so it showed that he was inexperienced at being an MC. I'm giving this company 5 stars because they are worth that rating...minus that specific DJ himself. Had it been a more experienced DJ, it would have all been absolutely perfect but I know that isn't Micheals' fault, he just needs to give Noel way more training.
    Rhyan Married on 11/18/2018

“Balling on a budget”

My entire wedding planning process was based on the concept and plan to pay as little as possible, especially because every little detail adds up!! While I didn’t wanna spend a fortune, I did want it to look nice, and not be apparent that I was trying to be on such a tight budget. Special Event DJZ was the answer to my DJ needs!! They fit perfectly in my budget and I didn’t have to sacrifice any details. They were able to provide services for the ceremony and reception; including a projector screen for the reception as well as lighting and a photo booth for a phenomenal price. Simon was awesome!! He was very professional and easy to work with. He was always available to communicate conveniently through text and met with me to go over all the details. There were quite a few details too, as I had specific songs for everyone’s entrance into the reception, as well as unique and personal song selections for the ceremony. He made all my visions a reality and made my special day all that I could’ve hoped for.

Special Event Proz's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Rhyan!! Helping make you wedding special was easy and fun, and it went so nicely. All the guests gave off a great vibe too. We hope to see you in the future should you have any other DJ needs!

Thanks,
    DJ Simon
    Mera Married on 09/01/2018
    When my husband and I hired DJZ it was amazing from the start. The way everything was organized and straight to the point, put our minds at easy. Me being the bride and having fifty billion things to think about, knowing that by just answering a few questions and telling DJZ what I wanted, everything was taken care of. Plus it didn't matter what time of day it was, if I had a worry or needed to add on anything, DJZ was there. Witch in my opinion is down right amazing. When it came to the wedding, DJZ couldn't have done a better job. Everything was right on schedule, all the songs that needed to be played, got played at the right moments. I truly believe if we hired anyone else, I wouldn't be this happy with how everything turned out. DJZ is a truly professional company and we would recommend them to anyone.
    Larry Married on 08/04/2018
    Michael and his crew, what can we say about him. THEY WERE FREAKING AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!!!
    For the last 3 weeks we have heard from our guest how amazing the music was. How in target the DJ was. The photo booth was so cool. Our guests took 100”s of pictures. Michael MC skill were beyond anything we could imagine. He really knows his stuff. I would highly recommend him for any event. .
    Joan Married on 06/02/2018
    Special Event DJZ, Michelle Kim and DJZ BLU are the absolute best! They made our daughters Sweet 16 such a wonderful event. The Great Staff, DJ, Music, Photo Booth, and lightning along with the ease of their online website made it easy and such a pleasure to work with in creating my daughters special day. Best communication with the staff, best prices and GREAT MUSIC really made our event a success. I definitely recommend them for your next event and will hire them at our future events. They will definitely have everyone on the dance floor!

Special Event Proz's reply:

Joan, thank you! We had fun and can not wait to plan another amazing day! Dance with you soon!
    Erica Married on 06/02/2018
    What an amazing job! Great music, wonderful feel for the crowd, people will have a blast! If you want professionalism, dependability, and an awesome time, hire Special Event Djz!

Special Event Proz's reply:

Erica, you and your family we're amazing! Thank you for having us!!!! Let's plan and dance another night away
    Shane Married on 03/03/2018
    Best Dj's by far that I've ever seen! Can't recommend them highly enough; you won't be disappointed.
    Luis Married on 03/03/2018
    Great experience with special event DJ, best in town booked this for my best friends wedding had everybody on the dance floor!
    A Married on 02/17/2018
    I took a lot of time picking the perfect DJ for my big day. Special event DJs were easy to communicate my long list of needs with, personable and professional. I will now be hiring them for corporate events & house parties in the near future. Thank you again!!! One happy bride.
    Polina Married on 02/15/2018
    We had an incredible and unforgettable wedding with an awesome DJ MW that made our day complete! Special Events DJz is the service you want to use to make your day memorable!
    Allison Married on 02/14/2018
    Best DJ ever!!! Couldn’t have asked for
    More on my special day!!!!
  • W
    Wendy Married on 02/10/2018
    We had a great experience with Michael! He was professional and great to work with before, during and even after our event! We told him what we wanted and he delivered! Michael was very engaging with our guests and knew exactly how to see to it that everyone had an amazing evening! We were very fortunate to find and hire him and he made an exciting day even more memorable. It is often difficult to find a person who will be able to understand the likes and tastes of all your guests while staying within the parameters of your theme, but Michael was able to do just that. His vast selection of music along with his interpersonal style had everyone dancing and having a great time. Everything went smoothly and the entertainment was one less thing we had to think about! I highly recommend Michael!
    Shaman Married on 02/06/2018
    Great people, easy to work with. Everything was very well organized and exactly what I was hoping for.
    Paul Married on 02/03/2018
    Happy wife, happy life. Mission accomplished. No questions were unanswered. No requests were unfulfilled. Memories for a lifetime.
    Judy Married on 01/27/2018
    Best dj ever! My party was a hit. Everyone enjoyed the music, the hype. All around great experience
    Elena Married on 01/20/2018
    DJz Mike Wells & Adam rocked my wedding! It was unforgettable! Very professional, arrived on time, kept all guests entertained & engaged! Very happy atmosphere full of unconditional love vibes & miracle! Best music ever! Best DJz ever!!! I'm now back from my honey moon & still feel that pleasant energy from my, I should say "our", wedding party! Cannot wait for my birthday so I can hire those DJz again. I know that fun & happiness are guaranteed
    Daryl Married on 01/20/2018
    They rocked my wedding!!!! Everyone had a blast! Excellent service and awesome price!