Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant Reviews

Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 7
  • Allison

Allison Knapp · Married on 07/26/2019

Wonderful Officiant

My husband and I hired Russ Winn for our 7/26/2019 destination wedding and we are so glad we did! Russ is extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. From the moment we spoke to him last year to consult with him we knew he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. Since we were doing a July wedding in Florida, we wanted to keep the ceremony super quick yet intimate - Russ produced just that. To make our ceremony unique, he had us both chose 3 words that describes one another that was a surprise until he read it aloud during the ceremony. I definitely recommend doing that as it was special and different from any ceremony I've been to! If you're looking for an officiant in Southwest FL, definitely chose Russ!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/01/2019

Great Officiant!!

We are so happy that we chose Russ to be our wedding officiant! Our ceremony was absolutely perfect thanks to him! He made it exactly what we were hoping for and his words fit us perfectly! We have recieved so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was - we even had guests say it was the best ceremony they had ever been to, all thanks to Russ! We couldn't be happier with Russ and would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2019

Highly Recommend Russ Winn!

My husband and I were recently married in Marco Island, FL. Russ Winn was recommended to us by the resort's wedding coordinator. He was an absolute pleasure to work with. Extremely professional, friendly, and communicative throughout the entire process. He truly made our ceremony an unforgettable event.

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Grace

Grace Marcus · Married on 04/11/2019

Excellent Officiant !

What an incredible ceremony experience ! Russ called me a few times before the wedding to go over all the wedding details , details about my husband and I, and how we wanted the ceremony because we were coming in from out of town for the wedding . He listened to everything and gave me the ceremony of my dreams ! I couldn’t have asked for anything more !

Sent on 05/22/2019
  • Cristel

Cristel · Married on 04/05/2019

Memorable Wedding Ceremony thanks to Russ!

Russ Winn was the best officiant we could've asked for. The first time I spoke to him on the phone (we are an out of state bride & Groom), it was very clear he took his role very seriously and wanted to do whatever he could to help us with our vows and personalizing the ceremony. He offered us as many phone calls as we needed and even offered to meet us should we ever have time ahead of our wedding. My guests loved Chaplain Russ. We received many compliments after the wedding on how Russ was so passionate, funny and engaging! Russ had us write three words to describe each other with a short description of each. I had never witnessed that before at a wedding. It was a mix of sweet, serious and fun! Russ gave us exactly what we asked for, a short ceremony, approximately 20 minutes long filled with love and general references to God. Russ was clean cut and dressed nicely. Choose Russ for your wedding, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 8
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 9
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 10
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 11

Lacy · Married on 03/29/2019

Amazing Officiant!

I was extremely nervous to pick an officiant we didn’t know but Russ made our ceremony feel so special despite meeting him through the hotel’s preferred vendor list and only knowing him for a few months. He did an amazing job and I don’t think we could have picked a better person for the job. 100% recommend! Our day was perfect!

Sent on 04/28/2019
  • Kristie

Kristie Beck · Married on 02/21/2019

Just the right one!

We knew that the officiant was one of the most important pieces of our wedding - that person sets the tone and makes the ceremony what it is! We're SO glad we found Russ!! We met with him on one of our advance trips to FL, and we had several phone conferences with him as well. He was always professional - but also always friendly and supportive and helpful. He couldn't have been better!

He put together our ceremony just the way we wanted it. I know he has a structure that he uses, which helps so much! But he also incorporated all the things we wanted and requested. It was absolutely beautiful!!

You can't go wrong with Russ. :)

Sent on 03/13/2019
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 12
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 13
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 14
  • Becki

Becki · Married on 02/18/2019

Wonderful ceremony

We planned our Florida wedding from Maryland and chose Rev Russ Winn after speaking with a few officiants over the phone. He was charming and easy to talk to and we loved his southern accent. We wanted a non-religious ceremony; it was short and sweet and perfect!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Dana Terranova · Married on 12/16/2018

Russ is the best!

We got married at the Ritz Carlton Naples Beach resort. Russ Winn was the best officiant we could’ve asked for. We got so many compliments that our ceremony was the best part of our wedding. He made it short and simple, like we asked, but also added personal touches. He worked with me to cut out parts of certain readings to only include the parts we liked and made it so unique. So easy to work with, so easy to talk to, and took a lot of stress off our plates.

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant 15
  • Phil

Phil Heck · Married on 11/10/2018

Russ was perfect for us.

Russ is simply the best. He made our ceremony a special one & just seemed to say the perfect things that reflected us a couple. He is very professional, easy going, and is accommodating for what you're looking to get out of your ceremony. He was the perfect match for us & I am so happy we had the pleasure of working with him. Our wedding guests told me he was the best they've ever heard. Highly Recommended! A++

Sent on 01/07/2019

Southwest Florida Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you, Phil, for a wonderful review. You both were very enjoyable to work with. May you have a many, many, many HAPPY and prosperous years together.

Jillian · Married on 05/24/2018

Rev. Winn was everything we could have asked for in an officiant and more. After our ceremony, so many guests raved about his personal, funny, and intimate ceremony. Our ceremony was delayed by an hour due to weather, and Russ was flexible and patient. Russ helped us create a unique, to the point, and thoughtful ceremony that represented us as a couple. Our input was valued and Russ was extremely responsive and helpful during our planning process. Our wedding was a destination wedding, and we had not met Russ in person until the day of the wedding, but he made it a point to call us multiple times to check in and run through the ceremony elements to make sure everything was perfect. He creatively intertwined elements of each of my husband and my ideas and preferences resulting in an incredible ceremony that many guests told me was "one of the best wedding ceremonies they ever been to". I cannot say enough about Rev. Winn. Stop looking for an officiant now and give him a call!!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Caitlin · Married on 05/05/2018

Russ Winn was an amazing officiant for our wedding! Russ was great with communication and made sure to meet with us in person a few times before the wedding. Right from the start he made us feel comfortable, like he had known us for years!!!! He made sure our wedding felt personalized and incorporated all our wishes into the ceremony. All of our guests commented on how great of a job he did officiating and how beautiful all his words were. We could not be happier with our choice to hire Russ!

Thanks so much Russ!
    Cait & Jay

Sent on 05/22/2018

Molly · Married on 10/07/2017

Rev. Russ Winn was absolutely phenomenal. He was patient and worked with us to make sure we had ever detail covered for our ceremony. Everyone at our wedding commented on how great the service was and how personalized it was and didn’t feel like just another wedding. We absolutely recommend Rev. Russ for your ceremony, he will not disappoint!

Thanks again for an amazing memory!

Molly & Chad G.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Brian · Married on 09/02/2017

Russ Winn was an amazing officiant for our wedding. He kept the ceremony light and entertaining. He was very professional and easy to work with. We are happy we had Russ as our officiant.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Devon · Married on 05/13/2017

We want to thank you again for being the Minister at our ceremony!! You are truly amazing at what you do. Our entire wedding party commented on how gracious you and the messages you shared were!! You made everyone feel so at ease. You were a blessing to the start of our life together!!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Kathleen · Married on 02/25/2017

Russ did a fantastic job officiating our wedding! He kept the ceremony light and interesting and engaged the guests! He is truly professional and personalizes his ceremonies to each couple's taste.

Sent on 03/15/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/11/2016

My guests loved Chaplain Russ, I received a bunch of compliments at my wedding that the officiant was excellent. Great to work with and I would recommend to all brides. The officiant can make or break your ceremony so make sure you book early!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 12/05/2015

Russ married us on the beach at Captiva Island in early December. We had a destination wedding and arrived a few days in advance to take time to get last-minute things together. Russ met with us to get to know us a little more and talk over the format of the ceremony. That was super helpful. We had also had a few phone calls with him in the months leading up.

Russ provided a very smooth ceremony. Many guests complimented on the wedding vows and 3 words we used to describe each other. That was a unique & fun touch Russ brought to the ceremony. It had been a bit of a cloudy weekend and the sun came out right in time for the wedding!

We'd recommend Russ to others based on the experience we had! Thanks again Russ for everything!

Elizabeth & Dan Reardon

Sent on 03/05/2016

Emily · Married on 11/21/2015

Russ was a savior. We had a close death in the family months before the wedding and the stress from that, on top of finding an officiant for a destination wedding extremely stressful. From the moment I read Russ's reviews I believed he was the right one to ensure a personal (not tacky) wedding ceremony for my husband and myself. And he was! The ceremony was my favorite part :-) Russ was extremely respectful and helped put us at ease. He's an amazing man.

Sent on 01/07/2016

All I can say is what an amazing person! Russ Winn was excellent and professional. Our guest could not have made more compliments about him after our beach ceremony. He incorporated all the aspects of a religious ceremony with the personal touches we had asked for keeping it light, romantic, spiritual and packed with meaningful words. Highly recommend for a memorable wedding ceremony!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Stacy · Married on 10/24/2015

We had the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony thanks to Russ! We had so many compliments on how great he was, how smoothly things went, and how it suited us perfectly as a couple. We couldn't be happier! Thank you Russ!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Kip and Butch · Married on 10/11/2015

Rev. Winn was a gift to us in the planning stages and the execution of our wedding ceremony. He was patient and knowledgeable at every phase...encouraged our individuality and personal touches...outlined the essential components but then added the most heartfelt sentiments and readings to our ceremony. His presence was soothing and comforting both in the moments prior that day and throughout the entire wedding. Everyone who came commented on the elegance and choice of readings both from us and from Russ. I would highly recommend this heartfelt minister who never made me feel I was a bother with any questions asked. He responded immediately and met with us personally several times before. I felt like he was an old friend by the day of the wedding. There was not one thing anyone could find amiss in the professional and joyful service rendered that day. We are eternally grateful for his presence in our wedding. Respectfully, Kip and Butch De Meo

Sent on 11/16/2015

Russ Winn officiated the most beautiful ceremony for my wedding on 9/13/15. Everything we asked him to do, he executed perfectly. He makes you feel like you have known him forever, and genuinely cares about you and your ceremony. His ceremonies are absolutely beautiful, and so meaningful. Everyone has told me that it was the most beautiful ceremony they have heard and cannot stop talking about it. I would recommend Russ to any bride. He really is perfect I could not have been any happier.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Jen · Married on 07/09/2015

Traveling from Pittsburgh, PA, Russ was a breath of fresh air as he talked my now husband and I through each step of the ceremony! We spoke several times on the phone & he incorporated our conversations and shared the love story of how my husband & I met. He was phenomenal. He even came to our room to get the marriage license & mailed it off for us.

Sent on 07/15/2015

AJ · Married on 05/01/2015

Russ was fantastic! Everyone that attended loved the ceremony. Russ does a great job of pre-planning and personalizing your ceremony. From having you come up with three words to describe your husband/wife, to selecting a wine & love letter ceremony, sand ceremony or other options. Russ was absolutely amazing.

Sent on 05/11/2015