Southern Plate Catering Reviews

Southern Plate Catering 1
Southern Plate Catering 2

Andrew R · Married on 11/10/2018

Great food, gorgeous venue

Southern plate was a great place to hold our rehearsal dinner. The food was absolutely amazing and the loft itself was gorgeous without any extra decorations. Rhonda and the rest of the staff were courteous and professional.

Marnie Vanwinkle · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful rehersal dinner!!

Would use Southern Plate again and again! Rhonda helped me plan and checked in with me to verify and confirm menu and instructions multiple times. Never felt doubtful or out of the loop. The food was amazing, hot, and delicious. The bread pudding was simply the best. Staff and Rhonda were so friendly and professional. Took all the work and worry away from me and did a superb job. Top notch business all the way!!!

Erin · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful Company

Rhonda at Southern Plate Catering was wonderful to work with. I was planning the wedding from out of state, and she worked with me through email and phone call to make sure we got everything right. When we finally did meet with her in person, she made us feel like family. She is a genuine, kind hearted person, who worked hard to make sure everything went smoothly. And the food was just delicious! I cannot say enough good things!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Jordan · Married on 09/23/2018

From the bride

My husband and I adored Rhonda and her staff. They took great care of us throughout the whole process of our wedding. The food was incredible and we got so many awesome complemubfrom guests about the food and variety of choices we were able to provide them. I would recommend southern plate catering to anyone with taste buds!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Shannon Penegor · Married on 09/22/2018

Bridesmaid Luncheon

Southern Plate Catering provided boxed lunches for the day of the wedding. They were so helpful in providing a wonderful lunch that then allowed family to relax and enjoy the day!! I would highly recommend them to anyone. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious! Their services were fairly priced and delivered with professionalism!! Thanks again Rhonda and Southern Plate Catering!!

Kellie H. · Married on 09/21/2018

Rehearsal Dinner

Rhonda and her staff at Southern Plate Catering catered the rehearsal dinner for our son’s wedding. From our initial conversation to the end of the perfect dinner, we could not have asked for a more kind and caring staff. The food was absolutely the best and Rhonda’s attention to detail was like none other! She made planning our event easy and stress free!! Thank you Southern Plate Catering for making our special weekend spectacular!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Tammy Watts · Married on 09/01/2018

Great food, great people, great experience!

Southern Plate Catering was a dream. Rhonda is absolutely wonderful! As we planned my daughter’s wedding, her years of experience was evident. Lots of common sense advice that really made the difference. Food! The food was delicious. Everyone raved about it. Hope she will cater my next daughter’s wedding when the time comes.

• Shelby

Shelby Gregory · Married on 09/01/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

The food was absolutely delicious!! From appetizers at cocktail hour to our wedding cake, everything was perfect! Southern Plate was professional and extremely knowledgeable. Rhonda’s advice during our tasting was very helpful and made planning our wedding so much easier! I highly recommend Soutern Plate to anyone planning a wedding or any other event!

Southern Plate Catering 3

Melanie · Married on 06/29/2018

Southern Plate Catering is the BEST!

Southern Plate Catering did a phenomenal job for my wedding! Rhonda was a pleasure to work with and her catering staff were great and professional. Rhonda is a very personable person and went the extra mile to make sure everything was smooth and perfect for our day. She was more than just a caterer or vendor. She is passionate in her work took the time to get to know my husband and I, and made us feel like family. Rhonda is always enthusiastic and always seemed genuinely excited to be a part of our day. She made everything such a stress-free process.

The food was phenomenal. Our guests still talk about how great the food was. Many have stated that the food at our wedding was some of the best food they have ever had at an event/wedding. There were many options to pick from and Rhonda was able to work with various dietary needs. Southern Plate Catering is also afforable and can accommodate to a variety of budgets. Rhonda was always full of ideas and suggestions and even gave me options I didn’t think about to stay within my budget.

I highly recommend Southern Plate Catering for any special event or wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Lindsey Grigsby · Married on 06/23/2018

Excellent Food!!

We really enjoyed working with Rhonda and her staff. We had a taco bar for our reception dinner. It was everything we wanted and more. It was absolutely delicious! We would definitely recommend Southern Plate Catering to anyone.
    -Lindsey G.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Rachel Dadisman · Married on 06/02/2018

2 Weddings 3 weeks a part

Rhonda did an excellent job catering my twin daughters weddings that were 3 weeks apart. She was very professional and helpful and did a wonderful job giving us the most value for our money. The food was absolutely delicious and enjoyed by all!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Kim Barker · Married on 06/01/2018

Mother of the Groom

Rhonda was very helpful in making suggestions that we had not considered. She was quite flexible in all areas and worked hard to ensure our contentment in all areas. The guests complimented the food and the service. The pricing was reasonable and our choices were optimal! We would definitely use Southern Plate Catering again in the future!

Virginia · Married on 05/26/2018

The best southern catering you’ll ever have

Rhonda was extremely helpful with our wedding. She helped my wedding coordinator get structure into what was going to happen each step of the way in the reception! I worried about nothing!!! They are a 10/10 in my book. The food was delicious!! Her test tasting was professional setting with southern charm and the food is just amazing! I can’t get over how good everything was!! Picking what we were going to serve was so hard because EVERYTHING was so good!! Also you can’t help but love Rhonda! You’ll want to be her best friend by the end of your time with her!

Southern Plate Catering 4
    Sent on 12/15/2018

Rori Tyler · Married on 10/21/2017

Rhonda catered our wedding!

Rhonda was the absolute best! Beginning to end, she was there to help with all her knowledge, she made the the experience personable and comfortable at all times! Her food is of high quality and looks just as good as it tastes! Love her to pieces!

Kimberly · Married on 05/20/2017

Rhonda was a joy to work with! She was helpful with all wedding related tasks even outside her expertise of food. The food was delectable and well received by our guests. Such great flavor! Once we decided on our menu, Rhonda took care of the details so we didn't need to worry about anything regarding food leading up to and on the wedding day. For the high quality food and service, the price is extremely reasonable.

Sent on 06/18/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

I worked with Rhonda for my rehearsal dinner and wedding catering. The food was PHENOMENAL and the value was incredible. Southern Plates knows exactly how to create a perfect wedding menu and even sent me and my husband home with an extra to-go plate that evening. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Kori · Married on 07/16/2016

Rhonda and staff went above and beyond to ensure that the food for our wedding was perfect. At our initial tasting Rhonda invited us in and we felt right at home while tasting her "made from scratch" food. She was always an email, phone call, or text away. She even helped with the little details such as recommending other preferred vendors. Guests at our wedding have continuously complimented the food! I would highly recommend her to others.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Taylor · Married on 07/09/2016

Rhonda went above and beyond for our wedding! Our guests still talk about how amazing the food was! Everything was home made right down to the salad dressing. Rhonda is amazing and easy to work with. She has a true passion for wedding and what she does and she helped us through the entire planning process to make sure all of our needs were met. I would definitely recommend Southern Plate Catering!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Roxann · Married on 07/02/2016

The entire process was made easy. All needs were met without hesitation. The food was absolutely amazing.

Sent on 08/11/2016

Courtney · Married on 07/02/2016

My experience with Southern Plate Catering was better than I could have ever imagined when I started my wedding planning journey. When you first meet the owner Rhonda you will get the feeling that you've known her for much longer than you have; she is kind, sweet, and very personable. The one thing that sets Southern Plate Catering apart from the rest is that delicious, homemade food is a PASSION for Rhonda. She doesn't just enjoy cooking, she lives and breathes it. All of the recipes you will have a chance to taste and experience through this company are homemade and built on decades of experience.

Southern Plate Catering not only catered my wedding, but also my rehearsal dinner in their adorable downtown venue, "The Loft" in Danville, KY. My family could not STOP talking about how amazing her food was, and I heard MULTIPLE times that the Chicken Alfredo was the best they had ever eaten (some of these comments coming from women well into their 70's). The same was said about our meal for the wedding as well, everyone was left full, satisfied, and amazed that their wedding meal didn't taste like a "process", but something they would experience if they sat down at a homemade family dinner.

Please give this lovely company a chance, her prices are reasonable, and her food is out of this world. She will do whatever she can to make your special day everything you're hoping it will be. Her talent goes far beyond food and she has the capabilities of helping you stay on track and not feel those wedding jitters.

~Courtney & Wil

Sent on 08/30/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2016

We contacted Southern Plate Catering about a month before our wedding and thankfully they had our date available! Rhonda and her staff were so nice and accommodating for assisting us last minute! Seriously, our wedding dinner would NOT have good as smooth as it did without them! Rhonda and team catered to our desired breakfast/brunch buffet menu wishlist and exceeded our expectations in the taste, ease, and quality of the food! Our guests complimented the food choices for weeks! We have no complaints and would highly recommend Southern Plate Catering to anyone looking for a caterer!

Sent on 08/11/2016

Stacy · Married on 06/11/2016

Rhonda was kind, professional, and really took the time to get to know us and answer all of our questions. We found that Southern Plate Catering was delicious food at a reasonable price. We had the bourbon glazed chicken with corn pudding, green beans, potato bake, rolls, sweet tea, water, and lemonade. Everything was delicious and everyone spoke highly of the food. We highly recommend them, hiring them to cater our wedding was one of the best things we did.

Sent on 09/12/2016

Lindsey · Married on 10/09/2015

Wonderful working with Rhonda. Food was absolutely delicious and on time. Would recommend Southern Plate Catering to anyone.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Alexis · Married on 05/10/2014

Southern Plate Catering did the catering for my wedding, and it was a wonderful experience. Rhonda is very thorough and went the extra mile to make sure her services met our expectations. The food was wonderful and the guests were complimenting on how great everything tasted. Southern Plate Catering is very professional, affordable, and delicious! I would highly recommend this vendor for your wedding/event.

Sent on 03/02/2015

As the mother of the bride I would highly recommend Southern Plate Catering . They provided services for my daughters wedding last spring and we couldn't have been more pleased. The food was excellent, and the staff was very outgoing and professional. Southern Plate Catering displays true southern hospitality with a mouth watering taste. They offer many different food selections, and will work with a variety of different budgets.

Sent on 03/06/2015