Special Day Entertainment Reviews

Special Day Entertainment 6
Special Day Entertainment 7

Amber Scott · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Absolutely Wonderful!

Joey was so easy to work with!! We got married at Saint Johns Golf and Country Club, and everything went perfectly. His services were spectacular and he was absolutely affordable and would work with you on pricing. He did an amazing job providing the perfect music for our ceremony with impeccable timing. Also, we loved his DJ setup for the wedding, so classy and we loved the lighting! The music through dinner services was great and he provided timely and clear announcements and instructions for our guests. Also, as the night went on, we loved how he ramped up the music for our crowd and everyone loved every song you played. Transitions were seamless and he kept our guests dancing and having fun all night long! Everything was perfect and we truly couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Also, Joey went above and beyond to take some photos throughout our ceremony and reception. Even though we had a photographer, it was wonderful to see so many details captured right away. These photos are so special and priceless!! These are memories that we will cherish forever!! Thank you Joey!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Amanda & Craig! Thanks for the 5 star review and are just blown away by such sweet words -- thank you, thank you, thank you! Experiences and reviews like yours are exactly why we do what we do. It delights us endlessly to hear we made such a positive impact on your special day, and we are grateful for the opportunity. We wish both of you the best in your new marriage -- you two deserve it! - Joey

Debra Mulcahy · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing to work with

Our experience with Joey at Special Day was amazing. He was flexible and made sure our guest had a great time. My husband and I were laidback in the process of choosing the music so we asked Joey to decide what to play based on what is normally popular at other weddings. He did not disappoint, everybody had a great time and multiple guest commented on how great the variety of music was. If you’re looking for a GREAT DJ then you found what you were searching for. Our wedding day was perfect and Joey was a huge part of that.

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Maria

Maria Tyo · Married on 10/06/2019

Awesome service and quick response

Very professional and helpful in picking out music and timeline, responded quickly when i had questions, i had an awesome experience and my wedding was very memorable, joey is an awesome dj😍, he also went above and beyond by taking some beautiful pictures😁

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Dawn

Taylor · Married on 06/29/2019

Miracle worker

Joe performed a miracle! He got my super introverted daughter and her new husband out on the dance floor where they stayed all night. He had all of our guests young and old singing along and having a great time. I've gotten great feedback from family and friends about the great mix of music. If you need a DJ for your event look no further!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review Dawn, It turned out to be a rockin night! I had a great time as well.
    Joey
  • Alexis & Kyle

Kyle · Married on 06/15/2019

Dancing the night away

What a fabulous job this man did. He went over my requested/must play list to make sure we were on the same page and discussed if I had any "do not play" songs. I would highly recommend this DJ for any special event!

Sent on 07/15/2019

Alis · Married on 05/18/2019

Alis Schrock

Joey did an amazing job as our DJ! Very professional and made the night so much fun and gave lots of energy!

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Suellen

Suellen · Married on 05/05/2019

Absolutely amazing dj!

Wow! DJ Joey was SOOO amazing! He provided us with a timeline sheet to fill out prior to the wedding, ideas of what to include in the timeline, and an example timeline. He also helped me pick out some good songs for certain things throughout the reception as well as fun wedding games to play. He called me about a week prior to the wedding to go over the entire timeline, put me at ease, and practiced saying all the names to announce during the reception entrance. He MCd the entire reception extremely well where everything went extremely smoothly. He did not miss a single beat. Additionally, he also provided the music for my ceremony, and it was beautiful. He knew exactly when to start and fade the music perfectly. I am seriously in awe at how perfectly and smoothly my entire wedding went from beginning to end! It was all thanks to Joey and my day of coordinator. He is so professional, and made sure to keep me updated on the next thing that was about to happen before announcing it to everyone else. He kept my party going the ENTIRE time! Everyone had so much energy and was saddened when the party had to come to an end because we were all having so much fun! I recommend him so so so much to everyone for any event! His prices are the most reasonable as well. Lastly, he took pictures throughout the wedding as well that were really neat to see almost immediately after the wedding as we wait for the photographer's photos. Thank you, Joey, for your amazing work! My fiancé Michael and I are so happy with your efforts.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Special Day Entertainment 8
    Special Day Entertainment 9
    Special Day Entertainment 10
    Special Day Entertainment 11

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the outstanding review! We work hard for your wedding because I understand how important your special day is to you. Knowing that a wedding is suppose to be a once in a lifetime occasion, I will go as far as it takes to make sure you will have the best day EVER! Thank again.
  • Erika

Erika · Married on 04/29/2019

Best choice by far!

DJ Joey was great to work with! He made planning the music stress free. I love that he was able to share suggestions when we were stuck on which song to use. He did wonderful on the ceremony music and kept the party going during the reception! He even took some photos for us. I like that he kept the timeline going and reminded us what was next so we didn't have to keep track and could just enjoy everything. Joey was fun, energetic and read the crowd like the pro he is! So glad we chose him!

Sent on 05/05/2019

Megan · Married on 04/06/2019

Special Day entertainment made our day so special!

Special Day entertainment was awesome. DJ Joey was very easy to communicate with, tell him what you want and he makes it happen! Everything was perfect and very well organized he puts much thought into the work that he does. Our wedding was so much more special and we have still have some guests tell us that it was the most fun wedding they’ve ever been to. Thanks Special Day Entertainment

Sent on 04/22/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Great review Megan, Such a wonderful wedding was such a blast, Great video, food and friends. The sunset pictures were awesome. Thanks for letting me be part of it!
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 02/23/2019

Dj joey was awesome!

We absolutely loved DJ Joey from the very beginning! He called us about a week in advance and went over every detail with us and made really helpful suggestions. He stuck to the genres we liked as well as our 'do not play' list. Everyone at the wedding we spoke with said how good the DJ was, and he fulfilled all of our expectations. I would highly recommend DJ Joey to others!!
    An added bonus was that he took pictures on his own a sent them to us, which actually was a huge blessing because our photographer was hired up until the dancing began. So we still got some pictures of the dancing, thanks to the DJ!

Sent on 02/28/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jamie, reviews like yours means so much to us. We will go as far as it takes to make sure that you and your husband are the most satisfied on your most special day. Thanks again for letting us be part of your wedding!
  • Ellen

Ellen Weatherford · Married on 02/15/2019

Joey DeSena made it HAPPEN!

Joey went above and beyond to make our wedding ceremony and reception unique to us and fun for guests. We received so many compliments! He accommodated ALL of our less-than-mainstream musical requests while also including selections that suited our tastes AND the theme of the event perfectly. The energy was consistent and spirited, last-minute requests were handled flawlessly and we were so thrilled with the experience he gave us. He also provided lighting and sound equipment in coordination with our venue that made the day effortless for us. For such a reasonable price you can't go wrong. Thank you Joey!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Ellen & Christian, I'm so glad to know that you had a great time and enjoyed your day so much. What a great wedding! Thank you so much taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I can't tell you how much it means to us. You made my day!

Jessica · Married on 01/27/2019

Small wedding, big night

We had a small wedding, only about 45 guests but Joey made sure our day was everything we wanted it to be. He was always responsive to emails and understanding of any changes we made. He made sure to move at a pace we wanted while still getting everything done that we wanted at our reception. I would recommend Joey to anyone looking for an affordable dj that will go above and beyond for your big day.

Sent on 02/01/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Jess & Danny! Great review, what a great personal touch planning your wedding the way you did! Not the same cliche, so much fun, thanks for letting us be part of your day!
  • Jamie

Jamie Coleman · Married on 01/26/2019

The best DJ around!

DJ Joey D was the BEST! We are so so happy he was there for our wedding day! His services are unmatched. Immediately upon booking he called to confirm with us, he was very flexible when we had to change towns for our wedding and he was always so responsive! He made picking special songs super easy, provided a rough timeline to help us out, and called the week of the wedding to make sure everything was absolutely perfect. He was able to mash-up two songs for the father/daughter dance so I was able to surprise my dad with his favorite song and Joey was totally willing to help out! He really paid attention to the crowd and played songs that kept them on the dance floor all night. He even provided glow sticks, uplighting, and a custom floor monogram in our package, all were a hit with our crowd! Something we will definitely treasure are all of the photos he took for us! After the wedding he sent us an email with photos he had taken from our ceremony and all throughout the night, that was so special and totally unexpected! Definitely pictures we will cherish forever! We are so happy he was a part of our day!!!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Jamie, reviews like yours means so much to us. We strive to make weddings such as yours a huge success! We will go as far as it takes to make sure you and your guest have the best time possible. I had a great time and it will be one that i will remember!

Alyson · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing service!

DJ Joey was amazing! From our first communication all the way through the wedding reception he exceeded our expectations! Our reception was perfect because of him!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Alyson, Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I felt honored to celebrate with you and your family and friends. Wishing you lots of love and happiness. Joey

L Walker · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing service!

DJ Joey was Outstanding! He was very responsive to all emails, was very organized and made sure he understood exactly what we wanted for our daughter's wedding! He arrived plenty early to make sure everything was set up perfectly and stayed well after the event to break down. He kept the dance floor full all night long and everyone had a Great Time! All this at a very affordable price! I would give him 100 stars if I could!!! Thank you DJ Joey!!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for the kind words! We felt so honored to celebrate with you, and we truly had such a blast! Wishing you lots of love and happiness. Joey

Mindi · Married on 10/20/2018

Professional and flexible

DJ Joey was amazing for our ceremony and reception! He provided us with an example timeline that made it easy to fill out as well as being flexible to playing our many different song choices! He was available always for any questions we had! His professionalism and expertise in his line of work helped our event run smoothly, especially since we didn’t have a wedding coordinator!! Thank you so much DJ Joey for also inserting my recording at the last minute and making sure our night was exactly how we wanted it!!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mindi for the wonderful review. Your wedding day turned out spectacular! Right from the ceremony to the reception. The dancing and the interaction couldn't have been better. I wish you and Alex the very best and thank you for letting me be part of your special day!
  • Y

Yaima · Married on 09/01/2018

Thank you Joey for being so professional and excellent for our event! From our initial conversation to the day of the event I felt at ease dealing with Joey, he really listened to all of our requests and accommodated them. He pays attention to detail, responds promptly always, and was the perfect DJ for our event.
    Thank You!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ Joey was fantastic to work with every step of the way. He contacted us several times along the way to see how we were doing and if we had changed our mind about anything. He set up a music booth at the ceremony (outside) and one inside the venue for reception. All music transitions and pronunciations of names were perfect. He did review with us a week prior to verify every final detail. All of our guests never stopped dancing the entire night and complimented our decision of having him celebrate the occasion. We also got great pictures from him shortly after the wedding as an unexpected bonus!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so very much Kaitlin & Blake for letting us be part of such a special day..We had had an amazing time along with your great guest ....Congratulations from the entire Staff of Special Day Entertainment
  • Mrs. Haug

Ashleigh · Married on 06/30/2018

Joey from Special Day Entertainment was AMAZING to work with. He was so flexible and responsive and a true professional. The guests did nothing but compliment him and he kept everyone dancing all night. He even sent pictures of the night we may have not gotten otherwise. Fantastic work.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, It was an honor to be part of your special day! Thanks again!

nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

Our whole experience was excellent. I honestly have no complaints and recommend highly Special Day Entertainment for anyone having an event.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Nicole & Peter, It was such a beautiful wedding and a great time. Glad to be a part of your special day!

Sheila · Married on 05/12/2018

Our wedding was at The White Room. Joey was awesome. I could not have asked for a better DJ. His personality was super!! The music was great. Loved the purple up lighting. Joey did a bang up job. I will definitely recommend him to my friends.

Sent on 04/25/2018

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! It was such a magical night. I see that you and Chris are blessed. Take care Sheila!
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 05/05/2018

DJ Joey did amazing! He was so helpful throughout the planning process—he responded back to any question within a few hours and shared so much guidance. His set up was first class and his music had our dance floor packed the entire night! He was prompt, knowledgeable, and friendly. We highly recommend him for your wedding—you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/27/2018
    Special Day Entertainment 12

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for wonderful review Stefanie, your wedding was so much fun throughout the evening and it was our pleasure to be a part of. Congratulations again!

jenielle · Married on 04/28/2018

fantastic experience with DJ Joey! he was very organized & detailed, had a professional set up, was extremely flexible and easy going, everyone was up and dancing and having a great time! Also very cost efficient and not just a DJ that played music, he was a "wedding DJ" that used a microphone when needed too to keep wedding activities going smoothly. He went even more above and beyond by sending us some fantastic photos he took!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Connie · Married on 04/07/2018

SOOO HAPPY that we found Joey and Special Day Entertainment! Joey made our daughter's wedding day ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. Joey made the ceremony and reception absolutely perfect - everything was so smooth. The music was incredible - people were up and dancing immediately and had such a great time! Joey's equipment and set up looked very high tech and professional. He created a lighted monogram for the dance floor that just looked so fabulous!!! Joey always responded immediately to any questions I had. He even took the time to create a mix for our daughter's special father/daughter dance. The night couldn't have gone any better, thanks to Special Day and Joey. I have to say one more thing -- Joey recognized the service men and women that were our guests that night and that touched me in such a big way! He was just FANTASTIC and I will always call upon his company when I need DJ services. It just doesn't get any better than Special Day. Thank you so much, Joey!!

Sent on 04/10/2018
    Special Day Entertainment 13
    Special Day Entertainment 14
    Special Day Entertainment 15

Special Day Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Connie for the great review! What a picture perfect night. Everything went fabulous and everyone had such a fun time. I wish many years of good luck to the bride and groom!

Christina · Married on 03/07/2018

Exceptional DJ

Special day entertainment did an excellent job on our wedding. Not only was he punctual and professional, but kind as well. There were no notable hiccups in our day with Joey, and his set up (which he had many to choose from) fit perfectly with our decor. We would absolutely use this company again in the future if needed and recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 12/24/2018