Special Event Genie Reviews

Special Event Genie 7
  • S Anis

S Anis · Married on 06/29/2019

Ricki is a true genie!

Ricki and her team were an absolute dream to have! We told her what we envisioned and she went above and beyond to make that happen for the wedding of our dreams. Ricki not only put in the extra hours to help us stick with our wedding theme she was great with connections and has great taste. On top of all this, she worked so well within our budget which was highly important to us as a young couple. Highly Recommended!

Sent on 07/11/2019

Special Event Genie's reply:

There is nothing like satisfied customers, Sara!
    Thank you so much for having us create all the details of your beautiful vintage travel theme wedding celebration! It was so much fun to put this all together for you. Glad you are happy bride so you will remember your big day and all the years to come.

Catherine · Married on 05/26/2019

Ricki Lewis is amazing.

My husband and I hired her very early on in the process to help us plan our wedding. I quickly learned that with her, I could do as much or as little of the wedding planning as I wanted. If I wanted to pick out certain vendors on my own, I was free to do so. If I didn’t care to do the work myself, she had connections everywhere and always had a person for me. Ricki can take care of almost anything that you don’t want to/don’t have time to deal with yourself (exceptions being things like making your guest list, picking your song selections, figuring out who should sit with who at the reception etc..personal things like that). I was very busy (not to mention out of town) for the last 6 months leading up to the wedding, so having her was incredibly helpful. All I needed to do was tell her what I was envisioning and she would think of ways to make it happen. Ricki was nothing but supportive throughout the whole process.

But what she did for us on the day of the wedding was nothing short of magic. Beautiful flower arrangements I didn’t ask for popped up on cocktail tables, on the sweetheart table, and along the aisle (and no, I didn’t get charged extra) - all of them tasteful and in-theme. She procured a tossing bouquet out of nowhere and got us free upgraded chairs for the reception. Everything was set up beautifully and meticulously despite a short bout of rain leading up to the ceremony. Because of Ricki and her assistants I was able to enjoy the day and the evening wholeheartedly without thinking about the logistics- it was only in the next couple days afterwards that we would realize all the things we would’ve had to think about during the wedding if she hadn’t been there.

Thanks to Ricki, my husband and I will forever look back on our big day and remember it as nothing short of perfect.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much for the lovely review Catherine.
    It was really such a pleasure assisting you every step of the way.
    You were very smart to request the full service we offer. I so appreciated your forthcoming in expressing your needs especially with the limited time you had in the Los Angeles area which gave inspiration for how best to assist you. I wish the two of you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Lama

Lama · Married on 03/28/2019

Linda & Ricky

We hired Special Event Genie only five weeks before our wedding because we needed to feel organized about how we were planning all the finishing touches and details.
    We were most impressed that she was so easy to work with, flexible with her time and came to our home twice to give ideas as well as assist with assembly of the centerpieces and favors.
    Ricki immediately understood our vision for the look and feel we wanted to create, showcasing our love of all things Gold!
    She even drew up full color, to scale floor plans for all scenes of our wedding using her own app!
    Ricki understood our budget and came up with creative ways to do things that only looked expensive.
    We were also impressed with the detailed and most organized timeline and other documents she created for us.
    And we felt very comfortable working with her because she totally understood our culture and traditions.
    Her team was totally hands on making sure the evening went smoothly.
    We were so glad to have Special Event Genie running the show, we could not have done it without her!
    Thank you Ricki! - Linda & Ricky

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Special Event Genie 8
  • Shauna

Shauna Torok Reppe · Married on 02/09/2019

A Lovely and memorable experience

We hired Ricki Lewis of Special Event Genie for our wedding.
    We really did not want to wait the usual 9 to 12 months of planning.
    Once we were granted permission to have our wedding USC, we called Ricki.
    This was only six weeks before our wedding date!
    Ricki totally shared our vision of the look and feel of our wedding decor.
    She designed our invitations and RSVP management!
    She even went out of her way to walk the entire University to make sure all departments had the required permits approved and all money was paid.
    Ricki and her team stayed the entire day, to make sure everything went smoothly from start to finish.
    We cannot say enough about her attention to detail and to our individual needs.
    Her resources for the dress, the music and the lighting were wonderful.
    She has a can-do attitude and never gives up.
    We could not have done this without her guidance and assistance every step of the way.
    We are so appreciative! Thank you Ricki!
    Shauna & Rik

Sent on 03/11/2019

Hi Shauna & Rik,
    Thank you for this amazing review! I'm so glad you are happy with our services. It was a pleasure assisting you two with all your wedding needs within the tight time frame. I wish you all the best for a lifetime of love and happiness!

Charles Poblete · Married on 01/19/2019

Perfect Event

Ricki really helped to make our event great even with problems with our venue.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Hi Charles & Marina,
    So glad you were happy with our services and wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2018

Exceeding Expectations!

Ricki Lewis is a detail-orientated professional who understands and capably executes your wedding day vision. We partnered with Ricki as our day-of coordinator, but her hand and help really began the moment we met! She handled our day-of timeline for both the church and reception, skillfully set up our reception with the finishing DIY touches, and is incredibly responsive on both email and cell.

Overall, Ricki provided the essential stress-relief we were hoping for from planning the wedding and if you're seeking an expert to help carry your wedding planning across the finish line –– go with Special Event Genie!

Sent on 05/19/2019

Terry · Married on 04/28/2018

We hired Ricki for her “Wedding Day Consultant Package”. She put in a lot of time and special attention doing her very best to make our wedding day so very special. She arrived early to make sure all the tables & chairs were set up and decorated, directed the caterer, the photographer, and the musicians. We were impressed at how knowledgeable she is in all the facets that go into a wedding. Ricki certainly knows her stuff! Ricki offers more value with her services than I could have imagined. She really goes the extra mile! I am a fourth generation matchmaker with much experience and I am recommending her services to all my clients. Ricki took a lot of worry off my mind, knowing that she was there taking care of all the details… and just plain being our eyes and ears so we could relax and enjoy my own wedding. She was there making sure we were well taken care of the entire day! Thank you, Ricki! – Terry Brussel-Rogers & Craig Brussel Rogers

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Special Event Genie 15
    Special Event Genie 16
    Special Event Genie 17

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Terry for this most lovely review! It was a pleasure assisting every step of the way with all of your wedding plans! Congratulations for a lifetime of happiness together!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/24/2018

My husband and I would like to thank Ricki for all of her incredible work planning our wedding three weeks ago. Every step of the way, she was there offering ideas, suggestions and advice to help make our wedding an exceptional and unique event. Ricki truly went the extra mile seeing to it that all the arrangements were completed in a timely fashion—acting as my “fairy godmother”. Ricki was a gem to work with, generous with her time, and graciously understanding of our religious customs. Our beautiful wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the creativity and organizational skills of our fully prepared “Special Event Genie,” Ricki Lewis. We couldn’t have done it without her. Thank you so very much Ricki for wonderful memories that last a lifetime. – Sincerely, Jessica & Joshua Castaños

Sent on 05/09/2018

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica for this most thoughtful review! It was a pleasure assisting you with your wedding! I just loved your sweet family! You are so thoughtful to write this about my services. Congratulations and a lifetime of happiness together!

Jonathan · Married on 03/03/2018

My wife and I would like to thank Ricki for all of her incredible work planning our wedding last weekend. Every step of the way, she was there offering ideas, suggestions and advice to help make our wedding an exceptional and unique event. Ricki truly went the extra mile seeing to it that all the arrangements were completed in a timely fashion—even thinking ahead to the unexpected with a Plan B. Rain was predicted and we were to have an outdoor wedding! Well, we didn’t worry knowing that Ricki was on board, planning for every contingency. Ricki was a gem to work with, generous with her time, and had a keen understanding of our religious customs. Our beautiful wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the creativity and organizational skills of our fully prepared “Special Event Genie,” Ricki Lewis. We couldn’t have done it without her. Thank you so very much Ricki for wonderful memories that last a lifetime. – Sincerely, Jonathan Brier

Sent on 03/18/2018

Special Event Genie's reply:

What a thoughtful review! Thank you Jonathan! It was a pleasure assisting you with all of your wedding needs in a most interesting venue! Congratulations and my wish for you two is a lifetime of happiness together!

Gina · Married on 11/11/2017

Ricki did a great job as our very detailed wedding planner! She found us the most perfect and beautiful place for our outdoor rustic style wedding! My Fiancé (now husband) and I were very demanding so it was a relief to have Ricki in our planning process. Ricki had everything all planned and ready to go, down to the last detail. She understood and was considerate of our culture and even spoke Spanish with our guests! She worked with me, every step of the way by sharing exactly my vision for my wedding. She has a no-problem attitude, embracing any last minute changes! I was immediately impressed with her endless energy and generosity with her time. She was always available to me, day or night, taking care of any concerns I had at the moment. Keeping the budget in mind, she found us a great photographer, hairdresser, make up artist, dessert maker, baker, and mariachis at a very reasonable price.
    On the day of, she assisted with making sure everything was placed precisely as we envisioned in the venue and everything ran smoothly. I would highly recommend Ricki for her most detailed, accurate and attentive service. We could not have done it without her!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/06/2017

There are not enough words to describe how helpful Ricki was as my wedding coordinator. Her experience is so valuable, and her passion unmatched. What I think was most helpful, was Ricki's willingness to be there with you physically, no matter how stressed/anxious/confused you are to make sure you know that everything is going to be okay. I also can't stress enough how helpful it is to have Ricki to connect you to the BEST vendors EVER. I would recommend hiring Ricki as both a planner and day of coordinator, and realize now (and recommend) the value is hiring her along with her assistant, because the reality is, a wedding is a performance that needs to be orchestrated, and you want a team in charge of this. Ricki is tough, but realistic. She is who you need to battle the Wedding Industrial Complex, where you will get taken advantage of left and right. Thanks Ricki!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle for this most thoughtful review! It was a pleasure assisting you with all of your wedding needs and desires! You are so sweet to write this about my services and you truly are a most gracious bride. Once again, congratulations and my wish for the you two is a lifetime of happiness together!

Sara · Married on 07/22/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Ricki and her wedding planning services.
    I have a more than full time job with absolutely no extra time for planning or such details.
    Ricki totally understood our culture and hired all the right vendors on our behalf that were appropriate and beautiful for this event.
    Everything ran smoothly and Ricki stayed the entire length of our event making sure all our guests were happy and had what they needed.
    She waited patiently after our event was finished for the decor and dessert companies to return and clean up the banquet room.
    I would highly recommend Special Event Genie for her attention to detail and complete A to Z service!
    Thank you Ricki!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Mushaira · Married on 07/09/2017

Ricki did a great job as our very attentive wedding planner!  I have a more than full time job so it was a relief to have Ricki as my right hand woman!  Ricki had everything all planned and ready to go, down to the last detail. She understood and was considerate of our cultures as this was a combo-culture wedding.  She worked with me, every step of the way by sharing exactly the vision for my wedding.  She was always flexible and displayed a no-problem attitude, assisting with last minute changes!   I was immediately impressed with her endless energy and generosity with her time.  She was always available to me taking care of any concerns I had at the moment.  She is just just a text away!   Ricki was totally capable of and willing to modify the time line and floor layout diagrams on the spot!  Keeping the budget in mind, she found us a crew of servers at a very reasonable price.  On the day of she assisted with making sure everything was placed precisely as we envisioned at the venue.  I would highly recommend Ricki for her most detailed, accurate and attentive service.  We could not have done it with her!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Dawn · Married on 06/25/2017

There are not enough words to thank Ricki! She came in and saved our day. We knew we needed a local wedding planner because we live out of state and arrived in California just two days before our wedding. Ricki had everything all planned and ready to go down to the last detail. She has a way of working with people as the neutral third party to make everything go smoothly so all venders are working together in a most congenial way. She worked with us, giving us the fairy tale wedding we imagined. On the day-of, she assisted with making sure everything was set up as we envisioned for this most special venue. I would highly recommend Ricki for the most accurate and attentive service. There is no way we could have done it without her!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Dawn for this most thoughtful and detailed review! It was a pleasure assisting you with your fairy tale wedding and decor! You are so sweet to write about my services and I'm so glad you are happy. Once again, congratulations and my wish for you two is a forever of happiness together!

Philip · Married on 06/24/2017

We were concerned because we had to plan the wedding from out of state and were flying in just a few days before our wedding. That’s when Ricki came in and had everything all planned and ready to go, down to the last detail. There were quite a few last-minute changes and Ricki was totally capable of and willing to modify the time line and floor layout on the spot! She found us a florist at a very reasonable price that had exactly the type and color of flowers my wife wanted. We had an idea for the center pieces and her suggestions made them even better. On the day of she assisted with making sure everything was placed precisely as we envisioned in the venue. She made sure all our guests were comfortable and had everything they needed to enjoy the celebration. I would highly recommend Ricki for her most detailed, accurate and attentive service. We could not have done it without her!”

Sent on 06/28/2017

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Phillip for this wonderful review! It was so much fun assisting you with your colorful yet elegant wedding! I so appreciate your writing this review about my services as you are a most gracious groom. Once again, congratulations and al my best for a lifetime of happiness together!

Katherine · Married on 02/09/2017

Ricki Lewis at Special Event Genie was absolutely fabulous in planning the wedding. Her total knowledge of wedding procedure for accuracy and follow up on all details was incredible and flawless. We were so happy the venue she found for our celebration, it couldn't of been any better. She totally understood the vision for the wedding. Ricki kept our budget concerns and even found creative ways to save us money. Ricki went downtown LA to the flower mart and designed flower arrangements and bouquets saving 50% off regular florist fees. The flowers were amazing! She orchestrated the ceremony and reception seating and designed and set up the reception tables. She was there putting on all the finishing touches and more before we arrived to the venue. She provided a timeline for all vendors to follow which was seamless. Worked closely with the DJ and assisted with song order and selection. The event was a huge success and all family and guests raved about how much they enjoyed themselves, and how lovely and fun it was. The most important thing I have to say, is that the bride and groom were thrilled with the whole day and evening. They said it was the best day of there lives. My daughter looked so beautiful, and was glowing with happiness, everything was perfect. I can't wait to use her services again for more events. I recommend Ricki to work on anyone's wedding and have sent referrals her way. Thank you Ricki for all you do. She really knows her stuff inside and out, and was a pleasure to work with. Kath

Sent on 08/25/2017

Alice · Married on 10/22/2016

Ricki works so hard and really cares about her clients. She goes above and beyond the basics and thinks of everything. It was reassuring to have her at our wedding making sure everyone was happy.

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/24/2018

We had a great experience with Special Event Genie!

SEG helped make our wedding a success! It was beautiful yet budget-conscious. Her scope of srvcs was far broader than the other planners we met yet she was affordable. She negotiated w/our vendors & many gave us discounts due to her relationships w/them. W/1 exception we were pleased w/her vendors. She ran countless errands for us, joining me at dress appts, visiting sev. venues on our behalf, & making many trips to our chosen venue to check on things. She made frequent trips to the flower mart, even picking me up from work on her way (when I couldn’t join her she vid chat/sent pics). As an architect I loved that she could communicate the layout of the event spaces thanks to her proprietary software that generated to-scale floor plans of each area; not only did these plans help us visualize the space but they also gave us comfort knowing the rental ppl would know exactly how we wanted things. Being a perfectionist/DIYer I was a very hands-on bride but SEG was always avail. when needed; from the day we signed w/her we were in constant communication by phone/txt/email. Over the months we wrkd w/her she ensured we hit milestones on time, warning us when invites should go out & following up to ensure we were mtg deadlines. She had to act as both planner & decorator as we had no florist (all the décor was DIYed). She sent her van to my house to get loaded w/décor the night before; the next morning she & her team got to the venue early to set everything up. The room looked as though a real florist decorated it! Another planner we interviewed wanted an extra $1k to set up the DIY décor! My critiques of SEG are 1)the way she timed the processional was too slow & 2)she missed the mark when it came to gathering our relatives for the family portraits, so the portrait session was chaotic/took too long. But once the party began everything went great. Ppl are still telling us what fun it was/how much they enjoyed the custom touches. We couldn’t have pulled off our vision w/o SEG!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Special Event Genie's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca for this most thoughtful review! It was a pleasure assisting you with all of your wedding needs and desires! You are so sweet to write this about my services and you truly are a most gracious bride. Once again, congratulations and my wish for you two is a lifetime of happiness together!

Emma · Married on 07/29/2017

The Special Event Genie (Ricki) is truly passionate about giving her clients a great wedding. She is very thorough in her planning of events and she provides custom planning tools for her clients. She put together a very thorough and organized time line for our event which helped insure that everything ran smoothly and on time. She has a lot of experience in coordinating weddings so she was very helpful in identifying potential pitfalls that we had not thought of. She attended multiple planning meetings, facilitated our rehearsal at the venue, coordinated all vendors and led the set-up of our wedding with assistance from family and friends. We had an amazing wedding and we couldn't be happier with the way things turned out. Thanks Ricki!

Sent on 08/27/2017