Southern City Lights Reviews

48 | Heflin, AL

48 Reviews for Southern City Lights

Maggie N. · Married on 07/02/2018

Wonderful band!

Southern City Lights were wonderful! They worked with us and were very flexible and responsive. I had a particular vibe I wanted for the music, and they nailed it to a t. The musical quality was excellent and they helped the wedding coordinator pace the flow of the evening. I had lots of guests tell me they were one of the best wedding bands they’d experienced! Our reception ran very late, and David also stayed after the time was up and played music from a playlist to keep the party going. I would definitely hire them again and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you Maggie! How could I leave when everyone was having so much fun!! We greatly appreciate your kind words. Great couples like y’all are what makes our job so rewarding and why we truly love what we do. Thanks again and we would be delighted to be a part of any event you have in the future. Blessings!

Emily D. · Married on 06/09/2018

Cocktail hour and ceremony band

We absolutely loved having David and his violinist as part of our big day! They exceeded all expectations and our guests had an amazing experience because of them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! We loved being a part of you beautiful wedding. And thank you for uploading the pictures! Wish you both the best!

Courtney · Married on 05/19/2018

Ceremony music and reception was great! Very easy to work with. Guests were bragging on how great their music was! Great experience!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time! Thank you for your kind words. I wish you both the very best! - David.

Amy · Married on 04/14/2018

We cannot express how great Southern City Lights were. From the planning to the day of performance, we couldn’t have imagined it any better! I worked with David on planning the event and he was awesome, he even came out to our backyard to help me plan where to set them up. We used them for the ceremony (classical) and for the reception and they were fantastic!

Sent on 04/21/2018

K Crid · Married on 04/09/2018

Top Notch - Exceeded Our Wildest Expectations

My wife and I had Music Festival themed wedding reception at a local music amphitheater. Needless to say, this meant that the music had to be top notch. David and Southern City Lights had everyone up and dancing the start to finish. David was extremely easy to work with prior to the reception, learned a new first dance song a few days before the wedding, arrived on time, and put on on a great show. It really felt like a concert having Southern City Lights on stage. All of this for a very reasonable price! Can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Diane · Married on 03/31/2018

1st class experience from start to finish. The entire band was an absolute pleasure to work with. To top it off they put on an amazing show for our wedding. They went above and beyond to adhere to our wishes even last minute. Would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a great time at their wedding! A++

Sent on 09/06/2018

Bracey · Married on 02/10/2018

I highly recommend hiring Southern City Lights for your wedding! I had no idea what music I wanted for the ceremony or reception and just gave David minimal ideas. He played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, and the rest of the band joined him for our reception. They killed it! Our guests were up dancing all night. He even let a friend of mine join in for a Taylor Swift song and played my alma mater’s fight song! David also handled all of the MCing for us by making announcements and giving our guests direction. They made it so easy on me by not having to worry about those things.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much! Everyone was so much fun. We could not have asked for a better group! You are truly blessed with great family and friends. Thanks again!

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2017

Southern City Lights went above and beyond to make our wedding day a wonderful experience. Working with David was like talking to an old friend! He makes sure to accommodate any requests you may have, while answering every question that may come along. Not to mention, they put on a SHOW! Our guests are still raving about how amazing they were.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much! Loved loved your wedding, friends, family, style.... Everything! It was such a great experience!! Thanks again and wish you both the very best!

Hagen · Married on 12/30/2017

Musicians were very good,. I had so many compliments on the band. We had a very intimate wedding and they played all the music we love and we danced the night away. Very friendly as well we took pictures with them and had good conversation. I would highly recommend them wether the wedding is large or small.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Kelli · Married on 12/30/2017

David- just wanted to let you know the band far exceeded expectations. They were outstanding! What an awesome and amazingly talented group! So professional and easy to work with. They did such a good job on the special requests that they had to learn. I honestly would recommend them without hesitation to anyone and I dare any other band to even try to compete with them. They felt like family by the end of the night. Music is very important to Blane and I and they literally played every song we wanted. It was like a soundtrack to our relationship. They involved the guests which was so great! Please let them know that we can’t express how pleased we were with them!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Kerrie · Married on 11/25/2017

Southern City Lights played the ceremony and the reception at my wedding in late November 2017. They were awesome! They played everything we wanted and did a fantastic job entertaining our guests and keeping the evening going better than planned. They made sure that our big day was special and I could not have asked for more from a band. They let my dad sing with them! They accommodated us in every way possible. All of my guests loved them. They were very professional and friendly to everyone. David helped me plan the best flow and the night was great. Thank you so much for making our day so special! The band also worked with my budget which I could not be more thankful for!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/13/2017

We hired a 2-man band for our small wedding reception in Auburn, and we loved everything about our experience with a southern City Lights. They were easy to work with, friendly, professional, entertaining, and met all of our needs. Our guests were so pleased with the entertainment, too. We plan on booking them again in the future.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Misty · Married on 09/24/2016

David and the band was awesome. I highly recommend them. They are a good, fun time and will make your entire day complete. I love Southern City Lights.

Sent on 02/22/2017

David provided a great experience at our venue in 2016. He is gifted with talent. You will not be disappointed and will be the talk for years of here much fun your band was !

Sent on 02/21/2017

Southern City Lights played at my engagement party and were delightful. They were engaging and fun but not overpowering. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Katy · Married on 10/04/2014

David was so easy to get in touch with, so involved and concerned with what we wanted to hear, and helpful in deciding the perfect final selections. His beautiful music could not have fit more perfectly what we wanted for the ceremony. David himself, aside from his talents, is an all-around kind gentleman and his presence at the ceremony was a joy.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Rebecca · Married on 06/21/2014

Southern City Lights did a wonderful job for my husband and I when we got married in June 2014. They not only played as a band during our reception, but also provided a solo and guitarist for us during our actual ceremony.
    They truly worked with us in every capacity to my fullest expectations.

Sent on 02/21/2017

Shelly · Married on 04/28/2012

Southern City Lights were very accommodating with what music I wanted played.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Stephanie · Married on 02/25/2012

We had so many people ask us "where did you find this band?!? They are great!!! Including some of the staff who had seen a ton of bands perform.

They really made the night fun & memorable! Great variety of songs & they really kept the evening moving at all the traditional times too. I'm so thankful that I was able to simply dance & mingle & let them do what they do best. The hilight was our first dance. They were able to adjust the timing "just enough" for us & it was may favorite part of the whole day.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Danielle · Married on 08/25/2018

They were wonderful! We had an acoustic guitar for the ceremony and five-piece band for the reception. Super sweet, low maintenance, and soo talented! We received a TON of compliments!! Definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/09/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you Danielle! We couldn’t have asked for a better day. Everything about your wedding was so perfect. I wish y’all all the best!

Leo · Married on 05/19/2018

Nothing but great things to say about these guys. First and foremost - FANTASTIC SOUND! Lots of guests gave high praise. David, the coordinator, was super easy to work with and very responsored to emails. Price-wise, toward the higher end of the estimate's we got but worth every penny. Flexibility wise, didn't freak out when the hotel messed up their booking and wanted to charge them. All around terrific band that helped make our wedding so much fun!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Luci · Married on 02/26/2017

They did a great job everything was perfect!

Sent on 03/09/2017

Cindy · Married on 02/23/2019

Classy, elegant, wonderful!

I had a somewhat unique request for my reception music, as the reception was in a church with some musical restrictions I knew I was going to forego dancing but still want live, elegant, jazzy, music without a vocalist except for maybe one song for us to enter to, and no opinion or idea on what types of musicians I needed. Luckily I stumbled accross Southen City Lights on The Knot, contacted David, and despite my somewhat odd request, were able to surpass all my expectations. He guided me through what type and how many musicians I probably needed, sent me a song list prior to the event, and I had multiple guests tell me how wonderful the reception music was. Totally recommended!

Sent on 03/17/2019