South Seas Island Resort Reviews

South Seas Island Resort 4
South Seas Island Resort 5
South Seas Island Resort 6

Victoria · Married on 06/07/2018

Malissa was absolutely wonderful to work with! She was very responsive and even moved our site the day of to give us a little more privacy. The resort is beautiful and gave us everything we wanted for our wedding.

ROSEMARY · Married on 05/24/2018

South Seas resort exceeded my expectations. The rooms are clean and have great views. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. I am counting down the days until I can return!

anna · Married on 05/22/2018

We recently had a sunrise elopement in south seas resort, at sunset cove. It was just perfect, we are already planning our return for our anniversary. We are from the UK so was a little worried initially about planning etc, but as soon as Malissa got in touch with us we were put at ease straight away. She was very knowledgable, and very responsive to emails. She called us as soon as we arrived at the resort to go over everything, and welcome us. On the day she had a very Calming nature, and made sure everything went to plan. I would definitely get in touch with Malissa if you're planning a wedding at south seas! She's the best!

Megan · Married on 04/21/2018

This venue was beyond amazing! There was a slight issue after Hurricane Irma hit, but they went above and beyond to make our day unforgettable! All of our guests had an amazing time, and we're even planning an annual trip with everyone back to South Seas!

Lauren · Married on 06/09/2017

My husband and I got married earlier this month at Sunset Cove on the beach and held our reception outside at King's Crown Lawn. It was absolutely perfect and everything we had envisioned fell into place due to the planning and coordination with Rhonda. We visited the resort late last year and knew immediately that this was the place we wanted to get married. Rhonda assisted us with planning and coordinating every step of the way, she answered all of our questions- big and small and helped guide us thorught the entire process. The setting of the ceremony and the reception are unparalleled, if you are looking for a beautiful setting, this is it. Our friends and family loved the resort and plan to return in the future, as do we. Thank you Rhonda and South Seas for making our day so special and beautiful.

Heather · Married on 05/19/2017

We got married at South Seas in May and it was even more than I ever imagined! Rhonda was amazing to work with and JoAnn was as well. All of our guests enjoyed the resort and some even extended their stay. They were willing to negotiate with us which was really nice. The food was amazing and the venue we used (Kings Crown Lawn) was absolutely beautiful! I would recommend this venue to anyone whether you are having a small or large wedding. It is by far the best resort on the island. There is a trolley on the resort so for guests flying there is no need for a rental car! We will for sure be going back at our anniversary!

Mary · Married on 04/08/2017

Outstanding in every way. Couldn't have been treated better.

Jennifer · Married on 02/20/2016

South Seas as a venue, is absolutely stunning! I have been vacationing at South Seas since I was a little girl and always dreamed about getting married there one day. We had our rehearsal dinner and ceremony outside on the beach and Kings Crown Lawn respectively, with our reception inside Kings Crown. To say our special day was a dream come true, is an understatement!

What made our day even better….was getting to work with our wedding coordinator Kelsey. She literally made the impossible, possible (and multiple times!). Words cannot describe how amazing she truly is. She is kind, sweet, calming, patient and professional. I could not dream of planning our wedding without her and I know our wedding would not have been the same without Kelsey. I only wish all brides were lucky enough to work with Kelsey and I cannot thank her enough for everything she did for my husband and I before, during, and after our wedding!

Timothy · Married on 12/13/2015

South Seas Island Resort is a perfect place for destination wedding. Their catering managers are top notch and we were blessed to have their director Rhonda Decherd taking care of every detail. Their banquet and catering staff are very attentive and never overbearing. Every last person at the resort made us feel like we were the only guests on the island.

Maite · Married on 07/19/2015

I have loved working with Rhonda! She has been wonderful and has done her best to accommodate our requests for our wedding day so far. We love the South Seas and have stayed with them for the past six years. Their resort is absolutely gorgeous and the King's Crown location where we are going to have our cocktail hour and reception is truly breathtaking romantic. I would absolutely recommend this vendor!

Sent on 03/02/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Hello, Maite. It's been a pleasure working with you so far, and we are looking forward to welcoming to the resort for your celebration.

Dir of Conference Services and Catering, South Seas Island Resort

Tricia · Married on 06/07/2015

South Seas is absolutely as beautiful as the pictures on their website, especially of the King's Crown Lawn, which is where we had planned to have our wedding ceremony and reception. Every person we came in contact with was beyond helpful, friendly, and generous. For example, when we went to pick up the top tier of our wedding cake the day after our wedding at the reception location, the director of catering asked what we planned to do for the day. After we told him we were thinking of having brunch and some mimosas, he got us mimosas to send us off with!
    I do not envy our wedding catering manager, Kelsey, for having to break the news to the occasional bride that her wedding ceremony/reception has to be moved indoors from its planned outdoor location due to weather. She had to do that with us for both our ceremony and reception due to a thunderstorm that blew in at the last minute. But she is such a pleasure to work with, and really cared about making our wedding day go as smoothly and as perfectly as possible, that the news did not seem as terrible as it might have otherwise. It also didn't hurt that our backup indoor location was the King's Crown Dining Room, which was recently renovated and is just a lovely, simple backdrop for a wedding. We had the best possible wedding day at South Seas and a spectacular time during our stay. I would highly recommend this venue to future brides for their destination weddings.

Sent on 06/13/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials, Tricia. Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort and allowing us to be the backdrop of your big day. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. We wish you all the best in your new life together.

Susie · Married on 05/09/2015

South Seas Island Resort
    We worked with Kelsey at SSIR on my daughter's wedding, and what a doll Kelsey is! No detail was too small for her to attend to and complete! Additionally, the service by Eric at check in / check out, by Neil throughout the weekend, and by various other staff including security, accounting and housekeeping was truly exceptional. Not only did they respond to an emergency, but after we checked out, ensured three important items left in the Villa or lost were either shipped or personally delivered to a remaining member of our party. We LOVE SSIR, and its Staff - thank you for a weekend of a lifetime!
    Room Tip: We loved our Lands End Villa for its spaciousness

Sent on 07/06/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Hi, Susie, and thanks for sharing your experience at South Seas Island Resort. We're delighted to read of the exceptional service you received throughout the weekend. Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort and we wish Lindsay and Matt a wonderful life together.

Dir of Catering, South Seas Island Resort

Elizabeth · Married on 04/28/2015

On April 28, 2015, my fiancé and I were married on the Kings Crown Lawn at South Seas Island Resort. Our special day was beyond perfect. The venue was stunning and the food was exceptional. The lawn was spectacular and the inside of the Kings Crown had just gotten brand new hard wood floors and chandeliers which looked beautiful. As for the food…..during our tasting months before, we enjoyed several fantastic options. Of course we wondered if when served to 100 guests the food would be just as good...well I have to say it was. It was AMAZING in fact. Two of the three entrée options included steak and I had several guests comment that their steak was as good as if they were in a 5 star steakhouse. Everything from the hor d’oeuvres to the dinner were presented beautifully and delicious. Also, it was a plated dinner and everything came out on time-the staff was wonderful, they never missed a beat.
    The day was perfection due in large part to the efforts of the South Seas Island Resort staff. While the entire staff was exceptional I have to point out our wedding coordinator at the resort- Kelsey Holloway- in particular. Over a year ago my parents, fiancé and I were in Captiva looking for a venue. At the time Kelsey was working for one of those venues. While we ultimately decided South Seas was the ideal spot for our wedding, I remember Kelsey making it a tough decision because she had made such a positive impression on me. When my Mom and I were later told that there was a new wedding coordinator at South Seas and her name was Kelsey I was very hopeful it was the Kelsey I loved from my prior visit to this other venue. It turned out to be Kelsey Holloway and my first impression was correct. Kelsey was professional, attentive, patient, accessible, calming, organized and a complete delight for my mother and me to work with the entire time. She worked well with our vendors and went above and beyond to ensure our special day was perfect. We loved her and South Seas!

Sent on 05/13/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials, Elizabeth! Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort to host your wedding and allowing us to help you begin your journey together. It brings the entire South Seas team great joy and pride to know that we are helping make dreams come true, and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

Again I thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort, and we look forward to your return.

Bonnie · Married on 04/28/2015

South Seas Resort made my daughter Elizabeth wedding a dream come true! She always wanted a island wedding and this was perfect. After a year of planning a huge storm hit the island 4 hrs. before the ceremony. The ceremony had to be moved inside.
    At 4:30 the skies cleared - Kelsey Holloway the event planner at South Seas came to us and said if we wanted they would reset everything up outside, including the decorated wedding arch. They did and Elizabeth had her dream wedding right on time!! The rest of the evening was beautiful. The dinner was perfect, all 85 filets were perfectly cooked, the chef and his crew did an incredible job.
    We could not recommend the professional staff at South Seas enough and especially Kelsey Holloway she was exceptional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 05/17/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your daughter's wedding celebration. We are delighted to hear that we made her dreams come true. Congratulations to the bride, groom, and families and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Caroline · Married on 04/25/2015

South Seas (along with Kelsey, the Catering Sales Manager) was amazing from start to finish. Our wedding dreams were made a reality, and I would highly recommend this venue to anyone. We received many compliments on the food at both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding, and each venue (Sunset Beach Luau and King's Crown Lawn) was perfect. We ended up having 105 total people at our weddding, and I am confident each person had a great time not only at the resort, but at each of our events.

You will not be disappointed should you choose to marry at South Seas!

Sent on 05/06/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Hi, Caroline! Congratulations on your recent nuptials - we wish you all the best in your new life together. Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your destination wedding. I appreciate you recognizing Kelsey in your comment - she has done a great job making wedding dreams come true. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Director of Catering and Conference Services, South Seas Island Resort

Jami · Married on 03/14/2015

South Seas is the perfect location for a wedding. The entire staff went a over and beyond to make our wedding more than we ever dreamed it could be. The food was outstanding! Our guests complimented that it was the best wedding and reception they had attended.
    We even had to move the wedding up to 3 weeks away and the staff could not have been more accommodating. Our experience could not have been better!

Sent on 03/26/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations, and thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your wedding. You were a pleasure to work with and we're delighted to read that you and your guests enjoyed your time with us. We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back for anniversaries and vacations.

Dir of Conference Services and Catering, South Seas Island Resort

Monica · Married on 03/14/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at South Seas Resort in March of 2015. The staff was wonderful to work with - our catering sales manager, Kelsey, kept in constant communication with us, especially as the date got closer, to make sure that we had everything we needed. We wanted a specific setup for our reception tables, as well as the ceremony chairs, and everything was setup exactly as we requested. The catering staff did an incredible job of preparing the food for both our welcome dinner at Sunset Beach the night before, as well as the delicious buffet during the wedding. Kelsey was on hand the day of, finding some club soda at the last minute to get a stain off of the train on my dress, as well as having items like tape and scissors on hand while I was getting ready. We got married at Kings Crown Lawn, which was a site I fell in love with when we were venue searching. We had a destination wedding, and we wanted to have the ceremony near the ocean but without the issues that come with sand, and we definitely didn't want to have our reception in your typical banquet hall. Kings Crown was perfect, with the lawn area overlooking the ocean, and the Plantation House being right there for the cocktail hour/reception. I would highly recommend booking your event at South Seas Resort.

Sent on 04/03/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for choosing to celebrate your destination wedding at South Seas Island Resort. We enjoyed the opportunity to work with you and your husband for your 3.14 wedding. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

• Mrs. Coon

Lauren · Married on 03/06/2015

We absolutely fell in love on our first visit to South Seas and knew hands down it was the place we wanted to be married. We worked with Rhonda and she made all of our wedding dreams come true. We planned the wedding from afar and she was always very responsive even with all of the other weddings she has going on! With questions from the food, style, locations, weather, and budget, I felt like I always knew what was going on and that she would give me her honest opinion and help! We are still getting rave reviews from guests about how beautiful the island is and how the service and food was amazing at the wedding and all weekend. Thank you again to SSIR and Rhonda!

Summer · Married on 12/13/2014

Our wedding at South Seas turned out to be the most beautiful event we could have imagined. We signed our contract over a year in advance so I had plenty of time to ask a million questions. Between Jennifer, Lexie and Kelsey - all my questions were answered. The resort was so festive for the holidays, it added that extra 'wow' for all of our guests that really can't be beat. We had a minor issue with double-booked space for the Welcome Party but they came through with an even better location that was perfect for our guests. Everyone raved about how beautiful the wedding was and loved coming for a Christmas Vacation to such a beautiful resort. Even our native-Florida friends and family were wowed by this hidden jewel and said its a weekend they won't forget. I recommend this venue for a picture perfect wedding weekend, especially if you want an outdoor wedding ( ceremony and Sunset Cove and reception at Kings Crown) and even better if you have it during the boat parade and the holiday stroll! This really was the wedding of our dreams :)

Sent on 12/28/2014

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials, Summer. Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your destination wedding and sharing your experience. We're glad we could exceed your expectations and we wish you all the best. We hope to see you again for many anniversaries to come.

Dir of Catering & Conference Services, South Seas Island Resort

From beginning to end the staff was friendly, welcoming, and extremely helpful. Given that this was a destination wedding for us, the catering sales manager was very flexible and made sure that all of our questions were answered in a timely fashion. She was patient, professional, and responsive. She also provided an excellent list of recommended vendors that were all outstanding. The food was great, and the staff was fantastic and very helpful with catering to specific food requests and allergies. We would highly recommend this wedding venue!

Sent on 01/08/2015

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials and thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your destination wedding. We're delighted that we could assist you in making your wedding an unforgettable experience. We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Dir of Catering and Conference Services

Elizabeth · Married on 11/23/2014

LOVED my South Seas Island resort wedding weekend!! It was more than perfect and they were soo accommodating and helpful!! I would definitely recommend pairing this location with Weddings by Socialites wedding coordinator as she can save you a lot of money :)

Sent on 12/01/2014

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations, and thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your destination wedding. You were a pleasure to work with and we wish you and Austin all the best together.

Dir of Catering and Conference Services, South Seas Island Resort

South Seas made by wedding weekend absolutely wonderful! I was very lucky to have Lexie as my coordinator. She was so wonderful, great to work with, flexible, professional, and EXCELLENT at what she does! We had both our rehearsal and reception out at the resort and Lexie made sure everything was perfect! She had great ideas, she was organized, always responded to emails and calls promptly, and most importantly she made our wedding PERFECT. I could not ask for a better experience. I would recommend south seas and Lexie to everyone! Or weekend was hectic with a lot of rain, but Lexie had a back up plan to everything. Everything was perfect from the venue, food, dj. We are over 3 weeks out from our wedding and are STILL getting calls and text about what a wonderful venue and how DELICIOUS the food was!! thank you to south seas and to Lexie for making our wedding everything and more!

Sent on 10/13/2014

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials! Thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort and we wish you all the best together.

Dir of Catering and Conference Services

Kate · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I just had our wedding at South Seas and we could not have imagined anything more perfect. While the scenery speaks for itself, the staff, the planners, and the catering were all fantastic to work with and made the whole process enjoyable. Our coordinator Lexie was with us throughout the entire process and answered every question we had. She guided us through the tough decisions based on her experience and led to a perfect wedding ceremony and reception. The options they offer including golf carts, sky lanterns, corn hole tournaments, alternative venue sites due to weather, and stringer lighting options are just a few of the many reasons that make this an ideal place to get married. We 100% recommend having your wedding here!! We strongly recommend taking advantage of the preferred vendor list too!

Sent on 07/09/2014

South Seas Island Resort's reply:

Congratulations on your recent nuptials, and thank you for choosing South Seas Island Resort for your wedding celebration. We are delighted to read of your experience with us and wish you and Chris continued happiness.

Director of Catering, South Seas Island Resort

Bridget · Married on 05/25/2014

I truly love this this florist. I had a destination wedding. I had to do all of my arrangements the email, phone and Internet. Dalia and Libby went out of their way to make sure that every single detail was done properly.Most of all, they stayed within my budget. True professionals.