Sounds Abound Entertainment Reviews

Sounds Abound Entertainment 3
Sounds Abound Entertainment 4
Sounds Abound Entertainment 5

Morgan · Getting married on 08/24/2019

We booked a specific DJ with Sounds Abound because we had gone to a wedding that had one of the most fun, energetic dance floors we’d seen. We were so glad we ended up booking a large company like this because 9 days before the wedding we got a call from the owner that our DJ had become extremely ill and would be unable to do our wedding. We were lucky that there were still about 5 other DJs available, who had tons of experience. The new DJ we selected took time out of his schedule to meet with us the week of our wedding and completely put us at ease. Our original DJ also personally called us to apologize, which was very much appreciated especially given the horrible situation he was in. The owner of the company handled the situation great, giving us his personal cell phone number and always answered when I called. Even before this happened, the company was great about following up with us and making sure we didn’t need anything, and keeping us up to date with our timelines of when we need to pick all our music by, etc.

Our wedding ended up being AMAZING – Steve did such a fantastic job; our dance floor was completely packed the entire night. To the point where the last hour or so people were dancing around the dance floor because it was so full. We got so many compliments on how great the music was. We cannot thank him enough for making himself available to us!!

I’m writing this hopefully not scare you because this is obviously an extremely rare situation. But the point is that the company handled this unfortunate incident extremely well, and provided a backup that was just as good if not better than the DJ we originally booked. You cannot go wrong no matter which DJ you choose!! I now know of 3 weddings besides ours that have used Sounds Abound, and all have been absolutely great! None have had this situation occur :)

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Resuts Exceeded Expectations

Keith Talaga was the DJ we selected from Sounds Abound Entertainment. The day of the wedding Keith's assistant Ronnie was there helping make sure everything from ceremony to dancing ran smoothly. Keith was very professional and easy to talk to. After meeting with him we were confident in his abilities. He answered all of our questions and was easy to get in contact with. He utilized our music selections while mixing in guest requests and kept are guests entertained all night long! I'd highly recommend Keith!

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Great job!

We loved our DJ! Love their website that made it super easy to make all our selections ahead of time and set up everything for the ceremony. Rufus, our DJ was amazing! He was very professional and took care of everything with minimal work from our end. His music selection was based on our playlist and a short phone conversation we had about the type of music I like and I couldn't have picked a better selection myself. We loved all the songs and danced all night! Great work here for a reasonable price!

Laura · Married on 10/07/2018

Hire Tony Ho now!

From the second that we met Tony, we knew he was the guy for the job. He is very personable, professional, and has an amazing contagious smile and personality. He kept in contact with us throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. He even went above and beyond on the day of the wedding by improvising with a separate vendor that was having an issue. Tony kept the dance party going all night long. We received so many compliments from our guests on our DJ and we have already begun recommending him to newly engaged couples! The DJ can make or break your dance floor on your wedding night, so this decision was an incredibly important one for us in the wedding planning process. Don’t think twice, use Sounds Abound Entertainment and hire Tony Ho for your wedding day as soon as you can!

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2018

We used Sounds Abound for our wedding reception. The online portal for planning made the whole process so easy! We got the opportunity to work with Tony Ho and he was AMAZING! So professional, friendly, and fun to work with. He made sure we had everything we wanted and did an awesome job keeping people on the dance floor all night. We would 100% recommend Sounds Abound! Thank you, Sounds Abound and Tony for making our wedding such a blast!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2018

Finding a DJ was the most important and most daunting task for me when it came to planning my wedding. Sounds Abound had the right package for the right price, and my husband and I were so happy with what was included (uplighting, full dj services from 4-11pm, plus two hours of setup time, etc.) But then the hard part came: picking which DJ was right for us. I am an Egyptian-American and my guest list was very eclectic, as was my music taste. Tony Ho instantly impressed us with his charisma, his energy, and his infectious smile. His experience with multicultural weddings sealed the deal for me. I started planning 18 months in advance, and Tony was incredibly patient and responsive through the entire process. He worked flawlessly with our other vendors and had even worked with my photographer and venue several times before. He coordinated perfectly with our belly dancers, and gave them a great introduction! My husband and I liked Tony more and more with each meeting, text message, and email. He was so friendly and accommodating and he made me feel like he genuinely cared about making our wedding special and exactly the way we envisioned it. I literally gave Tony a color-coded spreadsheet with music for every second of the day, complete with plenty of notes and special requests. Never once did Tony express annoyance or frustration with my frequent changes and concerns, and he made me feel so comfortable reaching out to him with anything I needed. Tony even made some fun suggestions for our quirky ceremony that truly made it unforgettable, and our guests are still talking about it.

Sounds Abound Entertainment 6

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough about Sounds Abound, specifically the DJ we worked with, Tony Ho. Tony was extremely involved from the start and was very responsive to virtually any request we had up until the night before the wedding. He was always available via email and text, often reaching out to express his excitement for our big day. Our wedding was at The Herrington in Geneva, and, since Sounds Abound is listed as a preferred vendor, Tony was very familiar with the venue and where to set up his equipment which made our lives so much easier. We also rented the open-air photo booth for the night, which was a huge hit! Thank you to the Sounds Abound team and to Tony Ho for being the best wedding DJ we've ever seen.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Rufus & Sounds Abound are the absolute best!

• Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2018

Personable and Reliable!!

We had the pleasure of working with Tony Ho, and are so glad we did! Tony made sure all our questions were answered before we booked, and he worked with us for a year to fine tune what we wanted on our day. At the actual wedding and reception he was professional, fun, and always exactly where he needed to be. We can't thank him enough for catering to our interesting crowd of very mixed musical interests at the reception (Time Warp?!? YAS). Tony, you are a ROCKSTAR!

Natalie · Married on 09/21/2018

Sounds Abound provided us with everything we needed for our wedding! Matt Ammons was an incredible DJ! Sounds Abound was a great choice and I would recommend this company to everyone for a party! Thank you very much for helping make my wedding a night to remember!!

Jenny · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Tony How was amazing. Great company from start to finish! All the guest were up dancing and everything went as planned!

Stephanie · Married on 08/03/2018

My Dj was Kyle
    He worked very hard to accomplish my vision of wedding reception. I would highly recommend him for others.

Sounds Abound Entertainment 7

Jacqueline B. · Married on 07/27/2018

Would highly recommend DJ Keith Talaga from Sounds Abound!

DJ Keith Talaga from Sounds Abound was incredible! Going into the wedding, the DJ was not at the top of our priority list. We picked Sounds Abound because they’re a reputable company and because they were a preferred vendor at our reception venue. That said, we were absolutely blown away by the service Keith provided.

He was very attentive leading up to the wedding. We met with Keith once in person to talk about all of the music for the reception, and had multiple additional phone calls and emails. We gave Keith a general idea of the type of music we wanted for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Although we were not super specific, we were amazed by how well Keith understood what we were looking for.

The dance floor was full the whole night, and Keith was great about playing songs geared towards multiple generations. Multiple guests told us that he was the best wedding DJ they had ever heard. Our reception was very memorable, thanks in part to Keith. We highly recommend him!

Allison · Married on 07/20/2018

Everything was perfect! Kyle was an amazing MC and played the music we liked (along with requests). He kept everybody dancing all night!
    He also provided sound for our ceremony which was a last minute emergency after our other sound person fell through, so we couldn't be happier for his help and the fantastic service!

Michael · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired Tony Ho for my daughters wedding reception...he was fantastic! He was in total control the entire night..the music and the uplighting were awesome! He knows how to get and keep the party going...look no further..Tony is your man!!! Thank you again Tony for making my daughters night one that people will talk about for a long time!!

Tyler · Married on 07/07/2018

We gave Geoff a lot of free reign within some general guidelines. He made fantastic music selections, and read the crowd incredibly well. Towards the end of the night, he saw the demographic of the dancers and tuned the music for their generation. The energy was great all night, and we never expected that the dance floor would be so crowded. He was incredibly flexible when I wanted to surprise everyone by playing my guitar and singing a song for my new wife. He came through with all of the sound equipment and it couldn't have gone smoother. I have heard endless compliments for him from all of our guests.

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 07/06/2018

If you want your dance floor packed the entire night of your wedding, you need to book TONY HO! His energy and laugh are very contagious! One of our priorities of the wedding was to make sure the dance floor was filled and people were dancing all night long. That is exactly what we got - he made it the best party ever! Tony was very responsive throughout the whole planning process, especially the last few days leading up to the wedding. He listened to what we wanted and understood us completely! He communicates well with other vendors to make sure everyone is on the same page. On the event day, he was very professional and made sure we were having fun. There were a few moments where he needed to improvise and he handled it so smoothly. Our wedding day would not have been the same without him. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Tony! He will not disappoint.

Sounds Abound Entertainment 8

Sandy · Married on 06/23/2018

This vendor, and our DJ, Brian, went above and beyond! From his work at the rehearsal, through the ceremony and the reception, he was amazing! Our ceremony was exactly what we had hoped it would be, from the Pachelbel-Rockelbel processional to the custom background for our vocalists. He and his assistant were so nice, easy to work with, attentive, patient, on point, funny, and put out a wonderful mix at the reception. We, old geezers of 72 and 76 respectively, were deighted with how he tailored everyting to our needs!

Kimmy · Married on 06/15/2018

We had Geoff as our DJ for our wedding. He was awesome! The only thing I wanted for my wedding reception was for people to be dancing and my guests and I danced the night away. This was no ordinary wedding, our dance floor was PACKED! People danced all night and we had to expand outside of the dance floor because so many people were dancing. The songs the DJs played were fun and kept people of all ages on the dance floor. Everyone complimented our DJs and told us what a great time they had at the wedding. I would highly recommend using Sounds Abound for your wedding!

Heather · Married on 06/09/2018

Tony was great!

Our DJ Tony was fantastic! He was responsive, catered to our individual music tastes, and made adjustments based on our requests on the wedding day. He was super sweet and sent us several pictures of us dancing and the cake after the wedding. When nobody understood the cupid shuffle at the beginning of the dancing, he stepped in and showed everyone what to do! Would highly recommend.

Brooke · Married on 05/25/2018

We had a wonderful experience with Sounds Abound for our May 25, 2018 wedding. They were extremely professional from the beginning and Rufus and his assistant did a wonderful job making sure everything went smoothly the day of the wedding! I enjoyed the online music planner and being able to plan our music requests ahead of time. I would highly recommend this company for your DJ needs!

Cheryl · Married on 05/19/2018

Geoff and Matt were excellent DJ's for our wedding. They were prompt and professional for the evening, and checked in with us during the event. They played all of our favorites, and kept the dance floor moving when the time came. We received so many complements on the evening, and the DJ was at the top of the list! Thank you guys for a wonderful night!

Michelle · Married on 05/18/2018

Tony from Sounds Abound was awesome! He had to have music/audio set up in 3 separate places (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) and he moved seamlessly from each location without ever a break in the songs. Even though two of the locations were outside, everyone said you could hear the music and microphones so clearly. He reached out via text often to see if we had questions/requests.

Kate · Married on 05/12/2018

Matt Ammons DJ’ed our wedding in May 2018 at Elements Event Venue in Naperville and we could not have been happier. A few weeks before our wedding Matt met with us to get to know us better, go over the timeline for our wedding day and to discuss our song choices. Matt was engaging and very detail oriented, we appreciated how much he wanted to ensure he was pronouncing our wedding party members names correctly. During the meeting we discussed our “must plays”, “do not plays” and gave Matt a general idea of what kind of music we would like played during the wedding. The day of our wedding he did an excellent job coordinating with our venue planner, keeping us on schedule with our timeline and most importantly keeping the dance floor packed. We felt bad that we only gave him a general sense of what we would want played but he took that and knocked it out of the park. He did an excellent job reading the crowd, playing the classic wedding songs early on and keeping it up-tempo with newer hits and mixing in our favorite throwbacks for the latter part of the night. We were very pleased with our experience with Sounds Abound. Their pricing is fair, their staff is responsive and they have a straightforward online planning tool to help select your songs. We would highly recommend Sounds Abound and DJ Matt Ammons to any of our family and friends.