South Wind Ranch Reviews

South Wind Ranch 7
  • Marie

Marie Majarais Mcdonald · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Perfect Venue!

Our wedding at South Wind Ranch was perfect. We wanted a beautiful spot that would be welcoming for our out of town guests and kid-friendly. The space and the property is gorgeous. The kids had such a good time and we LOVED how comfortable we were in the Guest House. Everything is beautifully done and every detail was on point. Ron is awesome to work with and we have enjoyed seeing his vision of the space come to fruition (we booked pre-construction). He and Ashley are so accommodating and made everything very easy for us.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    South Wind Ranch 8
    South Wind Ranch 9

Martie Bisson · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Perfect! Highly recommend!

We have been SO impressed with this venue! A cut above anywhere else we have toured. Ron and his mother are absolutely lovely and have made the experience painless thus far. The grounds are GORGEOUS and they have thought of everything to make both the wedding party and the guests feel comfortable. We cannot wait to have our big day here!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Ansley

Ansley · Married on 10/05/2019

South Wind Ranch is a dream!

We are so excited for our upcoming wedding at South Wind Ranch. Ron and Ashley have been so incredibly sweet! The venue speaks for itself. It has such a warm and peaceful vibe. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 03/24/2019

Hayley Mattox · Married on 09/21/2019

Rustic barn/ranch with beautiful views and caring staff

This place is absolutely GORGEOUS! When I toured, I new it had to be our spot. Ron has been easy to work with and so kind, which is hard to find these days! It is evident that his primary goal is to provide the best experience for his guests. SWR has is the perfect place for everyone on your guest list to enjoy....I can’t wait to have our celebration in September, I know it will be an event never to be forgotten!

Sent on 03/12/2019

South Wind Ranch's reply:

Thank you so much Hayley! You're awesome and we can't wait to host your special day! Safe travels as you go from Tampa to Greenville. We are here for you!

Morgan Holcombe · Married on 08/10/2019

The best venue

My fiancé and I have been impressed and blown away by SWR since the first time we saw it. The location is great & the venue is beautiful! Ron and Ashley are amazing, and they have helped us more than any other venue would have!

Mama G · Married on 07/27/2019

Magical Weekend

My daughter and her husband had their reception at South Wind Ranch in July 2019. Both Ashley and Ron were so easy to work with. We had 265 guests and they made it happen. The outside patios were great to accommodate the larger crowd and the cocktail hour, The venue was transformed by the florist, it had a natural elegance feel, it was a beautiful location with the lake and the sunset. The bridal party did not use the house, but the groomsmen were able to utilize the property and the house to shower (and they loved it). All of the guests had a great time. Also a big shout out to Ashley for managing both the wedding ceremony, which was held off site at a church in Greenville, and the reception at Southwind.

Sent on 08/09/2019
    South Wind Ranch 15
    South Wind Ranch 16
    South Wind Ranch 17

South Wind Ranch's reply:

It was a great time! Thanks so much! Mama G you made it happen too! The Venue looked stunning! It was a team effort!

Kelsey Paulus · Married on 07/14/2019

So Personal!

I booked South Wind ranch for my wedding before they even opened. Ron and his team were so friendly and inviting, and I could tell that they really wanted to personalize everything to create the best possible day for me and my future husband! Ashley has been such a joy to work with. The whole process has been fun and as stress free as it could be thanks to them! The venue is beautiful and offers a variety of unique experiences that I couldn’t haven found anywhere else. I’m so excited for our day!!

South Wind Ranch's reply:

Awe thanks Kelsey! We plan to make your day very special! We appreciate the kind words! Are you coming to our Bonfire Party Saturday?

Amy · Married on 07/13/2019

Best venue ever

Ron and Ashley were the best to work with. They were very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire planning process up to our special day.

Sent on 07/22/2019

South Wind Ranch's reply:

Thank you Amy! We had a blast hosting your special day! You are now a part of the Ranch legend! All the best!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely amazing!

South Wind Ranch was the perfect place to get married. When we toured the venue there were aspects that were still not completed. However when talking with Ashley and Ron we could see the vision and were sold on this site. We also used Ashley as our day of coordinator and she was awesome. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone. Views are breath taking!

Sent on 04/05/2019
    South Wind Ranch 18

Naomi Mallard · Married on 12/30/2018

Wedding gift

Ron and his staff are great and worked well with us. The place is absolutely beautiful! It was an incredible day for our wedding and a lot of that reason was due to South Wind Ranch! We are so thankful for them!

Sent on 05/29/2019
    South Wind Ranch 19
    South Wind Ranch 20
    South Wind Ranch 21
    South Wind Ranch 22

South Wind Ranch's reply:

Naomi & Daniel! You are your family were awesome to work with! Thank you and congratulations! You were a beautiful bride!

Debra · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful and Accommodating

I had my wedding at South Wind Ranch on 11/17/18. Ron and his team went above and beyond to make sure my day was perfect. I booked with South Wind before it was built. I had faith the Ranch was going to be as beautiful as I envisioned and it superceded my expectations! The reason I chose South Wind is because of three things:
    1. It offers views for amazing pictures that other venues lack.
    2. Ron’s team is committed in working with you throughout your journey from booking to wedding day. Ron helped me with things that were not required but did so because he cared! This makes the process very eas!
    3. The size of his barn is much larger than anything else in the area. This was important to me because I had a hefty guest list.

If you want a beautiful venue and someone easy to work with, do not hesitate in booking with South Wind!

Sent on 12/04/2018

South Wind Ranch's reply:

Thank you Debra! That was sweet! Your team did an awesome job! You and your family were great to work with also!

Phyllis Vanallen · Married on 11/14/2018

Spectacular venue

I was a wedding guest at South Wind Ranch on November 10th. This venue has a lovely wedding chapel situated above a picturesque pond. The setting sun made the perfect backdrop for the 4:00 ceremony. A few hundred feet away sits the huge barn with both an indoor and outdoor fireplace. (The fireplaces were truly enjoyed on this chilly day.) This venue is the perfect setting for a country-rustic wedding although I can see sterling silver and fine china there as well. Don't miss this wonderful setting just minutes from Greenville.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Bill Blandine · Married on 11/10/2018

South Wind Ranch - Excellent.

Though new, the potential for this venue is amazing. With a separate chapel, and large barn, South Wind Ranch offers both indoor and outdoor wedding. The owner, Ron Hakala, was incredible, helping wherever he could during setup and takedown. He was incredibly accommodating, and always had a smile on his face. He's one of the best vendors I've worked with, and am pleased to call him a friend. Rustic, shabby chic, or elegant, this is the place to hold your wedding.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Anna Blandine · Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing as Mother of the Groom

After viewing and meeting with several Venue Owners. This was by far the BEST. The views and accommodation are excellent. The Bridal Suite is far above any you will find. The owner Ron goes above and beyond your expectations. To make your wedding experience perfect.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Shelley

Shelley · Married on 03/29/2013

Beautiful Place to get Married

We are planning my daughters upcoming wedding in October and Ron and Ashley have been GREAT! We also hired Ashley as a wedding planner and she has been top notch! I have had zero worries because she is handling it all. They also have a large list of venders they work with. Any questions we have had or concerns Ron has handled it immediately. He even went to the local hotels to works deals for our out of town guests..
    we are very excited for my daughters big day and can’t wait to host her special day here. 💕

• Ginelle

Ginelle · Getting married on 03/28/2020

Ron was wonderful to work with! He is so flexible! He told us all about the place and answered all the questions we had thoroughly and was up front.

It’s a beautiful place. Ron is so easy to work with, he is flexible, and he wants it to be about you! I can’t wait until we get married and get to spend the weekend there! He even invited us back for events held there and made us feel right at home!

Katelin Bridges · Married on 10/06/2018

1.4
      3.0

Do NOT recommend

Nothing was finished for my wedding. There was mud every where! The owner of this venue made me so many promises about what this venue was going to look like for my wedding day and sadly all those promises were broken. He is very unorganized. I had to remind him about getting my deposit back.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Hey Katelin,
    I hope you and Andrew are doing well in your new home. You caught me by surprise as I did not realize you were unhappy. Your wedding was 8 months ago, it was our very first grand opening wedding and yes things were crazy as we scrambled to comply with building codes, inspections, etc to complete our venue in time for your wedding. We got a final CO on Thursday, with your wedding that Saturday! I admit, we were compromising a bit but I had committed the date to you and I wasn't going to let you down. Again I apologize that we weren't perfect and yes you booked your wedding from architectural renderings, as nothing was built yet and you had a experience the barn and chapel as our "first guests". I'm sure I also relayed to you that our Chef, a close dear friend, had passed away the week before your wedding. That rocked our world! Chef Andy was an integral part of our team at that time. I hate that you harbored these feelings for 8 months. On the security deposit we state that it is refunded within 2 weeks. I refunded yours 7 days after your wedding. We had 30 days to get our venue finalized before our 2nd scheduled wedding event. As you see we have created a very special venue for brides, grooms, and guests to experience. I'd love to have you come stay in our Guest House when you are ever back in town as my guest and see how far we have come. Again I am sorry you had to be our first test and that we came up short in your eyes. Respectfully,