Soul Patch Philly Reviews

41 | Bellmawr, NJ

41 Reviews for Soul Patch Philly

Lou · Married on 07/28/2018

Soul Patch Philly was the band for our daughter's wedding reception. We could not have been happier with our experience. Everything about this group is professional and talented. Our daughter and the groom wanted a band that kept their guests on the dance floor and Soul Patch Philly certainly did that ! Numerous guests said that this is the best wedding band they have ever experienced. Nate worked with our daughter and her groom to tailor the music for them.
    Nate was helpful and kind during the entire process, you can not go wrong by hiring Soul Patch Philly.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/30/2018

Soul Patch Philly absolutely brought the house down at my wedding! I have been to so many weddings with my now-husband where none of his friends danced...but not ours! They were all out on the dance floor all night! And that is thanks to Soul Patch! When I say everyone was on the dance floor, I mean EVERYONE, including my husband's 91-year old grandmother who swore she would not dance! Soul Patch's energy was electric and we have gotten so many comments about how our wedding was the best our guests have ever been to in large part because of the band. So many of our guests told us that they will be using bands for their weddings because the energy and the excitement that Soul Patch brought simply cannot be matched by a DJ. We cannot thank Soul Path enough for giving us the party of our lives!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Kyle · Married on 06/02/2018

Absolutely top notch. My wife and I got married June 2nd in Cape May, NJ, and Soul Patch played the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We currently live in Cincinnati, so we were doing some long distance wedding planning. Band leader Nate Kahn was incredibly easy to work with and flexible. He made some great recommendations that made the day run more smoothly. And the music itself...amazing. Their song list is huge and still doesn't encompass what these guys are able to do. We had an acoustic guitar and piano for our ceremony and a piano and horn for cocktail hour. Both flawless. We asked the band to learn a song for our first dance that was very different from what they normally play. Nate said no problem, and it was perfect - our favorite memory from the night. Nate did a great job MCing the reception, and we didn't even notice the band during dinner. That is a compliment - you don't want the band overpowering dinner conversation. When it came time to dance and party though these guys lit it up. Vocals, strings, drums, and brass all sounded great. Very talented musicians in this group. People I have known for years and never seen dance were out on the floor. We got countless compliments and lots of people asking for contact info for Soul Patch for future events. If music is important to you at you wedding or event, these are your guys.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/20/2018

Nate, the band leader, knows how to hustle! He arranged for us to see them live at another wedding before booking, and was very negotiable with us. Scheduling was a breeze. On the day of our wedding in April 2018, everything went flawlessly. I didn't have to worry about the band at all. Walking around to visit our guests during the reception, compliments on the choice of band were absolutely the #1 most frequent compliment we received. They were incredible!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • W

William · Married on 03/17/2018

Nate and the Soul Patch band had our wedding reception guests at Ellis Preserve dancing from the first minute of the reception. Their band is so tight, plays music for everyone, and feeds off the crowd energies beyond your expectation. The vocals, percussion, horns, drums, guitar, and key boards made the reception! We had so many guests say how much they enjoyed Soul Patch that it exceeded expectations. Nate worked with our daughter and her fiancé to deliver the music selections with variety, rhythm, and Philly soul. We highly recommend Soul Patch and you will not be disappointed! Great band.

Sent on 04/10/2018

Allison · Married on 12/09/2017

Having a large band was something that we wanted so badly for our wedding but after shopping around, we weren’t quite sure we could afford it. Then we found Soul Patch Philly. They are so much more reasonable than some of the agency bands of the same size and so much more personal. Nate, the leader, put together a last minute showcase for us and another couple. We were blown away by their talent and enthusiasm and we booked them the next day. Nate worked with us on the schedule and provided advice on how to make the most of the night. They learned our first dance and performed it perfectly! The music at the wedding was fantastic from the ceremony prelude to the very last song. Guests were up dancing all night and kept coming up to us to tell us how much they loved the band. Everyone was so bummed when the night came to an end. People are still talking about how much fun they had and how they can’t remember the last time they danced that hard!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Soul Patch Philly's reply:

Hi Allison! Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We had a great time playing for you and Mike and your guests. It was an awesome night and, again, we thank you so much for having us there to help you celebrate.

Matt · Married on 08/26/2017

8-26-17 wedding -- Soul Patch Philly was the most fun, professional, and talented band we could have asked for at our wedding. Blown away from the demo all the way through the big day -- Nate walked us through everything and made sure the band was something we didn't have to worry about whatsoever on such an important day. "Are you kidding me?" and "Just wow." were the most common reviews by our guests. All kinds of amazing vocals and instrumentals in this band, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 09/25/2017
  • F

Florentina · Married on 06/03/2017

You can't go wrong with Soul Patch Philly! The band went above and beyond with EVERYTHING: accommodating last minute requests, transitioning into bits of foreign traditions, and making our wedding basically one big dance floor for the most part of it. They were a pleasure to work with during the planning process and took so much off my plate. So many of our guests complimented us on the band!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Allison · Married on 04/14/2017

Soul Patch is the MOST AMAZING wedding entertainment in the South Jersey/Philly area! People are still raving about how fantastic the music was at our wedding. Nate (the lead guitarist) was so accommodating and flexible with our music taste. They learned all the songs we wanted that weren't in their catalog for our ceremony and reception. They played acoustic guitar and bass for our ceremony, keyboard during the cocktail - which was so classy, and rocked it out during our reception with all the best dancing tunes. Our guests were dancing from the moment they stepped into the ballroom and had to be asked to leave the dance floors to return to their tables to eat. It was THAT fun! Soul Patch Philly exceeded our expectations in every possible way and provided top-notch musicianship for our reception! We loved every minute of it and were so grateful we were able to book them for our wedding. I would 110% recommend booking this band for your reception - they are well worth it - they made our wedding so fun and memorable!!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017

Kathryn · Married on 04/08/2017

I may not have eaten a lot at my wedding, but I danced my face off and it's all because of Nate and Soul Patch Philly. They are incredible live musicians who know how to get the party started and keep it going till the final song. Guests can't stop raving about how wonderful the 'band' at our wedding was. Do yourself a favor and stop searching; just book Soul Patch.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Mike · Married on 12/16/2016

Nate and his band are incredible. He is very professional, even taking the time to get to know the couple before the wedding. We had several requests for our wedding and they accommodated all of them. And if that's not enough, we heard countless times they were the best wedding band our guests have seen.

Sent on 02/13/2017

Luciana · Married on 12/03/2016

When my then fiance and I started planning our wedding for December 2016 we knew we really wanted a great band to get the party going, so we started talking to several bands and even went to showcases to see them playing. From the beginning Soul Patch caught our attention with their talented people. Nate was very responsive and we met to talk about our expectations and decided to book with them immediately.

We could not have made a better decision!! The party was amazing, they kept everybody, from kids to the older folks, on the dance floor all night, everyone could not stop telling us how amazing they were!!

Awesome band, highly recommend!!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Danielle · Married on 10/29/2016

We booked Soul Patch Philly for our October 29th wedding and WOW were we happy we did! From my first phone call with Nate, I knew they were the right band for us. We arranged to hear them at a showcase first and we were immediately blown away! Nate was so helpful throughout the planning process and really made us comfortable with our decision in booking them. I would recommend Soul Patch Philly to anyone who wants to have an unforgettable, high energy event (everyone danced the entire night!!). Our friends and family cannot stop talking about how awesome the band was at our wedding. They absolutely killed it! Thank you Soul Patch Philly for making our wedding so incredible!!
    Danielle Fata

Sent on 12/15/2016

Al · Married on 08/06/2016

Soul Patch Philly was absolutely terrific and we highly recommend this band. They kept the dance floor filled the entire time at our wedding and they accommodated a number of special requests -- from incorporating a bridal party entrances idea that we had to learning Queen's Under Pressure to cap off the night. We have received so many compliments regarding the music and energy they brought to our reception. They offer great musicianship and five different vocalists, all with unique talents. Check them out -- you won't be disappointed!

-- Al & Emily M.

Sent on 08/27/2016

Darlene · Married on 08/05/2016

Nate from soul patch was awesome and set up a private show for me and my fiance. They were flexible with our needs and budget- so excited for the big day!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Soul Patch Philly was everything we wanted in a band for our wedding and more! They sounded amazing, were fun and playful with the crowd, and we're very accommodating to our special requests!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Kacie · Married on 06/25/2016

Soul Patch Philly is an amazing band! Our wedding guests never left the dance floor - everyone had a great time. Nate and his band were very professional, easy to work with and were very accommodating. I would highly recommend Soul Patch Philly to anyone who is looking for an energetic, fun and professional band. We are so happy we chose Soul Patch Philly - they truly made our night amazing!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Melanie · Married on 06/17/2016

My husband and I were so happy with Soul Patch Philly! We live in Kentucky, but had our wedding in Cape May, NJ. Even with all the distance Nate, the band leader, was responsive and accommodating! Soul Patch played wonderfully at the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We were even able to choose the songs we wanted! The band had so much energy and the wedding guests could not stop dancing. We wanted to continue the party all night! My husband and I would definitely recommend Soul Patch Philly to make your wedding even more unforgettable!

Sent on 07/27/2016
  • Noreen · Married on 04/30/2016

Nate from Soul Patch Philly was great to work with; prompt, courteous and meeting al our needs. The band was AWESOME!! Our guests never left the dance floor. Everyone said it made it the best wedding that they had been to in a long time and wanted to know where I got the band. They definitely created the atmosphere that we wanted for our daughters wedding; they played the entire time from cocktail hour through to the "last dance"; we were so sorry when the evening was over. I recommend to anyone considering a band--these guys were fantastic!!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Patricia · Married on 03/19/2016

Soul Patch Philly was the absolute perfect band for our wedding! Our guests are still commenting on how much fun they had dancing along to the 'fantastic live music!'

Aside from a very talented set of musicians who perform with amazing chemistry and an energy that is downright contagious, the band's leader, Nate, offers a personal and attentive element we did not feel we could have gotten from agency-associated bands.

This was the differentiator for us. It allowed us the ability to immediately build a relationship with the talent who would be a part of our special day. Nate was awesome to deal with. He was personal, attentive, professional, and honest. He also made us so comfortable during the entire process. Nate catered songs and experiences that were right for our special day. (As a bride it was very reassuring to be able to call him directly if we had a song idea or question, versus filtering information through an agency advocate).

We are so thankful that we discovered Soul Patch Philly and that they were such a big, successful part of our most important day!
    -Trish & Lou Becht

Sent on 05/02/2016

Jaime · Married on 01/02/2016

We were so happy that we chose Soul Patch Philly for our wedding. They were so easy to work with, played all of our special requests and overall were a great time! All of our guests had the best time and everyone was dancing, we would HIGHLY recommend them to any brides out there looking for a fun band!

Sent on 01/25/2016

The guests at my wedding couldn't say enough great things about the evening. In fact, I even received several thank you cards from guests! A HUGE part of what make the night so wonderful for both my husband and I was Soul Patch Philly. Everyone, and I mean, everyone, was dancing the entire night. Soul Patch was a pleasure to work with in addition to sharing with us their talent. They learned the songs that were most important to us that evening, which meant so very much to my husband, myself and our families.

This is a talented group of individuals who I'd recommend to anyone, not just in an online review. In fact, I've already provided their contact details to three other couples having wedding in the next year and my college alumni association for reunion weekend.

So much thanks to all the members of Soul Patch Philly for helping to make our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Aimee · Married on 11/07/2015

Soul Patch Philly was absolutely amazing! Everything we hoped for and more. They were totally on our same page with keeping the music rocking and played songs for all ages that had all our guests on the dance floor all night!! Got so many compliments from friends and family - plus they were an absolute pleasure to work with! Nate took care of everything and was extremely friendly and flexible. True professionals!! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/14/2015

Soul Patch Philly's reply:

Thanks, Aimee!! You were a pleasure to work with as well. And what an awesome wedding!! Best to you and Frank.

Daniel · Married on 09/19/2015

Soul Patch Philly played at our wedding this past weekend (9/19/15) and was AMAZING!!! From start to finish, SPP was a pleasure to work with. The band leader (Nate) was super responsive, well organized, accommodating to our requests, and a true professional from the first time we emailed him through the event. We used SPP for the entire event--ceremony (2 piece), cocktail hour (3 piece), and reception (full 8 piece)--and they tailored their sound/style perfectly for each part of the night. When it came time to get the dance floor going after dinner they did not disappoint, rocking for a full 2-3 hours with no breaks in the playlist. SPP's sound quality and musicianship was spot on, nailing every song from the most basic wedding staples to our special requests. Guests were raving about the band since the moment they started, through the night, and are still complimenting us on how good they were. I don't plan on getting married again any time soon but if I did I would hire SPP again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/26/2015