Sound Wave Entertainment Reviews

81 | Gainesville, VA

81 Reviews for Sound Wave Entertainment

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth Haydu · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Did an amazing job getting to know me and my husband

Chris did a wonderful job talking to me and my husband about what we did and didn’t want and helping us keep on schedule for the day. We always had people dancing and would hire him again without question!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Alexa

Alexa Glick · Married on 08/10/2020

Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Chris did an incredible job as the DJ at my wedding! He was extremely organized, always had perfect timing with songs, and very flexible. We had on and off rain/wind on our wedding day, and he was prepared for small delays in ceremony time and adjustments that had to made throughout the night due to the weather. He did a great job selecting songs based on my husband and I's preferences, as well as incorporating songs that we specifically requested that were important to us. I would absolutely book him again for an event!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/13/2019

Great DJ- Very Organized

Chris was fantastic! He was very helpful throughout the planning process- he answered all our questions when we were looking for a DJ, kept track of our song requests, and met with us in person to plan our reception timeline about a month before the wedding! The day of Chris was early, very organized and fun! He kept our reception going on time and got people on the dance floor. I highly recommend working with Chris for your wedding!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/28/2019

Great DJ!!

Chris was an amazing DJ at our wedding! He was on time, professional, and very fun! He was super helpful and knowledgeable during our wedding planning. 10/10 would hire him again!

Sent on 01/09/2020

Hillary Long · Married on 09/22/2019

Absolute Best Experience!

Chris was a joy to work with! First of all, the pricing was very reasonable, especially for the area. I was trying to coordinate an east coast wedding while still living on the west coast and Chris was so gracious and easy to work with. He took our song preferences and then crafted an amazing playlist that we and our guests loved dancing to. It made the day that much more special seeing all of our loved ones having a blast. He was absolutely fantastic to work with and I would highly recommend his services!

Sent on 02/12/2020

Heather Smith · Married on 08/31/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Chris did an amazing job for our wedding! He was very professional, guided us through the process, answered all of our questions in a timely manner and most importantly kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Chris was great to work with and I would highly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Hannah · Married on 08/23/2019

Perfect DJ!!

Chris Rao was the DJ for our wedding at Bluemont Vineyard and definitely made the night go smoothly without skipping a beat! Everyone loved the music and he was such a pleasure to work with. He genuinely cares about you having everything that you need and is willing to work with you. My husband's father sang for our first dance, along with one of his groomsmen on the guitar; Chris had everything for them to get set up and was more than accommodating. Highly recommend Sound Wave Entertainment & Chris for your wedding day!!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Steve Kaltenbaugh · Married on 07/20/2019

Clever, attentive, upbeat - fantastic all around!

We chose Chris for our wedding based on the recommendation of a friend. He met with us weeks before the ceremony and made sure we had the perfect setup and all the songs we wanted (and omitted the ones we didn't). On the wedding day, he was a true professional, hitting all the right notes, from getting the party started to respecting an emotional moment between me and my mom. He even surprised my wife (a James Madison alum) by playing the JMU fight song, unprompted, and getting all her fellow alumni to the floor. We have absolutely nothing bad to say about Chris - book him and you'll have a great time!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Jennifer · Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome dj :)

Chris was awesome to work with. He came highly recommended from our venue, Bluemont Vineyards, and we could not have been happier with our decision to hire Chris. He took the time to meet with us prior to our wedding to discuss the schedule for the day as well as to get to know us as a couple and our music preferences. Chris did such a great job the day of the wedding with his selection of music and making sure we stayed on schedule. We highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Davis · Married on 05/26/2019

Chris is the BEST wedding DJ!

We are SO happy that we chose Chris to be our wedding DJ! A few highlights:
    - When it rained just as our ceremony was supposed to begin, he quickly switched the music playing to "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Our guests couldn't stop talking about how funny it was! Then, when it stopped raining and a rainbow came out, he of course played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Everyone loved it!
    - He listened to our music choices 100%. Every single song that came on was one of our favorites. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good the music was - and our dance party was epic.
    - He even listened to our speeches and made song choices based on them. When my best friend mentioned in her speech that we listened to Ace of Base when we were growing up, he put on Ace of Base to get the party started!
    - Chris was always friendly, professional, and pleasant to work with. I truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ (and somehow, even with all of that, he's affordable)!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Jesseca

Jesseca · Married on 05/18/2019

The best dj ever

I cannot imagine having a better DJ than Chris. He handled our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and it all went perfectly. He is very responsive, attentive, and professional. It is a worry free experience! I was struggling making a lot of song decisions and was worried about having the right music to fit the vibe we wanted, but he really made it easy. We were able to pick songs we knew we wanted but also lean heavily on his skill. He really knows how to keep the celebration and flow of the event going! We were so thankful to have him during the wedding. We are still getting compliments about Chris and the music a month later. He has a great personality, is very easy-going, and is all around fantastic to work with. I would strongly recommend Chris!!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin O'malley · Married on 04/27/2019

Great to work with!

Chris was great to work with!! In the planning stage, he was very responsive and organized. He gave us an outline to work with that was very helpful. We had this idea of how we wanted the music to be at our wedding so that it represented us as a couple but would also be enjoyable for our guests. We provided him with a list of songs that were our "must hear" songs. Chris played those songs and also picked complimentary songs that we loved. After our wedding, everyone commented that the music was great and that it was the most fun, laid back wedding they had ever been to! Exactly what we wanted and we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Lisa Bateman · Married on 03/23/2019

Chris is a great DJ!

Chris was great to work with leading up to our wedding! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with, and he was helpful in making recommendations for songs when we were having a hard time coming up with ideas. He was a great emcee and made sure to pronounce all of our friends' names (even the very complicated ones) accurately. He played a good mix of slower songs, lively songs, older songs, and modern songs during the reception. Our guests all enjoyed the music and were dancing all night long!

Sent on 06/29/2019

Dina · Married on 10/07/2018

There are not enough good things to say about Chris Rao from Soundwave Entertainment. He is so professional and responsive. He really customizes your wedding to be like you and your significant other. He does not play one soundtrack for every wedding. He put so much time into meeting up with us before the wedding and perfecting our playlist. He lets you customize your songs and much or as little as you want. If you want someone who listens, but also knows how to get the dance floor moving, book with Chris! He is so polite and so sweet. He has a personality that is not overbearing but one that everyone will love.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2018

The best of the best

Chris was recommended to me from multiple acquaintances. From the various emails and the first time we met him in person, my husband, Michael and I were extremely impressed with his responsiveness, price, and organization. When we finally met in person, we were relieved to know we were in good hands with Chris. We had expressed how we had a very diverse guest list (country, Cuban, rockers) and had included song requests on our guests' RSVPs. Chris helped us with our timeline and had a lot of wonderful song suggestions on the things we were struggling with( I had been stressing over the timeline... it was like no sweat to him!) When wedding day came along, he worked harmoniously with our day of coordinator (who was my aunt working pro-bono) and was very flexible to adjusting the timeline as we needed it. We had so many compliments on him from our family and friends... his ability to read the crowd kept the party going! I would recommend Chris to anyone if they want an AMAZING wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2018
  • W

Whitney & Dave · Married on 09/29/2018

Chris is absolutely AMAZING! Having worked with him in the past as an event planner I knew he would do a good job, but he made the planning process and day of so much more for not only myself and my husband but also for all of our guests. He is professional, fun loving and keeps your guests out on the dance floor and really enjoying themselves. If you are looking for the perfect touch to your perfect day, look no further! Thank you so much Chris, we couldn't have done it without you.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Haley · Married on 07/07/2018

You can stop your DJ search right here because you've found the perfect one! Chris was amazing in every aspect- he was so prepared, professional, responsive and made our wedding even more fun than I could have ever imagined! He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered. I was receiving comments by guests throughout the entire night about how great of a music selection he played that had EVERYONE from my 80 year old grandma to my 12 year old cousin on the dance floor until the very last minute. Every other vendor including our wedding planner also said that he was a pleasure to work with on all accounts. I would highly recommend Chris to any bride and groom out there!

Sent on 07/12/2018

jeff · Married on 06/30/2018

Chris was great to work with. He was very accessible with our weird requests! My wife and I are big country fans and he made a playlist for us that fit our personalities perfectly. Chris went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and everything we great! He met with us several times before the wedding to iron out and wrinkles that came up! I would recommend Chris to any wedding venue.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2018

Great DJ! Professional from the start, we used Chris for our ceremony music as well as reception. He was amazing--he listened to what we wanted and the suggestions offered when we couldn't think of a song for a certain moment were perfect! He knows how to "read a dancefloor" to keep the momentum going. To keep your grandmother as entertained and happy as your 12 year old nephew. Definitely consider using this company--you will not be disappointed. But you might be disappointed if you don't use them.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Sharon · Married on 06/16/2018

Look no further! Chris was absolutely wonderful as the DJ for our daughter’s wedding. He was easy to work with and had to take all directions by email because the bride lives out of state. She had some special requests and he managed all them perfectly. Talk to Chris before your event

Sent on 08/06/2018

kelly · Married on 06/15/2018

Really glad we went with Chris. He ran a great event and got us everything we needed:)

Sent on 08/27/2018

Jeanette · Married on 06/02/2018

My husband and I are still on cloud 9 from our wedding! The music was perfect! Chris was professional and easy to work with. He really listed to our ideas and put together a perfect playlist for our big day. I repeatedly said “I love this song!” throughout the night. Thank you for helping us throw an awesome party!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Karson · Married on 05/26/2018

Chris was hands down the best DJ in the area. I had worked as a wedding coordinator for about 2 years and Chris was one of the DJs that would play at our venue very frequently. I had met many DJ's in those two years, but when it came time for me to choose mine for my wedding, there was no competition for Chris. He is very responsive, has a great personality, and just does an amazing job. I knew that by choosing him to DJ my wedding I would not have to worry about the ceremony music, the introduction, or the reception. He had it all organized!! (which is such a relief when you are planning your wedding) For many quests, the music and dancing is always something they will remember. Chris kept the party going and people on the dance floor until the very end. If there is ever an event that I need a DJ at, Chris will hands down be my first pick. I recommend him to absolutely anyone!!!!
    Thank you Chris for all your hard work, and for all of the memories that were made!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Haley · Married on 04/21/2018

DJ Chris Rao did a wonderful job at our wedding. Leading up to the big day, he was super easy to plan/schedule with and understood the vibe we were going for. He provided all the mics we needed for the ceremony (strings musicians and officiant), and he kept the reception moving smoothly afterward. He's the best kind of DJ -- one that has great energy and plays great music, but who also stays on the sideline and doesn't steal your spotlight (for lack of a better term!). He also works on the fly, incorporating music my sister referenced during her maid-of-honor speech into the playlist. We had given him a short playlist to build off of, and he totally understood what else would be a good fit. I'd recommend Chris to any couple!

Sent on 05/24/2018

Meghan · Married on 11/04/2017

We used Chris Rao as the DJ for our wedding in the beginning of November. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ- he was super responsive and helpful for our special requests for entrances/garter song, etc. Chris was also very easy-going when we had some changes to the ceremony location, etc. We chose Chris as our DJ after seeing him DJ a friends wedding and we were so thankful we did. We would recommend Chris to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/30/2017