SoundWave Reviews

146 | Key West, FL

146 Reviews for SoundWave

Pamela · Married on 12/04/2016

DJ Shauna was our DJ and she was amazing. From our music requests she was able to chose more songs to compliment our tastes. Jimmy was very responsive both by phone and email when we had any questions. I would highly recommend them for your next event.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Gene · Married on 10/15/2016

We hired Jim to be the DJ for our recent reception at Sheraton Suites. He was awesome in every way; a truly top notch DJ. There's not really much more to say. If you're getting married in Key West and want an excellent DJ, this is the guy you want.

Sent on 10/31/2016

April · Married on 10/09/2016

We worked with DJ Jimmy to coordinate logistics ahead of our wedding. He was super responsive via email and made sure everything was set for the big day. DJ Shawna was our wedding DJ. She provided support for our outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. She did an amazing job of keeping the party going all night long. Friends and family kept the dance floor filled. She rolled with the punches and providing the perfect soundtrack when an unexpected dollar dance materialized in the middle of the dance floor. She was also great about accommodating requests from our guests. We loved working with DJ Shawna and can't recommend the SoundWave team enough!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Cassie · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I hired Jim to dj our wedding reception.. from the time we met him he was nothing but a pleasure to work with! He kept the crowd going and played every song we had requested, I would refer him anytime!
    Cassie

Sent on 10/02/2016

diane · Married on 08/23/2016

Jimmy is amazing! He is so much fun and played great music! He knew exactly what my group wanted to hear to keep them dancing! And I know that wasn't easy because we had a small group and many don't dance. It was a blast! My guests had so much fun at my wedding this week! I think he is fantastic and highly recommend him to everyone!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Jocelyn · Married on 07/22/2016

We hired Jim and Joanna as our DJ and videographer. I cannot recommend them enough! Joanna has the BEST personality and makes everyone feel at ease in front of the video camera. Her husband, Jim was also an awesome DJ. He kept the music at a comfortable volume during dinner and knew exactly when to crank it up for dancing. He has the ability to naturally direct the wedding reception to ensure everyone has a great time. Overall, I would definitely recommend to hire them both for your wedding!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Sam · Married on 07/22/2016

The day before our wedding, we caved and rented tents in response to the forecasted rain. The morning of our wedding, we called the tent company and asked them to come take the tents down, because the forecast had cleared up. We should have known--after paying $1000 for wedding tents that wouldn't make it to the wedding--that rain it would. And it did. This could have been disastrous for us, but it wasn't, in part because of DJ Shawna's awesomeness. Once the rain started, Shawna's tarps and raincoat came out, and the music continued without a hiccup (with a 100% the rain-themed playlist). And as soon as the rain stopped, the tarps disappeared. We wanted a low-key DJ to set the tone for our event (no announcements, no special dances), and DJ Shawna responded perfectly. She played all the songs we had requested in advance, she played perfect songs in between, and our guests all raved about her the morning after. Since our wedding, DJ Shawna has established her own business, however, and you can find her at frenchiekeywest.com.

Sent on 10/22/2016

Jaclyn · Married on 07/16/2016

We hired Jim as our DJ and could not have been more happy with his services. He has a great personality and is fantastic at reading the room to provide the optimum set-list. We would recommend Soundwave to anyone, and if you aren't convinced than check out his amazing company van. I was sold as soon as I saw it :)

Sent on 09/20/2016

Emily · Married on 07/14/2016

We initially hired Jim Cooper from SoundWave to be our DJ, but then after talking to him and his wife, Joanna, who is a Videographer, we decided to choose one of their packages which included both of their services for the ceremony and reception as well as uplighting for our July 2016 wedding. We had 6 hours of video including highlight, so Joanna met us at the ceremony and had shots from us getting out of the limo and doing our pre-ceremony photos, guests arriving, the entire ceremony, and the entire reception. Jim had a great set-up for the ceremony as well as the reception. He played music as guests arrived and also had a wireless lapel microphone so that our guests could hear the officiant loud and clear. Jim was able to take all of our song requests for each of the different parts of the day and use them to figure out what else we would like- he did such a great job that the whole night, we didn’t request any songs- he kept everyone on the dance floor! We were so glad that we chose to do the video, too, because it was so much fun getting the short preview and then, shortly after, getting the full-length video which allowed us to relive the entire day each time we watched it.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2016

I hired James Cooper to be the DJ at my wedding in June 2016 and he was absolutely amazing! He played all the right songs that got people up and dancing. I decided to have him to pick the cake cutting song, bridal party announcement song, and bouquet toss song because I already had so many decisions I was making, and he did a wonderful job picking all the songs. He was very professional, communicated and responded to me quickly anytime I had a question. My wedding reception would not have been nearly as perfect without this DJ! I would HIGHLY recommend hiring this company for any event you have.

Sent on 08/03/2016
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 06/18/2016

married at the Southernmost Hotel on the beach on 6/18/16. Joanna captured our day on video. She was personable and was not at all intrusive with the camera. We are looking forward to seeing how she captured our special day. I read all the reviews on wedding wire and then I watched a couple of the videos she captured on her web site. I was so impressed with the videos that I knew i needed Joanna to capture our special day. Shawna was our DJ and did a wonderful job getting everyone out on the dance floor. She is very personable and everyone loved her personality. Ask for Shawna to be your DJ because she is not only personable but also beatiful

Sent on 07/04/2016

Amber · Married on 06/10/2016

Jim with Soundwave was our wedding DJ and it was a pleasure working with him. He definitely knew how to keep our group up and dancing with the music choice. We also did a picture slideshow and Jim provided the equipment and worked with our Best Man who put the slideshow together. Thank you for everything and a great party! We had a blast!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Jim was great! Such a nice guy! Made our wedding night fantastic!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/14/2016

Joanna from Sound Wave was absolutely amazing as our wedding videographer at the Pier House On 5/14/16. She was so kind and great at her job. The sneak peek of our wedding video she sent us was incredible! I'm so thankful Joanna was our videographer. She was so professional that it eased my worries knowing she was there to capture all of our special moments. Thank you, Joanna, for everything! I highly recommend Joanna and Sound Wave for wedding videography!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Kristen · Married on 05/14/2016

DJ Shawna is the best!! She listened to all of our requests, and somehow made our eclectic music taste into an incredible reception. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! People are still commenting about how great our DJ was! We were very impressed with how she was able to keep my 75 year grandfather happily dancing, as well as my 17 year old cousins! It's an impressive feat! We couldn't have been any happier. SoundWave in general is also very accommodating to your needs and schedule - we had a bit of a delay in sending our requested songs over to them, but they were incredibly understanding, and put everything together in a short amount of time, AND it was still perfect! You can't go wrong with SoundWave.

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • Janice

Janice · Married on 05/10/2016

Jimmy and Joanna are the best in Key West! They did an awesome job at my wedding!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kati · Married on 05/07/2016

We had Jimmy DJ our wedding in May and it was perfect. He is friendly, likable, and great at judging selections based on the vibe of the guests. I highly recommend Soundwave for your KW wedding.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/01/2016

I married at the Ernest Hemingway home and museum on May 1st 2016. DJ Jimmy was a big hit at my event. He did an amazing job with both the ceremony and reception music and I even had guests come up to me afterwards to comment on how good he was with transitions. Everyone had a great. Thank you DJ Jimmy!!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Erica · Married on 04/23/2016

We had our wedding this past weekend in Key West and Shawna made it the most incredible night. Everyone was dancing and her music selections and commentary were perfect! I highly recommend her to anyone that is trying to create the perfect evening. She was such a pleasure to work with and we loved every minute of our wedding night. Everyone at our wedding loved her and complimented her throughout the night. Definitely the best choice of DJ! Thank you so much Shawna! And to Jim for making the contracting go smoothly! You were a pleasure to work with as well and made it all stress free! Thank you again!

Sent on 04/25/2016

madai · Married on 04/09/2016

greatest couple to work with! shanna was out dj and we had a blast ! it was great! highly recommend! even accomdated a last minute mic request with no stress! thank you soundwave!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Karrah · Married on 03/06/2016

We wish there was a way to give 10 stars on here! Jimmy was so much fun to work with and he kept our dance floor full all night long! Our guests loved him as much as we did!! He had great suggestions and made our ceremony and reception so much fun! Thank you!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Carissa · Married on 03/05/2016

We had our wedding on 3/5/2016 at the Rum Barrel in Key West. We enlisted the help of Soundwave to ensure we had some great music to dance to and an MC to run the show. Sanaris was our DJ. He did an amazing job. I cannot say enough good things about him. We did not have a wedding planner at the site and Sanaris along with Kathy from the Rum Barrel made sure all of our expectations were exceeded. Sanaris did such a great job none of our guest wanted the party to end. When everyone realized we were almost out of time, they all begged me to see if we could keep the party going. Sanaris was happy to help extend our party. I highly recommend using Soundwave if you want top notch service from your DJ and MC.

Sent on 03/11/2016

Chandra · Married on 01/04/2016

She was so much fun and kept things moving along. She even snapped some great pictures and shared with us!!! Played all the best music and we had a great time with her!

Sent on 01/08/2016

Chelsea · Married on 01/01/2016

Jimmy and Joanna were awesome! They were hands on from the beginning and catered entirely to our specific preference. My fiance' and myself were unsure of what we needed for our day but Jimmy immediately reached out to offer guidance which made things totally stress free. We had a mix of every type of music and he nailed it! When we arrived to our venue, the set up looked perfect and he played whatever our guests wanted! Joanna handled all videography for our day and did so perfectly! She captured moments that I didn't even realize happened throughout the course of the day. Even better, she had a wedding day highlight Vimeo sent to us in less than a week after the wedding! It's so much fun to watch and the visuals are awesome! They're such a fun, professional and talented crew and I would most certainly recommend them for your event. If you are unsure of vendors, I would use their Family Affair package which takes care of everything! Thank you Joanna and Jimmy for doing such a great job!

Sent on 01/16/2016
  • User6172024 · 2+ years ago

Jimmy with Soundwave was wonderful! We had so much fun dancing and celebrating at our wedding thanks to him and we received compliments from all our guests about him. A million thanks to him for everything!

Sent on 01/08/2016