Spanish Oaks Ranch Reviews

35 Reviews for Spanish Oaks Ranch

• Natalie

Natalie Schulgen 路 Married on 09/05/2020

Above and Beyond

The moment we met Jamie and toward the property we knew this was the venue from us! Everything about it is gorgeous and what we were looking for in a venue!! Without a doubt, the best venue on the central coast. From customer service down to how the beauty of the property. Nothing will beat this place. Planning a wedding can be stressful, let alone in 2020. Jamie was extremely helpful through the entire process and answered the million questions I have. Her and her husband also own SLO party rentals and were extremely accommodating. Having the option to stay on property was huge for us, and it worked out so well. We did the dress rehearsal dinner on site and it made for such an awesome weekend. Thank you Jamie and Tom for being so gracious and allowing us to have our dream wedding through the craziness of everything.

Sent on 10/15/2020

Spanish Oaks Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much Natalie!! Your wedding was amazing and you and your wonderful family & friends were awesome!! So glad it all turned out so great!! Thank you all again!
    Best wishes always!!
    Love ya Jamie

Kelsea 路 Married on 08/24/2019

Gonnion Wedding 2019

We had our absolute DREAM wedding at Spanish Oaks Ranch this August. The weather was perfect and we had the most beautiful view under the oak tree looking over their beautiful pond. They are so accommodating and Jamie was always there to answer any questions that I had in regards to the venue. This venue is amazing but truly the venue owners made it perfect. They are great people. They genuinely care about your special day and they want it to be perfect just as much as you do. We wish we could relive that day over and over. Thank you to the Jespersen family for making our wedding the best day of our lives!!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Kim

Kim Tran 路 Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Venue

Spanish Oaks Ranch is a beautiful venue. Danielle and Jaimie were amazing to work with and made clear what the timeline to get tasks done was. The venue was amazing. Much bigger than initially thought with a lake in the background. Overall, the venue was perfect for us and completed our wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Spanish Oaks Ranch's reply:

Thank you for the kind words!!
    We appreciate it!!
    Your wedding was gorgeous!! Thank you for having your special day at our ranch!!
    Best
    Always!!
    Jamie

Laurel 路 Married on 03/23/2019

Magical Moments at Spanish Oaks

A dream wedding at a dream location! Spanish Oaks was the most amazing backdrop for our wedding day. Jamie Jespersen and Dani were so wonderful to work with! They were there every step of the way and helped give us advice based on their experience hosting many weddings and events. My husband and I said our vows under the large trees atop the hill overlooking the pond. The sun was shining through, and it made for such a magical moment. After the ceremony, the beautiful pond, the rolling hills of the land, and the elegant front of the building provided such lovely environments to capture photos and video that we will cherish a lifetime. We chose to have our reception outside, and boy are we glad! The Spanish Oaks team was able to help us with getting enough heaters to feel comfortable, since the weather in March can be unpredictable. The bistro lights created the perfect lighting for the guests on the dance floor. I could go on and on about how amazing the venue is and how wonderful the Jespersen family are! If you are thinking of getting married on the Central Coast, choose Spanish Oaks!

Sent on 07/13/2020

Spanish Oaks Ranch's reply:

Thank you SO much for the beautiful , kind words!! We love you guys !! 馃挏馃挏 it was a gorgeous wedding!! So glad you chose Spanish oaks ranch for your big day!!

Taylor 路 Married on 06/16/2018

Spanish Oaks was the perfect place for our rustic, outdoor June wedding! We toured many properties/venues for our big day and nothing could compare to the gorgeous fully finished barn, beautiful oak tree you get married under, bride & groom getting ready suites, and pond. Jamie was always available and able to answer all of questions. She was more than accommodating to us the whole weekend especially as hiccups came up she helped smooth them out immediately. The venue was very important to us as it was the backdrop for all those photos and videos captured. There was plenty of space that allowed us to use different areas for our ceremony to move into cocktail hour then into our seated dinner. During cocktail hour our photographer was able to take us to the pasture for photos with Jamie鈥檚 horses for amazing photos. We were able to bring all our own hard alcohol as well as coordinate with any vendors of our choosing. Tables and chairs were included as well as heaters with the pricing of the venue. We also rented the onsite 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house for our bridal party, which I would highly recommend. You can鈥檛 beat the price compared to hotel rooms. It was a huge hit amongst our friends and it allowed us to have our rehearsal dinner catered there Friday night. Overall, it is a mid range for price, but it doesn鈥檛 compare with anywhere else. I can鈥檛 recommend it enough!

Sent on 07/02/2018

Kate 路 Married on 05/12/2018

Spanish Oaks Ranch is a hidden gem in San Luis Obispo! Jamie is wonderful, she made everything for planning our wedding and finding a venue easy. From renting additional items to setting up everything for us, it was all a breeze. The cost of a wedding is a lot and the value of Spanish Oaks Ranch is extraordinary. We looked at several other locations that cost more and did not offer as much as Spanish Oaks Ranch and were not as beautiful. Jamie is always available to answer questions and help when she can. The venue is stunning and all my guest raved about how beautiful it is out there. We were lucky to be able to have a very magical day at Spanish Oaks Ranch and create such amazing memories that will last a life time.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Spanish Oaks Ranch's reply:

Thank you Kate!! We do appreciate that you chose Spanish Oaks Ranch for your special day!! You were stunning!! Loved that we were a part of a wonderful day!!
    The pics are AMAZING!!
    Best always;)
  • Rachel

Rachel 路 Married on 04/28/2018

I really can't put into words how amazing Spanish Oaks Ranch was for our dream wedding in April. From Jamie and her quick responses to my emails, answering all my questions, to the included amenities (tables, chairs, heaters, getting ready suites etc), to to the absolute beauty of the venue-we couldn't have picked a better location. My in-laws opted to rent the guest house adjacent to the barn to house out-of-town family and we had the rehearsal dinner there as well. Jamie also owns SLO Party Rentals and knows pretty much everyone in the business, which made it seamless to work with our vendors as they all already knew her. We've received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was. Thank you Jamie and Spanish Oaks Ranch!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Jennifer 路 Married on 03/24/2018

Spanish Oaks was a great venue! Jamie is really helpful and accommodating, and makes sure everything is done smoothly. The property is gorgeous, and the bridal suite upstairs makes the getting ready process smooth! Definitely a great place to tie the knot!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Aimee 路 Married on 05/14/2016

Could not have asked for a more perfect venue and day! This place gave us the gorgeous barn with a beautiful natural outdoor feel. We hired Jamie(manages the venue) as our Day Of Coordinator and could not have been more pleased with her as well. She was so on top of everything during(and before) our big day, that we didn't have a care in the world and could truly enjoy our wonderful day!

Sent on 06/10/2016

bianca 路 Married on 11/07/2015

Spanish oaks ranch is perfect, and the ranch is absolutely beautiful. We could not have chosen a better location for our special day, there was plenty of room for our guests to mingle, dance and have a great time. We hired Jamie for our day of coordinating, and our day went off without a hitch. Jamie and Dani are awesome!

Sent on 12/07/2015
  • User4391838 路 2+ years ago

Jamie at Spanish Oaks Ranch was absolutely amazing!! My husband and I fell in love with this ranch and loved getting married there, it is perfect! Because of the drought, we didn't get any water in the pond on our wedding day, but there was water during our engagement shoot out there which was wonderful! There is a bride AND groom's suite to get ready in which was really important to me. I think the groom should have a space too, and these rooms are incredible! I had 7 bridesmaids, 3 mothers, 2 grandparents, 2 hairstylists, 3 flower girls and mothers of my flower girls coming in and out of the room and we never felt crammed. The barn is spectacular too! We looked at 30+ venues before we chose this place and we knew right away it was perfect!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Kayla 路 Married on 06/13/2015

We were so happy with our wedding at the Spanish Oaks Ranch! Jamie was very accessible and happy to answer all of our questions throughout the planning process and also gave us a discount on rentals! The venue is beautiful and was exactly what we were looking for - the perfect combination of country and elegance! Our guests were so impressed with the venue. Thank you!

Sent on 07/11/2015
  • User5137983 路 2+ years ago

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding at Spanish Oaks Ranch. For starters, Jamie was a dream to work with! She is kind and incredibly accommodating. I think she responded to every one of my emails within fifteen minutes. In addition, you are able to get a lot more for your money at Spanish Oaks Ranch than many of the other venues in the area. Jamie owns a rental company and provides a discount on all rentals. Also, we were able to bring in all of our own alcohol and partner with any vendors of our choosing. This flexibility allowed us to create the wedding of our dreams and spend far less than we would at another venue. Also, Spanish Oaks Ranch is beautiful! It is nestled in the beautiful rolling hills of Santa Margarita. During sunset our photographer drove us out to a far pasture to take sunset photos. The pictures are insane!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Liz 路 Married on 05/02/2015

My whole experience was AMAZING! Jaime (the venue coordinator) was excellent, professional, responsive, flexible and a total life saver. The venue was absolutely stunning and I would recommend this place to ANYONE!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Jamie 路 Married on 03/28/2015

Spanish Oaks is a beautiful venue! Because we got married at the beginning of Spring instead of the end of the summer, the pond was full! Everything was awesome. The owners are very helpful and accommodating. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/05/2015

Karen 路 Married on 12/20/2014

I cannot comment enough about how much we loved Spanish Oaks and Jamie! My husband and I planned our wedding from overseas and Jamie worked so hard with us at getting everything together. We booked the venue simply from seeing its website but seeing it in person makes it stand out even more! Pictures do not do it justice! We were worried about rain on the day of the wedding but Spanish Oaks contingency plan was great. My husband and I got married in December so weather was a concern but Jamie did everything she could to help us make sure we would have the best day no matter the weather. We loved the beautiful oak tree outside for the ceremony which is why we choose this venue in the first place but we were blown away by the hospitality from start to finish. Our bridal party also stayed in a rental house on site that had plenty of space (we slept 15 people there for two nights) and was a great additional space to get ready and store wedding decorations. This was an all inclusive site(from tables to linens to chairs to bride/groom suites to get ready) plus plenty of time the day before the wedding to set up and they offered tear down service for an additional fee. Overall, we HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 01/09/2015
  • jaclyn

jaclyn 路 Married on 11/08/2014

Oh my gosh! Spanish Oaks Ranch is the MOST beautiful wedding venue ever. We were so fortunate to be able to celebrate our special day there. All the trees were lit up, the fountain was beautiful, the decor inside is gorgeous, and the patio is perfect for dancing! We had our ceremony on the hill under a huge tree, our social hour (hors d'oeuvres and lawn games) on the patio, had our dinner and first dance inside the building, and then went back outside for dancing. Our guests could not stop talking about the venue. Jamie was a joy to work with- she would text, email, or call me back within minutes, no matter what time I contacted her. It was so wonderful knowing that she was so responsive. It was perfectly priced compared to the places nearby, and was the perfect size for our group of 130. I can't recommend it highly enough!

Sent on 12/06/2014

Lisa 路 Married on 05/17/2014

Spanish Oaks Ranch was the ideal venue for our elegant, vintage wedding. Jamie (owner and my coordinator) was a pleasure to work with and from the beginning was super responsive and just so incredibly helpful. The venue is gorgeous, and we made a point to utilize the entire property for our reception. Our guest traveled from all over the country to be at our wedding, and they all left feeling as though they spent the evening in one of the most beautiful settings in the Central Coast. We had a semi-destination wedding and planned our Central Coast event from the Bay Area. Jamie had no problem keeping in constant contact and making sure that I was feeling comfortable with the event planning process even though I was far away. When I dropped off all of the details that I had collected and put together for the wedding I was nervous that my vision may not be executed how I had envisioned, but Jamie made sure everything looked incredible and it actually turned out better than I could've imagined. My husband and I thank Jamie and her team at Spanish Oaks for helping us put on a wedding of our dreams. I recommend Spanish Oaks to any bride -- local or destination.

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • User4070004 路 2+ years ago

What a fantastic venue....our guests were just in awe of the location. Jamie, the event/venue coordinator, was the best! She was extremely attentive, knowledgeable, and professional. We couldn't have done it without her! The rental house that we stayed in on the property was beautiful as well and oh so convenient. We are so happy that we chose this location for our daughter's wedding.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Denise 路 Married on 04/19/2014

We got married at Spanish Oaks Ranch April 2014. It was truly the most amazing venue ever!! Everything was so perfect and Jamie is the best and easiest to work with! She is so flexible and accommodating! This Venue is the most gorgeous venue on the central coast! My bridesmaids and I stayed in the house the night before and it made it so easy to get ready the next morning. Everything you need is all right there! Thank you Jamie and Spanish Oaks Ranch for helping make our dream wedding possible!

Sent on 10/10/2014

Jennifer 路 Married on 10/27/2013

Spanish Oaks Ranch is the perfect wedding venue! Jamie, the venue coordinator, was very responsive to all of my emails filled with lots of questions. She was very accommodating to let me visit the venue a couple of times with my vendors to make sure we had all of the details covered.

The venue is located on a sprawling property with gorgeous oak trees perfect for getting married under. The banquet hall is large enough for dinner or tables can be placed outside on the beautiful back patio and lawn. The venue also has a large bridal suite and grooms room perfect for getting ready.
    Tables and chairs are included in the rental price and Jamie contracts rentals at a very competitive price. We rented all of the glasses, dishes and serving ware from Jamie, she even has a bar you can rent!

This is a great venue for a DIY bride who is looking for freedom to not have to choose the vendors that a venue dictates. I was able to bring in all of my own vendors and had access to the venue Friday afternoon to get everything set up, although the venue is not available to hold the rehearsal dinner.

Many of my guests commented on how beautiful the venue was, it was the perfect place for a fall wedding. I couldn't have wished for a better to venue to get married at, everything was wonderful!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Sue 路 Married on 08/30/2013

What a wonderful place to have your wedding and reception! Everything about it was perfect! My daughter always wanted to get married under the old oak tree at her grandparents house, but since her grandparents passed away this was the perfect substitute! The grounds and the building are so beautiful and so clean and so many beautiful places for pictures to be taken! Jamie was just wonderful and always got back to me within a short time! Even when she was on vacation so would respond to me my email. This venue was everything our daughter had ever dreamed of and her and her new husbands wedding day was perfect. Jamie is so flexible and let our daughter have everything extra that she wanted. We are just so glad that we found Spanish Oaks Ranch and Jamie!!! We will forever be grateful!

Sent on 09/09/2013
  • User2466654 路 2+ years ago

Spanish Oaks Ranch is an amazing venue on the Central Coast for a larger size wedding. The grounds, patio, and indoor space are immaculate and well taken care of. Jamie, the owner and on-site coordinator, was so wonderful to work with. She's so easy going and flexible and now even offers a wide range of rentals that can help you save on rental costs. I did not have any communication or responsiveness issues like a previous bride complained of.

The venue is completely BYO so you are in charge of finding and arranging all your vendors from food to florist to rentals. For someone like me, this was perfect and really allowed me to plan my day with no restrictions. From talking with other brides this is can also be a huge cost savings! Jamie has tons of great suggestions on ways to use the venue and vendors that she has worked with in the past. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and I can't recommend Spanish Oaks Ranch enough. Our family and friends kept raving on how beautiful the venue was! Thank you Jamie!!

Sent on 07/06/2013
  • Brittany

Brittany 路 Married on 01/05/2013

We were lucky enough to have our wedding here recently and we were so happy with our choice! It is one of the most beautiful places I have seen on the central coast!

Jamie, who runs the venue, was so easy to work with! I think we went out there 5 or 6 times to take various family members/vendors out to see the place and she was always more than accommodating! She is so sweet and so flexible with whatever we wanted to do!

I would definitely recommend Spanish Oaks Ranch to anyone who wants a gorgeous country setting for their wedding!

Sent on 02/09/2013

jess 路 Married on 09/15/2012

Jamie was great to work with and her family's property is amazing! We had 175 people and hosted everyone outside in September and danced under the stars. It was a perfect. I wanted to get married closer to the pond but ended up opting for under the oak tree, I am so glad we did. The oak tree and mountains made for a great backdrop in all of the pictures. I loved that the facility offers amenities such as easily accessible restrooms, kitchen area with refrigerators, and bridal suite.

Sent on 07/16/2014