Soundwave DJ and Photo Reviews

237 | Buffalo, NY

237 Reviews for Soundwave DJ and Photo

• Jennifer

Jennifer Mae · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Amazing all encompassing wedding team

We could have not asked for a more perfect day. Soundwave truly gave me my fairytale wedding and MORE!. Marie and Matt were absolutely amazing and made sure everything went according to plan. This company is truly amazing and put the stress of finding all different vendors for the DJ, the Photo Booth, the photographer, the videographer out the window because they are all in this wonderful company. Seriously NO STRESS at all, which what bride can honestly say that??!? Our videographer Stephaine was a saint, pointing out things throughout the day to make it even more perfect. Neilson our photographer is amazing at what he does. My husband and I are not the best at posing but Neilson made us feel at ease and found amazing shots for our wedding day. When the day is over all you really have to look back at are the photos and video and I can honestly say I will have so much awesome photos and be able to watch over and over an amazing video from our wedding. We also had a selfie Photo Booth which I have never seen from any other vendor. Marie created the template and it was so cool to have a different Photo Booth picture than just the typical strip of pictures. Ryan was the DJ for our wedding. He stuck to the script perfectly and had great transitions between songs. You could tell all the hard work that Ryan was doing and that he did not just make a playlist from our recommendations and press play. Everyone in the wedding party had different entrance songs and the entrances went off without a hitch. It seems like many vendors only have one entrance song for the entire wedding party. The week leading up to the wedding every single person from sound wave called me to go over everything from the outline I had provided through their online portal. And as a bride things come up and change last minute, it was nice that I didn't need to seek out the vendor leading up to my big day. I cannot thank this vendor enough for all that they did to make our day as perfect as it was.

-Jen & Matt

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Pair · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Amazing DJ

Ryan from Soundwave was absolutely incredible! Due to unforeseen surgery 10 days before our wedding, we had to change up parts of our reception lineup. Ryan was really flexible and allowed us to work with him on the day of to create a memorable experience. I appreciated his flexibility, positive attitude, and DJ skills. He listened to everything my husband and I said about the music and it was a perfect night of dancing!

Sent on 12/23/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Perry · Getting married on 10/06/2020

AMAZING ceremony and reception DJ!

DJ MAK is the perfect person to entertain your friends and family on your most important day. He was meticulous with all the details. He visited the ceremony and reception venue prior to the big day to plan and prepare for his setup. He went over timelines, wedding party pronunciations, prepared a backup computer and even a rain plan if needed. We had so many compliments with the live acoustic covers he played prior to the ceremony and then again during the dinner hour. The live music is a nice feature that adds something special and unique to the day. His playlist covers numerous genres that you’ll want to extend his playing time. He’s also great a reading crowds to keep the dance floor filled. DJ MAK takes pride in being personable and professional. Our wedding was perfect and DJ MAK was one of the reasons why!!! He won’t disappoint. Chris & Lindsey

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Holly

Holly Tierney · Married on 12/10/2019

Soundwave was amazing!

SoundWave was amazing! Ryan was super easy to communicate with and truly wanted your day to be exactly how you want it. They were by far the easiest vendor we worked with. Always answered emails right away, and their online wedding planner makes it super easy to plan your day and pick your special songs/requests for your DJ. Our DJ took tons of requests that we wanted the night of and even played an extra song at the end of the night! We had a BLAST thanks to SoundWave!!! Their Photo Booth option was almost great, we loved the photo book they made for us with everyone's pictures and special messages. Thanks SoundWave!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/30/2019

Perfection

We used Soundwave for both our DJ and photographer for our wedding. The price was reasonable and everyone was so easy to work with. Sam and DJ Mak kept everything on schedule and were truly amazing. Thank you to all of you!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Donna

Donna Eylane Gorman · Married on 11/05/2019

Best decision ever

Choosing SoundWave Dj and Photo was the best decision that we made in terms of vendors for our wedding. Matt, Marie and Stephanie were the absolute best. The entire experience from the first planning meeting to the actual wedding was so stress free because of this team. Anytime we needed to get in touch with them there were extremely responsive and answered all our questions. The planning system that they use is very user friendly and made planning our event super easy to do. When it came down to the actual day, they actually exceeded our expectations. Marie captured all the photos that we wanted and made sure that we stuck to the timeline that we had planned. Stephanie got to work right away on our video and was right with Marie making sure that all our special moments were documented for us. Our DJ Matt was the absolute best part of the night. He listened to everything we wanted in terms of play list and kept people dancing all night long. We actually had a friend call us the next day and tell us how tired they were because they couldn't leave the dance floor because of how awesome the music selection was.
    If you are planning a wedding, I would highly recommend going with SoundWave DJ and Photo. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Laura

Laura Steimer · Married on 10/05/2019

Exceeding my wedding expectations

When searching for our photographer and DJ I was having a hard time finding what I was looking for. I spoke with Marie Conta multiple times before deciding to move forward with Soundwave. Her fun and inviting personality is exactly what we needed to not be camera shy. We decided to do a bundle package and use soundwave as both our DJ and Photographer vendor. The process was simple and they were there to help along the way if needed. Based on our conversations and music taste Marie thought DJ Mak would be perfect for us. Let me tell you Marie and DJ Mak did an outstanding job. I can be super picky and hard to please and they listened to everything we had to say and went above and beyond. DJ Mak used our suggested play list and kept our 200+ wedding Guests dancing all night long even after the venue was trying to shut down. Marie was so patient with us even when we were tired of taking pictures haha! She was quite literally in the middle of all of the excitement all day and night and captured such wonderful natural looking pictures. I was not feeling well before the reception and she was thoughtful enough to have tea and medicine sent up to my room to help me feel better. DJ Mak used an awesome saxophone playlist with popular music during dinner and it could not have been more us and fit the room more perfectly.. I’d describe it as elegant but fun! One of my concerns was that the music wasn’t going to be loud enough in our large venue, DJ Mak brought some of his personal speakers to add to the room as a surprise to me and make sure I was a happy Bride. The two together made such a great pair. Our family and friends loved them so much they were voicing their praise to them all night and even gave out plenty of hugs to each of them before they left. We haven’t heard a single complaint from our guests, they haven’t stopped talking about them and my husband and I were blown away. Highly suggest DJ Mak and Marie Conta for your wedding needs, I promise you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/27/2019

Wedding DJ

DJ mak for soundwave was amazing he def made it a lot easier on me and had my guest up and moving!! I would recommend him and this company to everyone!!!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna Chapman · Married on 09/21/2019

Dj Mak! Is one the most attentive and amazing djs out there! We gave him freedom to play any songs and I’m glad we did. Everyone was dancing all night

One of the best DJs out there!

Sent on 09/22/2019

kate · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing company

I cannot say enough good things about Soundwave! My husband and I got married on 9/21/19. From the very first meeting with Marie she made everything so easy for us. We booked our DJ, photo booth and two photographers through Soundwave and it was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. Matt was the perfect pick to DJ our wedding, he kept the party going which is exactly what we wanted and prior to the wedding he put our minds to ease as soon as we met with him and went through our timeline. We booked Marie & Sam as our photographers and they were both fantastic! My husband and I are not ones to take a ton of pictures but they both made us feel so comfortable. Plus the pictures we have gotten back so far are GORGEOUS. This company does not disappoint whether it’s DJ, photo booth, or photography. We would recommend this vendor to anybody planning a wedding/ event!

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/20/2019

Best wedding decision you'll ever make!

If you want everyone saying "Best wedding I've ever been to" look no further. I can't rave about my decision to hire Soundwave enough. They made our special day so easy. The music was perfect, they captured every moment beautifully and the photo booth was a huge hit!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2019

Best company ever!!

Where do I begin?! We had Soundwave Dj and photo for everything!! DJ, photography, videography and photo booth. It was the best decision we could have made. They are amazing with assisting you and planning. As a bride I was constantly emailing with questions and Marie always got back to me and helped me. Matt was our DJ and he was awesome! He made the entire day/night go smoothly. We have received so many compliments on the music selection during everything from cocktail hour to the dance floor. They give you a portal to plan your ceremony which was extremely helpful and easy. Our photographer Sam and videographer Stephanie were the best. These girls went above and beyond to get different shots. We were so incredibly comfortable working with them all day. They were patient and creative. We cannot wait to see what they got for us! Our photo booth was so much fun. We had the selfie mirror and it was better than any other photo booth I have seen. People loved it. They made us so confident in our day and I have had so many people say everything went smoothly. A lot of that is because of everyone at Soundwave! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/07/2019

Wedding Photography

We chose SoundWave for our wedding photography, Sam was our photographer. Our experience was great - from planning and getting a package and price that worked in our budget with Marie to having Sam capture our special day. We hadn’t met Sam before the wedding and when she arrived at the hotel it was so easy getting along and feeling comfortable around her. Throughout the night she aspired us to be so comfortable around her and she was in for all of our crazy ideas! We can’t say thank you enough for the professionalism and fun that we had for our big day!
    Love,
    Mike & Carly Carroll

Sent on 09/23/2019

Jacob Zielinski · Married on 09/06/2019

Absolutely perfect

Soundwave was absolutely amazing start to finish. DJ Matt was incredible, he kept our dancefloor alive and packed. The photobooth was a huge hit. Would recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Maria

maria · Married on 08/24/2019

Best night ever

They both were so much fun ! Matt kept people dancing and Marie made sure we got all the photos we wanted

Sent on 08/26/2019

Amanda Cannizzo · Married on 08/24/2019

The best day of my life !

Start-finish, flawless! 10/10!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Allyssa

Allyssa Pellino · Married on 07/07/2019

July Wedding - AMAZING!

Matt, Steph, Sam and Heather were all wonderful to work with.
    Sam and Steph never left our sides and they really captured everything little detail that was important to us.
    Matt was fantastic to work with and made sure the vibe in the room was amazing the whole night. Even his surprise song during dinner, had my smiling from ear to ear.

I could not recommend this team enough. They made our day extra special.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience

We cannot say enough good things about Soundwave!! Marie was extremely helpful, starting from our first consultation meeting where she gave us tons of recommendations around the floorplan, timeline and overall flow of the wedding based on her experience. We used her suggestions and really appreciated all of her insight. Marie even surprised us at the wedding by bringing the gold framed interactive mirror photo booth that we originally wanted but wasn't going to be available and then working it herself. The booth was a huge hit and we were so happy to see Marie and have her there with us.

Mike handled the music for our ceremony, sang acoustic songs on his guitar during cocktail hour and DJ'd our reception- he was amazing! He had people on the dance floor all night and was super personable, he brought a great energy to the day. We had some issues with our venue during the reception and Mike took charge during the stressful moments, completely turning things around for the better and going well above and beyond his DJ duties. If we ever need a DJ again, Mike will be our first call.

The online music portal made the planning process easy and we got a really nice album of all the photo booth pictures at the end of the night. We've been recommending Soundwave to all of our friends getting married and we hope we get to see them again at a wedding soon.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Fix · Married on 06/08/2019

Highly recommended - Newest equipment

Sound Wave came recommend to us from our wedding planner, I visited the business and was very impressed with the owner and the selection of photo booths that I’ve never seen before. Every guest loved the mirror and the attendant on site was excellent. We also received a book of the pictures, which was a nice gift. I would only use Sound Wave in the future. Thank you for your professionalism.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Lunderman · Married on 06/07/2019

Amazing, advanced, accommodating

Matt was amazing. We didn't have a lot of time to make an appointment to meet at all. We hired them through their website and communicated mainly through email. When it came to the week before the wedding and needed to meet he made time for us outside of his usual schedule to accommodate us. The company has a great customer portal that allows you to make payments. Choose songs, which even have a clip for you to hear so you know what you're choosing. Matt had trouble with the microphone for the ceremony and quickly solved the problem before we even knew about it. He also gave direction to everyone making a speech to be comfortable with the microphone. He worked the guests great and played a great mix of songs. Photo booth was very unique and had unique and customized print outs for both us and the guests. Our only regret is not having a videographer to see the things we might have missed or wanted to remember more.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/01/2019

The Photo Booth was a Huge Hit!

I would HIGHLY recommend this company if you are looking for a photo booth for your wedding! I dealt with Marie who was very personable and informative with me leading up to my wedding. She explained all of their photo booth options and was available whenever I needed her. Plus - my entire family LOVED her at the wedding! We purchased the Social Booth which was a huge hit with all of our guests, and Marie was there to help if people had trouble. The Social Booth itself was compact enough to fit into our limited space and had so many personalized options!

Sent on 06/04/2019
  • CHRISTINE

Christine Walsh · Married on 05/18/2019

Simply Amazing

Planned a destination wedding. I hired soundwave for photography and DJ. Dave was awesome and kept me dancing all night. Marie was awesome to work with. Some of what I was able to see looked awesome and I cannot wait for the final photos. Lastly, I have a very curious daughter and both Dave and Marie treated her with respect and that in itself was worth every penny.

Sent on 05/20/2019

Melissa · Married on 11/11/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Music is one of those things everyone remembers about a wedding. It creates the atmosphere for you and your guests. Ryan absolutely rocked it! Our guests are still telling us days later how amazing he was!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Katie Feiner · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Perfect!

SoundWave is absolutely amazing! Matt was fantastic at my wedding as the DJ. With very little guidance from me and my fiance, he picked perfect music for every part of the night. Guests of all ages were on the dance floor all night long! And the uplighting from SoundWave was awesome! It really set the tone for the party. I would 100% recommend Matt and SoundWave for any party.

Sent on 11/08/2018

Lacey · Married on 10/27/2018

Married on 10/27/18

We had almost everything through them from the photo booth,DJ, and photographer. We used the selfie mirror photobooth and all of our guests LOVED it. It was so entertaining and easy to use. Matt & Marie are so sweet and a pleasure to work with. Matt kept my dance floor packed all
    night long and Marie would do whatever she had to do to get the perfect shot.

Sent on 11/10/2018