46 Reviews for Sound Insight Productions

One Event Per Day (6)
Uplighting (6)
Projector (1)
46 Sound Insight Productions Reviews

Everything about working with David was great. He helped plan the evening and ensured our wedding night went as smoothly as possible. I couldn’t recommend him more!

Profile Picture Matt, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David is the antithesis of what you think of when you hear the words"wedding DJ," and that's a good thing. At our wedding, he went from table to table to make announcements instead of blasting them over a microphone. No shout-outs, no awkward vibes, just perfectly coordinated music. He can shorten or lengthen songs as needed, and is a master of using music to pace your event. If you want a techno rave for 200 college-aged guests, David can handle it. If you're like us, and need Bach for the ceremony and "the classics" for the reception, David can handle it. Just hire him. End of story.

Profile Picture Faith, 3/20/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Sound Insight Productions is THE BEST. David and all the members of Side Hustle Dance Band were fantastic. David and his crew are so attentive, responsive, and easy to work with. They will plan for everything- even details I had never thought of. Side Hustle is a phenomenal group of musicians/entertainers- they don’t just play music, they bring the party! All of our guests enjoyed our reception so much, and everyone wanted to know about the band. If you want people tearing it up on the dance floor, you want Side Hustle!

Profile Picture Courtney, 1/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, DJ

David is SO amazing! We can't thank him enough, he made our day so special. He knew exactly what to do to make our day the best. He and our Wedding Planner worked hand in hand to make our wedding the best it could be. He totally understood the style we were going for (music wise) and the whole night was perfect, he even played Grease Lightning.. which was one of my families favorite songs growing up. I can't say enough great things about him! He's THE BEST in Athens!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was looking for someone to do lighting for our wedding reception. I got in contact with David and from the start he was very professional and prompt with his responses. His explanations and emailing was easy to follow and he was very helpful with his advice. He didn't try to up-sell us on features we didn't need but he did a great job of understanding exactly what our vision was and he helped build a package that was best suited for it.

David showed up and set up exactly when and how he said he would. But he took it one step further by giving us some complimentary features as well. Even though we had him there for lighting and decor, when our DJ was experiencing technical issues, David stepped in to help fix the problem. David was approachable and personable, he came and greeted us personally during our reception as well.

Thank you David for your approach and for building us the most perfectly lit environment for our reception. We appreciated your professionalism and promptness throughout the process and we are glad we chose you for this job.

10/10 would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Alex, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

We LOVED David! From the beginning he was so easy to communicate and work with, and covered every detail we requested! He coordinated our wedding music and reception and made the process so smooth! He went above and beyond helping to coordinate the music for the ceremony and helped me find specific acoustic songs. The music was amazing, our guests never left the dance floor! He took the time to get to know our music styles and blended it perfectly for our reception. We also used a fireball cam for our reception from David that was a huge hit! Could not be happier with our experience!

Profile Picture Cayla, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We booked Sound Insight Productions after being in a wedding where the reception was a genuine dance party. We too wanted to have the same fun to happen at our wedding. The first pleasant surprise we got was how affordable booking them was. We were working on a budget and did not have to splurge to have a quality dj which was huge for us as it was important for there to be plenty of dancing. We felt listened to when we discussed what we were looking for and they stayed on top of things throughout the whole process.
There was no disappointment when the reception came around as it truly was a party thanks in large part to the brilliance of how Sound Insight dj'ed. I had family members talking about seeing some family dance that they had never seen get on a dance floor before. Not only that, but the transition into the music for the younger crowd was seamless and we were able to get down. Such a blast and a great company to work for. Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

You can't beat David. He takes so much care to understand your plan so that he can be prepared to help take care of whatever inevitable problem comes up on your big day. He also takes care to understand your music taste. All the songs he picked to fill in gaps between my requests were more perfect than I could have even come up with myself. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture G, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was so much fun at our wedding! He really cared about creating a specific experience to fit mine and my husband's musical interest and styles. He played all our favorite songs and people stayed on the dance floor all night until we left. He met with us face to face and was so easy to work with. I would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a fun and really skilled DJ for your event or wedding.

Profile Picture alex, 6/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was awesome to work with!! Planning my wedding was so stressful, but David was so easy to work with that I never once had to stress about the DJ. Wedding guests are STILL telling me how much fun our wedding reception was (our wedding was 4 months ago)! If you are hoping for a fun atmosphere, David is your DJ. He’s exactly what every stressed out and overwhelmed bride needs because he makes the DJ aspect so easy. He will go to extra mile to make sure your day is exactly what you wanted. Any time I emailed him, he responded within 24 hours (often even soon) and even helped us choose our first dance song. He was in constant contact with me and on the wedding day he was communicating with the wedding planner throughout the whole evening to make sure everything was running smoothly. He even put together an awesome mini movie of some of our reception highlights which was an awesome and meaningful bonus. Because of his affordable prices, we were also about to use his services for uplighting and dance floor enhancements. Totally worth it! The uplighting added another aspect of elegance to the venue and the dance floor enhancements made the reception have the party feel I was hoping for. This is the best wedding choice you will make: choose David Osborne with Sound Insight Productions to be a part of your wedding!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

David was amazing! Not only did he do a great job making sure our reception was a great dance party, but his responsiveness and professionalism during the planning process was above and beyond! He answered our every question in no time, and helped us pull off an amazing reception!

Profile Picture User6785317, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was able to capture just who we were on our wedding day! My husband and I have a love for music and David combined both our styles and make is the day of our dreams. He was so wonderful and even sent the cuts of our first dance songs so we could practice! If you need a DJ who not only loves what he does but loves music then Sound Insight Productions is what you need!

Profile Picture Kristina, 4/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I highly recommend Sound Insight Productions for both DJ and Photobooth services. David and Whitney were both incredibly easy to work with, and honestly I don't think we could have had such an awesome wedding without them!

Profile Picture Tyler, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

This was the BEST DJ experience any wedding could have. David worked with my wedding band and coordinator and all other venders as well as me and my husband. I would dance all night long if they hadn't told me to leave. And I'm the bride!!!

Profile Picture Meredith, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Having attended a wedding that David DJ'ed at, we knew he would be great, and he didn't disappoint! David was amazing! He was very committed to making sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our reception. Planning a wedding from out of town is difficult, but David made it seem so easy. We Facetimed and Skyped multiple times to talk out everything to make sure the music would be perfect!

Not only is David an amazing DJ, but he also offers many great extras, including lighting, video recording, and high quality audio for the ceremony. He's a great DJ, and an even better guy! I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a DJ in the Atlanta area!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture William, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

David went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely perfect! From the lighting, to the music, to the confetti cannons, it was PERFECT.

Profile Picture User7688794, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

love love love! That's all I can say about David at Sound Insight productions. Ladies, you want your DJ to treat you like royalty all the while, getting your cousins, friends, and even grandma on the dancefloor? David is your DJ. When he says no cheese, he really means it. 100% classy and amazing, I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone who is getting married ANYWHERE!

Profile Picture User7571501, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I literally cannot say enough good things about David - he was a seriously massive part of what made our wedding so wonderful! First, David was so easy to plan with leading up to our wedding -- we had one 1-hour FaceTime with him but otherwise communicated almost entirely through email (which he responds to super quickly). Second, he was flexible with how we shared information with him (we had a google doc that collected song suggestions from a form on our wedding website instead of using his online portal). He never made me feel like I was behind in my preparations (though I probably was, choosing first dance songs just days before the wedding), and always listened to what we wanted, repeating it back to ensure he accurately understood exactly what we were going for.

He handled all of the music for our ceremony and provided pin lighting for our cakes - both were exactly as discussed. His real magic though, was in the reception -- David read the mood of our guests and played songs that kept folks on the dance floor all night long -- he was great at transitioning between the traditional pieces that we had like the bouquet toss and cake cutting, while keeping the fun vibes going. He clearly put in lots of effort leading up to our wedding, ensuring all of our must play songs made an appearance, and transitioning between songs seamlessly -- never playing all of one song, lest the mood go down.

He also mixed/cut down the time for our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance songs, which was so incredibly helpful.

Lastly, David made it known that he was there to make sure that my husband and I had the time of our lives. When some family repeatedly suggested Jewish chair-lifting to him, David came to check in with me to ensure that I still did not want to move in that direction, and that my mind hadn't changed (it hadn't but I was also very glad he asked). When our wedding planner was MIA, David was the one who ran to find her. David ROCKS.

Profile Picture Brennan, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

David Osborne was so fun to work with, yet was extremely professional and attentive. He took the time to meet with us in person on two occasions and was quick to respond by text or phone if we had any questions or concerns along the way. He definitely gets a feel for the crowd and strategically chooses music to keep the party going strong, while simultaneously respecting your requests. He's awesome! We highly recommend him!!

Profile Picture User7194806, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David Osborne (Sound Insight Productions of Athens, GA) is the BEST choice for a wedding DJ!

When originally looking for DJs, we were referred to David three separate times, from three different families/ couples who did not know each other. One of the couples who referred us to him had a non-alcoholic wedding and said one guest told them it was the most fun "sober" wedding they had ever been to because of the DJ.

David is incredibly helpful and has a strong background in organizing weddings--He really is more than just a DJ; he almost serves in some capacity as a wedding coordinator/ organizer, in terms of helping to plan the reception timeline and making the reception and ceremony run smoothly.

David always answered my emails quickly and thoroughly (even when I sent him three emails in a row with multiple questions each--He is very patient!). He also recommends an in-person meeting, which is very helpful. During the meeting, he found out more about what we were looking for and helped us plan the reception--I was so relieved after we met with him! He also has a really great database where customers can search for songs for different parts of the ceremony and/or reception and enter in all song requests for their own wedding.

Although we did not chose to use extra lighting for our reception because we liked the general ambiance of our venue, he offers really great choices for lighting. We did use his pin-spot lighting for highlightin our cake table, which was beautiful! I highly suggest pin-spot lighting for the cake table and centerpieces.

I have had multiple friends and family compliment our DJ after the wedding. David is excellent at really feeling out the crowd and determining what songs will get them on the dance floor (or create whatever move you are hoping to create). He played every song we requested, visited our tables to introduce himself and let guests know what was going on during the reception, and helped the ceremony and reception to go

Profile Picture Nichole, 8/27/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

“What a fun wedding, reception and party”, “one of the best weddings I have ever attended” and “Wow, what a blast” are just of the few compliments that we received during and after our Daughter’s wedding. Sound Insight Productions, David Osborne was a big part of making the night such a wonderful, fun and awesome event. David Osborne - Sound Insight Productions was referred to us by someone who had used him for their son/daughter’s wedding. The Bride and Groom corresponded with him initially by phone and email. They were impressed from the beginning. David met with them to discuss the wedding, their likes and dislikes, the flow of the wedding, etc. He shared his experiences to assist the couple with their decisions. Meeting him in person confirmed that they had picked the right DJ. David helped the couple pick the music both for the wedding and the special events during the reception. He worked with the photographer and the Bride to come up with the perfect minute by minute timeline for the whole day, making sure to get in all of the important events. The music was great and David only plays music that the Bride and Groom have approved so as not to spoil any part of the day for the happy couple. David kept the party going, the guests dancing and the day flowing. David has a knack to know how to get the fun going and the people dancing when there seems to be a void on the dance floor. He even got the Bride’s 80 year old Grandmother out on the dance floor shaking her stuff. His personality energizes the crowd, keeps them dancing and laughing and simply having a good time. He engages everyone which is what an awesome DJ does. His main concern is making sure the Bride and Groom are happy and having fun. Having Sound Insight Productions and David Osborne as our DJ help to make the wedding day not only memorable, but perfect! If you are in need of a DJ, I would highly recommend David Osborne- Sound Insight Productions.

Profile Picture User7220925, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

David DJ'd our wedding last weekend and did an amazing job. We did not have a wedding planner, used a venue that had not hosted many weddings, and we had a nontraditional celebration. David helped us navigate the planning and execution of both our ceremony and reception. From the cocktail hour, through the ceremony and reception, everything reflected our personalities and we could tell he put a lot of work into this. He was extremely friendly and professional and his web site made the process even easier. Finally, David had guests of all ages dancing all night. We all had a blast and I can't recommend David enough.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/23/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was very professional, gave great advice in terms of song selection and did an amazing job DJing the wedding. All our guests said the music was great and no one wanted to night to end.

Profile Picture Allyson, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

David was an absolute pleasure to work with. He came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator, and impressed us from the very beginning. He responded very quickly to any questions we had over email, and then we chatted over FaceTime about a month out from our wedding date to run through the flow of our reception. Even without meeting in person until our wedding day (since we weren't local at the time) we felt so comfortable with him running the show. He was extremely thorough, and when you are planning a wedding you appreciate that attention to detail :) David took the time to do special edits for our first dance songs, which he sent to me for approval well in advance. On our actual wedding day, he took the time to make sure he pronounced all wedding party names correctly and introduced us exactly as we wished... we never had to worry if the correct song would be played, or if something would be mispronounced. Everything was perfect, and he kept the party going well into the night until our sparkler send-off. THANK YOU, David, for making our reception an awesome party!

To top it off - David wrote an awesome blog post about our reception on his website and shared some pictures and a fun video he took that night. It was so fun to relive the evening!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Becca, 6/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ David was awesome! Very easy to work and really listened and followed our taste in music through the entire reception. Very personable and genuine guy! He and his assistant created an amazing time lapse of the reception that was absolutely incredible to look back on. He helped make the day perfect! We would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews