Sophisticated Delights Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner

• Tayler
    Tayler S. Married on 11/11/2022

Salter Johnson Wedding

Our experience with Chef D was amazing from start to finish. We left our tasting full and completely confident that our guests would be blown away by her flavors. For our passed Hors D'oeuvres we chose the southern dip and Hennessy honey lamb chops which people could not stop asking the servers for. Our main entree was a buffet presentation of the pan seared sea bass topped with lump crab and citrus garlic butter, cajun stuffed chicken with andouille sausage, sundried tomato risotto, and brocolini. Let me tell y’all that the flavor explosions were out of this world and the portions were very plentiful. The food was on time and fresh, and her staff was extremely professional. My Wife and I didn’t get a chance to eat at the wedding (of course) but Chef D had fresh to go plates for us that we absolutely demolished when we got back to our room. The remainder of our food not consumed by guests was also packaged very nicely for us to store. I would re-book Chef D and her team in a heartbeat and we plan on going straight to her for any other catered events we plan. Thank you again Chef D you played a huge part in making our night unforgettable!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea P. Married on 11/06/2022

11/6 Caterer Review for Wedding

Sophisticated Delights service and food was AMAZING for our wedding! I would recommend to any upcoming brides to check them out. The food was so delicious. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was! We loved that they offered kids meal options for our little ones. Their prices are also great compared to others. I am so glad we selected Sophisticated Delights for our wedding. The owner Dee is so nice! Again, the food was so good!
  • Michelle
    Michelle B. Married on 02/26/2022

10 out of 10!

We hired Sophisticated Delights to cater our wedding and they did not disappoint! Chef Dee and her team were awesome to work with and the food was delicious, all the way down to the side dishes. All the guests were complimenting it.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Franny
    Franny A. Married on 01/01/2022

Food is Good!!!!

Your service this year at my events were amazing! Your staff were so professional and polite! The Food was on point, being Caribbean its difficult to find a chef who knows how to captured the essence of Caribbean food . But with SD they nail it everytime!

Franny~
  • David
    Tammie Married on 11/12/2021

Wedding Day Hit

Sophisticated Delights was the talk of our wedding. Everyone loved the food and were trying really hard to get leftovers to take home. The service was excellent and quick! D’ambria and her team were phenomenal. I promise you won’t go wrong using this company. And the cherry on top…the prices were among the most affordable out there.
    C Caldwell Married on 10/10/2021

Outstanding!

Excellent service and food! You won’t be disappointed!
    Hannah Married on 10/07/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I need Chef DeeDee as my private chef!!!

I can not rave enough about D'ambria and her team. I live in the Netherlands but my husband is American, so we decided to have our wedding in the US since it was easier for everyone to come to the States. My husband and I hopped on a call with D'ambria and one thing I could immediately tell is she KNOWS her profession!!!

As a bride speaking to so many different people you start noticing who really owns their craft. Sophisticated Delights was the perfect fit and I booked them even without having a tasting first. I knew that her food would taste amazing just by all the other reviews, her expertise + years of experience in catering and she has an amazing menu that fits any style you are looking for.

We rescheduled due to covid and had our wedding a year later, and I was so happy that we didn't lose her as a vendor due to inavailability.

When I finally was able to come to the States we scheduled a tasting and LET. ME. TELL. YOU. That food was everything!!
    I could secretly cry tears of happiness because I was so proud that I made this decision and took a leap of faith all the way from another continent. Her food did NOT disappoint AT ALL. I wish I could do a tasting like that anyday lol!!! It was one of the things I really enjoyed during wedding planning.

After the tasting my husband and I just needed to know (and crossed our fingers) if she also does mealplanning, because this is definitely something we are willing to invest in. Say bye bye to HelloFresh.

On our wedding day the food tasted even better. I loved to see all our guests fed with such amazing fully filled plates and we have received tons of compliments on it. I loved her drink options that also came with the package and we simply had so much variety on our day.

D'ambria and team, you guys are really amazing and we are so happy to be your lifetime clients.

Hannah & Michael
  • Tanya
    Tanya P. Married on 01/08/2021

So wonderful!

We met Chef D at her open house and we knew immediately that we would be hiring her for our wedding! We came in for a tasting and her food was beyond delicious and reasonably priced. She was so kind, knowledgeable, and honest with us! We will be getting married next year and we are so so excited!!
    Teena D. Married on 10/23/2020

The best caterer 10/10

The best wedding food I’ve ever had!
    Ashley B. Married on 02/08/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfectly Seasoned "Wedding" Food!

D’Ambria was amazing! Not only was the catering selection great but the food was amazing and seasoned perfectly. Our family is from Louisiana and a lot of them were raving about the cajun chicken, salmon, and green beans. We even had enough for seconds and enough to take home. We appreciated the fact that she also does cake cutting which we didn’t realize was a “thing” that we needed to find. We had one pregnant vegan guest and she absolutely accommodated for that person. My husband was so busy enjoying the wedding that he was so upset he didn’t get to thank her before he left. Our goal for the reception was great food, cake, and DJ and Sophisticated Delights helped us exceed that goal!
  • Denny
    Denny A. Married on 01/18/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Flavorful food with class!

I got married January 18, 2020. Yes, it’s a bit late for a review, but I finally am going on my honeymoon (on our 1 year anniversary) and have time on the flight to thank my vendors. I heard about Sophisticated Delights when I posted a question on the Bride to Bride Facebook group. I was looking for upscale food that would represent the blending of me and my husband’s cultures. When I first looked into Sophisticated Delights, the reviews and info had my mouth watering. I could tell that Chef D’Ambria had various influences in her cooking: southern, Cajun, Caribbean, and might I say a little boujee ! This is EXACTLY what I was looking for-- food that was flavorful (I’ve been to a few weddings where the food was bland), upscale (in terms of ingredients and silverware), and blended my culture (Filipino) and my husband’s (Jamaican). I was even more impressed when we met Chef D’Ambria at our tasting. She made Jamaican and Filipino dishes to try-- how personable and thoughtful! We had another tasting scheduled after Sophisticated Delights, but we immediately canceled since we were so impressed with Chef D’Ambria. We also went with her bartenders and she helped us figure out how many of each liquor, wine, and beer we would need. This made planning easier on me since that was one less vendor I had to schedule. All the way up to the wedding, D’Ambria kept contact and answered all of my questions. The day of the wedding, there were little hiccups, but D’Ambria and my day-of-coordinator handled things smoothly. We were starting to run out of alcohol after the slightly extended cocktail hour (yes, our friends drink like fish), but D’Ambria quickly instructed her staff and remedied the situation. Now onto the FOOD-- DELICIOUS! Many of our guests told us how amazing and well-seasoned the food was. If you’re looking for memorable wedding food with a little bit of soul and boujee-ness, look no further! I highly recommend Sophisticated Delights!
    Shayna D. Married on 03/30/2019

Worth Every Penny!

I cannot say enough good things about Sophisticated Delights. D'Ambria and her team were absolutely lovely and the food was delicious. I had so many guests come up to me and tell me it was the best wedding food that they have ever had and some went up for even thirds! I highly recommend that you book Sophisticated Delights for any catering needs. D'Ambria was responsive, professional, knowledgeable and never tried to up-sell us on anything and always gave us her best advice. Look no further than Sophisticated Delights!!
    Jeanneth Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Food and Service

The food was amazing! From the planning, taste testing, and modifications everything went perfect. I never had to worry about anything with sophisticated delights. D'ambria was patient with our hectic schedule and provided excellent service in a professional manner. We selected the full service buffet option and had a chicken entree and the lobster manicotti and both were delicious. Our wedding guest raved about it for weeks. The price was also affordable and within our budget. We highly recommend sophisticated delights for any event.
    Ashley Married on 10/20/2018

So good!

We chose Sophisticated Delights to cater our wedding. Working with D'Ambria was nothing short of amazing! From the beginning she listened to our thoughts and gave us ideas on what could work for our budget. We consulted with other catering companies in the Houston area and they all sort of wanted to push what THEY wanted to do, and not what we ultimately wanted for our guests. With D'Ambria at every single point she made it about us and what our goal was for our guests. My main thing was for our guests to enjoy everything from start to finish and have this beautiful experience in terms of food and service. Her staff on the actual wedding day was beyond attentive and everyone loved it. We did a plated dinner with passed appetizers and late night bites! The late night bites were a hit and totally unexpected and we loved how everything was executed. I would highly recommend all brides to look no further and have a consultation with D'Ambria! Won't regret it and we can't wait to use Sophisticated Delights again.
    Mia Married on 07/26/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Fantabulous!!!! I do not know where to begin!! Chef Dee was very patient with me, seeing that I was a difficult bride to deal with. We made five changes to the menu and each time she was very pleasant with me. During the reception at cocktail hour, the staff was amazing, they went above and beyond to make sure all of my guests received appetizers (which by the way were sooo good) and also made sure the area stayed clean. The servers in the serving line made each one of my guests feel welcomed and accomadated a few special requests on the spot with a smile! Chef Dee came out, and also made sure everything was running smoothly and also made sure my guests were ok and checked to see if they needed any special accommodations. Our steaks were juicy and melted in your mouth, the potatoes were delicious, especially with her special gravy, as well as the green beans!!! I also loved the way she matched my decor! Oh and we have never seen anyone cut cake like she did, I think that was the highlight of the night!! LOL. And at the end of the night we had plates to go and the extras were boxed up and stacked for us to just pick up and take! Thank you Chef Dee for making my reception an awesome one and for allowing me to breathe and not have to worry about a thing!! My husband and I were happy and the guests were happy, THANK YOU!!
    Afsaneh Married on 05/20/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect! Chef Dee took our vision and made it a reality. All our guests loved how the cake tasted and how it looked, I cannot say thank you enough to Sophisticatedly Delights! She was very responsive to our changing requests, was always available for planning and discussion, and set the cake up just right on the day of our wedding. On such a stressful day, I couldn’t have been more happy to have chosen Sophisticated Delights. Thank you!!!
    Raul Married on 09/03/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Everything was great. From our tasting to all the extra help with finding linens and setting up. Also during the wedding the extra attention we got was amazing. Always felt like family. The food was great, nothing but compliments from my guest. Our wedding was originally postponed due to Hurricane Harvey, but D'ambria stuck with us. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Please use them. Thanks for making our wedding great. (The Ceviche was amazing). They
    Ashley Married on 08/04/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Very friendly staff and delicious food. We did buffet style and had full service to help with clean up and cake cutting. We also added an ice cream bar that our guests loved. I strongly recommend this company.
    Jasmine Married on 07/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sophisticated Delights was AWESOME! They went above and beyond when they catered our wedding. The food was DELICIOUS the staff was friendly. The price was great. We couldn't have asked for more! We hired them a second time to prepare the food for my graduation party and it was soooo good. I would highly recommend Sophisticated Delights!
    Allison Married on 04/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We found Dambria and Sophisticated Delights after a failed catering tasting. We were so pleased with the tasting and the packages she offers. We had a cheese stuffed chicken, potatoes, green beans, shrimp and grits, and 3 appetizers. I still have people telling me how yummy the food was. One guest said it was that first time he actually had GOOD wedding food! I would definitely recommend Sophisticated Delights for your catering needs!
  • User2978713 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    D'Ambria and her team at sophisticated delights catered our wedding recently Feb. 11, 2017 at the Tuscany Villa in Katy, TX. Words can't even begin to describe how amazing this experience was. From day 1, D'Ambria came to our house all the way in Katy, TX for our tasting. She knew we had a crazy work schedule, and did everything in her power to make the process easy. No other caterer company offered to do that, or accommodate our crazy schedule as D'Ambria did. Her energy and positive attitude really made our decision easy. She was there for us every step of the way, and was on top of everything to ensure everything was on point. The food was fantastic, and our guests raved about how much they loved everything that was served at our wedding. The professionalism that D'Ambria and her staff displayed on our wedding day, was greatly appreciated. I'm so happy we found Sophisticated Delights, and would highly recommend this company for any event needing catering services.
    Cecilia Married on 04/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sophisticated delights catered the food and non alcoholic drinks for our wedding appetizers and reception. She was absolutely amazing. The food was delicious, hot, the appetizers we ordered included orzo cheese balls, meatball sliders, stuffed mushrooms and shrimp cocktail. I received compliments for all of the appetizers and my husband and I personally really liked the cheese balls. She also provided the silverware for the reception which were vintage gold and coordinated perfectly with our rustic vintage tent reception. We worked with many vendors, probably 10 total for our wedding day, and out of all the vendors we worked with, sophisticated delights was the one vendor who continuously went above and beyond our expectations, was professional 24/7, and as a bride I knew and had 100% confidence in her teams ability to deliver high quality food and service. basically, she took care of the food and I didn't have to worry about a thing, not a single thing regarding the food. It was so refreshing to work with someone who clearly shows they have years of professional experience. If you want savory food, excellent customer service and PEACE OF MIND as a bride for your wedding or any other special event, hire sophisticated delights. Our dinner was southern comfort food and included bacon wrapped filet mignon, chicken fried steak with white gravy, green beans, rice casserole, and salad and everything was delicious!
    Angeles Married on 10/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We hired D'Ambria with Sophisticated Delights to cater our wedding and were thoroughly impressed with her work!! The food was amazing, there was tons of it, and the price we were told never changed. D'Ambria was super easy to work with and we highly recommend her and her food! We gave our guests the option of having steak, three cheese stuffed chicken, or vegetarian lasagna. I ended up having steak, which I loved, but it was a tough choice. My husband had the chicken and really enjoyed it. And I know my Mom loved the lasagna. Best of luck with your business D'Ambria! I've definitely recommended you to several friends.
  • User2360095 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Sophisticated Delights created a delicious wedding cake and other tasty desserts for our wedding... our guests raved about them! She was also willing to create special desserts that fit our requests. Awesome desserts and she even danced with us during our wedding, like family. Would recommend to family and friends for anything from weddings to family holiday gatherings and parties.
    Noelle B. Married on 01/08/2022
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Love at first bite!

Some people have you at hello. Chef Dee had us at Crawfish Mac and cheese. Our tasting was love at first bite! All our guests raved about how good the food was! It was delicious, fresh, and hot. The servers were professional and attentive. And Chef Dee had great attention to detail. We are very pleased with Sophisticated Delights catering our wedding.
illustration stars