Southern Vintage Photography Reviews

Southern Vintage Photography 3
Southern Vintage Photography 4
Southern Vintage Photography 5

Lauren Bowers · Getting married on 04/02/2020

HIGHLY recommend SVP for the perfect wedding photos!!

Southern Vintage Photography (owner Jackie) did an excellent job capturing my wedding! Two photographers came to capture my wedding, so nothing was missed! Their professionalism and skill is on another level! They make sure you get all the shots you want and more! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Southern Vintage Photography 6

Southern Vintage Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren! It was an absolute pleasure capturing your and Spencer's wedding day! :)

Mary · Married on 06/16/2019

Engagement session

We had them photograph out engagement sessions and they turned out amazingly. They were very professional and understood our nervousness. I can't wait for the bridal session and the day of the wedding.

Sent on 01/25/2019

Southern Vintage Photography's reply:

Thanks for this sweet review, Mary! It's been so great getting to spend this time with you before your wedding in June! We can't wait! :)
  • Mary

Mary · Married on 12/28/2018

Excellent Photographer!

Jackie is an amazing photographer! We planned our intimate Charleston wedding from our home in Virginia and I found Southern Vintage Photography on the Knot. They offered a package that suited our needs perfectly... three hours of coverage provided us with romantic first look photos, all of the ceremony and family pictures, and we even squeezed in some beautiful shots downtown before our reception! Jackie was easygoing, knowledgeable and friendly and she was so great about communicating with us before our wedding— we exchanged emails regularly and I felt like she had everything under control on our wedding day! Our wedding was three days after Christmas and she had our gallery available within a few weeks... and our pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
    I cannot say enough good things about Jackie and Southern Vintage Photography! We are so pleased with everything and plan to use their services again!

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Southern Vintage Photography 7
    Southern Vintage Photography 8
    Southern Vintage Photography 9
    Southern Vintage Photography 10

Southern Vintage Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Mary! It was such a pleasure taking photos for you and Tom. We are so thankful that you chose us to capture your special day!

Claire · Married on 04/28/2018

Neither my now-husband nor I are really "picture people," so I procrastinated on finding on a wedding photographer, but then I stumbled across South Vintage Photography and I'm so glad I did! Celess and Jackie were responsive, helpful, professional and kind from the day I first met with them. The pictures turned out amazing and they were so patient while taking photos on our wedding day, even when other "photographers" were around giving "advice." They really worked with our personalities and comfort level to capture our special day. We hardly noticed they were around either, since they were so discreet. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for wedding photographers that will make you feel comfortable and beautiful on your special day, while offering a standout product!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Ashley · Married on 03/25/2018

My husband and I used them for our engagement and wedding pictures. They were great to work with and very flexible. We absolutely recommend.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Southern Vintage Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Ashley! We had such a great time working with you and Scott, and we wish you continued happiness! :)

Spencer · Married on 03/11/2017

Words can't express how grateful we are of the phenomenal experience we has with Southern Vintage! They were extremely accommodating and came all the way from Charleston, SC to Atlanta, GA to shoot our wedding! For two people who are not photogenic we felt as though every picture should have been on the front page of a magazine! Absolutely incredible, stress-free, fun, and knowledgeable photographers who make the whole experience a breeze! Fantastic communication and very willing to cater to any requests or need we have. I would recommended over and over again to use Southern Vintage Design for all your photography needs!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Tracey · Married on 12/03/2016

We can't say enough about these ladies! Their work is beautiful art and their hearts match! So easy to work with! Creative but also very willing to try new things when you request. We loved working with them to get photos that were very uniquely us. Our engagement shots were gushed over by family and friends for weeks and our wedding photos got much the same treatment! Our photography is exactly what we were hoping for! Not to mention going above and beyond! Helping calm the introverted, nervous bride and hopping on a horse drawn carriage at the last minute to get some unique shots. We're looking forward to seeing them again for anniversary and family shots down the road. Thank you Celess and Jackie!

Sent on 01/11/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/25/2016

On day 3 of a 32 day cross country road trip, my wonderful partner proposed to me under a gazebo in Charleston, SC. Thankfully, Jackie and Celess managed to capture the moment AND photograph us for two hours following the proposal as they toured us around the beautiful streets of Charleston. Coming from Philadelphia, my now-fiance was able to get in touch and plan these special moments with Southern Vintage, and the experience of shooting with them was absolutely incredible. Jackie and Celess amplified our giddiness and joy, and I'm so appreciative of how special they made me feel. The two ladies had an eye for the best spots around, and made us look like naturals in front of the camera. The pictures are really beautiful, and we couldn't choose just a few favorites, so we ended up purchasing the rights to all of them! Thanks Southern Vintage, you'll be a part of our engagement story each time we get to tell it.

Sent on 09/25/2015

Rachel · event on: 08/02/2015

Sent on 09/25/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/29/2016

Booking Southern Vintage Design for our wedding photographs at the Cooper River Room in Mt. Pleasant, SC was one of the best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. Simply looking at their online portfolio proves how talented they they are at capturing everything at a wedding--the emotion, the important moments, the little details. Even better is just how easy and fun Celess and Jackie were to work with. They responded to emails quickly, got to know the two of us as a couple, and looked at a pinterest board of photo ideas we liked. On the day of the wedding, they were organized, professional, and just a joy to have around! We are sure they captured everything we wanted and more!! Based on the sneak peek photos we've received already, I know for a fact that we found the best wedding photographers in the Charleston area. We highly recommend Southern Vintage Design (and will almost certainly use their services again in the future).

Sent on 08/05/2016

Southern vintage design did engagement photos for my fiance and I. I am very happy on how they turned out. I pretty much have all of the pictures hanging up in my house!!
    The moments they caught on their cameras and the way they did their editing was perfection. That's what they do, they catch perfection on film. I was worried that my fiance was going to be uncomfortable with taking photos but HE had such a blast and that made me feel more at ease!!
    Plus the weather was amazing! Nothing like Wisconsin!
    I hope to come back and do another session soon!!

Sent on 02/28/2015

I worked with Southern Vintage to secretly photograph my engagement. Their team loved the idea and worked with me (around some questionable weather) to take some photos during the event. They came out great, and my SO had no idea it was happening! I gave the photos as a wedding present recently and they were a huge hit. Definitely recommend their service and professionalism.

Sent on 08/18/2015

Margaret · Married on 04/25/2015

They were extremely professional and very pleasant to work with I would recommend them highly. Even after the event, they bend over backyards to help with issues.

Sent on 07/18/2015

Danielle · Married on 11/22/2014

We loved working with SVD. They catered to all of our desires and that was clearly displayed in all of the photos they took. They listed to our requests and performed accordingly. They are all efficient with their time and production. Would highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Amy · Married on 10/11/2014

Celess and Jackie were amazing to work with!! I was planning my wedding from Ohio and they were so responsive and helpful! I would recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

Celess and Jackie were absolutely amazing for our July 26th wedding in Yemassee, SC. They were extremely professional and paid attention to all the details of our day (even the ones I hadn't mentioned when discussing our vision for photos) They did an excellent job at communicating with us and discussing the types of pictures we wanted. Celess even had a printed list and example pictures on the day of our wedding to ensure we got every last one of them. We were so happy to work with both of them! Very professional, great value for the price. We would HIGHLY recommend them to other brides! Thanks Celess & Jackie!

Sent on 10/23/2014