Sound Prodigy Reviews

Sound Prodigy 1
Sound Prodigy 2
Sound Prodigy 3

Erica · Getting married on 03/23/2019

We hired Dj Pat from Sound Prodigy for our wedding on the Queen Mary in Long Beach on November 17, 2012. It was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. We had gone to so many wedding shows and had met a bunch of other DJs that just seemed so cheap and slimy, I was so glad I didnt have to consider one of them. Dj Pat create us our own website to do everything on. We could list the different types of music we wanted played at different times, songs we really wanted played and songs we definitely didnt want. He got to know us and was able to make suggestions that fit our needs. My biggest thing was not playing Beyonce's "Single Ladies" song for my bouquet toss, but I didnt have to worry because DJ Pat understood and gave me a long list of songs to use instead. My other biggest fear was having to deal with the sensitive subject of having a father and a step-father. Dj Pat knew exactly how to introduce the 2 father-daughter dances so that they both had their special moment and there were no hurt feelings. This was one of the most important thing for me and DJ Pat took care of it all. I also want people to understand the whole other level of service you receive when you hire DJ Pat. DJ Pat really understands the importance of professionalism. He took care of keeping the reception on schedule, timing everything perfectly to keep everyone involved and active. I had been to multiple weddings before, but when its your own you get lost during the reception. I had no idea what to do next, even though I had looked at the time line tons of times. Thank goodness for DJ Pat because he kept everything in line. I would recommend him to anyone time after time again!

Sound Prodigy's reply:

Oh, Erica... Thank you for taking the time to write that wonderful review! :) From then bottom of my heart I say THANK YOU!
  • Alanna

Alanna · Married on 02/09/2019

DJ Pat is the best. Period. Full stop.

I say this with nothing but the utmost honesty...DJ Pat KILLED IT on our wedding day!!! My husband and I hired him on Wedding Wire based on his incredible reviews, and he lives up to his glowing reputation. He kept the energy up throughout the morning, kept our entire wedding on schedule with his excellent emcee skills, and truly listened to our must play list and built an amazing DJ set around those requests. My husband and I will recommend him to all of our friends planning a wedding. Everybody had a good time, and we cannot thank him enough for making our day so fun. Thank you DJ Pat!! You rock!!

Sound Prodigy's reply:

Oh, heck yeah! Thank you for that amazing review! I also had a wonderful time as well. Your friends and family were super cool and for me that just makes my job all the better when I perform for good people! Thanks you Alana! :)

Richard Dang · Married on 02/02/2019

Wedding Ceremony and Reception

Pat knew we had a tight window to plan our wedding and was straight forward and clear on what we needed to achieve to have an amazing wedding. His communication and professionalism make me feel comfortable that we would be in good hands on our wedding to entertain our guests with terrific music and emceeing our reception. Pat’s video and phone calls were very effective ways to review the music and timeline. On our wedding day, we encountered a lot of rain and Pat was very helpful with making changes whenever we requested and also making suggestions that improved the flow of our wedding. If you’re looking for a cool and professional DJ for music, entertainment, and to emcee your event, DJ Pat is your guy.

Sound Prodigy's reply:

HAHAHAHA, YES! Thank you for that Richard! I appreciate very much having me for your special day and I am glad you were happy! DJ Pat

Danny Jameson · Married on 12/17/2018

Pat is an amazing DJ who works to meet all your needs

We had a wonderful winter wedding at the Disneyland Hotel. Despite us having a small wedding, Pat went all out for our event to make it special.

Pat went out of his way to make the event perfect and it was way beyond a DJ asking for a playlist. Six months before the wedding Pat met up with us in person to discuss all the fine details of the wedding music and schedule. Once he got an idea of what kind of wedding we wanted, he worked with us and offered a number of amazing suggestions and ideas (both schedule and songs) that improved our wedding.

During the day of the event, there were numerous changes in scheduling and Pat adapted to them so quickly and easily with no questions asked. Pat is the only DJ I have ever met who keeps music at an appropriate volume level, it was never loud or bassy at any point and made our event that much classier and intimate. He is super friendly, professional, and does an amazing job. All our guests were raving about him as well. I would not hesitate to hire Pat.

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Ever!!

My daughter’s wedding day could not have been more perfect, and that is largely because of DJ Pat!! He did an awesome job from the moment people arrived to the moment the night of dancing was over. Every detail, song and moment was captured through this skills, his timing was perfect, his voice was professional and personal, he added just the right amount of entertainment to his wonderful music list. I could have not imagined a better day and evening for my daughter’s big day!! Thank you DJ Pat for all you did to make it so special. I danced all night, you kept the variety perfect for all ages and people are STILL commenting on how much fun it was. I will be making sure all of my family and friends go to you for future events.

• Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 09/28/2018

Kept everyone dancing the entire reception!

DJ Pat is the best! We contacted him about nine months before our wedding after reading all of his great reviews, and we knew immediately that we wanted to book him as our DJ. He is so knowledgeable and helpful - he shared lots of great ideas for our wedding during our introductory phone call, both music-related and not. What we really liked is that DJ Pat is not just a DJ but also an emcee; he takes charge of the timeline for the wedding day and really helps to make sure everything goes smoothly. I also loved his online planning system! It made putting in our song requests and managing the timeline so easy. DJ Pat was also flexible on the times for our planning meetings which we especially appreciated since we were planning from the East Coast. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible, and I attribute so much of that to DJ Pat keeping everything on schedule and really setting the atmosphere with the music. From the grand entrance, to the special dance, to the toasts - DJ Pat made sure we were where we needed to be and made sure everything was announced so none of our guests missed anything. And the music! DJ Pat made sure to play all of our special requests, and he kept the energy up from the minute we opened the dance floor until the very last song. Our wedding guests danced the ENTIRE night!! I am not exaggerating. People I have never seen dance before were out there dancing and having the best time. It was so much fun!! Thank you DJ Pat for helping to make our wedding the day of our dreams. And for all of you planning, I would HIGHLY recommend Sound Prodigy!

Lindsey · Married on 09/15/2018

Working with DJ Pat was so great!, I can't recommend him enough. He was thoughtful, helpful, and kind, all which make his excellent DJ services that much better. He sets up an online portal for you to add/edit all of your requested and special songs, which was a feature I really appreciated. He was also very quick in returning emails (and I sent a lot of them!). Thanks so much, DJ Pat!!!

Jeremy · Married on 08/18/2018

DJ Pat was, in one word, fantastic. He had our guests on the dance floor with high energy at all the right times, dealt with impromptu speeches from family members we weren't expecting, and you could tell the preparation he helped us with beforehand paid off. My wife and I felt truly comfortable before, during and after the entire ceremony. He did an amazing job and we'd recommend him to any couple looking for a DJ for their big event!

A special thanks to DJ Pat! We received compliments throughout the night and are truly thankful we had him at our wedding! Thank you!

Alex · Married on 07/28/2018

DJ Danny and Pat are as professional and friendly as it gets, and we were lucky to have them for our wedding and reception. In the planning stage, they offered practical advice and made sure that any details were well coordinated. They make a real effort to understand your vision for the ceremony and reception, and to suggests ways to make it happen. Danny’s choice of music during the reception was spot on and he and Pat were great at communicating with us in the planning stages and at the reception itself to make sure that everything went smoothly. We highly recommend them!

Jillian · Married on 07/21/2018

DJ Pat is the best! He is organized and professional but still very fun! He is easy to meet with and will happily guide you to music choices he thinks will help you achieve the vibe you want for your wedding. The online music portal is AMAZING! He is prompt to respond to any questions or concerns. I also love that he takes it upon himself to help coordinate the day and doesn't just read of a schedule. he pays attention to what is actually going on and adjusts accordingly. Everyone had a blast dancing at our wedding and Pat was able to incorporate the special dances I wanted and found perfect versions of the songs I wanted too. The photobooth was great too, cute props and easy! Thanks for being part of the great team that made our day perfect and seamless!!

Jill · Married on 07/07/2018

DJ Pat was absolutely the best. He really helped relieved a lot of stress and worry on our big day because of his professionalism and punctuality. Pat was very upfront and confident with us and helping to plan the wedding. He was respectful and knew exactly what to say and do when needed. With contacting him through email, telephone and in person, Pat was great from start to finish. We HIGHLY recommend the Sound Prodigy for your upcoming wedding or event. Pat will NOT DISSAPOINT!!! We can’t thank Pat enough for providing us with the excellent service that he did.

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2018

Book a consultation and you'll see that Pat knows what he's doing! From the first time we met DJ Pat, we knew we wanted him to host our wedding. He has many years of experience as a DJ but his rate is fair. He also has a lot of cool add ons, like photo booths and icey trucks to make your wedding unique. When we booked him, he was always responsive and we had several meetings to make sure everything was running smoothly. On our big day, everyone couldn't stop raving about the beats!! Everyone was on the dance floor for most of the night. He played our requested songs but also gave lots of time to requests. Overall, Pat helped keep our guests happy by being in touch with the atmosphere of the wedding and that's a true sign of a great DJ.

Kim · Married on 05/27/2018

DJ Pat is fantastic! He is THE BEST. So many of our friends and family keep complimenting us on the DJ we chose. We loved him!

He is truly a professional and was excited to help us plan the music, ambiance and photobooth for our wedding at Mt. Woodson Castle in East County San Diego. I loved working with DJ Pat because I could trust his opinion, and he made us feel comfortable. He understands weddings take a tremendous amount of work to plan and stay on budget, and won’t pressure you into making decisions quickly. My husband and I barely had time to sit down and think about entrance songs, dinner music, transition music and everything else, but DJ Pat made it simple: just give him a handful of songs and he’ll make a playlist around it. He nailed it, and our friends & family can’t stop talking about how great the music was all night long! He was a pleasure to work with and I could not recommend him more.

Martin · Married on 04/28/2018

Pat from Sound Prodigy is the man! Pat was our DJ/MC and also provided the uplights and photo booth. His one-stop shop made planning our wedding that much less stressful because he was able to provide so much for our wedding.

After meeting with Pat, my wife and I did not hesitate to book him right after our meeting. He's super professional, easy-going, and we loved his energy! Once we were booked, Pat set us up with an account with a software he uses that helps us select music for each and every event throughout the day.... this was SUPER HELPFUL and helped us organize our entire day.

The photo booth went well and we even got the digital copies of all our guests photos. Music selection was really important to us and there were a lot of songs we wanted to be played during our wedding day, and Pat made sure to play as many as he could. Even once the lights came on, there were a ton of people left on the dance floor still dancing! As an MC, all I have to say is that Pat's the man!

Thanks so much Pat for making our wedding super fun and memorable!!!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

DJ Pat was the absolute best! He came highly recommended from both the venue and our wedding coordinator and we were blown away. He kept the energy up all night and had EVERYONE out on the dance floor! It really was such a great night. From our friends to our aunts and uncles to even our grandparents, DJ Pat played the most amazing set list that everyone enjoyed! He kept the night moving along perfectly and we received so many compliments on what a great job he did. If you are looking for a DJ, look no further than DJ Pat. He will truly make your wedding night unforgettable.

Megan · Married on 02/25/2018

DJ Pat from Sound Prodigy did our Disney wedding last week, and it was amazing. He DJ’d our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I was so pleased to hear his awesome selection of Disney music, especially the more instrumental versions, which I really wanted for our ceremony. He had several versions of songs for me to choose from which I really appreciated. During the reception, he kept the party going, playing fun music for everyone to dance to, and knew exactly which song to play at what time. He also is a great emcee, and knew just what to say and when, but didn’t talk too much, or for too long. Plus his voice can grab a crowds attention and sounds pleasant and professional! The website is easy to figure out and plan your song choices for each event. There are a ton of songs on the website to go through, with suggestions. We also had him do our uplighting, which looked amazing! It really transformed the room! We are so happy we chose DJ Pat for our wedding, and we had so many compliments from our guests on how fun the reception was and how well he helped it flow. Plus, my husband was stoked to talk Star Wars with him! Thanks DJ Pat, we had such a great time!

Jason · Married on 12/02/2017

First of all, DJ Pat is the nicest guy and is very quick to respond to any questions that you may have. Secondly, we had Jesse that he assigned us, and she was outstanding. When we requested a song, it was always the next one to be played. On the group dances, she actually got out there with us with her microphone to show us how to do it. I would easily recommend Jesse along with this company for any event that you have coming up.

Melanie · Married on 12/02/2017

DJ pat was amazing to work with. He was knowledgeable and professional and made himself available to answer questions. He also has an easy to use online portal for choosing songs and allowing requests. He put us at ease through the whole process.
    As for the wedding night, he made it high energy and fun! Just what we wanted! We love DJ Pat!

danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, fun, happy DJ then book DJ Pat! The process from start to finish was so incredibly easy! Anytime I had a question he would get back to me right away and when I needed some help planning he would throw in some tips and ideas! For example I really wanted a photo bus at my wedding and all the vendors I was talking to were waaaay to pricy for the amount of time they would be available at the wedding, so I discussed this issue with Pat and he informed me that he had a few photo buses all different colors and that if I wanted to include that in my wedding the bus would be there the ENTIRE time for guests to use and wouldn’t leave till DJ Pat did! It was a major hit and money well spent!!! During the wedding Pat was so helpful from making sure everyone was seated before the ceremony started to coordinating the toasts at the reception! I was a DIY bride and I’ve never been to a wedding so having Pat there to help make everything on my timeline run smoothly was awesome! Booking Pat was one of the best decisions I made while planning my wedding!

Sound Prodigy 4
    Sound Prodigy 5

Stephanie A. · Married on 11/19/2017

Jessica was amazing. She not only did a great job, she really helped the flow of the whole day. She did the lighting, our color was purple, which I was super impressed with. She also checked with us and our wedding coordinator to make sure everything was going according to plan. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our day. I want to get married again just so I can book them one more time

Sound Prodigy 6

Kayla · Married on 11/18/2017

DJ Pat was so good!! He rocked my entire wedding from the ceremony to the last dance!! He had everyone on the floor and when the dance floor cleared out, he knew just what to play to get everyone back on! He announced everyone and all the events happening perfectly and was he perfect addition to our wedding! Pat we cannot thank you enough for your service! Thank our for being a part of my sweet 16 and thank you now for being a part of my wedding!! You rock!!

Aemy · Married on 11/12/2017

found Pat through wedding wire and met him up with my fiancé to see if his rave reviews were accurate. After only a couple minutes, my fiancé and I knew that he knew what he was doing and would do a great job. We hired him for our wedding this past Nov 17' and could not have been happier with the service. He works with you to make sure you and your guests have the best time. I emailed him a million times with annoying questions and he answered all of them promptly and happily. We're so glad we went with him. Plus, his website makes planning so easy and he has a VW photo booth. We really wanted to use it but it didn't work out with our venue. Thank you for the impeccable service!

Julia · Married on 11/04/2017

Absolutely thrilled with Sound Prodigy! We worked with DJ Pat through the whole process because he had done my now sister in laws wedding. They raved about how easy the process was. I was sold! We met with Pat very early on in our planning process and he showed us how to work the whole profile. He was also kind enough to talk with us about a wedding scammer that unfortunately I had been involved with. He was very nice and helpful through that process which was going an extra mile for us. Since Pat was booked on our wedding date our DJ was Randy. From the beginning he was also very helpful and sweet. We had a phone call with him where he reassured us this day is about us and our marriage. I was really thankful for that phone call. It was a fun process to be able to sit at home and listen to sample music with my fiancé and select what we liked. We loved doing that for hours. Everything was organized and Pat communicated with us with whatever we needed. The day came and everything ran smoothly, Randy checked in with us about a few things and made sure to tell us goodbye. Randy even got some awesome photos of the dance floor. I don't think I've ever seen so many people dancing at a wedding before. People still tell us that to this day that they don't even dance and they were out there ALL NIGHT. That's all I could ask for because the music is a HUGE part of a wedding. Everything ran how it should and I am very thankful for that. We also added the photo booth which was really cool, I had a some questions with that in the end and Pat & Randy instantly communicated with me and we got it all sorted out. I really appreciate the professionalism and communication. Thank you to Pat & Randy for making our wedding so fun!

Elliot · Married on 10/22/2017

DJ Pat used his years of experience as a wedding DJ to ensure your wedding goes as desired. He plans every event well and to the detail so everything goes smoothly on your special day. I knew he was going to be our DJ when he told us he was a huge Disney fan. On top of being a DJ and our MC, he provided entertainment to our guests with Disney trivia during the reception.

I cannot recommend DJ Pat enough. He helped us plan the music from the ceremony through to the end of the reception and was able to give suggestions and recommendations, but fully knows and understands that the songs and atmosphere of the event belongs to the client. I know my wedding guests all left the venue saying our wedding day was nothing short of perfect. Thanks Pat!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Sound Prodigy's reply:

Elliot.. OMG THANK YOU for this wonderful review! It was my pleasure getting to know you two and also performing on your special day; I am also glad me being a Disney fan help out as well! Cheers, DJ Pat