Sound Explosion Event Group Reviews

Sound Explosion Event Group 6
Sound Explosion Event Group 7
  • Laura

Laura Fileccia · Married on 09/01/2019

Book them now! Best decision ever

When my husband and I started this wedding process, we had no idea what we were doing or looking for. We relied heavily on recommendations and when my MOH recommended Sound Explosions, I set up a meeting.

Turns out, their business was 5 min from my house and that we all even had mutual friends. Small world. It broke the ice immediately, but even if it hadnt, Mike and Steven made everything super comfortable anyway.

We met a couple times to discuss and it was always easy. They listened to what I wanted, dealt with my over organized personality with a smile, and understood us as a couple.

Frankly, we were not conventional. The weirder or more unique something was, the better. From asking Steven to not wear black (which he didn't), playing uncommon ceremony songs to giving a sample playlist mainly consisting of reggae, Sound Explosions came through. They did exactly as we asked, and really allowed us to have a great party.

Steven kept the party going, was lively, on time, and dressed to the nines. Several times I actually went to thank him for coming because he fit in as a guest so well. The mirror photo booth was a huge hit, and the staff even danced along all time. The next day when we went back to the venue, the staff told us we had the best wedding and that they were dancing to the music on the sidelines. In the end, Steven came through we exchanged hugs because well, we family now!

Bottom Line: Great prices, great customer service, great music, and overall a great time! Book them now!

Sent on 09/06/2019
    Sound Explosion Event Group 13
  • Jenna

Jenna Defillippo · Married on 08/10/2019

Incredible experience!

Words cannot begin to describe the incredible experience that we had with Mike DeMaio & Steve of Sound Explosion! We first were introduced to them at a Bridal Expo in the Spring of 2018. Their level of class, professionalism, and fun-loving energy was evident from the moment they began their showcase. We had a full vision of the vibe that we wanted for our August 10,2019 wedding and were put at ease during our conversations with DJ Mike DeMaio. He took the time to fully understand the variety of music that we wanted to ensure that all of our guests had an amazing time. Everyone danced the entire night and we received countless phone calls and text messages the days following our wedding asking who the DJ company was because it was the BEST party they ever went to! The drummer was unbelievable and truly pumped up the party. We were also provided with beautiful photos from the zap shots that Mike's team took throughout the night. We are thrilled with our decision to book Sound Explosion for our wedding and highly recommend them to any couple who is looking for a DJ company that goes above and beyond for the ultimate wedding experience!
    -Jenna & Michael DiMauro

Sound Explosion Event Group 20
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 08/09/2019

Outstanding

Music makes the party and for my wedding mike Demaio and sound explosion did not disappoint. They were so professional listening to any and all requests we had, I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to run away from a picture or my guests because my song came on! All my guests keep talking about how amazing the music was, the dance floor was packed all night. They also took a ton of awesome pictures that night which was great to look over while at our honeymoon. Mike Dimaio and sound explosion is a no brainer, they just know what they are doing, they really make the party. My wedding reception would not have been the same without them. Oh, not to mention the incredible mapping mike did behind us during our reception, you have to ask him about this. He’s the only person around offering this service my venue kept telling me how awesome it was and they have never seen it before.

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Cecelia

Cecelia · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing DJ company

Sound Explosion is the best in the business hands down! From the start Mike DeMaio just clicked with us and knew exactly what we were looking for. He is so personable and really makes sure to do everything you ask for down to every little last detail & request. The music was absolutely amazing! Almost a month later and we still have everyone telling us how it was the best weddings they've been too and how much they loved our DJ. Everyone was up dancing the entire night. My husband and I did not sit down once the entire night! The Photo Booth was perfect and so much fun for all of our guests (including us). The night was a nonstop party just how we imagined for it to be thanks to Mike, and Sound Explosion. They took pictures the entire night and they came out amazing as well. Im so glad we choose them!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Joanna Queenan · Married on 07/26/2019

Spectacular

This is by far hands down the best DJ company out there. Nothing short of spectacular, they had my whole crowd up and dancing the entire night. They played great music and were so attentive, they absolutely blew everybody away. I would recommend them to anybody for any occasion. They are absolutely phenomenal!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Chloe · Married on 07/05/2019

Hire Mike Right Now!!!

I first met Mike at a wedding expo in the city and I immediately knew he was the right fit for our wedding. We were dragging our feet on finding a DJ because most DJs we spoke to couldn't even tell me what their favorite music was! On the contrary, I immediately felt comfortable with Mike. He was personable and professional and throughout the experience continued to provide us info without feeling pressured to make a decision.
    On the day of the wedding, Mike, Steve and the rest of the team were dedicated to making the day nothing short of spectacular. Their fairy lights were beautiful and something special I had not seen at other weddings before. They showed up early to get everything set up and organized. Throughout the reception, they felt the room and played all the crazy requests our families and friends brought up. The photobooth we booked with them was of course a hit, and they even gave us a beautiful book full of photobooth photos at the end of the night! Finally, they helped us hire a violinist, Arsenio, who was the perfect addition to our wedding ceremony. (He even played the Jurassic Park theme song for me to walk down the aisle to!) The team truly wants to bring your vision to life and will work with you in any direction you want to take it. Overall, you will not be disappointed with booking with Mike DeMaio and team!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Julie Greenberg Naab · Married on 06/16/2019

mike took the time to listen to what we wanted at our wedding and did a great job

Mike did an amazing job at our wedding. His music got everyone up and on the dance floor and dancing the whole day. He was super professional

Sent on 07/03/2019

TAMAR · Married on 04/07/2019

Sound Explosion is such a group of professionals! We had Bill Lodato as a DJ for the wedding on April 7 and every single person on the wedding mentioned how great the music and DJ was. ! We are so happy to make this choice for our Big Day! Highly rec commended!

Sent on 04/21/2018

Christopher · Married on 10/12/2018

From the gecko, Neil and Chris made it clear they were going to do everything they could to make my engagement party one of the best nights of our lives. Chris was taking pictures all night and they were being shown throughout the night on the screen. The video montage was beautiful and came out perfect. All of the staff at sound explosion is awesome and 100% professional. They get to know you personally and fulfill the needs of the client in anyway possible. No negative comments over here.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Jillian · Married on 10/05/2018

The best!

Our wedding was October 5, 2018 and one of the best decisions we made was hiring Sound Explosion. Eric and his team were absolutely amazing the night of the wedding. We received so many compliments on how great our DJ was. The music is such a big part of a wedding and SE exceeded our expectations! The dance floor was packed all night long. I gave Eric little direction and he absolutely nailed it. I also gave Eric a list of requests from all different genres of music and he managed to play them all! We also hired a percussionist through SE. He was AMAZING and so much fun! He interacted with the guests. Such a great touch. I would 100% recommend SE!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Vincent · Married on 09/16/2018

Mike and his staff was nothing but professional they were easy to work with and the guests had nothing but good things to say about the music and the photo booth .

Sent on 09/18/2018

Alison · Married on 08/11/2018

Our experience with this group was absolutely amazing!! Steven and his crew did a fabulous job making our day so special! They were familiar with our venue which made it super simple in our decision making process. We also LOVED all the suggestions they made especially regarding lighting at the venue and the mirror photo booth to make our day even more amazing! We also had a violinist during our cocktail hour that was absolutely INSANE! Steven worked the crowd all night and even serenaded my grandma to her favorite party song! We know we couldn't of made a better choice and appreciate how much they were a part of making our BIG DAY so special!! We love you guys!!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Kevin · Married on 05/19/2018

We loved Sound Explosion! Mike was a blast to work with: quick responses, honest and open. One of the highlights of our wedding was having DJ Mike and his team a part of our day. Plus the photo booth, lighting, and the string quartet he booked for us were great. He did so much and all in one place, with no stress through out - exactly what we needed.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Lisa · Married on 05/04/2018

I can’t say enough about Eric and his team. So much fun! He helped me coordinate so much for my wedding with the music to play and accommodated all my guests music requests. Quality company!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Mike · Married on 03/24/2018

Mike DeMaio recently did my wedding out in Pennsylvania. We were extremely happy with him and his amazing staff. Before the wedding Mike met with us several times to ensure our requests were met. He was extremely professional and prudent. The set up at the wedding was great and kept the entire night running smooth. We needed to make a few last minute adjustments during the night and it was all easily taken care of by Mike and his staff. We will definitely be using Sound Explosion for future events.

Sent on 05/18/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 03/17/2018

The sound explosion team is incredible. Our guests loved our music and our live percussionist. Eric and his team were amazing to work with; professional and awesome at what they do. They fulfilled every last detail of our requests. Thank you for your amazing work!

Sent on 03/24/2018

Camille · Married on 12/22/2017

We got married this past weekend and used Mike DeMaio and the Sound Explosion team as our DJ. We are soooo happy that we did because everything was absolutely amazing! Everybody was up dancing and multiple guests came up to us throughout the night saying that the DJ was awesome and the music was great. People are still calling us saying that we had the best wedding with the best music. They played music from every genre that kept our guests dancing the whole night and we are so thankful! We also added the photobooth which was a huge hit! Every time i looked it was packed with people and everybody loved it. Mike did a great job with the lighting because the room looked insane and it matched the music he was playing perfectly. He even had it say our names on the wall which was a pretty nice touch. Thank you so much Mike and the Sound Explosion team we wouldn’t have changed a thing!!! You guys are the best!!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Allyson · Married on 12/02/2017

We used sound explosion for our November wedding and were completely satisfied. My husband is a real music critic and was adamant about having good music at the wedding. Well low and behold, the dance floor was packed! And they read the crowd- mainly we wanted alot of oldies and we got it:) the ceremony recap was amazing and the djs kept the party moving along all night. I especially appreciated the little extras like my husband and I kissing by our cake with rock music playing, their photographer taking extra photos and really catering to the crowd. I would definitely recommend sound explosion for a good party:) thanks!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Sound Explosion Event Group's reply:

MC Mike Demaio & DJ Neil Pontecorvo of SE event group were providing entertainment for this event. Thanks You for the review
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 11/04/2017

Hire them ASAP! You won't regret it!

Finding a DJ and MC was very important for my husband and myself since we were envisioning a hell of a party for our wedding so finding the right vendor within our budget with great stars was a task BUT luckily, we found Sound Explosion! You won't regret it. We worked with Mike DeMaio as our MC and Neil Beats as DJ. I can't deny that we were a bit specific with our music choices since we wanted a mix of Greek, polka, pop, Latin, and general hits for our family. THEY HIT IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD! Everyone was dancing and it was such a blast. Not only that, Mike was so fun, made everyone have a great time, and he did such a great job with our introductions. He was very understanding and super easy to communicate with.

Not only did Sound Explosion DJ and MC for us, they provided us with a photobooth, photobooth attendant, LOVE Marquee Sign AND ceremony musicians. They were very understanding and reasonable when working with our budget which we TRULY appreciated since we were not getting any help from anybody. Photobooth was a hit as usual.

The ceremony musicians were even a last minute question but they were able to help us. We were considering just using a speaker but then my husband said he preferred musicians. We asked Sound Explosion if they knew anyone and they were able to set us up with 2 musicians for a violinist and cellist for 1.5 hours. We are eternally grateful for helping us throw such a magical wedding day from beginning to end!

Sent on 03/02/2019
    Sound Explosion Event Group 21
    Sound Explosion Event Group 22

Brittany · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment i met Billy, I knew he would do an amazing job on my wedding day! He was so accomodating and helpful. Any time i had any questions or wanted to change things in my package he always responded promptly and helped me make any changes i wanted. I also provided Billy with a very specific list of songs that i wanted played and he played every single one. I could not be happier with my choice in DJ and production company! Sound explosion is definitely the way to go if you are looking for a professional DJ for your wedding or any special event!

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Sound Explosion Event Group 23

Burcin · Married on 10/08/2017

I was married 10/8 and Billy was absolutely one of my favorite vendors to work with planning my wedding! If ever I was nervous or had anxiety about anything he kept reminding me how wonderful and fun the wedding was going to be. Billy and his team turned our night into an epic party!! I never imagined having so much fun especially being the bride and groom when there's so many places you have to be, the guests and us had an amazing time!
    Working with Billy you can customize the kinda night you want. We omitted a lot of the "traditional" customs such as bouquet/garter toss, and Billy was there with us putting together every detail.
    We got 2 flat screens for the photo montage and it couldn't have been a bigger hit, our guests loved the trip down memory lane.
    People are still talking about how much fun they had at the photo booth, and you're given a disk with all the photos taken on it so you don't miss anything.
    I could go on and on about how wonderful Billy and Sound Explosion are to work with, and I would chose them again in heartbeat!

Sent on 11/11/2017
  • F

Felicia · Married on 10/08/2017

Mike & Steve made planning a breeze! They were extremely helpful and made sure everything went smoothly on my wedding day. I wanted my wedding to be an experience for my guest. Sound Explosion was able to help me create that for my guest. I wanted something different than flower centerpieces so they decorated my tables with beautiful crystal chandelier & candlelabra centerpiece with warm lighting that lit up the room and looked elegant and stunning! The music was also amazing! From the drummer to the music they played, my guest literally danced the night away before dinner was even served! It’s been 2 weeks since the wedding and our friends and family are still raving about how it was the best wedding ever! I really owe it to Mike & Steve for making it a memorable night! If you want good vibes and a memorable wedding than I highly recommend you to go with Sound Explosion!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Sound Explosion Event Group 24

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2017

My new husband and I just got married on 9/19/2017 and we couldn't have picked a better person to dj at our wedding than Billy and his team ! They were amazing ,had everyone on the dance floor and really made our wedding day memorable, would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a dj for a wedding or any special event!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Sound Explosion Event Group's reply:

Special thanks to DJ Neil Pontecorvo and the rest of the crew for making the wedding the perfect day and night.

Ed · Married on 09/10/2017

DJ Mike DeMaio was truly amazing at our wedding and was a pleasure to work with. We got rave reviews and compliments from our guests how fantastic the music was. Everyone danced and enjoyed his music selections. We would highly recommend DJ Mike.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Sound Explosion Event Group's reply:

Plus a special thanks to DJ Neil Pontecorvo and the rest of the crew who helped make it an amazing evening.

Tina · Married on 09/03/2017

We used Sound Explosion Event Group for a handful of services for our wedding, and our DJ Mike DeMaio and MC Tunde were fantastic. The music from Mike was on point, and Tunde was full of energy. The dance floor was full all night, and everyone told us they had a great time. We also used their photo booth service - we opted for a new system called Mirror Booth, which was different from the traditional photo booth. It was a bit more complicated to use since people were not used to it, and there were no clear instructions on where to look, etc., but overall we got a handful of fun photos from our guests to look back on. Additionally, Mike helped us book our ceremony violin soloist, Arsenio, who was great to work with as well. I had a special request for which song I would walk down the aisle to, and Arsenio eagerly learned the music and had it down pat for the wedding. During the planning process prior to the wedding, Mike was super responsive to all the questions that we had and awesome to work with. We highly recommend Mike and his team at Sound Explosion!

Sent on 09/21/2017