Spare Hands Reviews

46 Reviews for Spare Hands

1 User photo

Ashley Olson · Getting married on 02/03/2021

THE Best team!

We had THE best night of our lives! I am still swooning. We couldn't have had a better group send us off into marriage. Jennifer and her team were such a sweet blessing! We cannot thank them enough for making our day so magical and smooth! They were attentive and kind to us and our guests. They were sure to bring us appetizers while we were taking photos and had drinks and dinner brought to us so we could maximize our time celebrating with our guests. We are so grateful and HIGHLY reccomend them! We are looking for another excuse to throw a party so we can work with Jennifer and her team again!

Sent on 03/24/2020

Raquel Norris · Married on 10/12/2019

Rehearsal Dinner-70 guests

We hosted a rehearsal dinner for our son and his to be wife for about 70 guests. I would use Spare Hands over and over again! They provide such professionalism. We were able to enjoy the party without any worry. Timeline of servers, from arrival through cleanup was exactly as promised.
    THANK YOU AGAIN!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Spare Hands's reply:

thank you so much Raquel!! we loved being your Spare Hands! We can't wait to help you again anytime!!
  • Richard

Richard Miller · Married on 06/29/2019

Retirement Party

Spare Hands was recommended by our caterer and I’m glad I took her advice. Jennifer gave us a good proposal that we agreed immediately. Our party was a huge success as her team; Jacqueline, Ronnie, and Kim, did an excellent in keeping our 130 guests feeling special. They cleaned up and left our home as clean as before. I highly recommend Spare Hands.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Chris · Married on 05/05/2018

Our venue was BYOB and catering, which was great but also meant we needed staffing. Jennifer and her team couldn't have been more helpful every step of the way. All she needed was a general outline for the day and the guest count, and she handled the rest. She never tried to upsell us on extra labor, and everyone on her staff created the perfect evening. Drinks were served promptly, guests were cleaned up after without issue, and perhaps the best compliment I can give is that I barely even recognized them all night because they just took care of everything without interfering at all.

The pricing was way more reasonable than similar services we searched for. Jennifer herself was amazing at communicating every step of the way. If you need staffing and bartending services, definitely choose them!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Spare Hands's reply:

THANKS! Chris and Cat -- We had a ball, Such a GORGEOUS vision - Thanks for giving us a beautiful space to work in for the day! Cheers until next time

Carly · Married on 04/29/2018

I am obsessed with Jennifer as a professional. She really was an amazing pleasure to work with and offered so much extra information that I was unaware of. She was really friendly, thoughtful, kind, and upbeat. She made planning my wedding and letting go easy. She had 4 staff members handle my wedding and they were on top of everything. They really were helpful. Everyone truly went above and beyond!
    I would use Spare Hands again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Bridget · Married on 11/21/2017

The server and bartender sent by Spare Hands were very professional, courteous and took initiative to clean up without me having to direct them! Well worth the money so that we could enjoy our event - I would definitely recommend them and will use them again!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Thanks so much Bridget -- we so appreciate your kind words! Happy Holidays!
    Cheers until next time -- Jennifer

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

Jennifer is an absolute Angel! She was the hub keeping everything in order. She’s thorough, and very attentive. If you want an amazing coordinator for you’re wedding go with Jennifer. I’m above and beyond grateful for her services.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Honestly -- I couldn't of asked for a sweeter day. I loved being with your and your girls in the beginning of the day and then helping to keep your wedding train moving steadily was absolutely my pleasure. Cheers until next time xoxo

Mary · Married on 10/07/2017

Kim and Bill went above our expectations to make our party a success. We gave them very few instructions and they took amazing initiative and ran with the ball! Whenever they had a question they checked in, but we basically were privileged to enjoy our party as pampered guests instead of tired hosts. They even packaged up all our leftovers as doggy bags for our guests! I give Helping Hands the highest possible recommendation in every area.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Jordan · Married on 10/01/2017

Spare Hands is the Absolute best! Jennifer was my Day of Coordinator for my wedding this past weekend, but she went above and beyond before and after the wedding. She was polite, professional, and took all the stress off of my husband and I. She even left us a surprise in our room of petals upon our return from the reception. I couldn't have enjoyed the night without all her help!!! 5 Stars highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Thanks so much Jordan, I loved being your "Go-to-Gal"
    you and your family are gems! -- cheers and Happy Thanksgiving

Lind · Married on 09/30/2017

Spare Hands was the best vendor I chose for my wedding! Jennifer and her team are angles! Before my event Jennifer helped me decide what to buy, how to set the table & chairs, and helped me correspond with the venue manager to make sure she had all her bases covered before the big day. I don't think I could have done it without her! My wedding went perfectly and I know a big part of that was due to Jennifer and her squad!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Spare Hands's reply:

THANKS so much! I am thrilled you saw the value in our services, and honestly this says you saw how much we love to help folks get down the Aisle and Say I DO! -- blessing to you and J -- xoxox

leah · Married on 09/16/2017

Absolutely loved working with Jennifer and Spare Hands for our wedding in Newport beach in September. She was very easy to work with, loved all the people she hired and overall it was a smooth and easy experience. Planning is not my strong suit nor details, so I was very happy to feel I could relax and that I was in great hands. Jennifer made everything happen flawlessly on the day of and I highly recommend her. Leah

Sent on 11/16/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Cheers Leah and John, and you did a fantastic job planning, We loved helping your vision come to life. xoxox

David · Married on 08/26/2017

We used Sparehands to help at a milestone Birthday party at our home. Jennifer, the owner is delightful. She is very personable and helpful. She does not push more staff than you need. Prices are reasonable.
    Jana and Karyn did a great job helping us be guests at our own party (Sparehand's motto). They came dressed in black with embroidered name Sparehands which was a nice touch. They arrived early, were super calm and knowledgeable, anticipating what might be needed and helping out in every way they could. They took coats, purses and gifts and put them away for us, they made sure plates and glasses were picked up, trash was emptied, guests had what they needed, food kept looking fresh and good. They packed up the food afterwards for us and even mopped up the floors. OMG, what more could you ask for? We will definitely be using Sparehands at our next party. Don't hesitate in using this company. They are very reliable, super helpful and well worth the money. Thank you Jennifer, Karyn and Jana!!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

my cup runeth over! thank you so much for the glowing review! cheers until next time!

Jasmine · Married on 08/18/2017

We used Spare hands back in August. Omg Jennifer is amazing and her team is so great. I can’t remember the ladies name that was part of the first staff we had but literally if I wasn’t holding a drink she was bringing me on. If I was taking photos she was right next to me hold a drink for me. They did a great job and everyone at the wedding loves the staff! For sure passing their business on to everyone, strangers even when I hear they are planning a wedding or any event!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

my sweet friend -- thank you so much for the glowing review. It was our absolute honor to be a part of your big day! --pppssssst we do baby showers too ;-)

Katie · Married on 07/15/2017

Spare Hands was one of the greatest picks for my wedding. The staff was excellent and went above and beyond expectations. Jennifer spent quite a bit of time prepping what the staff would be doing in order to be prepared- and the staff arrived and did so much more! I'm so happy I picked Spare Hands!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Katie, We are so glad we could help! Happy to bring your wedding vision to life! Cheers until next time!

Kathy · Married on 06/24/2017

Make sure to contact any of her VIP clients, which by the way she has MANY, and ask questions! Repeat clients tell you just how great Spare Hands is!
    I've been exponentially happy working with Jennifer and would refer her in an instant, which I do often. She's the whole package and has oodles of contacts for every single part of your event! And she works with ONLY THE BEST in the industry!
    You won't be disappointed.
    After all, it's YOUR SPECIAL DAY........ get the best of the best to make sure YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
    Love you Jennifer :-)

Sent on 05/31/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

THANK YOU Kathy! we love having you!

Randa · Married on 06/24/2017

Jennifer and her Spare Hands Team helped us to throw an Epic Party at our home for our daughter and her new husband. The team arrived and immediately got to work making everything perfect for our party. As our guest arrived, Jennifer and her team saw to their every need and made sure that the whole evening was perfect from start to finish. And as the party was winding down, they cleaned up everything so beautifully and even stacked our rental chairs and moved tables.
    Jennifer was so great before, during, and after our event. She has so many creative ideas, is a fabulous coordinator and was so supportive and encouraging of our unique needs for this party. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend Spare Hands for all of your part needs!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

please lets throw a party there every weekend! such a fun space to entertain. CHEERS to Erin and Jesse! We loved being your SPARE HANDS!

Hollie · Married on 06/18/2017

Absolutely loved every aspect of working with Spare Hands! Jennifer runs this business with such detail and care, just what you'd want when planning a wedding. She made sure everything was perfect for my wedding! Would recommend this company to anyone!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Hollie --- thank you so much for your kind words -- we LOVED getting you and hubby to your "I Do's" and to your Happily ever After! --Good luck in Colorado!

erica · Married on 05/13/2017

To the couple: After all of the time, hard work, and resources you have put into your event, ensure that you will be able to enjoy it as well by hiring Spare Hands to take care of the background work for you. Your event will be both memorable and enjoyable!

Sent on 05/28/2017

THANKS Erica! xoxox

Lori · Married on 05/12/2017

Spare Hands is such an amazing service!!!!! I don't know where they've been my whole life! I will never throw another party without them!! Stacey was my "Spare Hands" at my husband's 50th birthday party and she was incredible! Made sure the food was out, trash was picked up, even went on an ice run for me when we ran out. We hosted this party at a location away from and she even helped pack everything up at the end of the night and clean up. I was actually able to enjoy myself and focus on playing hostess!! Compelelty affordable pricing and worth every cent!!! Thank you Spare Hands!!!!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

So thrilled to read your review. We aim to please and love it when we exceed your expectations! can't wait to help you celebrate all that life has to offer!

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2017

Not only do I work for this company but I've been a customer and they are truly the best. As an employee we absolutely love doing whatever we can to make host and hostesses events the best they can be and with as little stress as possible. It's a pleasure to make so many special events run smoothly. As a customer it gave me peace of mind knowing that there was someone there to help me remember all the little things and take care of them for me. The best part was waking up the next morning after my event (that ended at 2am) and there was no trash to clean up or take to the cans, bar was put away and left over food was packed up and in the refrigerator. My husband and I decided right then we will never throw an event again without Spare Hands.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Jen we loved helping you and Rob host a FAB Halloween/Birthday bash! and having you on my team is priceless!

Megan · Married on 04/15/2017

I would encourage any and everyone to use this service when having a party large or small. The staff is always attentive and takes the initiative and allows hosts to attend their own party. Coordinating with Jennifer was a breeze and made the day of so enjoyable. Would highly recommend to everyone I know.

Sent on 05/31/2017

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2017

I don't know what i would have done without Spare Hands on our wedding day. Jennifer Biting is professional, knowledgeable with regards to your needs, fair, and a pleasure to work with. She knows exactly how to stagger her people to keep costs down, and service at a high standard. The people she has working with need very little guidance once given the info they need. Make sure you have your equipment and/or decor organized to help them better help you.
    They have a great eye in what is needed. I was able to have a relaxed wedding day with Spare Hands at the helm! They only needed to ask a very few questions to make sure our vision of our wedding was in line with their thinking. They were courteous, kind, and on top of all of our needs. My glass was never empty, dishes were off the table and cleaned quickly and efficiently, and we were so in love with our bartender, she is now a friend of ours. Wonderful service and lovely people . Can't say enough good things about Spare Hands:)))

Sent on 08/06/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

OH KELLY! this is music to my ears! I am so glad we exceeded your expectations and that you and Marc had such a great day! We look forward to the the next time you have a reason to celebrate with friends and need our Spare Hands! Cheers until next time!

Julie · Married on 04/08/2017

Jennifer and her staff are amazing! We had three events in one weekend with them (all at our home) and they made it so that we (the hosts) could truly relax and enjoy ourselves. My husband and I have decided that anytime we have a dinner party or party at our house in the future we are calling Jennifer. It was a game-changer for us to have someone else take care of all the details so that we could have fun. Jennifer and her team were highly skilled, reliable, easy to be with, and very professional. I can't recommend them more.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

THANKS Julie, and what a great weekend it was! thank you so much for including us. we hope life gives you lots more reasons to celebrate and you can bet we will be there to help!

Bonnie · Married on 04/01/2017

Jennifer was fabulous! She handled everything in my kitchen; plated the food, served the food, and did the dishes for a dinner party of 12! All by herself. She was delightful in every possible way and I can't thank her enough for being the Spare Hands I needed to enjoy my own dinner party. Jennifer has made me eager to entertain again. She is priced so reasonably that we wanted to give her an extra tip. Thank you!!!

Sent on 04/19/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

Bonnie, THANK YOU SO MUCH for giving me such a gorgeous "office" for the evening. great friends and laughter is the best background noise to work in. and you 12 were the tops. May this be the beginning of lots more parties for you!

Lorna · Married on 03/18/2017

Whether you are looking for help for a wedding, party or any event look no more. Spare Hands are the people you should use. They are worth EVERY PENNY you spend with them. If you use them you do not have to worry about ANYTHING they have you covered 100%. The are efficient, responsive, professional, and will always remember what you forget. What more can I say except BOOK THEM!

Sent on 03/19/2017

Spare Hands's reply:

it was our honor to help! Cheers and Thank YOU so much for your kind words!