Southern Bride Reviews

Southern Bride 3
Southern Bride 4

Sydney · Married on 10/14/2017

3.5

I had a lovely time at Southern Bride and found one fairytale of a dress. I bought mine off the rack and they were having a sale so I saved a little bit for doing so. I also ordered my veil from them which came the wrong length but they quickly expedited the correct one for me and allowed us to return the other one. I tried on about 12 dresses, but the 2nd one I tried was the one!

Southern Bride 5
    Southern Bride 6
    Southern Bride 7
    Southern Bride 8
    Sent on 01/03/2018

Southern Bride made choosing my wedding dress a breeze. It was easily the most comfortable shopping experience thus far. The first dress they chose for me, was "the one".

Sent on 01/22/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/09/2015

3.5

I saw the staff at Southern Bride at a wedding show in Winston Salem and made the comment to my fiancé how much I liked the ladies I met. My fiancé worked with these ladies to surprise me with a fitting and even though I walked in saying I wasn't going to buy a dress that day, I walked out with my wedding gown. They were wonderful, they made the experience easy and fun, and they were so friendly! They will work with you on paying for the dress and were able to answer any questions I had.

Sent on 07/20/2015
  • Justice Wedding

Kayla and Jeremy · Married on 05/17/2015

This was my first place to go look for wedding dresses. The offered Very good customer service and were very personable! I felt right at home. She listened to my likes and dislikes and I didn't feel rushed at all. She also ask if it was ok to suggest certain things and had great suggestions. While not having a huge selection in the store, there are all types of dresses. I definitely recommend southern bride to be on your list of bridal shops!

Sent on 08/18/2014

3.5

Love this place, would recommend to anyone! They were very sweet and professional people to work with . I loved my dress I bought from there, it's so beautiful. When I show people pictures from our wedding, the first question they ask is "where did you get your dress from, it's beautiful?"

Sent on 01/17/2016

Corinna · Married on 05/30/2015

4.2
      3.5

My experience overall with Southern bride was relatively good. They had a gorgeous selection of dresses and were super friendly and eager to help me find the dress for my big day. Since I bought a dress off the rack I did not have to wait on my dress to be shipped to the store and time was not a problem. The only issue I experienced with Southern Bride was a lack of communication on one occasion. I was supposed to come in for a dress fitting (the dress was supposed to already be altered) and when I came in, they didn't even have my dress started in alterations. Fortunately, it was not a huge deal and there was plenty of time to get the dress done, but it would have been nice to have known the dress had not been fixed yet and we had to drive an hour for nothing. I wouldn't recommend this shop to someone with a tight wedding timeline because it can take a while for them to do things but if you have plenty of time and are easy going this is a really good place to shop.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/25/2015

4.2
      3.5

I bought my beautiful wedding gown there, I wanted to go somewhere different from where all of the people I know go to hopefully get my own style of dress. I was very happy with the place and how they took their time with me and let me try on as many as I wanted not feeling rushed, it was a lovely experience and I four the perfect gown.

Sent on 05/17/2015

3.0

The staff was helpful when tying on wedding gowns. Alterations went smoothly and they were able to help with additional alterations. They don't have a large selection of dresses to try on in various sizes.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 02/08/2014

Loved my dress, but once I paid for it, it was hard to get their help on anything else (accessories, bridesmaid dresses etc)

Sent on 05/28/2015

3.4
      3.5

This shop was very helpful. I enjoyed my visit and would visit again. I however did not find my dress here. but would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2017

3.4
      3.0

Southern Bride did a great job with me when it came to helping me pick out the perfect wedding dress. I had the best experience for that part of working with them. However, when it came to getting my dress ordered, I waited much longer than the time I was quoted. When I called to check on my dress after I never heard from them during the time I was given, they were rude and short with me and told me it would be longer due to the holiday, where the dress was coming from, etc. It seemed both times I checked in there was a different excuse given. Finally, when I picked the dress up, it didn't even have a bag. They said they had run out but usually every bride gets a bag. I refused to leave until I got a bag, since I live with my fiance (now husband) and we have animals. They finally gave me a bag, but even admitted they took it from another bride. Their alterations were quoted at an extremely expensive cost, so I am so glad I did not choose to have them alter my dress.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Allison · Married on 03/05/2016

2.4
      2.0

Maybe I just drew the short end of the stick but I had an absolutely MISERABLE experience with Southern Bride! I would never recommend them! I had several MASSIVE issues with them. First, they ordered my wedding dress in the wrong color. I wanted my dress in ivory and they ordered it in blush. Talk about devastating when you go for your first WEDDING DRESS FITTING! Of course they reordered it for me, but they did not seem willing to expedite the shipping. Needless to say, I had to reschedule my bridal portraits. But what's more, is that I was waiting to order my veil until my dress arrived to be sure that the veil would match. So the ladies told me that they would hold the veil I was looking at until the new dress arrived so that I could borrow it for the portraits and then order it (or another veil) for my wedding. Well, when I went for my second first dress fitting (luckily the dress was correct this time), they sold the veil that they promised to hold for me and refused to pay for expedited shipping or give me a discount on the veil! UNACCEPTABLE! This meant I had to reschedule my bridal portraits again. All in all awful experience. I ended up loving my dress and veil and couldn't have imagined anything more beautiful, but they were completely unaccommodating and not at all remorseful for the massive mistakes that they made and how rough they made the process for me. I would do not recommend Southern Bride! The value is not worth the misery! This should be a happy experience and my experience was far from it!

Sent on 05/26/2016

1.8
      2.5
      2.0

I went to Southern Bride in January and had a wonderful experience. My consultant listened to me, saw the photos I liked, and immediately picked out the dress I ended up buying. Because of this initial experience, I wanted to go through them for my bridesmaid dresses and tuxes, but as another reviewer noted, once you've purchased the dress, their customer service goes from top-notch to zero. The look my consultant gave us when we showed up for a bridesmaid appointment almost made me walk out. Then when we called the next week, inquiring about a price for another dress we liked, we never got a call back. We called back five more times and never got a call back. I think they should be called "Southern PROM" as that seems to be all they care about. We ended up going with a smaller salon for the bridesmaids and tuxes with great customer service who seemed to genuinely want our business, while Southern Bride clearly did not. I am now also choosing to go elsewhere for alterations. I would not recommend them to anyone, especially a bride who wants to feel special.

Sent on 03/21/2013

Anonymous Unhappy Bride · Married on 08/25/2019

1.6

Unorganized and Careless

I had the best experience when I first went to look for dresses here. When I decided my dress was “the one”, I went back and bought it and it was another great experience. Then, things went DOWNHILL from there. It was almost as if because they had my money, they didn’t care about me or my wedding experience anymore. They ordered my dress and told me a time frame when it would came it. Well, it didn’t come in during that time frame and no one called me to give me an update. I called them countless times before I got an answer about where my dress was and when it would arrive. I was unable to get bridal photos because it arrived late. My husband got his tux from there and so did the wedding party. If you purchase a package, which I did, you get a designated percentage off when purchasing “x” amount of dresses and tuxes. Well, unless you remind them that you purchased the package, you WILL NOT receive the discount. UNORGANIZED! They ordered the wrong color ties for the groomsmen and my husband had to drive around the day of the wedding looking for replacements. All of this could have been smoothed over but the owner (Elena) doesn’t care about her business or the service she provides to brides. It’s stressful enough going through the wedding planning but having to stay on top of details that should be taken care of for you, makes it worse. DO NOT get your dress here if you appreciate prompt follow-up and a business that stands behind its word.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Sarah · Married on 03/31/2018

0.4
      0.5

I have used this bridal store many times. Every time I go I am highly disappointed. I ordered my wedding dress July, 2017 and it is January 2018. and I still have not received my dress. I was told it would be here late December. In November, my bridesmaids dresses came in. I went to pick all 8 up and the girl behind the counter handed me them at once and sent me on my way. Both girls behind the counter, watched as a struggled to open the door to leave. Horrible customer service. Would not recommend.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Marie · Married on 07/27/2014

0.0

My Matron of Honor and I decided to travel to this boutique at the suggestion of our wedding venue. Vicki was nice when we came in. I told her the dress style I wanted & tried on all they had in the store (only 6 dresses). We settled for a flattering one off the rack & also purchased our 4 bridesmaids dresses there as well. My fiancé ended up not liking my dress & when I called to see about getting a refund (again, my dress was NOT special ordered, had not left the the store, or been altered), I was told the only offer they'd give was to come back (almost 3 hr one way drive for me) to look for another dress. I offered to just GIVE them $200 just for their trouble to put it back on the rack, but they said no...general statute law in NC states a vendor has to provide you with 72 hour time frame in writing in which you are able to cancel your order for a full refund (not provided here) Bella Collina Events even encouraged them to provide refund since they receive a lot of business from there. However, they chose to be non-cooperative. Im currently in the process of dispute with my credit card company, but since I paid my credit card bill in full when it arrived, there seems little I can do about this. Im VERY displeased at how many times I've tried to get resolution, as well as how it was implied to our wedding vendor that it would be settled amicably & has not. Our bridesmaids dresses were ordered April 4th, & on the designers website, it states that the store should provide you with options of getting your dress in 2,4, or 6 weeks (this was NOT). Nor was an estimated date of arrival given to us on the date we ordered. It has been 11 WEEKS and STILL NO DRESSES. NOT HAPPY at all and would encourage everyone to go ELSEWHERE to prevent any stress/hassle.

Sent on 06/15/2014