Sound Wave Entertainment Reviews

1 User photo

Sound Wave Entertainment 1
  • Joanna

Joanna Davis · Married on 05/26/2019

Chris is the BEST wedding DJ!

We are SO happy that we chose Chris to be our wedding DJ! A few highlights:
    - When it rained just as our ceremony was supposed to begin, he quickly switched the music playing to "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Our guests couldn't stop talking about how funny it was! Then, when it stopped raining and a rainbow came out, he of course played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Everyone loved it!
    - He listened to our music choices 100%. Every single song that came on was one of our favorites. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good the music was - and our dance party was epic.
    - He even listened to our speeches and made song choices based on them. When my best friend mentioned in her speech that we listened to Ace of Base when we were growing up, he put on Ace of Base to get the party started!
    - Chris was always friendly, professional, and pleasant to work with. I truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ (and somehow, even with all of that, he's affordable)!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jesseca

Jesseca · Married on 05/18/2019

The best dj ever

I cannot imagine having a better DJ than Chris. He handled our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and it all went perfectly. He is very responsive, attentive, and professional. It is a worry free experience! I was struggling making a lot of song decisions and was worried about having the right music to fit the vibe we wanted, but he really made it easy. We were able to pick songs we knew we wanted but also lean heavily on his skill. He really knows how to keep the celebration and flow of the event going! We were so thankful to have him during the wedding. We are still getting compliments about Chris and the music a month later. He has a great personality, is very easy-going, and is all around fantastic to work with. I would strongly recommend Chris!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin O'malley · Married on 04/27/2019

Great to work with!

Chris was great to work with!! In the planning stage, he was very responsive and organized. He gave us an outline to work with that was very helpful. We had this idea of how we wanted the music to be at our wedding so that it represented us as a couple but would also be enjoyable for our guests. We provided him with a list of songs that were our "must hear" songs. Chris played those songs and also picked complimentary songs that we loved. After our wedding, everyone commented that the music was great and that it was the most fun, laid back wedding they had ever been to! Exactly what we wanted and we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Lisa Bateman · Married on 03/23/2019

Chris is a great DJ!

Chris was great to work with leading up to our wedding! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with, and he was helpful in making recommendations for songs when we were having a hard time coming up with ideas. He was a great emcee and made sure to pronounce all of our friends' names (even the very complicated ones) accurately. He played a good mix of slower songs, lively songs, older songs, and modern songs during the reception. Our guests all enjoyed the music and were dancing all night long!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Dina · Married on 10/07/2018

There are not enough good things to say about Chris Rao from Soundwave Entertainment. He is so professional and responsive. He really customizes your wedding to be like you and your significant other. He does not play one soundtrack for every wedding. He put so much time into meeting up with us before the wedding and perfecting our playlist. He lets you customize your songs and much or as little as you want. If you want someone who listens, but also knows how to get the dance floor moving, book with Chris! He is so polite and so sweet. He has a personality that is not overbearing but one that everyone will love.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

The best of the best

Chris was recommended to me from multiple acquaintances. From the various emails and the first time we met him in person, my husband, Michael and I were extremely impressed with his responsiveness, price, and organization. When we finally met in person, we were relieved to know we were in good hands with Chris. We had expressed how we had a very diverse guest list (country, Cuban, rockers) and had included song requests on our guests' RSVPs. Chris helped us with our timeline and had a lot of wonderful song suggestions on the things we were struggling with( I had been stressing over the timeline... it was like no sweat to him!) When wedding day came along, he worked harmoniously with our day of coordinator (who was my aunt working pro-bono) and was very flexible to adjusting the timeline as we needed it. We had so many compliments on him from our family and friends... his ability to read the crowd kept the party going! I would recommend Chris to anyone if they want an AMAZING wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • W

Whitney & Dave · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is absolutely AMAZING! Having worked with him in the past as an event planner I knew he would do a good job, but he made the planning process and day of so much more for not only myself and my husband but also for all of our guests. He is professional, fun loving and keeps your guests out on the dance floor and really enjoying themselves. If you are looking for the perfect touch to your perfect day, look no further! Thank you so much Chris, we couldn't have done it without you.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Haley · Married on 07/07/2018

You can stop your DJ search right here because you've found the perfect one! Chris was amazing in every aspect- he was so prepared, professional, responsive and made our wedding even more fun than I could have ever imagined! He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered. I was receiving comments by guests throughout the entire night about how great of a music selection he played that had EVERYONE from my 80 year old grandma to my 12 year old cousin on the dance floor until the very last minute. Every other vendor including our wedding planner also said that he was a pleasure to work with on all accounts. I would highly recommend Chris to any bride and groom out there!

Sent on 07/12/2018

jeff · Married on 06/30/2018

Chris was great to work with. He was very accessible with our weird requests! My wife and I are big country fans and he made a playlist for us that fit our personalities perfectly. Chris went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and everything we great! He met with us several times before the wedding to iron out and wrinkles that came up! I would recommend Chris to any wedding venue.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2018

Great DJ! Professional from the start, we used Chris for our ceremony music as well as reception. He was amazing--he listened to what we wanted and the suggestions offered when we couldn't think of a song for a certain moment were perfect! He knows how to "read a dancefloor" to keep the momentum going. To keep your grandmother as entertained and happy as your 12 year old nephew. Definitely consider using this company--you will not be disappointed. But you might be disappointed if you don't use them.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sharon · Married on 06/16/2018

Look no further! Chris was absolutely wonderful as the DJ for our daughter’s wedding. He was easy to work with and had to take all directions by email because the bride lives out of state. She had some special requests and he managed all them perfectly. Talk to Chris before your event

Sent on 08/06/2018

kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Really glad we went with Chris. He ran a great event and got us everything we needed:)

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Sound Wave Entertainment 2

Jeanette · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I are still on cloud 9 from our wedding! The music was perfect! Chris was professional and easy to work with. He really listed to our ideas and put together a perfect playlist for our big day. I repeatedly said “I love this song!” throughout the night. Thank you for helping us throw an awesome party!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Karson · Married on 05/26/2018

Chris was hands down the best DJ in the area. I had worked as a wedding coordinator for about 2 years and Chris was one of the DJs that would play at our venue very frequently. I had met many DJ's in those two years, but when it came time for me to choose mine for my wedding, there was no competition for Chris. He is very responsive, has a great personality, and just does an amazing job. I knew that by choosing him to DJ my wedding I would not have to worry about the ceremony music, the introduction, or the reception. He had it all organized!! (which is such a relief when you are planning your wedding) For many quests, the music and dancing is always something they will remember. Chris kept the party going and people on the dance floor until the very end. If there is ever an event that I need a DJ at, Chris will hands down be my first pick. I recommend him to absolutely anyone!!!!
    Thank you Chris for all your hard work, and for all of the memories that were made!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

DJ Chris Rao did a wonderful job at our wedding. Leading up to the big day, he was super easy to plan/schedule with and understood the vibe we were going for. He provided all the mics we needed for the ceremony (strings musicians and officiant), and he kept the reception moving smoothly afterward. He's the best kind of DJ -- one that has great energy and plays great music, but who also stays on the sideline and doesn't steal your spotlight (for lack of a better term!). He also works on the fly, incorporating music my sister referenced during her maid-of-honor speech into the playlist. We had given him a short playlist to build off of, and he totally understood what else would be a good fit. I'd recommend Chris to any couple!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Chris Rao as the DJ for our wedding in the beginning of November. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ- he was super responsive and helpful for our special requests for entrances/garter song, etc. Chris was also very easy-going when we had some changes to the ceremony location, etc. We chose Chris as our DJ after seeing him DJ a friends wedding and we were so thankful we did. We would recommend Chris to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Patrick · Married on 10/14/2017

Chris was fantastic at our wedding! His music selection was great and kept the vibe going throughout the entire night. Everyone was dancing the whole time!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Marianne · Married on 10/01/2017

Great music selection to keep the party going!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Amy · Married on 09/23/2017

Chris is AWESOME!!!! He is extremely easy to work with!!! He is very professional and accommodating as well:) We were so happy to have Chris as a part of our wedding!!! Two huge thumbs up!!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Christina · Married on 09/16/2017

We booked Chris for our wedding after hearing about him from a friend. He was better than we could have ever imagined. He made it so easy... we picked a few songs and he did the rest. He knew exactly which songs would get our guests out on the dance floor (which was packed) and exactly what songs we would like from the few we pre-selected. Chris was also so accommodating, last minute we requested an additional hour and he was flexible and happy to do it. We would recommend Sound Wave Entertainment to anyone and everyone. I honestly don't think there is a better dj out there. We would not have wanted anyone else for our special day.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2017

Chris Rao was an incredible DJ at our wedding. We were the 5th couple in our family to use him and he was amazing yet again! When meeting with us, he helped give context and advise on the timeline we had started, giving realistic estimates and helping us think through items we would have otherwise missed. And then the reception...AMAZING! First, he was always there to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed - water, food, a break - and played perfect music the entire time. Chris kept the party going with great music and the perfect rhythm - slowing things down when needed and speeding them back up to fill up the dance floor. Our family and friends had an absolute blast and we can't wait to be at another Chris Rao wedding soon!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Chris was absolutely amazing at our wedding! We had a hot day out on the lake and he made the ceremony, cock tail hour and reception perfect! He had big shoes to fill as he has DJed many of our friends weddings in the past. Each time he showed up ready to throw a great party. We had no complaints!
    He took charge and organized the reception from beginning to end, even helped get my crazy bridal party in line for our introductions.
    He mixed two songs together for our first dance, a slow "To the moon and back" with the upbeat" Head over boots" just PERFECTLY for us to dance to.
    He helped me pull off the best garter toss surprise, I surprised my now husband with an airplane bottle of fireball hidden in my garter. (Brad's favorite drink) Chris dropped the "Fireball" song right at the right moment. Turned out perfect.
    THANKS CHRIS!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

Chris Rao is the most professional, knowledgeable and fun DJ in all of Virginia, DC and Maryland. He had great suggestions when we needed ceremony music help and took no time to set his equipment up (at a venue he had never even been to before). He had our guests dancing allllll night long and kept our wedding running on schedule just as we had asked. We met with him about 2 weeks before and he walked us through the entire evening so he was familiar with our wants and needs. It made us feel completely comfortable with him and we fully trusted he'd play the music we like. I would recommend Chris and Sound Wave Entertainment for any wedding, party, outing or even a dang barbecue- He is hands down the the best in the biz!!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Samantha · Married on 04/22/2017

Chris Rao at Sound Wave Entertainment will forever be remembered in my household! Chris was the DJ at our wedding in April 2017! Before our big day, Chris sat down with us twice to ensure all our details were addressed. His ability to ease my nerves was remarkable. My indecisiveness was no issue for Chris. He helped us select a killer must play list and he was able to read my crowd like no other. I think every bride and groom dread having an empty dance floor at their wedding, but with Chris, ours was poppin' all night long. Needless to say, the tunes played before, during and throughout our wedding were chosen so wonderfully by Chris and his DJ-like ability to conduct a room is so reassuring! I would recommend Chris to anyone looking for a DJ to make their wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2016

The address listed on the webpage is misleading- they are located in Gainesville and can travel to northern VA. Contact them they are great! We had Chris as our dj and we loved him. He kept the music going and the people dancing! Even when the groom requested his sports team's anthem, Chris was able to find it and play it. He met us free of charge before our wedding, just so we could meet him. He even gave us advice on other vendors. Details of services: offered a discount if you paid in full, provided indoor and outdoor speakers, microphones and outdoor microphones.

Sent on 11/09/2016