Sound Event DJs & Lighting Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Robyn
    Robyn W. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Could not have been any more perfect...

I cannot say enough about Sound Events and especially Eddy the DJ!! Almost a week later people are still telling us how our daughter's wedding was one of the best they had ever attended! Eddy was Absolutely Amazing!!
  • Scott
    Scott M. Getting married on 10/03/2021

Sound Event DJs

Sound Events DJs provided a night of fun for everyone who attend the weeding reception. Monica is very detailed oriented made sure everything ran smooth. I highly recommend them.

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you So much for your Review and for having us provide our services for your Big Day! Wishing you many years of Love & Happiness!
    Catrina G. Married on 09/01/2021

Highly recommend!

We could not possibly recommend Sound Event DJs enough!!! Jorge absolutely knocked it out of the park, everyone was on the dance floor the whole night and so many of our guests raved about the music the next day! We also had a saxophonist and percussionist for part of the reception which was the coolest touch - they were AMAZING, and would highly recommend. From start to finish Sound Event DJs made the process so easy, were very quick to respond, and overall were a true pleasure to work with. THANK YOU for making our night the best party of our lives!
  • Clarisa
    Clarisa L. Married on 07/25/2021

The Best Event DJ

Jorge & Monica were so helpful and excellent at our ceremony that I would recommend them without a doubt that they will be as phenomenal at yours!! Awesome all around.
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina S. Married on 07/16/2021

Biggest thank you - amazing family company

Sound Event DJs did an amazing job with my wedding reception! I could not have asked for more professional service. They are more than just DJs, they are sound quality, lighting, and critical behind the scene people that allow for everything to run smoothly! I had several people telling me I needed a ‘day-of’ coordinator; I was pretty set on not using one, but everyone’s comments made me doubt. Sincerely with Sound Event DJs (and my reception venue), it was not needed for me, because they were amazing at coordinating the events of the reception. Monica was in continuous communication with me prior to the wedding. She is easy to talk to and responsive. Once I had the order of events for the evening organized, we had a conversation about it about a week prior to the wedding and everything ran so smoothly on the big day. Their timing of when dances/ speeches are going to happen, the quality of their sound system, the knowledge they have in how many speakers to use for how big the party is, lighting placement, experience at my my reception venue, and of course the music – everything - amazing. I was a bit worried about lighting be right for the speeches and dinner vs for the dance party, the obvious need for different tones needed to be set. They hit it on the nail. Monica sent me pictures before hand of what different color up-lighting looked like at my venue. (I attached pics of my reception). They have a website/ system in which you can in-put requested songs; I also gave them a play-list on a word document, and they stuck to it/ pick up on the vibe of it, and of the crowd. My dance floor was packed all-night! I and so many of my guests really had an amazing time at my reception and I have this company in big part to thank! So, sincerely BIG thank you!!!! I would use them again/ recommend them to anyone in a heart-beat!
  • Robin
    Robin B. Married on 06/26/2021

Amazing dj!

Could not be more impressed with Sound Event DJs! We hired them for our wedding in Jupiter and got so many compliments all night on our DJ! He was INCREDIBLE at reading the crowd and literally keeping everyone on the dance floor the entire night!! Thank you for making our wedding day the party we always dreamed of!
    Kimberly P. Married on 05/01/2021

Best decision ever!

Sound Event DJs is not only one of the more financially reasonable DJ options out there but they brought the house down! Our DJ Eddie totally nailed it, he played all the songs we asked for, but also new how to read the room and kept the party going all night long - the dance floor was NEVER empty! They were also very organized and made the whole process a breeze with creating the wedding timeline and selecting song genres. If you need a DJ, I promise you wont regret going with Sound Events DJ!
    Lourdes H. Married on 05/01/2021

Absolutely wonderful!

Sound Events DJ was absolutely wonderful!
  • Danielle
    Danielle C. Married on 04/16/2021

Jorge and Monica were FANTASTIC

We used Sound event DJs for our wedding over the weekend and they were fantastic! Throughout the whole process they were very responsive and just super easy to talk to, day of they did not disappoint they did exactly what we asked and even moved to a second location for us! The photo booth was so much fun and made sure to give us copies of all the photos which was great. Cannot thank them enough for helping us create the most magical day.
    Hayley B. Married on 03/27/2021

Wedding DJ

Monica and Jorge were AMAZING at our wedding. All of my guests kept complimenting the music selections and Monica was so incredibly helpful throughout my entire planning process. Their online portal for selecting music, planning dances and speeches for the timeline was so streamlined and made the whole process so smooth. I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ/lighting group! 100% recommend
    Heather Married on 03/12/2021

Wedding in Wellington, Fl

From start to finish, flawless.
    You guys were great!

DJ is a huge piece of wedding success and their team couldn’t of performed better. Between timeline, music, intro, keeping people moving... photo booth, and dancing on a cloud, it was great.

Last 3 weddings we’ve been to- the dj was horrible. So we knew this was an important piece to planning the perfect wedding. So thank you again!
    Dallas A. Married on 12/12/2020

Amazing Service!

Great customer service/Top notch service. Monica and Jorge went above and beyond for our wedding. They not only delivered a great DJ service, they stepped in and help to coordinate our wedding on our special day to make it more perfect!
    Katie D. Married on 11/22/2020

So fun to work with

Highly recommend! Very easy to communicate with. Jorge was amazing! Very detailed and took awesome notes in exactly what we wanted. Great energy! Photo booth is phenomenal and a huge hit!! 10/10 recommend!
    Alexandra D. Married on 11/13/2020

Made my wedding day absolutely perfect!

The most professional and amazing experience. They helped us at every step of the way and went above and beyond anything we could have ever imagined.
  • Alexa
    Alexa H. Married on 10/24/2020

The best!!!

So so highly recommend! These guys are awesome! I worked with Monica throughout the planning process and she is nothing short of amazing - So friendly, communicative, dependable.... I could go on and on! She went above and beyond when it came to helping us with the planning and timeline for the evening - we didn’t use a planner so Monica basically took over and walked me step by step through the ceremony and reception and helped me plan each detail. George was our DJ and he was the best! He had the perfect music going at all times and really played stuff that everyone of different ages and music preferences actually enjoyed. He kept the whole flow of the night running smoothly and kept the energy fun! And we LOVED the photo-booth Monica put together for us, the photos from that night are the best. We couldn’t have been happier, wish I could give even more stars!
    Joseph G. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing experience!!!

If you’re looking for a company that will treat you like family and be there with you every step of the way in your wedding planning experience, stop looking!!! Sound Event DJ’s is a family run business from Jorge our DJ to his wife Monica and their lovely daughter they all made our special day amazing. Monica must have fielded 25 calls from my neurotic fiancé during the year planning the wedding. And she always answered every call and handled every little issue or concern she had, and would even calm her down when she was stressing over other aspects of the wedding planning process. DJ sound Events was especially accommodating when it came to having to downsize the wedding and change venues at the last minute do to the Covid pandemic. We thank them tremendously, and highly recommend them. Joe & Marilyn 10/10/20
    Sara W. Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing!!!

Monica and Jorge are so amazing to work with!! While planning Monica was so helpful with picking our music and patient with all the requests we had! Having a wedding during COVID is hard, and I didn’t think people would dance but Jorge played just a variety of music so many people danced through the night! I promise you will not be disappointed having them DJ your wedding! Thank you so much Monica and Jorge for bringing the party to my wedding day!
  • Janesse
    Janesse S. Married on 10/01/2020

If you don't want your guests sitting, BOOK HERE!

Monica & Jorge are the best for wedding entertainment & decor! From my first meeting with Monica, to the venue walk through, to the easy client portal - every aspect was flawless & easy. Monica & Jorge listened to our requests and came through on our big day! Jorge had to DJ alongside a tipico Dominican band which isn't easy to do but he pulled it off!!! So easy to deal with, and their communication is awesome even though they are booked every week! Sound Event has so many uplighting and extra options (fog machine, monograms, cold sparklers) to make the night extra special! If you don't want to stress about your wedding guests not having fun BOOK WITH SOUND EVENT!

Side note: They are a LEO friendly company!
    Caitlyn R. Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing!!!

Sound Events DJs was hands down the best DJ I’ve seen. We had George as our DJ and one too of him playing all the songs we loved, he also was able to take cues and change a song, or play one that matched the moment without even asking!! In addition Monica, their event planner, was the most helpful when it came to asking questions - she was responsive in a timely manner. Not to mention, they also did this in the midst of a hurricane - pandemic! Thank you guys so much, truly!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa S. Married on 06/06/2020

Amazing to work with!

Sound Event DJ’s was absolutely amazing to work with! Having a COVID Wedding is not an easy task, as we had to make several changed in the past few months. However, Monica and Jorge were very easy going and up for anything!! Prior to our Wedding Day we met with Monica a couple times, she talked us through EVERYTHING, gave us a very detailed timeline, and most importantly she tried to understand us and make sure they played everything we loved. All of our friends and family are still raving about our DJ’s and how they had such a great time at our Wedding. They truly made it a party and we could not be more thankful for everything they did!!
  • Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 02/22/2020

Fantastic experience!

Monica and Jorge are wonderful! Monica was extremely responsive and helpful along the way. Their wedding app gets you everything you need, and Jorge reviews to make sure he plays the music you're looking for. The live musicians were a real treat and made the evening even that more fun. The photo booth was the best one I've seen in terms of props, execution, etc. Several people commented that the day was the best or one of the best weddings they had attended. Thank you Monica and Jorge for being so wonderful to work with and helping make our event truly spectacular! They are highly recommended :)

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

It was our pleasure! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We greatly appreciate being part of your big day! 😘
  • Dalavanh
    Dalavanh L. Married on 12/14/2019

The best DJ for your wedding.

This is the best Vendor ever!! Monica and Jorge are super awesome and nice. The wedding was so fun everyone can’t stop talking on how the up lights was so beautiful and the led photo booth was so cool!!! All my guests old and young dance all night. The DJ choices of musics was excellent and also there’s an online site where you can also coordinate your choice of songs. All guests kept telling me this was a fun wedding. We definitely recommended to everyone. If you want to have a Lit 🔥 wedding they’re the vendor you need to booked.
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 11/16/2019

Professionalism at its best!

Monica and Jorge are not only so sweet and approachable - they are professional and know how to take your direction and throw an amazing wedding! Although the night flashed by for me, I've heard from everyone who attended my wedding how beautiful the lighting was, how awesome my photo booth was, and how they danced all night! I got exactly what I wanted for my wedding - it was a dream come true. Thank you guys!
    Krista Married on 10/26/2019
    Jorge recently provided services for our wedding and he was amazing! He paid great attention to our wish list and was on queue with all of our guest's requests and activities. He not only kept our guests on the dance floor all night but he provided great ceremony music- went great with our beach/island theme.

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you very much Krista, We appreciate you taking the time to Review us!