65 Reviews for Southern Bride

Father of Bride (1)
Preservation (1)
Rentals (1)
65 Southern Bride Reviews

While the boutique is small, I got the best customer service from them. They were professional, helpful, and very welcoming. Plan on going during a trunk show case for more dress options, but way better then David's Bridal.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Alterations, Preservation, Trunk Shows

Carrie at Southern Bride couldn’t have been more amazing. I was so honestly not looking forward to dress shopping but after about 30 minutes I knew I had found the right place. She was so supportive, encouraging and patient. She even picked the one!! Thank you Carrie and Southern Bride!

Profile Picture Carlie, 11/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Southern Bride was absolutely amazing. The staff is great at helping you look and feel amazing. Such a great experience. So worth my drive!

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride, Father of Bride, Father of Groom, Groom, Groomsmen
0.5

I have used this bridal store many times. Every time I go I am highly disappointed. I ordered my wedding dress July, 2017 and it is January 2018. and I still have not received my dress. I was told it would be here late December. In November, my bridesmaids dresses came in. I went to pick all 8 up and the girl behind the counter handed me them at once and sent me on my way. Both girls behind the counter, watched as a struggled to open the door to leave. Horrible customer service. Would not recommend.

Profile Picture Sarah, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I went to Southern Bride because I wanted the perfect bridal experience and my expectations were more than exceeded. Vicki is absolutely wonderful! I fell in love with a dress she picked out for my body type and it was something I never would have tried on in a million years. If you're looking for the perfect place to go and find the dress of your dreams, you need to check this place out. You will be more than thrilled that you did, I know I am.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Veils, Bride

I first went to David's Bridal knowing it's a big box stores if I dont find something anywhere else I could come back right? Well horrible experience in what to pick from, and service was not the best......next day was my appointment with Southern Bride!...and let me tell you how amazing it was!
From the point I walked in it was an AMAZING experience. I was asked about my appointment I had arranged prior, went through a couple of questions as to what I'm looking for and then it was off to looking around. The selection is amazing, it's like walking into a wonderland, I was walking on cloud 9.
I tried on my first dress and knew it was the one! To satisfy my mother I tried on a couple more but always came back to "THE ONE" much better pricing than the box stores.
Better people to work with, the day flew by because she made it so easy for me. Best place hands down for anyone looking for a stunning dress...I can't wait till my wedding day! My dress is drop dead gorgeous!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Alterations
4.7

I had a lovely time at Southern Bride and found one fairytale of a dress. I bought mine off the rack and they were having a sale so I saved a little bit for doing so. I also ordered my veil from them which came the wrong length but they quickly expedited the correct one for me and allowed us to return the other one. I tried on about 12 dresses, but the 2nd one I tried was the one!

Profile Picture Sydney, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Sample Gowns, Veils

Stopped in today and they were very busy and ran about 5 minutes behind for my appointment. Once we got started trying on I found 2 dresses that would have worked. I had a budget of $2000 and I ended up getting my dress + a sparkle belt for less than $500! Was fantastic to find an awesome dress and for a fantastic price too. Really enjoyed working with Southern Bride. They had a nice selection, were professional and I appreciated the budget friendly prices! We also used their in-house tailor for alterations and they were quick, professional and extremely budget friendly. She is a retired home economics teacher. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture User7643873, Recently Married, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Plus Size Gowns

For a small town bridal shop they sure did make you feel like a princess. I got there close to closing time and they didn't turn me away instead made me feel important and helped me pick out the best style of dress for my figure. Love the ladies here.

Profile Picture Crystal, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Southern Bride was simply wonderful! My daughter and I went there as a first stop in search for her wedding dress. Well, only three dresses later and we said yes to the dress!!! After my daughter answered just a few questions from the consultant, she selected the dresses for my daughter to try. The third one was just perfect!! Great at what they do and make you life so easy when it comes to wedding dresses! Thank you again Southern Bride!!
Donna

Profile Picture Donna, 4/21/17, 6 Reviews
3.4

Southern Bride did a great job with me when it came to helping me pick out the perfect wedding dress. I had the best experience for that part of working with them. However, when it came to getting my dress ordered, I waited much longer than the time I was quoted. When I called to check on my dress after I never heard from them during the time I was given, they were rude and short with me and told me it would be longer due to the holiday, where the dress was coming from, etc. It seemed both times I checked in there was a different excuse given. Finally, when I picked the dress up, it didn't even have a bag. They said they had run out but usually every bride gets a bag. I refused to leave until I got a bag, since I live with my fiance (now husband) and we have animals. They finally gave me a bag, but even admitted they took it from another bride. Their alterations were quoted at an extremely expensive cost, so I am so glad I did not choose to have them alter my dress.

Profile Picture Jessica , 4/15/17, 16 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Buying my dress was such a fun & easy experience thanks to them. Not to mention that their seamstress is one of the sweetest and most talented people I've ever met. She made my dress fit like a glove and in a short amount of time!

Profile Picture Katherine, 4/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Sample Sales, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I had an EXCEPTIONAL experience at Southern Bride! The other salons I visited were less than stellar and by the time I arrived at SB I was really stressed. Those ladies turned my whole day around! They helped me find the perfect dress, kept me informed at every turn, altered my dress to perfection, and made me feel beautiful. I cannot recommend them highly enough!!!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/22/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Vicki was wonderful! She helped me find a dress beyond my expectations!

Profile Picture sarah, 10/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After a not so pleasant experience at another Bridal store, I went to Southern Bride. From the minute I walked in, I felt like Royalty. Ms. Vickie sat down with me and listened to my likes and dislikes and what my vision was for THE DRESS. She helped me to choose several different options to try and was extremely patient. She knows her "stuff" and was honest about what she thought looked best. I would recommend this store to anyone searching for THE DRESS. I also plan on purchasing my daughter's prom dresses from here in the future. Thank you, Southern Bride.

Profile Picture Jana, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Southern Bride was so easy to work with from the beginning. My appointment was so much fun and they were willing to accommodate my large group that came with me. My dress came in before expected and alterations were a breeze. Highly recommend to any bride wanting the boutique, small town southern service!

Profile Picture Anna Rae, 10/8/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Tuxedo Rentals, Veils

I loved this dress venue and loved the small town charm that I am used to. I was helped by a few women with my dress and was able to make payments on it and even received a military discount due to my husband being active military. I would recommend this to anyone.

Profile Picture User4897093, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Wow! My appointment was everything I expected it to be and more! I live about 45 minutes away but it was TOTALLY worth the drive. The staff was wonderful and kept my ideas and view in mind while they were picking dresses but they also pulled a few that they thought would work with my personality and style. I am actually leaning toward the one they picked for me! I have already made my second appointment to hopefully make the final decision! I can't tell you how great it felt to be doing something so important and somewhat personal and having people welcome you in and make you comfortable as if you were family. I'm so glad I went here and I'm excited for every other bride that makes the phenomenal decision of wedding dress shopping at Southern Bride! Thanks guys!!!

Profile Picture Jori, 6/18/16, 1 Review
3.5

This shop was very helpful. I enjoyed my visit and would visit again. I however did not find my dress here. but would recommend it to anyone.

Profile Picture User5393394, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I absolutely loved working with these ladies. Everyone of the ladies working in the store made you feel like family. Vicki Hendrix is AMAZING! She took so much time getting to know me and know about my wedding in order to find a dress that matched every single element. She also spoke to my Steal Magnolias soul when I put on the dress that was perfect one for me! I never felt rushed or disappointed about not getting a dress that was my "ideal" when walking into the store. Vicki also was able to be honest with me about which dress styles flattered my body more than others.

Profile Picture Mindy, 4/30/16, 1 Review
2.5

Maybe I just drew the short end of the stick but I had an absolutely MISERABLE experience with Southern Bride! I would never recommend them! I had several MASSIVE issues with them. First, they ordered my wedding dress in the wrong color. I wanted my dress in ivory and they ordered it in blush. Talk about devastating when you go for your first WEDDING DRESS FITTING! Of course they reordered it for me, but they did not seem willing to expedite the shipping. Needless to say, I had to reschedule my bridal portraits. But what's more, is that I was waiting to order my veil until my dress arrived to be sure that the veil would match. So the ladies told me that they would hold the veil I was looking at until the new dress arrived so that I could borrow it for the portraits and then order it (or another veil) for my wedding. Well, when I went for my second first dress fitting (luckily the dress was correct this time), they sold the veil that they promised to hold for me and refused to pay for expedited shipping or give me a discount on the veil! UNACCEPTABLE! This meant I had to reschedule my bridal portraits again. All in all awful experience. I ended up loving my dress and veil and couldn't have imagined anything more beautiful, but they were completely unaccommodating and not at all remorseful for the massive mistakes that they made and how rough they made the process for me. I would do not recommend Southern Bride! The value is not worth the misery! This should be a happy experience and my experience was far from it!

Profile Picture Allison, 3/5/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Veils

These ladies were amazing!! I have never been happier! I said yes to my dress at Southern Bride. It was my first time trying on dresses, and they made me feel at ease. They spent 2 hours of individualized attention on me, and worked hard to create the dress of my dreams. I felt like a bride for the first time in their store! After visiting other bridal shops, and trying on 30+ dresses, I returned to Southern Bride to buy The Dress! They were patient, sweet, and cried when I cried! I love them and their shop! I highly recommend their store!

Profile Picture Anna, 11/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

The ladies at Southern Bride were so helpful in assisting me with picking out my dream gown. I was put in a dress that I NEVER would've picked on my own and as soon as I stepped into it I knew it was meant just for me. They did a great job listening to my vision, my preferences, and my feedback as I tried on different dresses and I could've never found my perfect gown without their help. Their alterations lady is also WONDERFUL and made my dress fit like a glove. She also added a beautiful three point bustle in the back. This boutique is a great place to go if you are in search of the perfect dress and the personal touch that you won't find at bigger bridal stores.

Profile Picture User4686233, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils, Bride
4.7

Southern Bride made choosing my wedding dress a breeze. It was easily the most comfortable shopping experience thus far. The first dress they chose for me, was "the one".

Profile Picture Erin, 10/24/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Loved working with the ladies at Southern Bride. Vicky made the entire experience so wonderful. Vicky was so instrumental in helping my daughter find the perfect wedding gown. The service was personalized and everyone made us feel like family. Highly recommend Vicky and her team

Profile Picture User5598582, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews