Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant Reviews

1 User photo

Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 1

Dana Terranova · Married on 12/16/2018

Russ is the best!

We got married at the Ritz Carlton Naples Beach resort. Russ Winn was the best officiant we could’ve asked for. We got so many compliments that our ceremony was the best part of our wedding. He made it short and simple, like we asked, but also added personal touches. He worked with me to cut out parts of certain readings to only include the parts we liked and made it so unique. So easy to work with, so easy to talk to, and took a lot of stress off our plates.

Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 2
  • Phil

Phil Heck · Married on 11/10/2018

Russ was perfect for us.

Russ is simply the best. He made our ceremony a special one & just seemed to say the perfect things that reflected us a couple. He is very professional, easy going, and is accommodating for what you're looking to get out of your ceremony. He was the perfect match for us & I am so happy we had the pleasure of working with him. Our wedding guests told me he was the best they've ever heard. Highly Recommended! A++

Sent on 01/08/2019

Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Phil, for a wonderful review. You both were very enjoyable to work with. May you have a many, many, many HAPPY and prosperous years together.

Jillian · Married on 05/24/2018

Rev. Winn was everything we could have asked for in an officiant and more. After our ceremony, so many guests raved about his personal, funny, and intimate ceremony. Our ceremony was delayed by an hour due to weather, and Russ was flexible and patient. Russ helped us create a unique, to the point, and thoughtful ceremony that represented us as a couple. Our input was valued and Russ was extremely responsive and helpful during our planning process. Our wedding was a destination wedding, and we had not met Russ in person until the day of the wedding, but he made it a point to call us multiple times to check in and run through the ceremony elements to make sure everything was perfect. He creatively intertwined elements of each of my husband and my ideas and preferences resulting in an incredible ceremony that many guests told me was "one of the best wedding ceremonies they ever been to". I cannot say enough about Rev. Winn. Stop looking for an officiant now and give him a call!!

Caitlin · Married on 05/05/2018

Russ Winn was an amazing officiant for our wedding! Russ was great with communication and made sure to meet with us in person a few times before the wedding. Right from the start he made us feel comfortable, like he had known us for years!!!! He made sure our wedding felt personalized and incorporated all our wishes into the ceremony. All of our guests commented on how great of a job he did officiating and how beautiful all his words were. We could not be happier with our choice to hire Russ!

Thanks so much Russ!
    Cait & Jay

Molly · Married on 10/07/2017

Rev. Russ Winn was absolutely phenomenal. He was patient and worked with us to make sure we had ever detail covered for our ceremony. Everyone at our wedding commented on how great the service was and how personalized it was and didn’t feel like just another wedding. We absolutely recommend Rev. Russ for your ceremony, he will not disappoint!

Thanks again for an amazing memory!

Molly & Chad G.

Brian · Married on 09/02/2017

Russ Winn was an amazing officiant for our wedding. He kept the ceremony light and entertaining. He was very professional and easy to work with. We are happy we had Russ as our officiant.

Devon · Married on 05/13/2017

We want to thank you again for being the Minister at our ceremony!! You are truly amazing at what you do. Our entire wedding party commented on how gracious you and the messages you shared were!! You made everyone feel so at ease. You were a blessing to the start of our life together!!!

Kathleen · Married on 02/25/2017

Russ did a fantastic job officiating our wedding! He kept the ceremony light and interesting and engaged the guests! He is truly professional and personalizes his ceremonies to each couple's taste.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

My guests loved Chaplain Russ, I received a bunch of compliments at my wedding that the officiant was excellent. Great to work with and I would recommend to all brides. The officiant can make or break your ceremony so make sure you book early!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/05/2015

Russ married us on the beach at Captiva Island in early December. We had a destination wedding and arrived a few days in advance to take time to get last-minute things together. Russ met with us to get to know us a little more and talk over the format of the ceremony. That was super helpful. We had also had a few phone calls with him in the months leading up.

Russ provided a very smooth ceremony. Many guests complimented on the wedding vows and 3 words we used to describe each other. That was a unique & fun touch Russ brought to the ceremony. It had been a bit of a cloudy weekend and the sun came out right in time for the wedding!

We'd recommend Russ to others based on the experience we had! Thanks again Russ for everything!

Elizabeth & Dan Reardon

Emily · Married on 11/21/2015

Russ was a savior. We had a close death in the family months before the wedding and the stress from that, on top of finding an officiant for a destination wedding extremely stressful. From the moment I read Russ's reviews I believed he was the right one to ensure a personal (not tacky) wedding ceremony for my husband and myself. And he was! The ceremony was my favorite part :-) Russ was extremely respectful and helped put us at ease. He's an amazing man.

All I can say is what an amazing person! Russ Winn was excellent and professional. Our guest could not have made more compliments about him after our beach ceremony. He incorporated all the aspects of a religious ceremony with the personal touches we had asked for keeping it light, romantic, spiritual and packed with meaningful words. Highly recommend for a memorable wedding ceremony!

Stacy · Married on 10/24/2015

We had the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony thanks to Russ! We had so many compliments on how great he was, how smoothly things went, and how it suited us perfectly as a couple. We couldn't be happier! Thank you Russ!

Kip and Butch · Married on 10/11/2015

Rev. Winn was a gift to us in the planning stages and the execution of our wedding ceremony. He was patient and knowledgeable at every phase...encouraged our individuality and personal touches...outlined the essential components but then added the most heartfelt sentiments and readings to our ceremony. His presence was soothing and comforting both in the moments prior that day and throughout the entire wedding. Everyone who came commented on the elegance and choice of readings both from us and from Russ. I would highly recommend this heartfelt minister who never made me feel I was a bother with any questions asked. He responded immediately and met with us personally several times before. I felt like he was an old friend by the day of the wedding. There was not one thing anyone could find amiss in the professional and joyful service rendered that day. We are eternally grateful for his presence in our wedding. Respectfully, Kip and Butch De Meo

Russ Winn officiated the most beautiful ceremony for my wedding on 9/13/15. Everything we asked him to do, he executed perfectly. He makes you feel like you have known him forever, and genuinely cares about you and your ceremony. His ceremonies are absolutely beautiful, and so meaningful. Everyone has told me that it was the most beautiful ceremony they have heard and cannot stop talking about it. I would recommend Russ to any bride. He really is perfect I could not have been any happier.

Jen · Married on 07/09/2015

Traveling from Pittsburgh, PA, Russ was a breath of fresh air as he talked my now husband and I through each step of the ceremony! We spoke several times on the phone & he incorporated our conversations and shared the love story of how my husband & I met. He was phenomenal. He even came to our room to get the marriage license & mailed it off for us.

AJ · Married on 05/01/2015

Russ was fantastic! Everyone that attended loved the ceremony. Russ does a great job of pre-planning and personalizing your ceremony. From having you come up with three words to describe your husband/wife, to selecting a wine & love letter ceremony, sand ceremony or other options. Russ was absolutely amazing.

Nicole · Married on 02/20/2015

Our guests as well as my husband and I can't stop talking about how amazing Russ's service was! He made our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be! He is extremely flexible with how long you'd like your ceremony to be and even added some personal flair to ours! It was perfect and we will remember it forever :)

• Carly

Carly · Married on 12/12/2014

I can't say that I have ever heard more compliments about the officiant at a wedding before. People were so impressed (and so were we) on how personal it was and how it fit exactly what we wanted. No matter what you are looking for, Russ can do it!

Christa · Married on 11/22/2014

He was very helpful and responded to any questions I had very quickly. What he said at the wedding was really thoughtful but still kept the ceremony light, would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding officiant!

Russ Winn was fantastic, professional and very inspirational. The preplanning was excellent ,very professional and the wedding itself went off flawlessly. I had a lot of compliments from my guest following the ceremony about how he performed and the things that he said. I would recommend him highly! I had some family issues with the sudden illness and death of my father just weeks prior to the wedding and I was very occupied with this, because of that I had to turn some of the things a bride would normally want to work on over to Russ for some decisions and recommendations. He made those decisions perfectly and his recommendations were awesome. It was not for his great assistance I would've otherwise been overwhelmed.
    Mrs. Oscar Espejo

Alice · Married on 11/10/2014

Rev. Russ Winn recently officiated our wedding ceremony on 11.10.14 on Marco Island, Fl. It was perfect! It was like Rev. Russ knew us for years! We had so many compliments on our ceremony, Rev. Russ was so personable, professional and respectful to our wishes for the ceremony. Very sincere and great sense of humor! We had traditional vows with extra special officiating from Rev. Russ! I would tell anyone who is getting married in the Naples/Marco Island area to seriously consider Rev. Russ Winn, they will be very HAPPY that they did! Excellent Choice!!
    Mr. and Mrs. Reid

Danielle · Married on 11/08/2014

Rev. Russ Winn was absolutely amazing! From the first time we met him months before the wedding I knew we were in good hands. He really takes the time to get to know you and goes over everything to make sure you get exactly what you want down to the littlest detail. We got tons of compliments on the ceremony, people told us they could tell he was sincere, his words were so touching, and he kept things short but sweet. We had more than one person tell us it was the best ceremony they had ever seen, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house! (Ask him about the 3 words option during the ceremony, it was a huge hit and our favorite part!) We also had a newborn nephew in the NICU fighting for his life and he asked us if it would be alright for him to say a little prayer for him during the ceremony which meant so much to us and my family. Overall he made our ceremony so special and memorable. It was my favorite part of the whole night and I would suggest that anyone in the area use Rev. Russ Winn!

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2014

Reverend Russ Winn was a wonderful officiant for our wedding. He did a great job at personalizing the ceremony for us, and made you feel like you knew him forever, even though we only met him in person once before our ceremony. I would highly recommend!

• User4642055 · 2+ years ago

Russ' wife, Angelia, was the officiant for our wedding and did a wonderful job! She spoke beautifully and listened to all of our requests to make the ceremony exactly what we were looking for, after only one face to face meeting two months out from the wedding. I highly recommend either Angelia or Russ!