Sound Wave Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel G. Married on 09/25/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

Chris was awesome! I will definitely be recommending him to anyone i know getting married in the area.
  • Angela
    Angela O. Married on 09/12/2021

Great Wedding DJ

Overall, Chris was great to work with. He had great reviews on here and came recommended by our venue. We had a 45 minute call prior to the ceremony to go over music tastes and the timeline. He provided some great feedback and suggestions, which I really appreciated. He was also flexible with me picking some of the songs later because I couldn't make up my mind. He helped with setting up the ceremony music for our string band, which was really nice, along with the microphones. He also dealt with me requesting music at the end of the night after some adult beverages, so he deserves a big thank you! I would highly recommend him for any wedding!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 09/11/2021

Really let us personalize

Chris was great to work with! He let us pick whatever songs we wanted throughout the day but also picked music himself. Everyone loved the music!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth H. Married on 04/09/2021

Did an amazing job getting to know me and my husband

Chris did a wonderful job talking to me and my husband about what we did and didn’t want and helping us keep on schedule for the day. We always had people dancing and would hire him again without question!
    Jeff Married on 09/12/2020

Soundwave DJ - THE BEST experience!

From our initial phone call, through the actual event, Chris went above and beyond to make our daughter's wedding a memorable and special day. Email, phone and zoom meetings to prepare were convenient, fun and productive; coming up with ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music lists was collaborative and executed perfectly. Especially during this pandemic, when many of the plans had to be altered, and size of our reception decreased, Chris kept the dance floor moving and exciting (and socially distanced) and was the perfect Emcee. Having heard of nightmare DJ stories, Chris was the exact opposite -- professional mics and sound equipment and an excellent mix of music. Highly recommended!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 08/29/2020

Chris Rao is a godsend!

Like many other brides this year, we were disappointed when the pandemic hit and we had to cancel our original wedding plans. We decided to replan a small ceremony and are so grateful for Chris and Soundwave entertainment for making it an amazing day. Chris helped organize the outline for the ceremony and reception which was so helpful - at the time I was so stressed and worried about having to cancel again that I couldn’t even think about what wedding round 2 would be like - and Chris really helped bring it to life. His music choices were spot on and kept people on the dance floor. I wasn’t sure that we’d even have dancing at all during COVID times, but Chris made it happen and all in a way that felt safe. He was a huge part of making our wedding happen and we are so grateful to him for all the support!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren G. Married on 08/21/2020

Hire Chris, Seriously!

First, let me say that having a wedding during COVID comes with challenges. Having to push our wedding back by a few months was so stressful, especially not knowing if our already hired vendors would still be available. Not only was Chris SUPER nice and professional, but he made sure he was available for our new date and kept in contact with me every step of the way! He met with my husband and I a few weeks prior to come up with the perfect timeline for our wedding, get our playlist (including songs we did not want played) and made sure he had everyone’s name pronounced correctly. At our wedding, he transitioned so smoothly between dinner, toasts, cake, etc... Even though most people were hesitant to dance due to social distancing, Chris kept the music up and we had the best time dancing! Brides, you will not regret hiring Chris. We seriously could not have picked a better DJ. 🥂
  • Alexa
    Alexa G. Married on 08/10/2020

Could not have asked for a better DJ!

Chris did an incredible job as the DJ at my wedding! He was extremely organized, always had perfect timing with songs, and very flexible. We had on and off rain/wind on our wedding day, and he was prepared for small delays in ceremony time and adjustments that had to made throughout the night due to the weather. He did a great job selecting songs based on my husband and I's preferences, as well as incorporating songs that we specifically requested that were important to us. I would absolutely book him again for an event!
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/13/2019

Great DJ- Very Organized

Chris was fantastic! He was very helpful throughout the planning process- he answered all our questions when we were looking for a DJ, kept track of our song requests, and met with us in person to plan our reception timeline about a month before the wedding! The day of Chris was early, very organized and fun! He kept our reception going on time and got people on the dance floor. I highly recommend working with Chris for your wedding!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 09/28/2019

Great DJ!!

Chris was an amazing DJ at our wedding! He was on time, professional, and very fun! He was super helpful and knowledgeable during our wedding planning. 10/10 would hire him again!
    Hillary L. Married on 09/22/2019

Absolute Best Experience!

Chris was a joy to work with! First of all, the pricing was very reasonable, especially for the area. I was trying to coordinate an east coast wedding while still living on the west coast and Chris was so gracious and easy to work with. He took our song preferences and then crafted an amazing playlist that we and our guests loved dancing to. It made the day that much more special seeing all of our loved ones having a blast. He was absolutely fantastic to work with and I would highly recommend his services!
    Heather S. Married on 08/31/2019

Highly Recommend!!

Chris did an amazing job for our wedding! He was very professional, guided us through the process, answered all of our questions in a timely manner and most importantly kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Chris was great to work with and I would highly recommend him to everyone!
    Hannah Married on 08/23/2019

Perfect DJ!!

Chris Rao was the DJ for our wedding at Bluemont Vineyard and definitely made the night go smoothly without skipping a beat! Everyone loved the music and he was such a pleasure to work with. He genuinely cares about you having everything that you need and is willing to work with you. My husband's father sang for our first dance, along with one of his groomsmen on the guitar; Chris had everything for them to get set up and was more than accommodating. Highly recommend Sound Wave Entertainment & Chris for your wedding day!!
    Steve K. Married on 07/20/2019

Clever, attentive, upbeat - fantastic all around!

We chose Chris for our wedding based on the recommendation of a friend. He met with us weeks before the ceremony and made sure we had the perfect setup and all the songs we wanted (and omitted the ones we didn't). On the wedding day, he was a true professional, hitting all the right notes, from getting the party started to respecting an emotional moment between me and my mom. He even surprised my wife (a James Madison alum) by playing the JMU fight song, unprompted, and getting all her fellow alumni to the floor. We have absolutely nothing bad to say about Chris - book him and you'll have a great time!
    Jennifer Married on 06/15/2019

Awesome dj :)

Chris was awesome to work with. He came highly recommended from our venue, Bluemont Vineyards, and we could not have been happier with our decision to hire Chris. He took the time to meet with us prior to our wedding to discuss the schedule for the day as well as to get to know us as a couple and our music preferences. Chris did such a great job the day of the wedding with his selection of music and making sure we stayed on schedule. We highly recommend hiring Chris as your DJ!
  • Joanna
    Joanna D. Married on 05/26/2019

Chris is the BEST wedding DJ!

We are SO happy that we chose Chris to be our wedding DJ! A few highlights:
    - When it rained just as our ceremony was supposed to begin, he quickly switched the music playing to "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Our guests couldn't stop talking about how funny it was! Then, when it stopped raining and a rainbow came out, he of course played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." Everyone loved it!
    - He listened to our music choices 100%. Every single song that came on was one of our favorites. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how good the music was - and our dance party was epic.
    - He even listened to our speeches and made song choices based on them. When my best friend mentioned in her speech that we listened to Ace of Base when we were growing up, he put on Ace of Base to get the party started!
    - Chris was always friendly, professional, and pleasant to work with. I truly couldn't have asked for a better DJ (and somehow, even with all of that, he's affordable)!
  • Jesseca
    Jesseca Married on 05/18/2019

The best dj ever

I cannot imagine having a better DJ than Chris. He handled our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and it all went perfectly. He is very responsive, attentive, and professional. It is a worry free experience! I was struggling making a lot of song decisions and was worried about having the right music to fit the vibe we wanted, but he really made it easy. We were able to pick songs we knew we wanted but also lean heavily on his skill. He really knows how to keep the celebration and flow of the event going! We were so thankful to have him during the wedding. We are still getting compliments about Chris and the music a month later. He has a great personality, is very easy-going, and is all around fantastic to work with. I would strongly recommend Chris!!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin O. Married on 04/27/2019

Great to work with!

Chris was great to work with!! In the planning stage, he was very responsive and organized. He gave us an outline to work with that was very helpful. We had this idea of how we wanted the music to be at our wedding so that it represented us as a couple but would also be enjoyable for our guests. We provided him with a list of songs that were our "must hear" songs. Chris played those songs and also picked complimentary songs that we loved. After our wedding, everyone commented that the music was great and that it was the most fun, laid back wedding they had ever been to! Exactly what we wanted and we couldn't be happier!!
    Lisa B. Married on 03/23/2019

Chris is a great DJ!

Chris was great to work with leading up to our wedding! He was very responsive and easy to communicate with, and he was helpful in making recommendations for songs when we were having a hard time coming up with ideas. He was a great emcee and made sure to pronounce all of our friends' names (even the very complicated ones) accurately. He played a good mix of slower songs, lively songs, older songs, and modern songs during the reception. Our guests all enjoyed the music and were dancing all night long!
    Dina Married on 10/07/2018
    There are not enough good things to say about Chris Rao from Soundwave Entertainment. He is so professional and responsive. He really customizes your wedding to be like you and your significant other. He does not play one soundtrack for every wedding. He put so much time into meeting up with us before the wedding and perfecting our playlist. He lets you customize your songs and much or as little as you want. If you want someone who listens, but also knows how to get the dance floor moving, book with Chris! He is so polite and so sweet. He has a personality that is not overbearing but one that everyone will love.
    Amanda Married on 10/06/2018

The best of the best

Chris was recommended to me from multiple acquaintances. From the various emails and the first time we met him in person, my husband, Michael and I were extremely impressed with his responsiveness, price, and organization. When we finally met in person, we were relieved to know we were in good hands with Chris. We had expressed how we had a very diverse guest list (country, Cuban, rockers) and had included song requests on our guests' RSVPs. Chris helped us with our timeline and had a lot of wonderful song suggestions on the things we were struggling with( I had been stressing over the timeline... it was like no sweat to him!) When wedding day came along, he worked harmoniously with our day of coordinator (who was my aunt working pro-bono) and was very flexible to adjusting the timeline as we needed it. We had so many compliments on him from our family and friends... his ability to read the crowd kept the party going! I would recommend Chris to anyone if they want an AMAZING wedding!
  • W
    Whitney D. Married on 09/29/2018
    Chris is absolutely AMAZING! Having worked with him in the past as an event planner I knew he would do a good job, but he made the planning process and day of so much more for not only myself and my husband but also for all of our guests. He is professional, fun loving and keeps your guests out on the dance floor and really enjoying themselves. If you are looking for the perfect touch to your perfect day, look no further! Thank you so much Chris, we couldn't have done it without you.
    Haley Married on 07/07/2018
    You can stop your DJ search right here because you've found the perfect one! Chris was amazing in every aspect- he was so prepared, professional, responsive and made our wedding even more fun than I could have ever imagined! He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered. I was receiving comments by guests throughout the entire night about how great of a music selection he played that had EVERYONE from my 80 year old grandma to my 12 year old cousin on the dance floor until the very last minute. Every other vendor including our wedding planner also said that he was a pleasure to work with on all accounts. I would highly recommend Chris to any bride and groom out there!
    Jeff Married on 06/30/2018
    Chris was great to work with. He was very accessible with our weird requests! My wife and I are big country fans and he made a playlist for us that fit our personalities perfectly. Chris went out of his way to make us feel comfortable and everything we great! He met with us several times before the wedding to iron out and wrinkles that came up! I would recommend Chris to any wedding venue.
    Sharon Married on 06/16/2018
    Look no further! Chris was absolutely wonderful as the DJ for our daughter’s wedding. He was easy to work with and had to take all directions by email because the bride lives out of state. She had some special requests and he managed all them perfectly. Talk to Chris before your event