Southern Grace Reviews

Southern Grace 4
Southern Grace 5
  • Kristen

Kristen wiegner · Married on 01/11/2020

Could not have been more perfect!

This venue was AMAZINGLY! They surpassed every expectation! It was absolutely stunning! Everyone had the best time!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Lori Jefferson · Married on 12/10/2019

Outstanding!! One of the most amazing venues in central Florida!!!! Highly recommend this venue!

One of the most amazing venues in Florida, highly recommend Southern Grace!! Absolutely breathtaking, the ladies of Southern Grace go above and beyond with every little detail!!

Sent on 01/06/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Every single detail of our day was perfect thanks to the Southern Grace team. From the beginning, they were so helpful and understanding- from a date change due to military orders and rain on the day of- it couldn't have gone smoother and it is truly because this team put so much effort and love into the day. They are so amazing to work with, considering every wish and exceeding every expectation you could ever have. The venue is stunning, and all of my guests were amazed by both the setting and exquisite detail put into the day. Everything ran perfectly- from transitions between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. These sweet ladies made sure I got to enjoy my day, as well- bringing me appetizers while I took photos, constantly checking on me, and even providing lunch while my bridesmaids and I got ready in the sweet bridal cottage they have. I really love everything about this venue and the team they have here. I hope all of my friends and family get married here just so I can go back!

Southern Grace 6
    Southern Grace 7
    Sent on 01/04/2020

hunter · Married on 05/18/2019

The perfect day!

The Southern Grace Barn avenue was the the perfect place to marry my best friend! Our wedding day was what everyone is saying “like a movie”, beyond perfect! Kaitlyn and her team make everything seem so simple and we’re awesome to work with! Highly recommend ❤️

Southern Grace 8
    Southern Grace 16
    Southern Grace 17
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/09/2019

Every Little Girl’s Dream!

I cannot begin to describe the love and absolute awe that this venue and it’s team have brought to my husband and I on such a very important and memorable day of our lives.

We still get complements to this day and we are almost a year past this beautiful memory!

For starters I must say that the venue itself is absolutely breathtaking! The old clapboard white steepled church looks like something that belongs in Cades Code, TN (I’ve heard it’s a replica)!

Second, the reception barn is completely done up with crystal chandeliers, crystal candelabras, and silk drapery hung from every corner! The rolling acreage keeps things secluded and peaceful so you can enjoy your day without all the loud and obnoxious bustle of the cars or passerby's of anyone other than your wedding guests.

Another great thing, the cocktail hour is just a few steps away from the ceremony site, then a few more steps just inside the reception barn! They offer outdoor family games, a s’mores chart, and even a lit fire if the night gets cool enough to keep your guests and children entertained during the cocktail hour while you finish pictures (which is always one of the BIG things you worry about as a bride).

With barn venues popping up all over the place it seems, this particular venue offers so much more with an elegant twist.

The team at Southern Grace were extremely wonderful, kind, and accommodating for not only my husband and I but for our entire wedding party and guests. Shuttle service was provided to and from the parking areas across to the chapel before ceremony and after the night ended for those that needed. The Southern Grace coordinator stayed up to date with me the entire way through from planning all the way to clean up that night making sure we were returned all items that were brought with us.

The venue itself offers an all inclusive package with some amazing vendors that have hands down been the talk of the town from my wedding. The food was amazing, the flowers were jaw dropping, and the cake was phenomenal! All vendors coordinated behind the scenes with the Southern Grace team and if anything ever went wrong, I had no idea because it was all handled in a timely and professional manner so no one could even tell the difference. A strict timeline was kept between our coordinator, caterer, and DJ which kept the night rolling with no breaks or dead space for our guests to get bored or lose interest.

I cannot say how honestly thankful my husband and I are that we choose such an amazing venue with such amazing Christian people who honestly made us feel loved and cherished on the happiest day of our lives so far!

I hands down give this venue a 10/10 in every aspect that a venue can offer and would recommend it to anyone who asks!

Southern Grace 18
    Southern Grace 31
    Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Sierra

Sierra · Married on 03/02/2019

Beyond my wildest dreams!

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. It was a dream come true. Everything went so smoothly and felt so effortless. I truly enjoyed every moment without a worry thanks to Kaitlyn and her team! Every detail was beyond our wildest dreams and I can’t be any more thankful for their patience, support, and creativity! God was ever so present on our special day and we couldn’t be any happier! So grateful to be a Southern Grace bride!

Southern Grace 32
    Sent on 04/06/2019

Sherri Cundiff · Married on 12/08/2018

Beat day ever

They are the most amazing venue ever! Stress free from the first day to the last minute . Not one thing would I change .super flexible and great help in planning . Thanks for making our daughters wedding the BEST DAY EVER!

• Savannah

Savannah · Married on 04/14/2018

Really a dream

Southern Grace was beyond perfect it was truly a dream come true for my husband and I! Every hick up or bump in the planning or day of it was all handled perfectly. The family group of girls are to talented, genuine, the most selfless down to earth people, we were so grateful to have them every step of the way! Kaitlyn had a wonderful idea to have our photographer photograph us with one of their horses on our wedding night which turned out more than stunning. If we could do it all over again we most definitely would. Words cannot express how wonderful Southern Grace is we would recommend them over and over again! We can’t thank them enough for all they did for us making our wedding an amazing day to remember forever!

Southern Grace 33
    Sent on 08/14/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 02/07/2015

Beautiful Venue!

I photographed a wedding here recently and the venue is stunning! All of the staff that I met were so nice to work with and KIND which was really refreshing. I'm excited to do more weddings here in the future and will always recommend this venue to brides.

Southern Grace 38
    Southern Grace 39
    Southern Grace 40
    Southern Grace 41
    Southern Grace 42
    Sent on 12/27/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/04/2014

Typically, I don't review anything, but I had to share our experience. My husband and I got married at Southern Grace, and I simply cannot say enough about this stunning venue and its exceptional team of ladies who made our ceremony, reception and entire planning process a joy.

Southern Grace is an elegant, charming, chic, peaceful, southern venue with decorators and coordinators who have impeccable taste, treat you more like family than a client, truly have a talent for creating beautiful spaces and leave absolutely no stone unturned. The ladies at Southern Grace have an obvious passion for giving the bride, groom and family a beautiful and meaningful wedding that far exceeds any expectations.

With the abundance of help they offered, they made the planning process and especially the wedding day so easy and stress-free for me, my husband, and especially our mothers! I am still in awe of the intimate setting they created and the details they added that made our wedding so personable. What is so notable to me though is that they don’t just give you a beautiful day; they make the entire planning process an enjoyable one. Our meetings and conversations with them were so much fun, and they made me feel like they were planning their sister or daughter's wedding.

Working with Southern Grace was the best wedding experience I could imagine, and I wouldn’t change a thing about the special day they created for us.

Sent on 02/19/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/01/2013

Elegant barn venue that takes much pride in making their bride's wedding dream day come true.
    There is no other venue like Southern Grace!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Kaylie · Married on 02/26/2008

Beautiful venue with an excellent team of wedding coordinators that go above and beyond to make your wedding day perfect!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Sarah Kuhlmann · Married on

Perfection

Southern Grace made our special day absolutely perfect!

• Steph

Steph · Married on 10/26/2019

2.0
      3.0

Stunning venue with great photo opps

The venue is ABSOLUTELY stunning! It's literally everything and more I could have ever imagined. I still get compliments about how beautiful our wedding day was! A sweet friend of mine was married at Southern Grace and we were so blown away by her pictures I knew we had to see the venue. We made our decision that same day! If I had to rate this venue solely based on the way it looks I would give it a 10/10. Absolutely breathtaking! Your pictures will be stunning.

My friend had an absolutely wonderful experience but unfortunately that was not my experience overall. As beautiful as this venue is I would like to caution future brides on a few things.

Positives:
    - It's all-inclusive at a reasonable price
    - their vendor list is great and we had a positive experience with most of them
    - Great photo opportunities. Your pictures will be amazing
    - In person meetings are very helpful!
    - The wedding chapel is gorgeous

Not so positives:
    - The Barn was wayyy too hot. We got married at the end of October but the barn was so hot guests started leaving early and we decided to cut the night an hour short becuase of it. They only have a large fan to cool the barn This may be an easy fix if you're getting married during a colder month in Florida or the venue installs a proper cooling system. Otherwise, it will be very uncomfortable. We definitely made the most of it.

- Communication is subpar. From the beginning communication was not great. I have dealt with many vendors and have planned big events in the past and this is probably the biggest annoyance I had through the process. For example, getting an answer to a simple question sometimes took weeks. Other times just a few days. There wasn't consistency.

- The night of our rehearsal we were running behind because people were driving or flying in from out of town so I texted and emailed their team but never got a response. Not even an "okay, no worries see you soon." When we arrived the coordinator and an assistant was there but it's just a little frustrating not to have someone really engage with you. I've been in several weddings and usually the coordinator is very on top of things but when we got there she didn't even know our line up and seemed confused.

The next day (wedding day), we got to the bridal suite and no one was there. In the past, I have seen my friends' coordinators usually send a sweet message in the morning and make an appearance early on to welcome the bride and the girls wishing them a great day. That was not the case. I had to initiate a text because after requesting for additonal mirrors to accommodate 8 bridesmaids at our last in person meeting -- that wasn't done and there was no tissue paper in the bathrooms. We were also told there would be food and drinks for us when we arrived but it wasn't delivered til much later.

Somehow none of the guys including my husband had boutonnières which wasn't a big deal but we paid for it so I'm still not sure why our coordinator didn't make sure that was done.

When it was time for my bouquet toss --the bouquet for this was nowhere to be found so the coordinator threw something together and wrapped it with a broken hair tie. I think this is something that should have been looked at beforehand and been in order. That wasn't that big of a deal but her attitude throughout the whole thing was just disappointing. My friends and I caught her rolling her eyes a few times throughout the night and you could tell she just didn't want to be there (not what you want to see or feel on your wedding day).
    She had a very snobby attitude throughout our experience and maybe we just happened to interact with her during a difficult time but if I could do it over again, she would not have been my pick to coordinate my day.

Another small detail that bugged me is our attire was formal for the wedding but our coordinator showed up in black leggings and boots. Maybe this is the norm for this venue but I think it just added to the frustration because I've seen how other coordinators have dressed more to match the feel of the event.

Also, I packed all of our decorations/additional items with stickers on the back. Each sticker had a number that matched a printed sheet I handed our coordinator so that we could ensure all of our personal items were returned to us. We were missing several items and the sheet I created was not used. My husband and I had to go back to the venue to look for our stuff the day after our wedding. The worst part was that the coordinator would not answer our texts or phone calls. We are not from the area and had limited time there. Thankfully, one of the guys that works at the venue showed up because he noticed we were on the property and helped us find our items.

Overall, I loved how this place looked and it's a day I will always cherish but I did not like how the team at Southern Grace handled the most important day of our lives.

Southern Grace 43