South Gate Manor Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Dianne R. Getting married on 02/04/2022

Highly Recommend

Everything from the food, to the owners, to the staff, to the decor and ambiance was absolutely fantastic! All the guests were raving about the wedding! South Gate made my daughter and son in laws wedding an absolute dream come true! We highly recommend them!
  • Ronald
    Ronald L. Married on 12/09/2020

Mel and Ed

Absolutely beautiful in everything. It was truly more than I expected. Very well handled, Service was more than outstanding, Food was second to none. My only regret is not having a second daughter to do this again. My hats off to everything and most of all Thank you all for a wonderful event.
    Samantha K. Married on 11/29/2020

Look No Further for Your Wedding Venue!

Getting married? Stressful. Getting married during a pandemic? Even more stressful! Thankfully, we chose South Gate as our venue and our experience was absolutely phenomenal. Matt, Chris, Stephanie, Bobby and Vanessa went above and beyond to ensure that our day went smoothly, as we had planned and hoped for it to be. I was so worried about certain details and I was so pleasantly surprised when I arrived and everything was already taken care of! The venue itself is breathtaking and the outside ceremony landscape is perfect for first-look photos and sharing intimate vows. We decided to have a cocktail-style wedding with endless food and drinks all night long instead of traditional dinner. Everyone LOVED the amazing variety of food and we have received so many fantastic compliments about our wedding even months later!! Seriously, the food is out of this world, especially the variety! The most important part about South Gate Manor is that they only have ONE wedding per day, which means the staff was DEDICATED to serving us and us only. We feel so lucky and blessed to have had the BEST experience with South Gate Manor.
    Jean G. Married on 02/04/2020

50th Wedding Anniversary

This past Sunday, we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary at South Gate Manor. You, the entire Marino family, put the place in our hands for a customized festivity. And what a job it was! Everything was perfect. Chris and Mathew who handle the banquet did everything we asked and then some. Brian, who handled the video was fantastic, Stephanie, the florist, couldn't have been better. When Bobby (the best maitre d ever) took us to view the ballroom on our own, before the quest were allowed in from the cocktail hour, we were speechless. It was a vision come true. The Venetian hour was as our guests expressed "over the top". We would not have changed a thing for the evening. A special thanks to SGM for allowing us to include all the special stations of food that we wanted, for setting up for two bands so we could have music at all time, to allowing special request for flowers and for ending up with a dream of a life time. We will never forget this evening and better yet neither will our guests. So many have expressed that they have never been to such a wonderful affair as this was. So we will end with saying one big thank you to all of South Gate Manor. Love you all, Jean and Jose
  • Valerie
    Valerie Married on 10/26/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better experience

An absolutely amazing experience! From the beginning, Matthew was clear, informative and attentive to any questions we had. Anytime we had a question or sought advice, we received a prompt response.

Our wedding day was better than I dreamed it could be. From the moment I arrived, it was clear that my only job for the day was to enjoy my wedding. David was a wonderful bridal attendant and took care of any details I had, while our Maitre D' Chris was fantastic at keeping everything moving and on point. They also made sure I ate -- I didn't want to be a bride who didn't eat! Every staff member helped make our wedding memorable, and I felt like I was living a First Class life for a day.

Our guests raved about the venue and the food, and we're still receiving compliments about it. We're so thankful we went with South Gate Manor, and I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else.
  • Zach
    Zach L. Married on 08/11/2019

The Perfect Day

My wife and I had an amazing day at South Gate Manor. Everything was perfect. We kept thinking if there was anything we would change or wanted differently and couldn't think of a single thing. The food was incredible and the service was top-notch. Our highest recommendation to anyone who wants to use this venue for their big day.
    Meredith Married on 07/12/2019

Above and beyond our expectations!

The South Gate Manor went above and beyond our expectations to make our wedding day perfect. From beginning to end, we could not have been more pleased. My husband and I have received endless compliments from our guests about the delicious food (from cocktail hour to the main course and dessert stations) to how lovely the venue was. The owners were outstanding, as well as the chef and team that made the day spectacular. Matthew/Chris were quick to respond to inquiries, details and changes. We knew from the start that we were in great hands. The wedding crew assigned to us (Bob, Lizette, David) did a fabulous job making sure we were organized and on time. They took care of everything and checked in on us often to make sure we had what we needed so we could fully indulge and enjoy our day. Without hesitation, we highly recommend the South Gate Manor for making our BIG DAY a very memorable one to keep forever. THANK YOU!!!!
  • KirstinKevin
    Kirstinkevin Married on 07/03/2019

Best Wedding People Have Ever Been TOO

If I could give SGM 10 stars I would. My brother had his prom at this venue and said to me when he came home you need to have your wedding there. A year later I was engaged and we looked at this venue and fell in love. We looked at a lot of venues and nothing compared to South Gate Manor. This is family run and amazing. We were told before and after we booked our wedding there by people "best wedding I've ever been, too" "phenomenal food" "great service" from all ages. And that is what we got for our wedding. My husband and I were so impressed. Our day was perfect and anytime we turned around we had the staff at our sides with food, drinks, bouquets, and whatever else we needed. Exceptional staff - (Bobby (Maitre D) & Lizette & David (our bridal attendants). Thank you Matthew, Christopher, and Stephanie (M2 Floral & Event Design) for making our day perfect.

Photos Taken by Forever North Photography - another great 10 star vendor
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 06/15/2019

Most amazing experience!

South Gate Manor was an absolute dream! From the moment we met with Matt and Chris they made us feel at ease. Anytime I would get a little stressed, they ensured me things would be perfect, and they were right! From the food to the service, to the amazing atmospheres they create, it truly was a magical day. Everyone I spoke with who attended the wedding couldn’t stop talking about how amazing the food selection was. From the spread at the cocktail hour to the endless desserts at the venetian hour.
    Another wonderful thing was having the matradee and bridal attendee right next to us the whole day. It made me feel so comfortable. From the moment we stepped off the bus, they were there to hold my hand and my dress. If something silly or small happened they were right there to take care of it. Earlier in the evening, before cocktail hour I was getting my hair redone and had been running around all day and was so hungry. My matradee made me sit down with napkins and spoon feed me as I got my hair done. He went above and beyond to ensure I eat and enjoyed myself. At the end of the night I spilled something on my dress and before I could even ask for a napkin, he was on his hands and knees cleaning my dress. These silly little things really made a different of the day to make sure it went perfect. I would gladly host another event here or recommend to a friend. South Gate team you are amazing!!!!
  • Deana
    Deana Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful Venue & Delicious Food

South Gate Manor was the perfect venue for our wedding for so many reasons. First off, Matt and Chris were so easy and amazing to work with. They created the perfect menu from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert that incorporated all of our favorite things. The venue and outdoor grounds are absolutely beautiful and look amazing in our photos. Matt and Chris were so accommodating throughout our entire planning process and really helped us make our evening so special. The day of the wedding, bridal attendant Lisette and maitre d Bobby were so incredibly attentive to our every need and were so helpful the entire night. The food was top notch and incredibly delicious. Food was a very important aspect to us and we were so satisfied with everything. Our guests (many of which were hard to please Italians from Staten Island & Brooklyn) raved about the food for days following our wedding. We wish we could re-live our night at South Gate. Thankfully, we will be attending a wedding there as guests in December and we cannot wait!
    Rosemarie I. Married on 05/05/2019

Wedding of our dreams

5/5/19 best day ever!
    The staff at Southgate Manor was absolutely AMAZING! From the moment we walked in and met Chris and Matt we were blown away! The entire wedding planning experience was amazing with them! So easy to work with and Accommodating every step of the way! The hall itself is breathtaking , and the FOOD to DIE for ! The cocktail hour the dinner the VENETIAN! My phone has been going off for days with great reviews about it! Everysingle person that works at southgate made our day so amazing, not one complaint. Bridal attendants were on point and didnt leave our sides, our bartenders, waiters coatcheck valet everysingle person! Chris ran the show that night not only as the owner but as the
    Maitre D and he was amazing. His staff told us all night what great people the Marino's are to work for and that was so great to hear because it truly showed!
    Thank you so much for making our wedding everything we hoped for and MOREEE!!!
    - The new Mr and Mrs Auletti
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 02/16/2019

Magical, Enchanting, Perfect

My husband and I have nothing but praises for South Gate Manor. South Gate Manor was the first wedding venue we visited and the last. We knew after our first visit it was our venue. A big selling point was that they only do one wedding at a time. This was amazing because the detail and attention they gave us was unbelievable. Chris, Matt, and Stephanie were more than accommodating and helped us every step of the way to make our wedding vision come true. We have guests constantly texting us telling us how perfect our night was and how amazing all their food was. To top of the day out Maitre D and Bridal attendants were angels. From bustling my dress, organizing family, and making sure my husband and I always had a drink in our hands. Thank you to the staff at South Gate Manor for giving us the wedding of our dreams.
  • Diana
    Diana S. Married on 12/01/2018

Absolute dream come true

My husband and I had our wedding reception at South Gate, and are still on cloud 9. Chris and Matt made the entire process so easy. They were so quick to get back to us with all of our questions, worked with us to make sure our day was as perfect as we had envisioned. The day of was a complete fairy tale. Chris text me the morning of, which I am almost positive most owners would not do, and that set the tone for the rest of the day. From the time we arrived at South Gate, the maitre d and bridal were absolutely phenomenal. Our drinks were always full, and anything we could have needed, they were already right there with it. Everyone always says be prepared because something will go wrong, but after our experience I have to say I disagree, because not one thing went wrong! We could not be happier with our decision to choose South Gate!! Thank you guys so much for making our fairy tale a reality!
    Daniela G. Married on 11/10/2018

Amazingly perfect!

Joseph and I got married on November 10, 2018, Chris, Matt, Bobby (maître’d), Jennifer (the bridal attendant) and the rest of the Southgate Manor staff were absolutely amazing. SouthGate Manor was the first and only venue we visited because the moment we walked in we knew it was the place we wanted to get married. From the moment we walked in last September, Chris Marino treated us like family and royalty and that continued through to our wedding and even afterwards. Their level of professionalism and attention is top notch. Both Chris and Matt were in attendance on the day/night of our wedding, which was amazing and made us feel so special. Bobby was incredible, and a bustle genius. He is very professional but also very down to earth which made it easy to get along with him. Before we could even ask for something, Bobby already had it on the way or already there for us. Jennifer, well she was an angel sent from above. She was my right hand and helped me with everything and anything, even after the wedding was over and her duties to me ended – she helped me change out of my wedding dress. We cannot say enough amazing things about Chris, Matt and the rest of the team. The food was awesome from cocktail hour to the Venetian hour. All our guests raved how amazing and delicious the food was and how attentive the staff was through the night. The next day and even today, we are still getting phone calls, and text messages from guests telling us how great the venue is, how good the food was and how excellent the service was at SGM. We’ve even had guests ask us to throw another party there! It was truly a magical night and we cannot be any happier with our choice in our wedding venue. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect and be more than what we ever expected, and dreamed of.
    Anthony Married on 11/02/2018

Perfection.

it’s hard to explain how amazing chris , matt, Bobby and the rest of the amazing staff were at my wedding this past Friday. The level of professionalism the respect and the attention to detail can never be matched. From the moment we walked in over two years ago to book to the moment we left at the end of our wedding we were treated like royalty. And not just us as the bride and groom. But all our guest were raving about the staff and the owners and how they treated everyone. South Gate manor is the only way to go when booking a wedding. I could go on a write another 600 or 6000 words but I don’t think I need too. Lol. Chris , matt, Bobby. Thank you for making our wedding more than what we expected,wanted and dreamed of.

PERFECTION.
    Tara Married on 10/20/2018

Unbelievable wedding venue!!

South Gate Manor truly made our wedding day absolutely perfect with their professionalism and personalization to our wants!! Chris made us feel so comfortable from start to finish! Out of the 10+
    Wedding halls we looked at, South Gate Manor surpassed them all with its elegant look, ballroom, outdoor area, cocktail room and bridal/groom suites and bang for your buck! We loved that they only have 1 wedding at a time and had no concern about most of our guests having a seat during the cocktail hour. We had our ceremony at SGM and they were more than accommodating for all of our needs. The staff including our bridal attendant and Maitre D were available and by our side the entire day from hours before the ceremony and until the very end of our night!! The wait staff was unbelievable as well!! The food from the cocktail hour was unforgettable, especially the fresh mozzarella station!! The options for dinner were abundant and each meal was fantastic. The Venetian hour was beyond incredible with an enormous amount of choices. Family and friends are still raving about how amazing the food was from start to finish and how well the wedding went overall!! The bacon egg and cheeses to go were a huge hit and a delightful end to our happily ever after!! Thank you so much to the SGM management & staff at South Gate Manor for making such a memorable wedding day for us!! We would highly recommend SGM to everyone and encourage you to add the Venetian hour as it was the best we’ve ever had!

Tara & Steve 10.12.18
    Ally Married on 09/08/2018
    My husband and I just had our wedding at the SGM. Many of our guests have reached out to tell us that it was one of the best weddings they'd ever gone to! The food is wonderful and the ballroom and cocktail hour room are beautiful. The maitre d' and bridal attendant were wonderful and so helpful on the day of our wedding. We are so happy we chose SGM as our venue! Also, we used Stephanie Marino, SGM's preferred florist (M2 Floral and Event Design). She worked so hard on our wedding florals and made sure they were set up perfectly at our church and in the ballroom.
    Alexa Married on 08/03/2018
    I really don’t know where to begin with this review... Our wedding at South Gate Manor was above and beyond anything we ever could have dreamed of! The only was to describe the day was perfect. Chris, Matthew, Bobby, Stephanie (for flowers!) and the rest of the team are just amazing! The venue is beautiful, the service is exceptional, and everyone raved about the food! They made the process stress free for us and we cannot thank them enough!! I would highly, highly recommend booking your wedding at South Gate Manor. It is pure perfection!
    Kathleen Married on 07/27/2018
    We've attended a wedding at South Gate Manor in spring of 2017 which was an absolute blast. The hall is big and beautiful. The food for the happy hour and entree courses was delicious. And of course the Venetian hour was the perfect way to end the night. Everyone raved about that wedding for months afterwards.

Needless to say, we were interested in this venue for our wedding. At first we didn't think we were able to afford it, but Matt offered us rates we couldn't refuse. He and Chris were very helpful throughout the booking process. We engaged in many calls leading up to the wedding where we talked about everything, such as vendors, payments, food and drinks, scheduling, etc. They have lots of experience with weddings, so they proved to be very helpful with the process. And they only host one event at a time.

Everything went very well on the day of our wedding. Just like the wedding we attended last year, the food for ours was delicious. The venue and lighting was stunning. Most importantly, all of our guests shared how attentive the staff was. Unlike most halls, the servers took everyone's orders at the time of and asked how they want their meals cooked (most venues I've experienced don't ask you how you want your steak or fish cooked). On top of that, they took down everyone's preferred drink of choice, and kept serving refills when they were getting low. This saved many trips to the bar, and was such great customer service that none of us expected.

Overall, it was a great time. The food is delicious, venue is beautiful, dance floor is huge, and the price is right.
  • Leanne
    Leanne Married on 07/20/2018
    I am not even sure where to begin. We are BEYOND thrilled with our wedding at South Gate Manor. From the moment we booked the venue until the very end of our reception everyone there was amazing. Chris and Matthew were extremely helpful and accommodating leading up to the wedding, answer all of my MANY bridal questions. They were even both there on the night of, which was FANTASTIC. Bobby the Maitre'd was INCREDIBLE. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him and his team. From the moment we arrived at the venue for pictures, he made us feel like royalty. No detail was too small and no part of the night was forgotten or not planned to perfection. The food was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The cocktail hour, many courses during the reception, and dessert were raved about by all of our guests. So many people throughout the night and days after were telling us what great service they received from every South Gate employee. It was truly a magical night and we cannot be any happier with our choice in Wedding Venue. If you are looking for the best night of your life, look no further, South Gate Manor will provide you with nothing but the BEST.
    Nicole Married on 06/23/2018
    Where do I begin? We just had our wedding at SGM last night and I am still on cloud 9. This place is unbelievable. They totally exceeded my expectations in every way. I have been getting calls and texts all day long about the food, the incredible service, and everyone saying this is the best wedding they’ve ever been to. The venetian hour! Oh my god the venetian hour! We were BLOWN away. My guests can’t stop talking about it. No one has ever seen ANYTHING like that!!!! Last but not least...Bobby and Jennifer. They are truly outstanding and there are no words to justify how unbelievable they really are..you just have to experience it. Anything we wanted or needed they made it happen. They were always right there next to us, they became our best friends for the night!! We literally felt like family. I am so happy we chose SGM for our wedding venue because I have never been so happy in my life. It was perfect in every single way imaginable. Thank you to the staff for making our wedding night so magical. It’s a night we will never forget!
    Colleen Married on 06/21/2018
    Bobby and his team went above and beyond the call of duty to provide fantastic service! The venue is beautiful and the food was delicious and plentiful. Cannot praise Bobby and his staff enough. Thank you for all your hard work to make a special day stress-free and enjoyable.
    Michael Married on 06/10/2018
    This place is unbelieveable... we were supposed to have an outdoor ceremony but it rained... they had an amazing setup for the indoor ceremony... The food is amazing... the service was incredible... highly recommend.
  • Jaime
    Jaime Married on 06/10/2018
    The staff at the South Gate Manor was excellent. The food was so outstanding that my out of town guests thought the cocktail hour was the wedding reception. Everyone ate and drank to their hearts content all night long! Beautiful cocktail hour space and reception room. Can't say enough about the fantastic job they did! Thank you again!!
    Erin Married on 06/02/2018
    I can't thank South Gate Manor enough!! They were so responsive, professional, and accommodating. Our wedding was incredible - Chris was so helpful from the very beginning. On the night of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about a thing. The venue was beautiful and the food was amazing. We received so many compliments from our guests, we couldn't be happier! Highly recommend this venue!