Special Day Entertainment Reviews

85 | Saint Augustine, FL

85 Reviews for Special Day Entertainment

Erin · Getting married on 04/01/2022

Mr. Wedding DJ

DJ Joey from Special Day Entertainment is Mr. Wedding DJ! When we were looking for a DJ, we narrowed the DJ list down and are so glad that we selected Joey. It was the best decision we made for our entire wedding. He had a command of our playlist and his recommendations were spot on ! Our party was such a joy and we owe that to Joey!

Sent on 01/26/2021

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Erin Thank you for leaving such a awesome review! We are so glad we could help make your Special Day the best and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Ray C. · Getting married on 10/10/2021

Professional DJ

One of the best decisions we made. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ service. Joey kept the party going and that’s exactly what we wanted. Best prices, I would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Ray, Such an awesome evening, I appreciate everything and the review.! I had such a fun time and you had a great family. Thanks again

Jon · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Very professional and the BEST DJ

My wife and I attended a wedding that had the DJ and Photo Booth from SDE. We enjoyed it so much that we made sure to have them at our own wedding! DJ Joey, was top of the line professional mix MASTER. He is a great MC who knows how to work the crowd. The way he mixed all of our requests together, nobody got a CHANCE to sit down! He kept the dance floor nice and full. Also had several phone meetings with him prior to the event to nail down all details which really put our minds at ease. The Photo Booth experience was also very professional. Great high quality photos and LOTS of fun props. SDE is the one stop shop to take your wedding from good to GREAT! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/18/2020

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Thanks, Jon, for your amazing review! I'm so happy I was able to help and to be involved in your wedding day. You guys are so awesome and seriously one of the sweetest couples I've ever met!
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 02/28/2021

So kind and so helpful!

DJ Joey went above and beyond to make our day extra special and amazing. He provided help in planning, got back to me so quickly and all of his expertise was so helpful. Everyone had a blast and he kept everyone on the dance floor!

Sent on 03/03/2021

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Tara, Thank you for leaving such a nice review! We are so glad we could help make your Big Day special and we wish you and Levi both a lifetime of happiness!

Crystal B. · Married on 02/12/2021

Awesome DJ = Awesome Night

We were beyond impressed with DJ Joey! From our wedding ceremony to the final song at the reception, everything was perfect! He acknowledged and honored all of our requests, making our day even more memorable. DJ Joey kept the crowd engaged and the party going! He was always prompt responding to communications leading up to the event and kept us informed as the night progressed. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to hire a DJ for their wedding!

Sent on 02/14/2021

Lauren · Married on 01/11/2021

True Professional DJ

A friend recommended Special Day DJ Joey. So glad I had him for my DJ. He really knows his business. My guest had such a great time because Joey had everyone involved! I also was impressed on his prices, everything is included with no surprises. Wish my other vendors were as easy to work with. Thank you for making our day great! I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Chel · Married on 01/11/2021

True professional

Amazing job from start to finish! Thank you for making this the best day of our lives! The pictures are amazing and we will cherish forever!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Sakeena · Married on 01/09/2021

Wedding DJ

DJ Joey rocked the house for our wedding. He was on point with everything and made sure we on schedule as planned. Good communication prior to the wedding and very attentive.

Sent on 01/10/2021

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Sakeena & Jerry, We all had a great time at the beautiful Casa Monica Hotel. We are honored that you selected Special Day Entertainment for your most special day!

Gina · Married on 08/11/2020

Amazing DJ

We had Joey DJ our wedding! He kept the party going and was very flexible on the day of! The booking process was super easy and they were very helpful to answer all of our questions. They were supportive through our entire wedding planning process. Their prices are the best we found with no hidden surprises .I strongly recommend!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Heather B. · Married on 08/09/2020

Best Wedding DJ

For anyone looking for a DJ/MC/Entertainer...look no further. We looked and talked to many DJs and Special Day Entertainment was highly recommended. We decided to work with Joey and his team. Prior to our wedding, we got to select our songs for the wedding to make it a more personal experience. We had several conversations with Joey to discuss every detail and timeline of our wedding. Joey is very thorough and we were so glad that he was. Our wedding went perfectly. Joey kept us on track while entertaining our guests. The music system, lights and sound system, and photo booth were professional equipment and worked flawlessly. He has done many weddings and his expertise was demonstrated to us and our guests to perfection! We would highly recommend Joey and Special Day Entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ for your special event.

Sent on 09/08/2020

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

OMG, I'm in love with this review. I can't tell you how much we appreciate you for writing all of this. You were most definitely a super star bride to work with. The night of the wedding, you were on FIRE! You danced more than everyone combined, lol. It was an absolute pleasure working with you as well as watching you two have fun the night of your wedding.

Amanda D. · Married on 07/03/2020

The best!

Joey is FANTASTIC! I am a local Wedding Planner in the area and having a great DJ by my side is a dream! He truly loves what he does and our clients love him. Joey is easy going and truly creates magic at these weddings:) Don't look anywhere else and go hire Joey!

Sent on 03/12/2020

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Amanda, Always a great pleasure to work with you. Thanks so much for the very kind words. I think when the times we work together, something magical happens with the weddings! It always turns out spectacular. Looking forward working with you in the future!
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 04/02/2020

Great DJ!!!

Joey was so easy to work with! He was quick to respond and helpful for our song selections. The music for our ceremony and reception was perfect!! We were on the dance floor all night! Another special touch that was a complete surprise to me was when Joey emailed photos that he took during our ceremony and reception. He captured so many great moments and candid shots! Joey was awesome and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/06/2020

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Brooke, Thanks for the great review! It was such a blast at your wedding. It is great weddings like yours that inspire me to continue to do what we love to do! The very best for the both of you.

Amber S. · Married on 01/04/2020

Absolutely Wonderful!

Joey was so easy to work with!! We got married at Saint Johns Golf and Country Club, and everything went perfectly. His services were spectacular and he was absolutely affordable and would work with you on pricing. He did an amazing job providing the perfect music for our ceremony with impeccable timing. Also, we loved his DJ setup for the wedding, so classy and we loved the lighting! The music through dinner services was great and he provided timely and clear announcements and instructions for our guests. Also, as the night went on, we loved how he ramped up the music for our crowd and everyone loved every song you played. Transitions were seamless and he kept our guests dancing and having fun all night long! Everything was perfect and we truly couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Also, Joey went above and beyond to take some photos throughout our ceremony and reception. Even though we had a photographer, it was wonderful to see so many details captured right away. These photos are so special and priceless!! These are memories that we will cherish forever!! Thank you Joey!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Amanda & Craig! Thanks for the 5 star review and are just blown away by such sweet words -- thank you, thank you, thank you! Experiences and reviews like yours are exactly why we do what we do. It delights us endlessly to hear we made such a positive impact on your special day, and we are grateful for the opportunity. We wish both of you the best in your new marriage -- you two deserve it! - Joey
  • Annie

Annie L. · Married on 12/15/2019

Crosswater Hall

Had a wonderful time
    JOEY was amazing
    Very professional and helpful with everything
    Music was on point just the way I wanted it
    Can’t thank you guys enough ❤️👌🏻
    I cried and laughed had an amazing time

Sent on 12/18/2019

Debra M. · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing to work with

Our experience with Joey at Special Day was amazing. He was flexible and made sure our guest had a great time. My husband and I were laidback in the process of choosing the music so we asked Joey to decide what to play based on what is normally popular at other weddings. He did not disappoint, everybody had a great time and multiple guest commented on how great the variety of music was. If you’re looking for a GREAT DJ then you found what you were searching for. Our wedding day was perfect and Joey was a huge part of that.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Deb, Thanks so much for the wonder review! It was a picture perfect day for your wedding and everything turned out like you wanted. The energy from your guest was the tops and I also had a great time. Thanks again and the very best to the both of you.
  • Maria

Maria T. · Married on 10/06/2019

Awesome service and quick response

Very professional and helpful in picking out music and timeline, responded quickly when i had questions, i had an awesome experience and my wedding was very memorable, joey is an awesome dj😍, he also went above and beyond by taking some beautiful pictures😁

Sent on 09/27/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Maria, Great review, It was such an honor to be part of your special day! I had a great time as well, Thanks again Joey
  • Dawn

Taylor · Married on 06/29/2019

Miracle worker

Joe performed a miracle! He got my super introverted daughter and her new husband out on the dance floor where they stayed all night. He had all of our guests young and old singing along and having a great time. I've gotten great feedback from family and friends about the great mix of music. If you need a DJ for your event look no further!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Dawn, It turned out to be a rockin night! I had a great time as well.
  • Alexis & Kyle

Kyle · Married on 06/15/2019

Dancing the night away

What a fabulous job this man did. He went over my requested/must play list to make sure we were on the same page and discussed if I had any "do not play" songs. I would highly recommend this DJ for any special event!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Hi Alexis & Kyle
    Thanks so much for the fantastic review! Such a great wedding. Super dancing and a great slide show!
    Thanks again, Joey

Alis · Married on 05/18/2019

Alis Schrock

Joey did an amazing job as our DJ! Very professional and made the night so much fun and gave lots of energy!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Suellen

Suellen · Married on 05/05/2019

Absolutely amazing dj!

Wow! DJ Joey was SOOO amazing! He provided us with a timeline sheet to fill out prior to the wedding, ideas of what to include in the timeline, and an example timeline. He also helped me pick out some good songs for certain things throughout the reception as well as fun wedding games to play. He called me about a week prior to the wedding to go over the entire timeline, put me at ease, and practiced saying all the names to announce during the reception entrance. He MCd the entire reception extremely well where everything went extremely smoothly. He did not miss a single beat. Additionally, he also provided the music for my ceremony, and it was beautiful. He knew exactly when to start and fade the music perfectly. I am seriously in awe at how perfectly and smoothly my entire wedding went from beginning to end! It was all thanks to Joey and my day of coordinator. He is so professional, and made sure to keep me updated on the next thing that was about to happen before announcing it to everyone else. He kept my party going the ENTIRE time! Everyone had so much energy and was saddened when the party had to come to an end because we were all having so much fun! I recommend him so so so much to everyone for any event! His prices are the most reasonable as well. Lastly, he took pictures throughout the wedding as well that were really neat to see almost immediately after the wedding as we wait for the photographer's photos. Thank you, Joey, for your amazing work! My fiancé Michael and I are so happy with your efforts.

Sent on 05/07/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the outstanding review! We work hard for your wedding because I understand how important your special day is to you. Knowing that a wedding is suppose to be a once in a lifetime occasion, I will go as far as it takes to make sure you will have the best day EVER! Thank again.
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 04/29/2019

Best choice by far!

DJ Joey was great to work with! He made planning the music stress free. I love that he was able to share suggestions when we were stuck on which song to use. He did wonderful on the ceremony music and kept the party going during the reception! He even took some photos for us. I like that he kept the timeline going and reminded us what was next so we didn't have to keep track and could just enjoy everything. Joey was fun, energetic and read the crowd like the pro he is! So glad we chose him!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Megan · Married on 04/06/2019

Special Day entertainment made our day so special!

Special Day entertainment was awesome. DJ Joey was very easy to communicate with, tell him what you want and he makes it happen! Everything was perfect and very well organized he puts much thought into the work that he does. Our wedding was so much more special and we have still have some guests tell us that it was the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to. Thanks Special Day Entertainment

Sent on 04/22/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Great review Megan, Such a wonderful wedding was such a blast, Great video, food and friends. The sunset pictures were awesome. Thanks for letting me be part of it!
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 02/23/2019

Dj joey was awesome!

We absolutely loved DJ Joey from the very beginning! He called us about a week in advance and went over every detail with us and made really helpful suggestions. He stuck to the genres we liked as well as our 'do not play' list. Everyone at the wedding we spoke with said how good the DJ was, and he fulfilled all of our expectations. I would highly recommend DJ Joey to others!!
    An added bonus was that he took pictures on his own a sent them to us, which actually was a huge blessing because our photographer was hired up until the dancing began. So we still got some pictures of the dancing, thanks to the DJ!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jamie, reviews like yours means so much to us. We will go as far as it takes to make sure that you and your husband are the most satisfied on your most special day. Thanks again for letting us be part of your wedding!
    Thanks again, Joey
  • Ellen

Ellen W. · Married on 02/15/2019

Joey DeSena made it HAPPEN!

Joey went above and beyond to make our wedding ceremony and reception unique to us and fun for guests. We received so many compliments! He accommodated ALL of our less-than-mainstream musical requests while also including selections that suited our tastes AND the theme of the event perfectly. The energy was consistent and spirited, last-minute requests were handled flawlessly and we were so thrilled with the experience he gave us. He also provided lighting and sound equipment in coordination with our venue that made the day effortless for us. For such a reasonable price you can't go wrong. Thank you Joey!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Ellen & Christian, I'm so glad to know that you had a great time and enjoyed your day so much. What a great wedding! Thank you so much taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I can't tell you how much it means to us. You made my day!

Jessica · Married on 01/27/2019

Small wedding, big night

We had a small wedding, only about 45 guests but Joey made sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. He was always responsive to emails and understanding of any changes we made. He made sure to move at a pace we wanted while still getting everything done that we wanted at our reception. I would recommend Joey to anyone looking for an affordable dj that will go above and beyond for your big day.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Jess & Danny! Great review, what a great personal touch planning your wedding the way you did! Not the same cliche, so much fun, thanks for letting us be part of your day!