South Carolina Aquarium Reviews

32 Reviews for South Carolina Aquarium

• Julia

Julia · Married on 01/26/2019

Unbeatable venue!

The SC Aquarium was the first and only venue we considered for our wedding. It was such a unique experience for guests and had such a great atmosphere at night. I also loved knowing that our money was going to a good cause! The team of event coordinators at the aquarium is very responsive to questions and were extremely helpful throughout the planning process! The event package with an extra hour of time and the Photo Booth was worth every penny!!!

Sent on 02/12/2019

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

We loved having our wedding at the Aquarium about a month ago (ceremony and reception). Our guests still cannot stop talking about how unique and fun the venue was! I highly recommend it. *Special Tip* get the animal interaction package. Everyone loved being able to hang out with Pippin, Cyde, Liberty and the other special guests during our special day.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Alix · Married on 09/30/2017

What an amazing venue! After getting hurricaned-out at our outdoor venue the prior year, we chose the SC Aquarium and couldn't be more thrilled with how our reception turned out! Cocktail hour on the patio was absolutely perfect - at sunset, overlooking the harbor with perfect weather. We had multiple guests tell us the Aquarium was the best venue they'd every been to! It was so great that all of our guests could explore the entire venue during the reception. I can't say enough great things about the Aquarium or their staff! If you're looking for something different the typical venue, go with the Aquarium! Truly a one-of-a-kind venue!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2017

EVERYONE loved this venue! I picked the aquarium because this venue enabled me to get creative and not have the same boring Charleston wedding. The staff worked with my off the wall requests and were wonderful. My bridal party was late to the rehearsal, they were flexible. My florist needed to start working earlier than vendors were allowed in, they were flexible again. I am very happy I chose the South Carolina Aquarium and recommend it to anyone with a large number of wedding attendees.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

My wedding at the South Carolina Aquarium was amazing! The staff was friendly and accommodating. Nicole was able to answer any questions I had in a timely fashion. The view for the ceremony was incredible and my guests loved being able to walk around, enjoy the exhibits and interact with some of the animals via the animal encounter. I highly recommend the aquarium I am forever indebted to them for my extraordinary night!

Sent on 09/26/2016

The SC Aquarium is one of the most amazing venues in Charleston! You cannot go wrong! We had a wedding with about 215 guests and it was perfect for a station style with informal seating. Large or small guests will be blow away! The SC Aquarium staff was wonderful!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Pam · Married on 05/14/2015

Planning an event at the SCAquarium was made very easy and comfortable because of the wonderful, responsive event managers. All of my questions were answered promptly and throughly. When a problem arose with one of the viewing tanks they brought us in for a preview visit to ask us our opinion for a solution. The beauty and cleanliness for the facility was a great choice for us. Providing a staff educator who circulated among our guests with chosen reptiles and birds, was a treat to all our guests, young and old.
    Our sincere thanks to Bryan, Nicole and the lovely responsive staffer on duty that night, Catlin.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/10/2015

Everyone was great to work with and listened to our concerns. This is a beautiful place to have a wedding. 100% rememberable and breathtaking views for amazing photos!

Sent on 05/19/2015

We held a small wedding in the park outside the aquarium and then the reception on the lower level of the aquarium itself, and we couldn't have done either without the expertise and help of Bryan and Nicole. They worked with us throughout the process and the ultimate result was unique and memorable. Thanks to all!.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Shannon · Married on 03/07/2015

This was a perfect venue for our wedding and we were extremely pleased with the service we received and the beauty of the location. All our guests loved the venue, and the children definitely enjoyed watching all the sea life in the tanks. It provided a beautiful backdrop and felt very comfortable for a fun party!

Sent on 04/18/2015

Amy · Married on 05/17/2014

A lovely venue for our Friday night welcome dinner before the wedding. The staff was professional and responsive. And it was just a lovely, unique venue

Sent on 12/15/2014

Lynn · Married on 04/05/2014

We reserved the Harbor Deck/ Executive Ballroom for our April wedding and it was the perfect choice! The staff was very helpful and great to work with. We had a huge request for our pictures and they made it happen for us! I would recommend this venue for anyone wanting a wonderful memory!

Sent on 04/29/2014

South Carolina Aquarium's reply:

Thank you for the 5 Star review. Our rooftop venue was a great place to host intimate events. Due to some renovations, we are no longer able to use this space an event venue.

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2013

Having our wedding at the SC Aquarium was a dream come true! Samantha and Brian were true professionals and made it very easy to plan our wedding. They were very responsive to all of our questions, and helped us find mutually acceptable compromises for things that we wanted to do (flower petals, tables placements, etc.) The venue itself is breathtaking, and you couldn't ask for more awesome dance partners - fish, sharks, turtles, lemurs - OH MY! The outdoor veranda was so gorgeous at night and provided the perfect backdrop for our photos. We absolutely adored the SC Aquarium and HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!

Sent on 04/04/2014
  • Patryce

Patryce · Married on 09/01/2013

The SC Aquarium is definitely the place to have your wedding! Samantha and Brian were amazing! They made sure that all my requests were accommodated and that my wedding was one to remember. The only thing that I would change is that I wish I had known that there was another wedding going on, on the roof of the venue. This would have allowed us to better coordinate some of our vendors. However, they still provided stellar service because my guest had no idea there was another wedding happening around the same time. Awesome Job!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

South Carolina Aquarium's reply:

Thank you for the positive review. We had such a great time hosting you that evening. I apologize for any communication breakdown regarding another event that evening. Soon after your wedding date, we decided to close our other rental option. Moving forward, we only host one client per evening.

Tiffany · Married on 05/26/2013

Having both our ceremony and reception at the SCA was awesome! Our guests loved the uniqueness of the venue and how much fun they could have exploring the exhibits. My husband and I did not want a traditional setting and we got just what we wanted. The backdrop for our ceremony was awesome, overlooking the river with the Arthur Ravenel Bridge in the background. The service they provided was great, and I would recommend them to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Mandy · Married on 05/04/2013

We had our Ceremony & Reception at the SC Aquarium. It is a fabulous place to have an event. Our guest were speechless at how magnificent and unique the venue was.

The entire staff at the aquarium are very helpful and always there to answer all of our questions and are as accommodating as possible to our every request.

Sent on 05/19/2013

Taneka · Married on 06/16/2012

The best place to have a wedding!!!

Sent on 02/08/2013

Sarah · Married on 01/15/2012

Wonderful Venue! I was worried at first about separating the tables for our 250 seated guests between floors, but we have heard NOTHING BUT COMPLIMENTS! Each room is so unique and wonderful that it was just beautiful and encouraged walking around and movement. A real plus for a wedding. And a big thank you to Samantha for all her help. Did I mention it was WONDERFUL? :)

Sent on 02/19/2012

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2011

We had a small wedding, just 65 guests and we choose the third floor terrace and executive room of the South Carolina Aquarium. Everything turned out so beautiful and perfect! I was able to choose my own vendors and they worked great with them all. There was a great backup plan in case it rained, thankfully it did not. However it was a little colder than we thought, so we were able to add heater braziers the day of the wedding and it worked out perfectly! Everyone stayed warm when they were outside as long as they were close to a heater, but it still was wonderful! The price was great and the view was amazing! Can't get a better deal in downtown Charleston!

Sent on 11/27/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/24/2010

We had our wedding and reception on the third floor terrace. So lovely. The view is AMAZING!! It was raining on our wedding day, but we still had the wedding outside on the terrace. I didn't want to miss the view. The space is easy to use, and get to via an elevator. You don't see any of the actual aquarium, but you do see the bird sanctuary and the top of the tanks. Restroom facilities are nice and there is a seperate one that can be used by the bridal party. Holly is so very easy to work with and there are lots of spots around the grounds to take photos. All in all a fun wedding location.

Sent on 04/28/2010

Katie · Married on 03/12/2005

They allow us to take our photo there

Sent on 10/14/2008

Kathleen · Married on 10/12/2013

The location is beautiful and Samantha was very helpful. I scored them 4.5 on flexibility due to the fact they have some limitations on decor and such in the interest of their animal safety. As it IS an aquarium, we totally understood that. However, it is something one would want to be aware of when booking a venue.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I are both scuba divers so when we found out we could get married at the aquarium the venue choice for our wedding was a no brainer. We loved being able to have our ceremony and reception at the same location and the uniqueness of the venue is something our guests will always remember. Although renting out the aquarium was more than we originally wanted to spend, we saved by also using it for the ceremony venue and we didn't need a lot of flowers/decor because they supplied the fish! Nicole was great to work with every step of the way and made sure all of our questions/concerns were handled quickly.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Joanne · Married on 10/27/2012

The SC Aquarium is absolutely gorgeous! I can't think of a more beautiful venue to have a wedding reception in!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Katherine · Married on 08/18/2018

I am so glad we chose to have our reception at the aquarium! It was fabulous! It's such a unique venue and all of our guests were super excited to attend (and had a wonderful time)! Margaret was so easy to work with and open to any and all questions. Every picture we have inside and outside are beautiful, as it is such a beautiful setting. It's a unique layout and it does take some manipulating of tables, chairs, band but I think you can make anything work. We had 200 guests, partial seating, cocktail tables, 3 food stations , bars and band downstairs and there was plenty of room! It's a quick turnover time, which can seem stressful, but with a good team, everything was ready to go on time! Would highly recommend booking at the aquarium!

Sent on 08/23/2018