Sound Insight Productions Reviews

50 | Athens, GA

50 Reviews for Sound Insight Productions

50 Sound Insight Productions Reviews

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2018

Amazing talent, and very professional

David is the best, simply put. Before our wedding, he met with us to go over a timeline of the day and to get a feel for our musical tastes and recommendations. Not only was he was a huge help as the MC of the evening and an all around great crowd-pleaser, but he met with our family member that was helping to coordinate the ceremony to make sure walking queues, mics, and readings were all timed perfectly. Initially, we hadn't any clue how much a DJ would cost for our wedding, but after going to a few other weddings, we definitely decided we needed to go for the best. David was very attentive to our needs before and during the wedding, not only making sure to keep us on track with our schedule, but also was very flexible and relaxed with minor changes that took place. The music was phenomenal, as well as the lighting they provided. David was able to play the crowd and have us all on the dance floor for the entire night. Everyone that attended our wedding spoke very highly of him, his talents, and some have even considered him for their own events.

Jody · Married on 10/14/2018

Highly recommend DJ David Osborne!

David was great to work with from day one. We had been to a couple of weddings that he DJed at before, so we knew he was great from a guest perspective, but he was equally awesome from the bride/groom side as well. His enthusiasm at our first meeting all the way through our wedding day was contagious. He immediately put us at ease that he would play music we loved and keep the party going. His website to select first dance songs, our favorite tunes, and songs we hate was easy to use. A DJ can really make or break your party, and with David there was no need to worry. He was easily one of the easiest vendors we hired, and we couldn't have been happier with working with him.

We also decided to add on a photo booth through David's company as well and he made it very simple to do so. We quickly worked with Whitney to design a photo template for our big day. At the end of the night we realized the wedding date was wrong (we all missed it on the proof), but she fixed the date on the digital copies and emailed all the photos to us, and has said she will make us hard copies with the corrected date. Overall the photo booth was a great addition to our wedding day and we are so glad we have those photos to complement our professional photographers.

Mandi Norton · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing!

I absolutely loved David and his crew! He was so flexible with meeting with us and our coordinator several times to ensure our timeline was perfect for the wedding. He also asked very detailed questions on our music preferences likes and dislikes. He showed up the day of ready to rock and roll. We also integrated live music into our reception (mother/son dance) and he worked closely with the musicians to ensure they were mic'd properly and the sound check went well! We are over joyed with our vendor selection for our wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Matt · Married on 04/21/2018

Everything about working with David was great. He helped plan the evening and ensured our wedding night went as smoothly as possible. I couldn’t recommend him more!

Korbyn · Married on 04/14/2018

Sound Insight Productions is INCREDIBLE! Not only do they design your music and entire wedding experience to exactly what you desire, but they are so much fun to work with! They have so many different options, ask you great questions that help you think of other aspects of your big day, reasonable prices, VERY professional, fun to work with, and help create a GREAT environment that keeps people on the dance floor! We also used their photo-booth option (off the wall photo-booth) and our guests LOVED it! Not to mention, after our honeymoon we loved reviewing the images of our guests- so much fun! We HIGHLY recommend this company for a wedding and any event!! We will definitely use this company in the future!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Sound Insight Productions's reply:

Thanks, Korbyn! We absolutely LOVED celebrating with you guys!
  • F

Faith · Married on 03/20/2018

David is the antithesis of what you think of when you hear the words"wedding DJ," and that's a good thing. At our wedding, he went from table to table to make announcements instead of blasting them over a microphone. No shout-outs, no awkward vibes, just perfectly coordinated music. He can shorten or lengthen songs as needed, and is a master of using music to pace your event. If you want a techno rave for 200 college-aged guests, David can handle it. If you're like us, and need Bach for the ceremony and "the classics" for the reception, David can handle it. Just hire him. End of story.

Courtney · Married on 01/27/2018

Sound Insight Productions is THE BEST. David and all the members of Side Hustle Dance Band were fantastic. David and his crew are so attentive, responsive, and easy to work with. They will plan for everything- even details I had never thought of. Side Hustle is a phenomenal group of musicians/entertainers- they don’t just play music, they bring the party! All of our guests enjoyed our reception so much, and everyone wanted to know about the band. If you want people tearing it up on the dance floor, you want Side Hustle!

Sound Insight Productions 1
    Sound Insight Productions 2

Allison · Married on 08/26/2017

David is SO amazing! We can't thank him enough, he made our day so special. He knew exactly what to do to make our day the best. He and our Wedding Planner worked hand in hand to make our wedding the best it could be. He totally understood the style we were going for (music wise) and the whole night was perfect, he even played Grease Lightning.. which was one of my families favorite songs growing up. I can't say enough great things about him! He's THE BEST in Athens!

Alex · Married on 08/05/2017

I was looking for someone to do lighting for our wedding reception. I got in contact with David and from the start he was very professional and prompt with his responses. His explanations and emailing was easy to follow and he was very helpful with his advice. He didn't try to up-sell us on features we didn't need but he did a great job of understanding exactly what our vision was and he helped build a package that was best suited for it.

David showed up and set up exactly when and how he said he would. But he took it one step further by giving us some complimentary features as well. Even though we had him there for lighting and decor, when our DJ was experiencing technical issues, David stepped in to help fix the problem. David was approachable and personable, he came and greeted us personally during our reception as well.

Thank you David for your approach and for building us the most perfectly lit environment for our reception. We appreciated your professionalism and promptness throughout the process and we are glad we chose you for this job.

10/10 would highly recommend!

Cayla · Married on 08/05/2017

We LOVED David! From the beginning he was so easy to communicate and work with, and covered every detail we requested! He coordinated our wedding music and reception and made the process so smooth! He went above and beyond helping to coordinate the music for the ceremony and helped me find specific acoustic songs. The music was amazing, our guests never left the dance floor! He took the time to get to know our music styles and blended it perfectly for our reception. We also used a fireball cam for our reception from David that was a huge hit! Could not be happier with our experience!

Daniel · Married on 06/25/2017

We booked Sound Insight Productions after being in a wedding where the reception was a genuine dance party. We too wanted to have the same fun to happen at our wedding. The first pleasant surprise we got was how affordable booking them was. We were working on a budget and did not have to splurge to have a quality dj which was huge for us as it was important for there to be plenty of dancing. We felt listened to when we discussed what we were looking for and they stayed on top of things throughout the whole process.
    There was no disappointment when the reception came around as it truly was a party thanks in large part to the brilliance of how Sound Insight dj'ed. I had family members talking about seeing some family dance that they had never seen get on a dance floor before. Not only that, but the transition into the music for the younger crowd was seamless and we were able to get down. Such a blast and a great company to work for. Would recommend to anyone!

G · Married on 06/24/2017

You can't beat David. He takes so much care to understand your plan so that he can be prepared to help take care of whatever inevitable problem comes up on your big day. He also takes care to understand your music taste. All the songs he picked to fill in gaps between my requests were more perfect than I could have even come up with myself. I'd recommend him to anyone.

alex · Married on 06/11/2017

David was so much fun at our wedding! He really cared about creating a specific experience to fit mine and my husband's musical interest and styles. He played all our favorite songs and people stayed on the dance floor all night until we left. He met with us face to face and was so easy to work with. I would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a fun and really skilled DJ for your event or wedding.

Lindsay · Married on 06/09/2017

David was awesome to work with!! Planning my wedding was so stressful, but David was so easy to work with that I never once had to stress about the DJ. Wedding guests are STILL telling me how much fun our wedding reception was (our wedding was 4 months ago)! If you are hoping for a fun atmosphere, David is your DJ. He’s exactly what every stressed out and overwhelmed bride needs because he makes the DJ aspect so easy. He will go to extra mile to make sure your day is exactly what you wanted. Any time I emailed him, he responded within 24 hours (often even soon) and even helped us choose our first dance song. He was in constant contact with me and on the wedding day he was communicating with the wedding planner throughout the whole evening to make sure everything was running smoothly. He even put together an awesome mini movie of some of our reception highlights which was an awesome and meaningful bonus. Because of his affordable prices, we were also about to use his services for uplighting and dance floor enhancements. Totally worth it! The uplighting added another aspect of elegance to the venue and the dance floor enhancements made the reception have the party feel I was hoping for. This is the best wedding choice you will make: choose David Osborne with Sound Insight Productions to be a part of your wedding!

• User6785317 · 1+ year ago

David was amazing! Not only did he do a great job making sure our reception was a great dance party, but his responsiveness and professionalism during the planning process was above and beyond! He answered our every question in no time, and helped us pull off an amazing reception!

Sound Insight Productions 3

Kristina · Married on 04/17/2017

David was able to capture just who we were on our wedding day! My husband and I have a love for music and David combined both our styles and make is the day of our dreams. He was so wonderful and even sent the cuts of our first dance songs so we could practice! If you need a DJ who not only loves what he does but loves music then Sound Insight Productions is what you need!

Tyler · Married on 04/08/2017

My wife and I highly recommend Sound Insight Productions for both DJ and Photobooth services. David and Whitney were both incredibly easy to work with, and honestly I don't think we could have had such an awesome wedding without them!

Meredith · Married on 04/01/2017

This was the BEST DJ experience any wedding could have. David worked with my wedding band and coordinator and all other venders as well as me and my husband. I would dance all night long if they hadn't told me to leave. And I'm the bride!!!

• W

William · Married on 03/25/2017

Having attended a wedding that David DJ'ed at, we knew he would be great, and he didn't disappoint! David was amazing! He was very committed to making sure that we got exactly what we wanted for our reception. Planning a wedding from out of town is difficult, but David made it seem so easy. We Facetimed and Skyped multiple times to talk out everything to make sure the music would be perfect!

Not only is David an amazing DJ, but he also offers many great extras, including lighting, video recording, and high quality audio for the ceremony. He's a great DJ, and an even better guy! I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone looking for a DJ in the Atlanta area!

Sent on 04/11/2017

Sound Insight Productions's reply:

You guys were so great! - thanks for including me in your awesome wedding celebration!

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2016

David went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely perfect! From the lighting, to the music, to the confetti cannons, it was PERFECT.

Marsha · Married on 11/04/2016

love love love! That's all I can say about David at Sound Insight productions. Ladies, you want your DJ to treat you like royalty all the while, getting your cousins, friends, and even grandma on the dancefloor? David is your DJ. When he says no cheese, he really means it. 100% classy and amazing, I'd recommend him to anyone and everyone who is getting married ANYWHERE!

Brennan · Married on 10/22/2016

I literally cannot say enough good things about David - he was a seriously massive part of what made our wedding so wonderful! First, David was so easy to plan with leading up to our wedding -- we had one 1-hour FaceTime with him but otherwise communicated almost entirely through email (which he responds to super quickly). Second, he was flexible with how we shared information with him (we had a google doc that collected song suggestions from a form on our wedding website instead of using his online portal). He never made me feel like I was behind in my preparations (though I probably was, choosing first dance songs just days before the wedding), and always listened to what we wanted, repeating it back to ensure he accurately understood exactly what we were going for.

He handled all of the music for our ceremony and provided pin lighting for our cakes - both were exactly as discussed. His real magic though, was in the reception -- David read the mood of our guests and played songs that kept folks on the dance floor all night long -- he was great at transitioning between the traditional pieces that we had like the bouquet toss and cake cutting, while keeping the fun vibes going. He clearly put in lots of effort leading up to our wedding, ensuring all of our must play songs made an appearance, and transitioning between songs seamlessly -- never playing all of one song, lest the mood go down.

He also mixed/cut down the time for our first dance, father/daughter, and mother/son dance songs, which was so incredibly helpful.

Lastly, David made it known that he was there to make sure that my husband and I had the time of our lives. When some family repeatedly suggested Jewish chair-lifting to him, David came to check in with me to ensure that I still did not want to move in that direction, and that my mind hadn't changed (it hadn't but I was also very glad he asked). When our wedding planner was MIA, David was the one who ran to find her. David ROCKS.

Caren · Married on 09/04/2016

David Osborne was so fun to work with, yet was extremely professional and attentive. He took the time to meet with us in person on two occasions and was quick to respond by text or phone if we had any questions or concerns along the way. He definitely gets a feel for the crowd and strategically chooses music to keep the party going strong, while simultaneously respecting your requests. He's awesome! We highly recommend him!!

Nichole · Married on 08/27/2016

David Osborne (Sound Insight Productions of Athens, GA) is the BEST choice for a wedding DJ!

When originally looking for DJs, we were referred to David three separate times, from three different families/ couples who did not know each other. One of the couples who referred us to him had a non-alcoholic wedding and said one guest told them it was the most fun "sober" wedding they had ever been to because of the DJ.

David is incredibly helpful and has a strong background in organizing weddings--He really is more than just a DJ; he almost serves in some capacity as a wedding coordinator/ organizer, in terms of helping to plan the reception timeline and making the reception and ceremony run smoothly.

David always answered my emails quickly and thoroughly (even when I sent him three emails in a row with multiple questions each--He is very patient!). He also recommends an in-person meeting, which is very helpful. During the meeting, he found out more about what we were looking for and helped us plan the reception--I was so relieved after we met with him! He also has a really great database where customers can search for songs for different parts of the ceremony and/or reception and enter in all song requests for their own wedding.

Although we did not chose to use extra lighting for our reception because we liked the general ambiance of our venue, he offers really great choices for lighting. We did use his pin-spot lighting for highlightin our cake table, which was beautiful! I highly suggest pin-spot lighting for the cake table and centerpieces.

I have had multiple friends and family compliment our DJ after the wedding. David is excellent at really feeling out the crowd and determining what songs will get them on the dance floor (or create whatever move you are hoping to create). He played every song we requested, visited our tables to introduce himself and let guests know what was going on during the reception, and helped the ceremony and reception to go

Sarah · Married on 07/23/2016

David DJ'd our wedding last weekend and did an amazing job. We did not have a wedding planner, used a venue that had not hosted many weddings, and we had a nontraditional celebration. David helped us navigate the planning and execution of both our ceremony and reception. From the cocktail hour, through the ceremony and reception, everything reflected our personalities and we could tell he put a lot of work into this. He was extremely friendly and professional and his web site made the process even easier. Finally, David had guests of all ages dancing all night. We all had a blast and I can't recommend David enough.