Sound Event DJs & Lighting Reviews

189 Reviews for Sound Event DJs & Lighting

Sound Event DJs & Lighting 1
Sound Event DJs & Lighting 2

Krista · Getting married on 10/26/2019

Jorge recently provided services for our wedding and he was amazing! He paid great attention to our wish list and was on queue with all of our guest's requests and activities. He not only kept our guests on the dance floor all night but he provided great ceremony music- went great with our beach/island theme.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you very much Krista, We appreciate you taking the time to Review us!
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Aleman · Married on 05/11/2019

DJ Super Team

Where do I even begin ? Monica and Jorge provided the ultimate care and service for my wedding day throughout every step of the process. From the initial appointment all the way to the final exit. They understood the vision that my husband and o wanted and executed perfectly ! They were able to provide not just amazing music but a wonderful photo booth as well. I am truly so grateful for this team and 5 stars is not enough for what they do. Thank you so much for being amazing !!!

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 03/28/2019

Definitely a Great Experience with Sound Event DJ's

We hired Sound Event DJ's to provide services at our ceremony and reception on 03/28/2019. I worked primarily with Monica during the planning process. Monica was always responsive and made sure that everything was properly planned before the wedding day. She was also in charge of the photo booth (which came from the same company) on the day of the reception. The photo booth services were great and reasonably priced.

The DJ that provided the services during our ceremony was Jorge. He of course was on time and did a great job. I didn't get to work very closely with him, because his services were mainly conducted before I arrived at the ceremony. However, I do know that he is the owner and did everything to specifications.

The DJ that provided the services during our reception was Shamar. Shamar was absolutely excellent in every way. I was able to work closely with him. I spoke to him a few days before the wedding, and he delivered on everything we discussed and more. He was full of energy and went by the book on our requests and provided excellent music choices in the areas where we gave open choice to the DJ.

I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Ryan you were such a pleasure to work with, we appreciate your kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!!!

Carly · Married on 03/02/2019

Super professional and easy to work with.

Really easy to communicate with. I knew everything would go smoothly with them which it did.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you Carly you were amazing to work with, thank you for taking the time to review us. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.

Cathryn · Married on 02/02/2019

Best dj company!

Rudy & his wife Bessy were a complete blessing! They were super helpful with some of the hiccups that ended up happening with another vender & they definitely kept the party rolling with all the awesome music & kept the guest entertained! Not to mention super accommodating to still have the cocktail hour outside since the outside ceremony ended up getting rained out! Highly recommend this company!!!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Rudy and Bessy appreciate your kind words. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness.
    Monica Antonatos
  • Rita

Rita Sherman · Married on 02/02/2019

Flexible, Friendly & Great Service!

I am so pleased with my decision to work with Sound Event DJs! From the beginning, they were super easy to work with and incredibly friendly. They took in all the details and requests we had (which were a lot!) and always with a smile on their faces! The music was FANTASTIC - Jorge always kept our guests moving and did exactly what we had asked! I also highly recommend the photo booth - it was a huge hit! I would absolutely recommend Sound Event DJs for any event!

Sent on 02/08/2019

Micole · Married on 10/06/2018

The Sound Events team was AMAZING. They read the room, catered to guests, and got everyone dancing at different portions of the night! The photo booth was an incredible add on. The photos came out amazing and everyone had a blast. If you're in the south Florida area, there's no other DJ you should consider.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Leanna Rodriguez · Married on 09/21/2018

Exceeded our expectations!

Monica and Jorge from Sound Event from incredible! From day 1, the communication was excellent. After we shared our vision for the music, we knew they would deliver exactly what we envisioned. They truly exceeded our expectations and had everyone dancing all night! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2018

If you don’t have sound events as your dj then your wedding is surely missing out! THEY WERE BEYOND AMAZING! The dance floor was packed all of the time and Jorge knew the songs to play to keep the people there! We could not have asked for more! Thank you thank you thank you Jorge and Monica!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

I cannot rave enough about Sound Event DJs. From start to finish they were professional and so enthusiastic about my wedding day. Jorge was the DJ and played exactly what me and my guests wanted to hear. The party was nonstop, and several people told me they have never been to a wedding where they were on the dance floor the entire time. I wish I could post a video!! Monica & Antoinnette were in charge of the photo booth and they brought many fun props, and made the decor very modern to match the theme of my wedding. 5 stars all the way you will not regret hiring them for any of your events!!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Sound Event DJs & Lighting 3
    Sound Event DJs & Lighting 4

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

We had a blast working you wedding, thank you for choosing Sound Event DJs, we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Celivia143

Olivia · Married on 04/29/2018

Wow!!! Excellent job. Very responsive and did exactly what we wanted. Great job of planning with great website to make it easy to select music prior to wedding. We were able to call and speak with someone if we needed anything and on the day of our wedding George did an excellent job.

Sent on 05/13/2018

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

You both deserve this day, thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. We wish you both a lifetime of happiness together.

Jennifer · Married on 03/24/2018

Jorge and Monica were an absolute dream to work with. Jorge is an amazing artist, and I say artist because to be a DJ of his caliber is truly an art! He understood what our vision was for our wedding, as far as music and overall vibe of our wedding and totally delivered! I would recommend Sound Event DJ's to anyone needing a DJ for their wedding or any event. We cannot thank you enough for helping to make our wedding amazing!!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

We are honored you chose us to be a part of your special day. Thank you!

Paula · Married on 03/10/2018

Jorge and Monica are absolutely amazing!! :)

Sent on 03/24/2018

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you! We are honored we were able to be a part of your special day!

Melissa · Married on 01/27/2018

I love Jorge and his team at Sound Events. My wedding day was the liveliest and most fun celebration thanks to his hard work and dedication to making sure that the music was perfect at every moment. From his online planning tools to his Skype meetings, he made working through our big day and our lighting /sound planning so easy! He gave me options and suggestions to ensure that I could choose whatever I wanted for music and lighting for my big day. Additionally, when little hiccups occurred or the order of the bridal party entrances changed on the day of the wedding, he was easily able to adapt and deliver a perfect introduction. During the reception, he read the crowd perfectly, took requests from guests, and also made sure that every song we asked for got to be played. Everyone was so happy and having so much fun. He also knew exactly when to step in or make announcements and when to be in the background or behind the booth. He is truly great at what he does, and I loved working with him. I had a blast, and so did all of my guests. I highly recommend this wonderful team!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Sound Event DJs & Lighting's reply:

Thank you! It was an honor to be a part of such a special moment. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Sheri · Married on 12/23/2017

Sound Event DJ's (Monica, Antoinette, Jorge, and especially MATT), were absolutely amazing and the epitome of excellence! They were incredibly professional, responsive, and tailored my event to my every specification and I was a picky bride! I felt that I was in the best hands immediately and it kept that same pace all the way till after the final song was played! My expectations were completely exceeded and I would highly recommend them without any hesitation and would definitely use them again for future events. Matt, who did the actual event, was absolutely PERFECT! He saw my vision and made it a reality. His attention to detail and responsiveness to the crowd and timing was impeccable! Thank you so very much to the entire team for making me one happy bride!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Stephanie · Married on 12/22/2017

What can I say about Jorge... Since my first Skype call with him (as I live in NY) I knew I was in the BEST hands for our wedding.. He listened to each request for our variety and love of so many styles of music, offered suggestions on key songs and even helped me do something special for my wedding to honor my Dad on my wedding day.. He is such a wonderful and lovely soul! He was not only talented and kept everyone dancing all night to so many fun styles of music ranging from merengue, 80's, dance, etc but did it with the BIGGEST smile on his face. It took me SO long to choose a DJ as music is my life and passion and I wanted to ensure who we chose knew how to blend music perfectly (a pet peeve of mine when I experience DJ's that can't) and Jorge was without a Doubt the BEST!
    I will be forever grateful for what he did for me in ensuring that my Video tribute to my Hero, My father, who's birthday was at midnight on my wedding night and who couldn't be present at my wedding was showcased and it just made the end of our wedding so special. THANK YOU JORGE!!! EVERYONE who is planning a wedding should hire you!

Sent on 01/30/2018
  • Itai

Itai · Married on 12/10/2017

Not only a great DJ, but a great MC and great guy to work with

We had the wonderful pleasure of having Shamar DJ our wedding . Shamar did a great job acquiring and playing all the songs we requested (in 3 different languages). He was easy to work with and ended up guiding us through everything we should do since we were inexperienced. He asked all the right questions and because of that our day went smoothly. He arrived in a timely manner and was dressed very appropriately. There is nothing bad that I could say about Shamar. I am very pleased with his work and I know our guests enjoyed him just as much as we did :)

Sent on 10/15/2018

stephanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Simply put, Jorge got busy on the ones and twos at our wedding! But for the full story, you have to go back to the beginning of team Jorge and Monica as Sound Event DJ’s providing a completely professional wedding planning experience from start to finish.

After narrowing down to our shortlist of candidates, Sound Event immediately gave us confidence that it would be an easy and professional affair throughout. Their team was extremely responsive and took the stress out of planning the sound for all aspects of our cocktail hour and reception.

Sound Event helped plan the additional lighting, which along with a list of other options were fairly and reasonably priced. Their interactive website helped make song planning for each of the many reception moments an absolute breeze, allowing us to be as detailed or hands off with the selections as we wanted.

Of course on wedding night, Jorge shined as both host and DJ, playing the perfect mix of music for the wide and worldly range of guests at our reception. Everyone was on the dance floor! Our advice is to hire Sound Event DJ’s early, and take some of the worry out of your wedding planning!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Charles · Married on 09/29/2017

Amazing experience!!!! Jorge and his wife exceeded our expectations and made our wedding celebration one we will never forget!

Sent on 10/06/2017

Barb · Married on 07/29/2017

I attended a Wedding in NY and had the BEST time (and I've been to A LOT of weddings but this one took the cake).. It was so great because it was literally a party and not an awkward "who wore it best" contest. This was all because the music was on point and at all hours of the evening, the dance floor was full of people- which is pretty hard to maintain as a DJ!
    The vibes were so positive and fun so there was no time for anything else except for dancing and drinking! A few years later, my boyfriend proposed to me and Jorge popped into my mind right away so literally, the day we chose the wedding date was the day I called him (1st vendor I called) so I could lock him in. I had a destination wedding on an island in Europe and wanted an eclectic play list which called for a skilled & experienced DJ. Jorge added me to his schedule with no hesitation. He came all the way to Greece and absolutely nailed it!!! Everyone had an amazing time and the dance floor was never empty! He played American, Greek and Spanish music! Also has an awesome emcee style, great voice & style of speaking! There literally was a minor fire at my reception where everyone panicked and he got on the microphone and with his positive energy, he was able to calm the crowd and avoid them from running off! (Luckily, the fire was put out and we partied on!) Thanks so much! You rock! Will for sure hire him for all future events!

Sent on 08/17/2017

elizabeth · Married on 07/15/2017

I couldn't have asked for a wedding night and SO MUCH had to do with Jorge! The dance floor was absolutely never empty and the music was a hit. My husband and I are so grateful that we had Jorge at our wedding because he was the main reason we had a blast. Everyone keeps telling us "Your wedding was the best party I've ever been to! My feet are so sore from dancing all night!" If that's not the biggest compliment for a DJ, I don't know what is! Hands down, Jorge was amazing and we couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Daniel · Married on 06/15/2017

Sound Event DJs did a great job. Good value, flexible. They provided a great site to record all of the details related to the event music and master of ceremonies information. Although I only spoke with Jorge once he was super responsive by email and pleasant to deal with. Worked with Antoinette several times by phone. DJ Matt was assigned to our event and he took all the info Antoinette provided and confirmed everything to make sure he understood the order of the events and what was needed and executed well. Happy to recommend them to others.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Choosing DJ Jorge was THE BEST DECISION we made during the wedding planning process. He was recommended to us through our wedding planner, who told us that she would have absolutely used DJ Jorge for her wedding if she could. Still, we were a bit apprehensive given that we had never met him in person and we were planning our Miami wedding from NYC. About 2 weeks before the wedding, we had a final call with Jorge to go over our song ideas and vision for the wedding. My husband provided him with some songs that we wanted played, but for the rest, we just told him the styles we were looking for. We said that the most important thing for us was that everyone have a great time, and that our wedding have the vibe of a super fun party. ALL OF THOSE THINGS CAME TRUE. Our dance floor was packed the entire night, from 7 PM to 12 AM. My husband and I barely even left the dance floor ourselves!!! He worked extremely well with our Hora Loca vendor, Black & Wine, and they both made our Hora Loca amazing. Multiple guests told us that our wedding was the best they ever attended. One friend said she wished she could hire Jorge for her upcoming wedding in San Francisco. My husband now says that he feels like DJ Jorge "read his mind." There were songs that he was thinking about requesting, but never actually did -- and somehow they ended up on Jorge's playlist. It's like he understood exactly what we wanted and made it happen. I could go on and on...but if you are considering DJ Jorge, my advice is not to think twice about it. He is amazing. Once again, we truly feel that he was the BEST decision we made when planning our wedding. THANK YOU DJ JORGE!!!!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Victoria · Married on 04/08/2017

We hired Jorge for our destination wedding in Miami at the Raleigh Hotel. When I first spoke with him, I liked how responsive him and his team were, and also how flexible and catering he was. I felt like I had been to so many weddings with awful DJs but he was perfect. He even custom remixed "Under My Skin" by Frank Sinatra to "Miami" by Will Smith which ended our first dance and had everyone joining the dance floor seamlessly. I had a rough wedding day to start because my planner kind of dropped the ball. I am so so so so thankful to have amazing vendors like Jorge that I didn't have to even worry about. He just went with it exceptionally and I am so thankful. I even gave him a big hug at the end of the night. He was incredible and I would recommend him forever.

Sent on 04/11/2017