Sounds Abound Entertainment Reviews

Sounds Abound Entertainment 5
  • Hannah

Hannah Nilsen · Getting married on 09/25/2020

Consultstion

Met with this company for a consultation. Incredibly professional, informational, and answered all questions. Their online system is wonderful

Sent on 07/17/2019

Morgan · Getting married on 08/24/2019

We booked a specific DJ with Sounds Abound because we had gone to a wedding that had one of the most fun, energetic dance floors we’d seen. We were so glad we ended up booking a large company like this because 9 days before the wedding we got a call from the owner that our DJ had become extremely ill and would be unable to do our wedding. We were lucky that there were still about 5 other DJs available, who had tons of experience. The new DJ we selected took time out of his schedule to meet with us the week of our wedding and completely put us at ease. Our original DJ also personally called us to apologize, which was very much appreciated especially given the horrible situation he was in. The owner of the company handled the situation great, giving us his personal cell phone number and always answered when I called. Even before this happened, the company was great about following up with us and making sure we didn’t need anything, and keeping us up to date with our timelines of when we need to pick all our music by, etc.

Our wedding ended up being AMAZING – Steve did such a fantastic job; our dance floor was completely packed the entire night. To the point where the last hour or so people were dancing around the dance floor because it was so full. We got so many compliments on how great the music was. We cannot thank him enough for making himself available to us!!

I’m writing this hopefully not scare you because this is obviously an extremely rare situation. But the point is that the company handled this unfortunate incident extremely well, and provided a backup that was just as good if not better than the DJ we originally booked. You cannot go wrong no matter which DJ you choose!! I now know of 3 weddings besides ours that have used Sounds Abound, and all have been absolutely great! None have had this situation occur :)

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • Teresa

Teresa · Married on 07/27/2019

Fun and professional!

Sounds Abound was amazing! We had Geoff as our DJ and he was awesome! Everyone was on the dance floor all night! I was very impressed with how accommodating he was with doing the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception since they were all in different areas at the venue. He helped keep everything on track along with our day of coordinator. The website is also easy to use to pick your must play songs, all of the first dances, and even songs that you do not want to be played. I truly enjoyed working with him and this company!

Sent on 08/10/2019
  • Bridgett

Bridgett · Married on 07/13/2019

Tony Ho from Sounds Abound is the BEST!!!

We had Tony Ho from Sounds Abound DJ our wedding on July 13! I cannot say enough how wonderful he was to work with! He is so personable and easy to work with! He met with us before the big day to make sure everything was perfect! On the night of our wedding he kept the party going all night long! He even let my 6 year old godson help him DJ! We will definitely be recommending Tony to our friends and family!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2019

Would Recommend!

Sounds Abound had a great online planner that was easy to use and very helpful. They have an awesome Meet the DJ website to help you select your choice of DJ for your wedding. They will also meet with you in person or on the phone before your wedding to go over the timeline and song choices to make sure everyone is on the same page. Was a great company and we really liked our DJ Rufus!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Jackson · Married on 06/21/2019

Brian was Amazing!

We had Brian DJ our wedding from Sounds abound and could not have been happier! There were a few last minute changes we had to make to the original spreadsheet we went over with him due to an illness & Brian made sure everything went smoothly. Our friends and family have been raving all weekend about the music and how awesome the DJ was. My little brother is very into music & Brian was chatting with him about DJING. Its really being so personable & fun that is rare to find these days. All of my close friends have used sounds abound for their weddings and we could not have been happier. Brian knew when to play the right songs at the right moments. He personally sent me a video of all of our close family & friends singing around us at the end of the night. Thank you so much for such a memorable night!

• Courtney

Courtney Case · Married on 06/09/2019

Everyone, and i mean everyone danced

I can not say enough wonderful things about Tony Ho and the company!!! They were so easy to work with and Tony Ho did a fantastic job. We got married about a month ago and our family and friends are still raving about how awesome he was!

Tony made our wedding night celebration a night to remember. When we spoke with him on a few days before our wedding, we only knew a few things but had a VERY open playlist. We told him we just want music that will get people of all ages on the dance floor. Let me tell you, he did just that! We had every member at our wedding come on the dance floor at least once! We even gave him confetti poppers to pop off when that timing was right on the dance floor. Again, let me tell you, he nailed it!!

Not only was music selection and DJing wonderful, Tony Ho did a fantastic job with transitions for our wedding night. There was not awkward pauses or switches between speeches, formal dances, introductions, etc. He was was phenomenal!

I would 100% recommend this company, especially Tony Ho for future events. You will NOT regret it.

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/01/2019

Best decision!

KYLE you were one of the BEST decisions we made at our wedding. I’ve never seen that many people on a dance floor at one time (including 7 guys ripping their pants during cotton eye joe/every time we touch) and have been getting endless texts about how iconic the dance floor was at our wedding!! From every age, the floor was consistently PACKED for hours to the point that to say hi to guests we had to hit up the middle of the dance floor. You knew how to take our requests and easily fit in similar songs to get the party going. You also knew the perfect sit and eat your dinner tunes. Thanks for making our wedding one I’ll never forget.

Sent on 06/10/2019

K · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent experience!

We had chosen to work with Sounds Abound (and specifically Gregg Eisel) after attending several weddings within my husband's family. We noticed that each wedding had a very different feel and all of them encapsulated the bride and groom wonderfully. We were initially concerned with how communication would work due to living out of state, but Gregg was awesome and made sure to reach out periodically as well as quick responses to any questions. We got slightly confused by their website, I definitely recommend going over the website with your DJ to ensure you complete all necessary forms (we forgot the important one!). Despite all of this, Gregg was helpful and so kind to us during our meeting. He helped us figure out ways to make our song list and entry music more unique to us and over all I believe that contributed to creating the desired vibe. Gregg was always contactable and worked hard to ensure that we had all of our musical needs met prior to the day of so there were no last minute questions. Gregg kept the timing of the night going smoothly and was able to read the crowd/play songs so that everyone could enjoy dancing. I am so grateful that we chose to work with Gregg and Sounds Abound!

• Jade

Jade · Married on 05/24/2019

Fun DJ who knows how to keep the floor moving!

Brian Keck was outstanding! He was polite, funny, organized and very light hearted. He gave us recommendations and would ask us before switching it up. We didn't really know what our last song was, and using our music taste, he recommended the most epic last song that just ended the night perfectly! (Bohemian Rhapsody!) He worked well with last minute changes and always seemed like he was having just as much fun! He kept us on schedule throughout the night and was so easy to work with. Their online forms are so easy and helpful! He even got videos of some of the best parts of the night, and I couldn't be more grateful that someone got it on video!! Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 05/18/2019

Absolutely AWESOME company & DJ!

We booked Tony Ho from Sounds Abound to be the DJ for our wedding, and it was seriously one of the BEST decisions we made! Tony was INCREDIBLE! Throughout the planning process, he would check in with emails to see if there was anything we needed. He is so funny, sweet, and accomodating. Sounds Abound has an online planning tool where you can select must-play or do-not-play songs, as well as an unlimited amount of "Songs You Like" - Tony really took all this and ran with it, and absolutely NAILED our music style! From cocktail hour, to dinner, to the reception, he truly played songs that we loved and enjoyed. I had stressed out a lot about music during the planning process, only because my husband and I are such big music people and we really hoped that our "vibe" could be captured. Tony did not disappoint! Our dance floor was literally packed the ENTIRE night, up until the last song! He played music that everyone enjoyed, and made sure to throw in Salsa and Spanish music to honor my culture - it was such a blast! We have gotten so many compliments about our wedding and people have told us that they have never seen a dance floor as packed as ours! Thank you, Tony, for making our night one to remember! We will recommend you to all of our friends for their future weddings. :)

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/11/2019

The dance floor never died.

I’m still in shock by how awesome these guys were. Kyle had people on the dance floor the entire night and it never died. He was on top of all the special dances, announcements, dedications, you name it. Would hire him all over again if I could. Thank you so much for one hell of a night!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Kathryn Crawford · Married on 03/16/2019

Simply the Best!

Tony Ho from Sounds Abound made our wedding absolutely such a blast! Tony is the best!! He chose the perfect music for us and our guests, and read the room perfectly! Tony went above and beyond to meet with us to make sure that we were comfortable, answered all of our questions, and even answered my last minute texts.
    Tony is a true professional, who clearly loves his job (and is incredible at it)!
    I cannot recommend Tony and Sounds Abound enough!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Amy Fuller · Married on 03/09/2019

The perfect night!

Tony Ho made our night magical. It was a night we will never forget.

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 10/27/2018

You Go Tony Ho!!

Sounds Abound was a wonderful company to work with, but I want to give a special shout out to their DJ Tony Ho. He has such a fun and outgoing personality and you can tell he wants to do everything possible to make your wedding day special. He accommodated not only our song requests, but he was also willing to hand over the mic and allow one of our guest to announce the wedding party into the reception. At one point during the evening, I unfortunately ended up getting sick but Tony kept the party going until I was able to "make my comeback." He even held off playing all of my must play songs until I made it back to the reception AND made sure the my husband and I were still able to have our first dance (which he managed to take a picture of and sent it to my husband and I the next day). The guests barely even noticed I was missing because they were having so much fun partying with Tony!! Tony Ho is an incredible DJ and if you are looking for an super fun and overall genuine and nice guy, he should absolutely be your DJ. Thanks for everything Tony and Sounds Abound!!!!

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Resuts Exceeded Expectations

Keith Talaga was the DJ we selected from Sounds Abound Entertainment. The day of the wedding Keith's assistant Ronnie was there helping make sure everything from ceremony to dancing ran smoothly. Keith was very professional and easy to talk to. After meeting with him we were confident in his abilities. He answered all of our questions and was easy to get in contact with. He utilized our music selections while mixing in guest requests and kept are guests entertained all night long! I'd highly recommend Keith!

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Great job!

We loved our DJ! Love their website that made it super easy to make all our selections ahead of time and set up everything for the ceremony. Rufus, our DJ was amazing! He was very professional and took care of everything with minimal work from our end. His music selection was based on our playlist and a short phone conversation we had about the type of music I like and I couldn't have picked a better selection myself. We loved all the songs and danced all night! Great work here for a reasonable price!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

Hire Tony Ho now!

From the second that we met Tony, we knew he was the guy for the job. He is very personable, professional, and has an amazing contagious smile and personality. He kept in contact with us throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. He even went above and beyond on the day of the wedding by improvising with a separate vendor that was having an issue. Tony kept the dance party going all night long. We received so many compliments from our guests on our DJ and we have already begun recommending him to newly engaged couples! The DJ can make or break your dance floor on your wedding night, so this decision was an incredibly important one for us in the wedding planning process. Don’t think twice, use Sounds Abound Entertainment and hire Tony Ho for your wedding day as soon as you can!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

We used Sounds Abound for our wedding reception. The online portal for planning made the whole process so easy! We got the opportunity to work with Tony Ho and he was AMAZING! So professional, friendly, and fun to work with. He made sure we had everything we wanted and did an awesome job keeping people on the dance floor all night. We would 100% recommend Sounds Abound! Thank you, Sounds Abound and Tony for making our wedding such a blast!

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2018

Finding a DJ was the most important and most daunting task for me when it came to planning my wedding. Sounds Abound had the right package for the right price, and my husband and I were so happy with what was included (uplighting, full dj services from 4-11pm, plus two hours of setup time, etc.) But then the hard part came: picking which DJ was right for us. I am an Egyptian-American and my guest list was very eclectic, as was my music taste. Tony Ho instantly impressed us with his charisma, his energy, and his infectious smile. His experience with multicultural weddings sealed the deal for me. I started planning 18 months in advance, and Tony was incredibly patient and responsive through the entire process. He worked flawlessly with our other vendors and had even worked with my photographer and venue several times before. He coordinated perfectly with our belly dancers, and gave them a great introduction! My husband and I liked Tony more and more with each meeting, text message, and email. He was so friendly and accommodating and he made me feel like he genuinely cared about making our wedding special and exactly the way we envisioned it. I literally gave Tony a color-coded spreadsheet with music for every second of the day, complete with plenty of notes and special requests. Never once did Tony express annoyance or frustration with my frequent changes and concerns, and he made me feel so comfortable reaching out to him with anything I needed. Tony even made some fun suggestions for our quirky ceremony that truly made it unforgettable, and our guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Sounds Abound Entertainment 6

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough about Sounds Abound, specifically the DJ we worked with, Tony Ho. Tony was extremely involved from the start and was very responsive to virtually any request we had up until the night before the wedding. He was always available via email and text, often reaching out to express his excitement for our big day. Our wedding was at The Herrington in Geneva, and, since Sounds Abound is listed as a preferred vendor, Tony was very familiar with the venue and where to set up his equipment which made our lives so much easier. We also rented the open-air photo booth for the night, which was a huge hit! Thank you to the Sounds Abound team and to Tony Ho for being the best wedding DJ we've ever seen.

Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Rufus & Sounds Abound are the absolute best!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2018

Personable and Reliable!!

We had the pleasure of working with Tony Ho, and are so glad we did! Tony made sure all our questions were answered before we booked, and he worked with us for a year to fine tune what we wanted on our day. At the actual wedding and reception he was professional, fun, and always exactly where he needed to be. We can't thank him enough for catering to our interesting crowd of very mixed musical interests at the reception (Time Warp?!? YAS). Tony, you are a ROCKSTAR!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Natalie · Married on 09/21/2018

Sounds Abound provided us with everything we needed for our wedding! Matt Ammons was an incredible DJ! Sounds Abound was a great choice and I would recommend this company to everyone for a party! Thank you very much for helping make my wedding a night to remember!!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Tony How was amazing. Great company from start to finish! All the guest were up dancing and everything went as planned!

Sent on 10/01/2018