Southern & Adorn' Reviews

22 | Houston, TX

22 Reviews for Southern & Adorn'

• Alma

Alma · Married on 04/13/2019

Highly recommended!

I got married on April 13, 2019 and Pamela and Mollie worked their magic on me and my girls. I am from out of state, and all communication in the beginning were through emails and as the date got closer, through text. Pamela is super responsive and very flexible as our timeline for the day changed. There was a mix-up with the hotel parking and our hotel room so they were delayed in getting to our room, but Pamela kept me in the loop and reassured us that they were close.

Being from out of state, I didn't get to do a trial but that didn't matter. They made me look beyond beautiful! The hair and make-up enhanced my looks and nowhere did it change my appearance. You know when one rarely wears make-up and when bridal make-up is done, one looks completely different? None of that happened. Pamela and Mollie really listened to what we wanted. They were super fun too. It was clear they really wanted to know me and my girls. They also work really fast. We finished an hour ahead of schedule but everyone's hair and make-up was flawless!

Don't hesitate to book them for your big day!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Southern & Adorn''s reply:

Thank you Alma! We loved you and your girls. Best wishes to you and your husband. Stay in touch and let us know if you ever need anything ❤️

Jessica · Married on 04/30/2017

Pamela was a joy to book with and totally put me at ease even though because I live in California and was getting married in Texas wouldn't have time to do a trial before the big day! The good news is i didn't need one. I have never looked more beautiful and it is thanks to Mollie B and Annie and all of the ladies of Southern & Adorn. I sent a couple of pics and they executed the look while still making me look like myself. The issue I have found with most bridal make up pics I see online is that the brides look too glam or made up or trendy and Mollie was just the opposite. She gave me a look that was the best version of me - not someone who was totally overly made up. And my hair!!!! Serious princess time while also looking effortless and timeless. I didn't even feel the 7 extension pieces and 65 bobby pins that kept it in place no matter how hard I danced. They weren't satisfied until every girl in my party and my mom were happy with how they looked -- they were fun and felt like extended members of the bridal party with their happy smiles and great attitudes. They showed up on time and got everyone done BEFORE the deadline (how?!?) Just so you know I was nervous about the airbrush foundation but they matched my skin perfectly and then used the specific colors I brought blending them perfectly with their products. I will use them anytime I can if I know a camera will be present! Great ladies; great work all at a great price!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Morgan · Married on 10/15/2016

Made me and my friends feel incredible for my big day! Were able to perfect various looks! Love them!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Debbie · Married on 06/06/2015

I would absolutely recommend this company for make up. Jenelle was awesome. She went above and beyond our expectations. she even fixed my tan lines for the cameras sake. Thank you for making my wedding day a especially beautiful one.

Mrs. Wilson

Sent on 06/15/2015

Robyn · Married on 05/16/2015

loved all of our hair and make up. great team to work with. thank you southern and adorn

Sent on 05/27/2015

Kimberly · Married on 04/29/2015

Southern & Adorn' went above and beyond to accommodate me on my special day. Even driving 2 hrs to come to my location. Not only are they supremely talented, but they take great pride an care to help you look and feel your best. These ladies are the absolute best! I will continue to turn to Southern & Adorn' for all my hair and makeup needs.

Sent on 05/27/2015

The staff was very professional and quick at responding to my concerns.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Rebekah · Married on 01/13/2015

Southern & Adorn is a dream to work with, she was responsive and the hair/makeup was flawless...exactly what I wanted! She is now the only MUAH company that I use and continuously recommend them to my clients!!

Sent on 05/29/2015

This is a great company with quality products and talented hair/make-up artists. Heather completed my trials and wedding day hair and make-up perfectly. Anything I had even a slight concern about she worked on until I felt perfect. My bridesmaids were also "done-up" by this sweet team and looked stunning. All around it was such a fun experience working with them and I highly recommend their services! (I even have a friend using them in a few months!)

Sent on 03/28/2014

Marie · Married on 11/17/2013

Loved, loved, loved my hair and makeup for my wedding. I felt so beautiful for my big day. The staff was very kind and helpful. I felt very comfortable and had all my wants met.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Christina · Married on 09/07/2013

5 stars aren't enough! Southern and Adorn' completely came through for me and my wedding party on my wedding day. I had the best looking wedding party in the south! Highly recommend them for your wedding, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/16/2014

Samantha · Married on 05/18/2013

I just wanted to say thank you so much for making my day so much easier. I never had to worry whether somebody was going to call me back or email me back or if I had my schedule. Everything with this company is done very promptly. If that isn't enough to make your day easier then the friendly And talented girls who work for this company make it so wonderful to be around. Excellent price for quality work.

Sent on 06/14/2013

Macquel · Married on 02/24/2013

I so enjoyed working with you and your team. They were so friendly and made our stressful day enjoyable. Thanks so much!!! Macquel

Sent on 06/03/2013

Thank you Southern & Adorn!!! Your team is amazing, friendly and professional. My sister has already booked her wedding next month with you so you will be seeing me again. Heather, Mandy and Pamela will all be receiving a little something from me in the mail. Xoxo love you all! Thank you again for making my wedding day amazing.

Sent on 02/22/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

I'm so happy that I went with Southern & Adorn'. This team of ladies are the most helpful and friendliest group of girls and made my day so much fun verses stressful. My phone calls and emails were always answered promptly. I also made a few changes to my schedule and Pam worked really hard to make the changes necessary. If you are looking for quality and a great price with great people book with them.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Vicki · Married on 11/21/2014

My daughter treated her future mother in law and I with makeup applications at the venue. My makeup was flawless and lasted until I took it off that night.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Southern and Adorn was a great hair and make up provider for my daughter's wedding. My daughter used them for her bridal portrait as well as on her wedding day. They also provided services for many other members of the bridal party and myself. They were timely and professional and brought all the equipment that they needed to make all the girls even more beautiful than they already were. As far as for me, they really made me feel special and elegant. Nobody was overdone with makeup and everyone had their own unique hairstyle that was fitting for them. The grandma's of the bride even stopped in for a quick touch up on their hair and the Southern and Adorn girls were very accommodating and sweet to help them out and make them feel special. I would definitely recommend Southern and Adorn to any girl planning her special day.

Sent on 12/10/2015

Pam and her crew did a great job with our hair and make up. They were quick and efficient but cared that we were happy and willing to change a style of the girl didn't like it.

Sent on 10/21/2015

The girls, especially Mandy did a great job on both hair and makeup! My bridesmaids and both moms looked gorgeous! During my trial, Mandy did a great look but when it came to the wedding day I wanted to change up stuff and she was so open to what I had to say!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

Southern and Adorn was the preferred hair and makeup vendor for my venue. I use them for a trial, my bridal portraits, and day of for me and 10 others. I was really happy with my stylist, Jenelle. She did a great job and was able to re-create things I liked from multiple different pictures. The airbrush makeup looked perfect on everyone. The only thing I was disappointed about was that I had paid extra to have an additional stylist due to the large number of services being done on my wedding day and 1 stylist showed up 2 hours late. We finished on time to get on the bus but only because the bus was late after dropping the groomsmen off.  It was hard to get in touch with them via email.

Sent on 10/02/2016

P · Married on 05/05/2013

3.8
      3.0

When placing reservation for hair booking I was advised of fee for overage of mileage distance to be no more than $15. how ever I was charged $ 27. Not a big difference but still was inaccurate information.

Hairstylist was on time and notified me when she was on her way. The photo that was emailed to person that sends out hairstylist to best suit you and what you want did not advise my hairstylist the details of what I wanted and the photo I wanted my hair to look like with the finish look. Also, the important fact that she was also having to work with a wig and I requested someone that had that type of experience. Hairstylist worked very hard to try and accomplish this for me , but it wasn't the outcome I had hoped for in my son's wedding pictures.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Southern & Adorn''s reply:

We are truly sad to hear that you did not like the style of your wig. During your phone consultation you were advised and said that you understood that we had never styled a wig, you were told that our artists were are all licensed and had been in the wedding industry at lease 8 years and that we would do our best to get the right style for you. You then said that you were fine and flexible especially since you were not being charged at a bridal rate. I also recall on the day of your sons wedding that we were the only vendors who had called you to let you know that we were on time and you thanked and repeated how happy you were that we were the ONLY vendor who called you. The artist was also given your instructions from you. If given the opportunity we would have done everything to make sure that you were happy. I also wanted to let you know that an estimate is an estimate for the shipping. You were in a hurry for the first conversation due to your travels, so by the time you emailed the correct address you were told that it was a few dollars more from the ESTIMATE. Your artist assured me that when she left you, "you all had a great time and Patricia said she was happy with outcome" .