60 Reviews for Sound Wave Entertainment

Liability Insurance (3)
60 Sound Wave Entertainment Reviews

You can stop your DJ search right here because you've found the perfect one! Chris was amazing in every aspect- he was so prepared, professional, responsive and made our wedding even more fun than I could have ever imagined! He listened to exactly what we wanted and delivered. I was receiving comments by guests throughout the entire night about how great of a music selection he played that had EVERYONE from my 80 year old grandma to my 12 year old cousin on the dance floor until the very last minute. Every other vendor including our wedding planner also said that he was a pleasure to work with on all accounts. I would highly recommend Chris to any bride and groom out there!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great DJ! Professional from the start, we used Chris for our ceremony music as well as reception. He was amazing--he listened to what we wanted and the suggestions offered when we couldn't think of a song for a certain moment were perfect! He knows how to "read a dancefloor" to keep the momentum going. To keep your grandmother as entertained and happy as your 12 year old nephew. Definitely consider using this company--you will not be disappointed. But you might be disappointed if you don't use them.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/16/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I are still on cloud 9 from our wedding! The music was perfect! Chris was professional and easy to work with. He really listed to our ideas and put together a perfect playlist for our big day. I repeatedly said “I love this song!” throughout the night. Thank you for helping us throw an awesome party!

Profile Picture Jeanette, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Chris Rao did a wonderful job at our wedding. Leading up to the big day, he was super easy to plan/schedule with and understood the vibe we were going for. He provided all the mics we needed for the ceremony (strings musicians and officiant), and he kept the reception moving smoothly afterward. He's the best kind of DJ -- one that has great energy and plays great music, but who also stays on the sideline and doesn't steal your spotlight (for lack of a better term!). He also works on the fly, incorporating music my sister referenced during her maid-of-honor speech into the playlist. We had given him a short playlist to build off of, and he totally understood what else would be a good fit. I'd recommend Chris to any couple!

Profile Picture Haley, 4/21/18, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Chris Rao as the DJ for our wedding in the beginning of November. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ- he was super responsive and helpful for our special requests for entrances/garter song, etc. Chris was also very easy-going when we had some changes to the ceremony location, etc. We chose Chris as our DJ after seeing him DJ a friends wedding and we were so thankful we did. We would recommend Chris to anyone!!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris was fantastic at our wedding! His music selection was great and kept the vibe going throughout the entire night. Everyone was dancing the whole time!

Profile Picture Patrick, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Great music selection to keep the party going!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Chris was great from start to finish. He came highly recommended from the venue I was using for my wedding and I can see why. He was easy to work with and very quick to respond to questions and he helped ensure everything went as planned day of. He was also flexible to last minute changes and song requests and was absolutely wonderful to my niece and nephew in terms of listening to their requests and showing them his sound equipment. Without a doubt, he'd be my first call for the next time I needed a DJ and I'd highly recommend him to friends and family.

Profile Picture Beth, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris is AWESOME!!!! He is extremely easy to work with!!! He is very professional and accommodating as well:) We were so happy to have Chris as a part of our wedding!!! Two huge thumbs up!!!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Chris for our wedding after hearing about him from a friend. He was better than we could have ever imagined. He made it so easy... we picked a few songs and he did the rest. He knew exactly which songs would get our guests out on the dance floor (which was packed) and exactly what songs we would like from the few we pre-selected. Chris was also so accommodating, last minute we requested an additional hour and he was flexible and happy to do it. We would recommend Sound Wave Entertainment to anyone and everyone. I honestly don't think there is a better dj out there. We would not have wanted anyone else for our special day.

Profile Picture Christina, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris Rao was an incredible DJ at our wedding. We were the 5th couple in our family to use him and he was amazing yet again! When meeting with us, he helped give context and advise on the timeline we had started, giving realistic estimates and helping us think through items we would have otherwise missed. And then the reception...AMAZING! First, he was always there to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed - water, food, a break - and played perfect music the entire time. Chris kept the party going with great music and the perfect rhythm - slowing things down when needed and speeding them back up to fill up the dance floor. Our family and friends had an absolute blast and we can't wait to be at another Chris Rao wedding soon!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/2/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris was absolutely amazing at our wedding! We had a hot day out on the lake and he made the ceremony, cock tail hour and reception perfect! He had big shoes to fill as he has DJed many of our friends weddings in the past. Each time he showed up ready to throw a great party. We had no complaints!
He took charge and organized the reception from beginning to end, even helped get my crazy bridal party in line for our introductions.
He mixed two songs together for our first dance, a slow "To the moon and back" with the upbeat" Head over boots" just PERFECTLY for us to dance to.
He helped me pull off the best garter toss surprise, I surprised my now husband with an airplane bottle of fireball hidden in my garter. (Brad's favorite drink) Chris dropped the "Fireball" song right at the right moment. Turned out perfect.
THANKS CHRIS!!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris Rao is the most professional, knowledgeable and fun DJ in all of Virginia, DC and Maryland. He had great suggestions when we needed ceremony music help and took no time to set his equipment up (at a venue he had never even been to before). He had our guests dancing allllll night long and kept our wedding running on schedule just as we had asked. We met with him about 2 weeks before and he walked us through the entire evening so he was familiar with our wants and needs. It made us feel completely comfortable with him and we fully trusted he'd play the music we like. I would recommend Chris and Sound Wave Entertainment for any wedding, party, outing or even a dang barbecue- He is hands down the the best in the biz!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris Rao at Sound Wave Entertainment will forever be remembered in my household! Chris was the DJ at our wedding in April 2017! Before our big day, Chris sat down with us twice to ensure all our details were addressed. His ability to ease my nerves was remarkable. My indecisiveness was no issue for Chris. He helped us select a killer must play list and he was able to read my crowd like no other. I think every bride and groom dread having an empty dance floor at their wedding, but with Chris, ours was poppin' all night long. Needless to say, the tunes played before, during and throughout our wedding were chosen so wonderfully by Chris and his DJ-like ability to conduct a room is so reassuring! I would recommend Chris to anyone looking for a DJ to make their wedding unforgettable!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

The address listed on the webpage is misleading- they are located in Gainesville and can travel to northern VA. Contact them they are great! We had Chris as our dj and we loved him. He kept the music going and the people dancing! Even when the groom requested his sports team's anthem, Chris was able to find it and play it. He met us free of charge before our wedding, just so we could meet him. He even gave us advice on other vendors. Details of services: offered a discount if you paid in full, provided indoor and outdoor speakers, microphones and outdoor microphones.

Profile Picture User7396525, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Soundwave Entertainment was the best choice we could have made for entertainment and lighting at our wedding! Wendy was amazing to work with and has a heart of pure gold. We had originally hired a band that did not work out and in a panic I e-mailed her if they still had availability for our date this close. Not only did she get back to me right away to confirm they did, she called me from the airport on her day off because she did not want me to stress waiting for her response. Our uplighting for the event was beautiful and perfectly captured the romantic feel I wanted for the ballroom. Vinny and his assistant DJ Ray were so fun to work with and did a great job entertaining the crowd and keeping the flow going. Vinny is extremely talented and kept our dance floor full the entire night. We had family members I would have never guessed to be out there breaking it down on the dance floor. That was all because of Vinny and his choices in music and mixing capabilities. There was never a dull “might as well grab a drink” moment for anyone and everyone had such a great time! Thank you Vinny, Ray and Wendy for a night we will never forget. We truly had the time of our lives! I highly recommend Soundwave Entertainment for your wedding DJ and uplighting!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/13/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sound Wave Entertainment was a preferred vendor for our daughter's reception place. I checked out their website and was drawn to the DJ Chris Rao. I contacted him and my daughter, her fiance, and I all met with him. He was so nice and laid back - I knew he would be perfect for the reception. He did not disappoint. With a few glitches in the evenings schedule, Chris informed me what was going on and somehow kept everything running smoothly. After dinner, the dance floor remained crowded - everyone had such a good time!! Chris even kept the youngest guests entertained with glow necklaces or bracelets. It was such a fun evening thanks to Chris. I've already booked him for my next daughter's wedding in May! I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User6201934, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris Rao was the Dj we met at EverGreen's Bridal Expo this past Winter in Haymarket, VA. He was so laid back and friendly. He really makes the whole stressful wedding process seem like a breeze. I wanted to book him on the spot, and did! When my Fiancée met him, he said the same thing about how Chris really puts you at ease and lets you know he is there for you every step-of-the-way. Chris was so patient waiting up to just a few days before our wedding for the final song choices. He didn't miss a beat on the wedding day, and we really couldn't have asked for a better DJ/coach to walk us through our reception:) We highly recommend Chris Rao and his company. And might I add, we never gave him a song list per se, but informed we would like a mix of 70s rock, 80s, old skool hip-hop and current/modern songs. He had the perfect balance of music that everyone wanted to dance to, and I even had a few people ask me for the playlist, haha. Thanks again Chris, for making our wedding day so enjoyable.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Dress & Attire
Services Used: Liability Insurance

Chris was great. He was like a 2nd wedding coordinator as well as a great DJ. He kept our wedding running smoothly from the ceremony all the way to end of the reception. The DJ and music was by far one of the most important things to us and I'm so happy we had Chris. He had the right energy, was well organized and professional and love the choices he made when it came to play certain songs. - Carter and Susan

Profile Picture Susan, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I actually met Chris shortly after getting engaged ourselves at our friends' wedding which we were both a part of. We had such a great time dancing away at our friends' wedding we asked them for their DJ's name. Our friends has nothing but positive things to say about Chris and raved about how organized and helpful he was coordinating the evening for them. Up until then, I had no idea how much the DJ plays a part on your timeline and event coordinating. At our details meeting he listened to what types of music we wanted and really paid attention to what type of crowd we had on the dance floor and selecting the perfect songs--everyone had a great time! Chris was also great working with me, the groom, my photographers, and venue coordinators. Again, not something you think about but you don't want your DJ to announce your father daughter dance and your dad to be nowhere in sight. Or, announce the cake cutting ceremony when your photographer took a moment to use the restroom and wasn't able to capture the photo. He really pays attention to detail and works with everyone in a professional manner to make sure you have the most fun reception! I would highly recommend Chris to new brides to be and other customers with DJ/music needs alike!

Profile Picture Nari, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved working with Chris. He was very professional, was able to use the songs I wanted where it was important to me and provide the perfect songs where I left it up to him to choose. My friends and family were up dancing the ENTIRE night and I kept hearing afterwards how much fun they had.

Profile Picture User4955825, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot stress enough what a wonderful DJ Chris was to work with. Our wedding what truly magical with several unique events and inclusions, and Chris orchestrated the entire evening absolutely perfectly with not one hiccup. Moreover, the entire party was jumping all night long. I don't think one person wasn't on the dance floor and it was because he played the right music to excite our guests. I recommend him over and over.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

When my husband and I met Chris to go over our timeline and song choices, I could tell our day was going to be stress and worry free. I felt I could depend on Chris to keep us on track and we wouldn't have to worry about a thing. Our day was absolutely perfect!! We danced the night away and it was because he played the right music at the right time. I would absolutely recommend him!

Profile Picture Shelley, 9/19/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris Rao was our DJ and he was absolutely AMAZING. To make it simple, our guests had so much fun that after the last song played everyone chanted "one more song! One more song!" I've been to other weddings where the DJ struggles to get the guests involved and moving, but Chris did an amazing job! He met with us to discuss the vibe we wanted and truly put our vision to work. He was able to mix in music that would appease the older crowd, as well as the younger crowd. The father-daughter and mother-son dances were done tastefully and did not drag out too long.

Profile Picture User4858599, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris met with us prior to our big day to discuss and plan the essential details. We were unsure about what songs to use during our processional and recessional; he took the time to talk with us, find out what we liked, and suggested the perfect songs! Our guests were up and dancing the majority of the time during our ceremony.

Chris was a great DJ. We felt like he truly cared about us, listened to our wants and needs, and went above and beyond to make sure that our big day was amazing. Everyone had a great time!

Profile Picture Erin, 7/12/14, 7 Reviews