Sounds of Music Reviews

27 | Maumee, OH

27 Reviews for Sounds of Music

Sabrina · Married on 07/29/2017

We hired sounds of music for our wedding and we loved them!! Jim , Aaron, and Alec were all such great guys and so personable. They were so professional and everyone absolutely loved the music ! The photo booth was so fun and different. All the guests loved it. I couldn't have asked for a better dj . Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Aliya · Married on 06/18/2016

Aarron Lieber did a beautiful job for our daughter's wedding at the Inverness Club! He allowed us to limit the songs being played and had a great setup. Thank you!

Sent on 06/28/2016

alicia · Married on 06/04/2016

Sounds of music is awesome! I put in a request for more information on there website and within 20 minutes Jim Lieber (owner) called me, I couldn't believe how fast it was. Jim was so understanding and helpful with everything. I couldn't have chose a better company. My dj for my wedding was Don Rawlins and he was absolutely amazing. We left mostly all of our music choices up to him and everyone had such a great time and danced until the reception ended. Don also took photos and posted them online for us to see. I honestly couldn't have chose a better dj and a better company, they are amazing. - Alicia Zmudzinski

Sent on 06/18/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/22/2016

We used sounds of music for our wedding reception. I am SO happy with the service they provided. Jim, the owner, was in constant contact with me. I was never waiting more than a few hours for a callback. Aaron was our DJ and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. I was really scattered the whole night (family drama, what would a reception be without one!) Aaron totally took over what needed to be done and it was perfection. I know so many people who have used them as well and there have always been nothing but glowing recommendations. Thank you guys!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Jeffery · Married on 05/21/2016

Our MC / DJ did a amazing job entertaining he took request and fit them in. They finalized our likes dislikes and any changes we wanted 2 weeks before the date. Our package we added a photo booth which was another big hit. Thanks again for making our day special.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Steve with sounds of music is outstanding! Our wedding guests were dancing all night! It was such a fun night, Steve took requests and was so easy to communicate with! Jim was also always easy to get ahold of and very pleasant!! Awesome company!

Sent on 05/12/2016

Kelsey · Married on 10/03/2015

I can't say enough how awesome Sounds of Music is! When speaking with Sounds of Music, they were always quick to respond and very professional. Our wedding ceremony was supposed to be outside, but due to awful weather we had to move inside. The Owner and the DJ helped get this set up and taken care of. This took a lot of stress off of us! Besides being helpful, the music for our night was awesome! Everyone was out on the dance floor!!! This made our night perfect!! Thank you Sounds of Music!!

Sent on 06/14/2016

jessie · Married on 09/12/2015

Sounds of Music and Aaron did an exceptional job at my wedding. We were thrilled with the service provided. Aaron was timely, professional, kept us on task, offered excellent advice, and did a great job. We received many good words about him from out guests. Highly recommend this D.J!!!

Sent on 09/24/2015

Renee · Married on 08/08/2015

We had a great experience with Sounds of Music. From the beginning they were extremely quick to respond and answered all my questions fully. Our DJ, Aarron, contacted me the week before the wedding to review all names and information from our data sheet that we submitted. It put my mind at ease being able to speak to our DJ beforehand and I knew we were in good hands. We chose not to have a wedding coordinator and and Aarron quickly assumed that role the night of our wedding. We were getting pulled into so many directions and time was going by quicker than we imagined but Aarron was great at keeping us on or close to the timeline and orchestrating where we needed to be and when. The dance floor was packed the whole night. He did such a great job of feeling out the crowd and playing songs that kept our guests on the floor. We had so many people come up to us and tell us how much fun they had and I contribute that to how great the DJ was. Thanks again for an incredible night, we will definitely be recommending you guys to anyone we know that's getting married!

Sent on 01/15/2017

Alicia · Married on 04/11/2015

I highly recommend Sounds of Music to anyone trying to decide on a DJ. They have provided the music for 3 of our family members now and they never fail to make it a complete success! Our bridal party arrived a little late to the reception and our DJ Aaron got everything caught up and kept us on schedule the entire evening. Considering that the majority of our guests were a bit older I do not know how he kept everyone on the dance floor until the very end, but he did. My friends & family are still talking about what a good time they had and telling me that they want to do it all over again. The DJ worked with the photographer & caterers to ensure everything went smoothly and my family members didn't have to worry about anything but having a good time. I would like to add that I really liked how the owner sent me over a revised Bridal Data Form the week of my wedding with the entire schedule of my wedding in order and all of my playlist in tact for me to review. It really put my mind at ease and made me feel better about not hiring a wedding coordinator because I didn't really need one.
    Thanks, Alicia

Sent on 05/22/2015

Cherie · Married on 07/20/2014

Our wedding would not have been what it was without Sounds of Music! The whole process with this company was very professional and enjoyable. We did not have any issues with contact prior, we were able to turn in all of our songs and information through their website and Jim & Jill responded quickly through email and phone. Our DJ could not have been a better fit, he went over everything with us the week of our wedding & was even able to adjust to some last minute changes the day of. He was personable and kept the whole night running smoothly. Much of the night was a blur trying to keep up with all of the guests, but he coordinated with our hall, photographer, etc. to get us through all of the events. All of our requests were played & he did a great job of reading our crowd, the floor was packed all night & our guests are still buzzing about it! Music was most important to my husband and I, they say the music can make or break your wedding. Jim and his company are long standing in Toledo and they definitely lived up to their reputation. We could not be happier, thank you!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Jill · Married on 07/20/2014

Sounds of Music provided the music for both the ceremony & reception at my daughter & son-in-laws wedding and the DJ was amazing. The ceremony went off without a hitch and the dance floor was packed the entire night. It was a Sunday wedding so I thought people would leave earlier than normal, but Jerry kept the floor full right to the very end. Pre-wedding communication was quick & easy and the bridal data form provided was very detailed. Many of our questions got answered before we even asked. This is a very professional company and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Angie · Married on 07/13/2013

People are still talking about the music at our wedding reception! We had an amazing night and a packed dance floor. Devon was the best DJ and so fun to work with. He called a few days prior to our wedding and we were able to talk things through with him and really got a feel for what we wanted at our reception. We would recommend Sounds of Music and Devon for anyone's wedding reception!

Sent on 08/20/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2013

Our requests were somewhat unusual- we requested mostly current Christian rock- and the DJ was very flexible, finding and playing everything we requested (even the unusual acoustic versions.) He kept the reception flowing smoothly, played appropriate music for the mood, and "went with the flow" when spontaneous things happened. This company has over 30 years of experience, and it certainly shows. We were very pleased.

Sent on 06/18/2013
  • lacie

lacie · Married on 12/10/2011

They were great! They even set up another DJ booth downstairs because my venue had two floors!

Sent on 12/27/2011

We had a wonderful time with our DJ on our wedding night. Great song choices to go with what the crowd was feeling. Would certainly reccomend them!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Katie & Jacob · Married on 05/21/2016

Our DJ was Don and he was fantastic! He played pretty much every song on my favorites list and even took requests from our family members! Sometimes the music just took him and he had to get out on the dance floor himself! The most important thing to us at our wedding was for everyone to have a good time and dance to good, fun, energetic music. Sounds of Music made that happen. Thank you so much! And the photo booth was a big hit too! ;D

Sent on 06/09/2016

kristen · Married on 12/14/2013

Had a wonderful experience and got a lot of good compliments on our music.

Sent on 12/20/2013

Megan · Married on 08/15/2015

Sounds of Music made everything so easy. The Bridal data sheet made the planning for this easy to follow. The owner, Jim, was usually very quick to respond. Our DJ for the night, Andrew, was amazing with making sure everything stayed on track, even when we moved things around during the reception. The wedding ceremony itself was effortless with the music we were provided. A thoroughly enjoyable experience overall.

Megan

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 01/18/2013

Loved them! There were a few problems but lets face it the show went on(:

Sent on 01/27/2013

TORI · Married on 10/11/2008

3.8
      3.5

DIDN'T PLAY AS MANY REQUESTS AS I THOUGHT HE SHOULD. INTERRUPTED GUESTS TO SPEAK WITH BRIDE AND GROOM.

Sent on 11/20/2008
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 10/08/2011

3.8
      3.5

They were very nice but they pronounced our last name wrong and one of the grooms mens name wrong when introduced into the reception. Quite a few of our tops songs we wanted played didn't get played. They were perfect for the ceremony, though. And everyone else seemed to have a blast at the reception.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Emily · Married on 06/27/2009

3.6
      2.5

I was overall very pleased with Sounds of Music, and our DJ that evening was great...he would play any song we requested and was very flexible with what we wanted, when we wanted it. The only complaints: he did not arrive at the wedding until almost 6 p.m., which was when the reception was to start (everything was set up...he just was not there, which made us nervous), and we didn't have a direct number to reach him at...which brings me to the next difficulty: The company has an answering service where you call, leave a message and they get back to you. You can never directly call a DJ there. I understand that this may work well for them, but when we needed information right at that moment, it was a huge hassle.

The DJ did a wonderful job though, and I would definitely recommend them...but make sure I forewarn people of these difficulties so they know!

Sent on 07/15/2009

Bess · Married on 10/11/2008

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

They are not the greatest at returning your calls. Also, once you have everything set up, it seems like you have no communication with them...it just turns off unless you call them and then wait a week or two for them to return your call if ever. The DJ that showed up was dressed real nice and professional, however, he had smoker's teeth and bad breath. He checked with me before making the announcments to make sure that he was pronouncing everyone's name correctly, which I appreciated. He was not on the mic much at all, which was nice...he didn't steal the show and was not annoying. The setup looked professional but then he left at the end of the evening in a beat up old van, which was kind of weird. It just did not match the professionalism. Anyway, all in all, I would still recommend them.

Sent on 11/20/2008
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/10/2011

2.5

I had a few problems with this company, first it was hard to get a call back from them and you ALWAYS had to leave a message you could never get ahold of someone right when you called. My next issue that I had was I emailed the owner the names of all the people in my wedding party the night before and he even emailed me back to let me know that he received them. Well when we showed up to the reception hall right before the entrance I had to give the DJ all the names again and he kept miss spelling them, when I would corrected him he told me it didn't matter he was only saying them once! Well apparently that was the problem that he was only going to say them once because he messed up half of our names. The worst part of it all was my Husbands brothers were all his groomsmen with the same last name and he got those right, except when we made our entrance he mess up OUR name! Even after it was brought to his attention he NEVER corrected it nor did he apologize to us! Last but not least they don't seem to pay attention to the "Must Play" list because we had ONE song which was never played and didn't he didn't seem to care about our requests!

Sent on 09/30/2011