SoundWave Reviews

146 | Key West, FL

146 Reviews for SoundWave

Sarah · Married on 11/06/2015

Honestly, when I first started planning my Key West wedding I wanted to have a live musician play the ceremony and reception. However, I wound up booking Soundwave for DJ services for the ceremony and reception and could not have been happier with this choice. Jimmy was our DJ for the evening and he was an absolute pleasure to work with that night, as well as throughout the planning process. Communication was mainly through email, and I received a few forms that I had to submit prior to our event so he knew what kind of music to play, as well as any special songs we wanted for the ceremony and reception. Jimmy worked with me through the entire process and played everything we wanted! Our ceremony went off without a hitch and his transition from the beach, to the garden, to the actual reception deck was seamless. He really was able to read my crowd and got everyone dancing by the end of the night. I'm not sure I could have picked a better DJ for our wedding, and I highly recommend him (as well as the others at Soundwave) to anyone who is looking to have a Key West wedding. The services were reasonably priced for what we received; we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Katie · Married on 10/24/2015

I chose Sound Wave Productions based on their website and recomendation of the Westin Key West Resort where we had the event. Jimmy put me in touch with Kevin "Spyder" Wright. I couldn't have been happier with a DJ! Spyder was so much fun and kept us dancing all night long. He also handled music for the ceremony. My fiance and I were never very traditional, so we wanted tropical music played even for the wedding march. Spyder had a great calypso wedding march that fit perfectly. From the Beach Boys and Kenny Chesney to PCD and Kottonmouth Kings - he has it all! Even if he doesn't have it, he will download it on the spot for you. Per our guests, "This is the only wedding that everyone stayed and danced until they kicked us out!" It's all courtesy of Spyder! We can't thank him enough!

Sent on 07/15/2009

Tori · Married on 09/25/2015

Jimmy and Joanna are amazing to work with! Initially, I wasn't going to go with video but Joanna talked me into it. I haven't seen the video yet but knowing that I almost didn't document the best day of my life, I can't believe that decision came across my mind! Their personalities are amazing! They have high energy but aren't over the top/on top of you and they really get to know your likes and dislikes! I didn't want any cliche wedding songs played (even though Shout was lol) and Jimmy listened! I also didn't know if I wanted to do the Polish Bridal Dollar Dance but he said to just let him know if I'm feeling it and he'll get it going. Our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Christina · Married on 09/06/2015

I had actually booked another DJ for our wedding reception but for some reason I felt the need to keep searching on-line and kept going back to DJ Jimmy's website. I started this wedding process thinking I knew everything and that it would be easy to pick the best vendors and as I got closer to our wedding date I started to realize just how important it is to find likeminded people who share your vision, personality style and want to make you happy.

2 weeks before our wedding I cancelled our contract with our original DJ and crossed my fingers that DJ Jimmy would have the date available and be able to take our wedding on. Well... the odds were in our favor and with it being a holiday weekend, we were able to sign a contract and plan everything from the unique wedding party intros to exactly what I wanted and needed for dinner and dancing music so quickly.

I had already hired his sister-n-law and wife a year earlier to be our photographer and videographer and have to say that the flow of the photos, video and music was seamless!! Check out their family affair package!

When the big day came he was spot on and kept the energy up for our reception and kept our guests on the dance floor which is very hard with the majority of our wedding guests having 2 left feet! We all danced the night away and I couldn't of been happier with my last minute change and the professionalism and energy of DJ Jimmy with Soundwave!!

He also provided my uplighting which I highly recommend as it adds a great feel and atmosphere to the room!

You won't be disappointed!!!! Thank you DJ Jimmy!!!!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

Can't say enough great things about SoundWave! The customer service was fantastic - they were even able to make last minute changes to one of our major songs just a couple of days before the wedding without any problems! They played great music throughout the wedding - The whole time there were people on the dance floor having a great time! They were able to play all the songs requested by the crowd, even some very unique requests (my brothers requested for them to play a Game of Thrones soundtrack song and we all thought it was so great they were able to play it!). Everyone knows the DJ is the life of the party (they either make it or break it) and SoundWave made it a great night, many people were saying it was the best wedding they had gone to!!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Leigh · Married on 08/31/2015

We went with their Family Affair package that included, Pictures, Video, DJ and Wedding Planning. It was great to have one vendor provide a majority of our needs, they exceeded our expectations, we highly recommend!

Sent on 10/06/2015

After researching quite a few DJs I decided to go with Jimmy at Soundwave. It was the best decision ever! He felt out the crowd and played whatever was keeping people on the dance floor. We only had 15 people at the wedding but with the energy and dancing it felt like much more. The ceremony music and first dance/father daughter dance were exactly what I picked. He made our special day fun and exactly what we wanted. We also used his wife Joanna for video and she was such a pleasure to work with. I would 100% recommend Soundwave!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Sherri · Married on 06/21/2015

Jimmy & Joanna are fantastic to work with!! Jimmy had our entire wedding crowd involved and it was a blast!! Joanna on video was fabulous!! She captured so many great moments!! She even put out a mini version within the first couple of days for all to enjoy!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND this dynamic duo!!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

We used sound wave for our wedding this June and we have nothing but great things to say! My husband did a VERY DETAILED list of songs and we sent them over before hand and We couldn't have been happier with the way the evening went. Sean was our DJ and he was great about getting the wedding party in line and into the reception and making the rest of the night run super smooth between the speeches, cake cutting and bouquet toss and such. Sound was great, we heard all the songs we wanted too and got everyone our dancing and had such a great time! I was in contact with Jim beforehand and he was also great with communication and making us feel at ease and making everything run smooth! Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Lisa · Married on 05/30/2015

Our wedding planner recommended Soundwave, the reviews online were great and we decided to book with them. We were able to fill out all the forms of the type of music we wanted, I left a lot up to the DJ in the forms as I really wasn't that picky, I knew I did not want any organized dances (cupid shuffle, electric slide) but we wanted to dance the night away. Right before the wedding we finalized the specific songs, our cake cutting song was not even a song we were able to find anywhere but on YouTube, but they found it and were able to play it.
    Day of the wedding: I can't say how awesome Shawna was! Absolutely amazing, she was high energy and was dancing with us and was nothing but spectacular. She shared her name with my Matron of honor and I think they became BFF's during the reception. One of the best parts of the night was when she played the DOOP song. We didn't think about playing it before the wedding, but our friends had the song on their phone, she just plugged the phone in and played it right from there. It meant so much to us and we didn't even realize how perfect that song was for the night. She took plenty of selfies which we thought were hilarious and she danced with the flower girls most the night on the deck. She also kept an eye out on me to see when I wanted to move on from the first dance, and the dance with my dad. Could not have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Chelsea · Married on 05/24/2015

What makes a wedding? The atmosphere and quality of people in attendance! SoundWaves really is the best DJ service on the island - they helped create the fun and lively feel that we were looking for. They were so helpful throughout the planning process (dealing with my dozens of last minute little changes!) they were fun, our DJ made us feel comfortable and relaxed (introductions were great!) AND it was a party! Our dancefloor was full all night - she played the best music. Thanks for being an important part of our special day!

Sent on 06/17/2015
  • User5194552 · 2+ years ago

My husband is a scratch turntablist by trade, a full time DJ and producer in life, and is now in his 23rd year of this career. He knows his shit when it comes to DJs and thus I set him on course for finding the perfect vendor for us.

After doing a bit of online research, he stumbled upon a few options and gave his favorite, SoundWave, a call. Jeff spoke with Jimmy (one of the owners). He was so helpful over the phone and thus from afar. The SoundWave team overall was very professional and their pricing was on point. They had their song choice forms sent within a few hours of signing the contract, and when I was unsure about how to change up the special dance schedule (to change from ceremony dress to party dress), he provided great insight and advice.

Jimmy ended up DJing our wedding himself. He was super down to earth, listened to our hopes and dreams of building our own setlist and then when we realized our guest list included a large population of 60+ year-olds, we realized beyond the special dances, the reception music wasn't really for us. These people flew down to party with us – the least we could do was let Jimmy do his job and play the hits to please the crowd and get them moving.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Michael · Married on 05/02/2015

We recently had DJ Sean from Soundwave at our wedding. He was awesome, played all the songs we requested and played the genre's we love the entire night. He coordinated every event in a perfect timetable and he got a great feel for the guests and their preferences and played right into it. We couldn't have asked for any better DJ then Sean, thank you so much for an amazing job and we would highly recommend him and Soundwave to anybody looking for the best DJ's on the island!!!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Seanna · Married on 04/26/2015

We used Soundwave for our wedding in April of this year in Key West at the Sheraton Suites. It was perfect!! We booked the ceremony music for the beach at Smather's Beach, Cocktail hour in the garden and the reception on the deck. They coordinated it perfectly. Our DJ Shauna was INCREDIBLE! She even came to the dance floor and danced with us during a couple songs. Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Maggie · Married on 04/18/2015

We had DJ Shawna at our wedding on April 18th and she was absolutely AMAZING!!! She took the time to speak with us via email and phone calls prior to the wedding to get to know us and what music we like. She played all the music we requested…even some old school Spanish music for my parents.

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 04/11/2015

We used Soundwave (DJ Top Jimmy) for our April 11th wedding reception at The Reach, and could not be happier with our decision. We had a musician for cocktail hour and the transition was flawless. We provided a few must have songs, and he did such an amazing job reading the crowd. We had 47 people total with a wide age range, and he had everyone on the dance floor all night. We would highly recommend Soundwave and only wish that the night could have lasted longer.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Carolyn · Married on 03/14/2015

Sound wave was recommended by our planning company, surprise in paradise and I couldn't be more thrilled. Dj shawna was FANTASTIC! She was incredible fun right from the start. She made great recommendations when it came to some awkward family moments with the groom and mom dance, when we found out last minute that his step mom also wanted to dance. She played everything we wanted, and everything that I didn't know that I wanted as well. It's like she read my iPod. Literally none of our guests could leave the dance floor. Thank you so much for a wonderful night!!!

Sent on 03/18/2015

Kathy · Married on 12/07/2014

Jim and his team were amazing. We so loved our DJ, Shawna. She was perfect for us and prepared so well for our music requests. Everyone one of our guests were so complimentary of her and her personality and how she aimed to please everyone. Shawna ROCKED!!!!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Michelle · Married on 12/07/2014

Joanna could not have been better! She captured every little moment on video without feeling intrusive! Her personality and energy are infectious and she is just so fun and comfortable to be around! She also surprised us and emailed my husband and I our highlight video just two days after the wedding!!! It was so wonderful to be able to watch it on our honeymoon together!! Joanna was the best videographer we could've asked for!! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Everyone there was so nice to work with. Ed who did the actual filming was very kind. He moved around without being noticed, taking just a few minutes with us after the ceremony to allow us to get back to our guests quickly. He was a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Angie · Married on 08/02/2014

DJ Sean was amazing, our dance floor was full all night. Ed was our videographer, equally amazing. I highly recommend using Soundwave if you are in need of a DJ in Key West. They are AWESOME!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2014

James and Joanna are the most amazing team. They went above and beyond for us and we are so honored to have had them on our wedding day. Their energy and professionalism mixed with fun and laughter made the best time. Jim really worked with us down to the last song to make the music as personalized as we could get it. Our ceremony was flawless and everything we hoped for came true. Joanna really captured us and our joy and everyone happiness. We are so very blessed to have found sound wave!!!! It was like we were working with old friends and family

Sent on 07/29/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/06/2014

My husband and I are from New Jersey and chose to have our destination wedding in Key West, Florida. I chose SoundWave as our DJ based on wedding wire reviews, Facebook videos of wedding receptions Dj'd by SoundWave, and a positive review from a bride who had used Jimmy at her wedding recently. We could not have been happier with our decision to have Jimmy as our DJ!!! I spoke to him on the phone to get an idea of his style and from our first conversation, he was super friendly and easygoing. He answered emails quickly, returned phone calls, gave suggestions for songs when we could not decide, and seamlessly tied together our musical requests. His no-fuss attitude made my husband and I feel comfortable and confident in his abilities to get everyone up and dancing all night at our wedding..and that is exactly what happened! His flawless transition from the mother/groom dance to 'Happy' got every single guest out of their seats and dancing the night away! He played an array of music genres and made the event a huge success. We cannot thank you enough Jimmy for being so easy to work with and so great at your job. Thanks again for a night to remember!!!

Sent on 06/21/2014

My daughter and her future husband hired Spyder to be their DJ for their reception, what a wonderful DJ, he was very professional & he kept everything moving the entire night. The moment he started playing music for guests to dance, they were up and dancing. I do not think that there was a time that the dance floor was empty! His choice of music was spot on, we had guests that ranged in age from 78-5 years old and Everyone was up dancing until the very end of the reception.
    I hired Joanna to do the video for my daughter's wedding, as this was a destination wedding we had events planned every evening. Joanna was able to customize a package for me that allowed us to have her for our Welcome Dinner, Catamaran Booze Cruise and the day of the wedding . She was great and the guests loved her! Joanna was professional and blended in so at times you did not even know that she was there filming. Everyone of our guests were excited that the events were being filmed and have asked me about getting a copy of the video when it is finished. Do not hesitate to use Soundwaves of Key West, they are great and worth it. Love you guys!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Pamela · Married on 05/03/2014

I am so completely happy with our choice to use SoundWave for our DJ services. They were responsive from the beginning and organized all the information we gave them incredibly well. The music was FANTASTIC and people danced right up until the venue shut down. Also, not being incredibly well versed in the order of weddings myself, our DJ was excellent at giving us cues for speeches and such to move the night along in a timely fashion. We are 100% happy with our choice!

Sent on 05/07/2014