Sophia Roud Media Reviews

Sophia Roud Media 6
Sophia Roud Media 7
  • Nick

Nick Tan · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing cinematographer with a creatively keen eye!

If you are looking for a boring generic video of your event, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a creative artist who will capture your day perfectly in a shorter video, look no further. Sophia's carefully crafted video will show every intimate detail and emotion in a way that will leave you in awe. Don't just take it from me - visit her Vimeo site and check out her portfolio!

From the first time we connected via email to months after the wedding, Sophia has been very professional and accommodating. She worked with us to get exactly what we wanted for our package and even flew to NYC for the shoot! Her cheerful and uplifting spirit will ease any camera shyness concerns...that is if you can see her during your event. You will barely notice that she is there!

It's a good thing this review is almost 4 months late since she also just surprised us with a nice dream box in the mail!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Catherine

Catherine Chen · Married on 03/23/2019

A Good Storyteller

Sophia captured our story and the beautiful backdrop of Hawaii. I liked the slo-mo effects too. I would recommend her!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis Inskip · Married on 02/03/2019

We love sophia!

She was able to accommodate or elopement shoot with the dates we were spending in Hawaii. She even picked us up from our hotel to take us to our location early in the morning. We loved her energy and personality. She was able to work with our budget as well!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Ashley Carlevato · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely amazing

Sophia surpassed our expectations and then some! We were so pleased with her work at our friends' wedding in Hawaii that we decided to fly her to Miami for ours! And she did NOT disappoint. Sophia was present the entire time, but also so perfectly blended in. Her cinematography is a true gift and we will value her work for the rest of our lives together! We were so impressed with the quality and length of our video and would highly recommend her for anyone considering getting a videographer. It was totally worth it to fly her down, we got the wedding video of our dreams and get to relive our best day over and over again! Thank you Sophia!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/02/2018

Incredible and unique

Sophia is not only friendly and welcoming, she is an amazing talent! We had looked at several videographers but weren’t terribly impressed enough to want to hire anyone. Luckily Sophia came as a recommendation to us by our photographers, and as soon as we saw her work, we were hooked!

The video turned out amazing and so much more than we could have asked for. Everyone who has seen us is in shock as to how beautifully done it is.

Thank you Sophia for everything and for putting together such an amazing memory for us!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Noelle Harvey · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely unreal

I don’t even know where to begin! Sophia was an absolute dream to work with. The sweetest soul with a true gift of capturing the best day ever. We get to relive this day over and over again through the most romantic, moody, beautiful lense of Sophia. I would hire her 100 times again if I could!!
    We live in Portland (and her in Hawaii) and she was more than willing to travel to us because we wanted her to capture our day. There are many amazing videographers out there, but I’ve never seen another video as unique and beautiful as Sophia’s!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Correa · Married on 07/28/2018

We love Sophia!

Sophia has an incredible ability to capture every important moment without you even noticing that she was there. She blended gorgeous ceremony footage, candid reception moments, beautiful shots of the scenery, audio from our ceremony, and thoughtfully selected music to create an impactful wedding highlight that we cannot stop watching! We are grateful that we selected Sophia to document our special day and we highly suggest her to anyone who is in search of a videographer.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Laura · Married on 07/24/2018

Sophia was recommended to us by our wedding planner, Jeremy, with Hanai Events. He showed us an example of her work and guaranteed we would cry if she made our video. I am a sucker for tears of joy. He did not lie, oh my goodness...talk about breathtaking!!! My husband gave the ultimate compliment, becoming inspired by Sophia’s work.

Sophia possesses a unique combo of professionalism, while feeling like family. Having a curve ball thrown our way 6 days before our destination wedding (venue fell thru), Sophia adjusted her schedule to accommodate our new plans/venue, and on her own accord, provided us with additional time to ensure we got sunset photos. Working with Sophia was one of our favorite parts of our day since my hubby & I really got to be with one another, laugh and be silly with Sophia’s encouragement and guidance.

She proceeded to work nonstop post-wedding, producing beautiful images within one week of the wedding (and double the amt. promised). Our contract stipulated a 3 month turn around; both, pics and videos were made easily accessible and sent to us within 20 days! She also created a photo gallery to share with guests, mailed a personalized flash drive accompanied with a beautiful card & Hawaiian candy. Above and beyond is an understatement!

I cannot say enough about the spirit and amazing artistry of this extraordinarily talented woman. She is the real deal & we felt incredibly privileged to have her as part of our Big Day. After sharing with guests, many reached out sharing they were so touched by the video that they cried! While another family member stated “what ever you paid, it was not enough!” …I could not agree more, and I, like our wedding planner, can guarantee that if you are lucky enough to get on Sophia’s calendar you will be beyond amazed by the gift she provides you with.

Sophia, we are eternally grateful to you and will forever cherish & easily be teleported back to our beautiful day with what you have gifted us with!

Sent on 09/14/2018
    Sophia Roud Media 15
    Sophia Roud Media 16
    Sophia Roud Media 17

Monique · Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I start.... Sophia is absolutely, hands down the best videographer you can choose in Hawaii. Hiring a videographer for our ceremony was the best investment we made throughout the entire wedding process. We were married in Hawaii and our families could not attend. We held a reception back home and played the video ceremony for them. Sophia made every one cry and the compliments kept coming all night and even after we posted it online. I want to thank her for getting us this video so quickly and the extra mile she put into making us feel like we were movie stars. Please choose her now, you wont regret it!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Colby Mangonon · Married on 06/15/2018

Truly the best!!

I honestly can’t say enough about how talented and incredible Sophia is. We learned about Sophia from our venue’s coordinator and after viewing a couple of her amazing pieces of art I knew we had to book her for our wedding. Sophia was so kind, fun, and helpful leading up to our wedding. On the day of our wedding she worked so hard to capture every single angle, candid moment, and beautiful detail. She’s so much fun to work with and my husband and I felt so comfortable and relaxed in front of her camera. My family absolutely loved her and kept talking about how hard she was working and how everywhere they turned, she’s was there capturing something. We added on the Instagram teaser and her turn around was SO FAST that we were able to post it before we even left for our honeymoon. It was absolutely beautiful and made me even more excited for the full video. She sent us the full video so quickly and I can’t even express how amazed and in love we are with our video. Sophia is truly an artist and she captured every single emotion and beautiful part of our wedding and our guests. She truly captured the feeling of what we experienced on our big day. My husband and I were sitting there crying our eyes out watching it. She is so absolutely worth hiring for your videography! We were seriously so in love with what she captured that we also asked if she would make an album of some of the stills from our video. She custom designed and made the layout of our album and we’re just as obsessed with it! Everything about Sophia is the best of the best and you definitely won’t regret hiring her for your wedding video!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2018

I can not say enough good things about Sophia! Not only is she a beautiful, kind person but she is beyond talented. We look at our pictures she took of our wedding almost everyday. Leading up to the wedding Sophia was more than happy to go over any details that were important to us, and upon our first meeting we knew we had scored the jackpot with her. We really wanted someone to capture all the moments, but do to it naturally. And that's exactly what she did! she captured our day in a way I've never seen before. The comments we've received from our friends and family on the quality and style of photography Sophia provided makes us love her even more! She went above and beyond for us and made us feel so comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. We will never be able to thank her enough for her amazing work.

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Sophia Roud Media 24
    Sophia Roud Media 25
    Sophia Roud Media 26

Jordan · Married on 05/27/2018

I have been literally crying all morning from joy watching Sophia's videography she did for us. It is beautiful. The most beautiful video of my entire life. Not only was the videography so captivating she was also so friendly and personable. You could tell she loves doing what she does. She's a natural. Her energy made me feel extra happy during our wonderful but stressful time. We overworked her with doing our ceremony and reception but the videos came out perfect. So thank you for your hard work. Much love and aloha. -Jordan & Damien Alvarez

Sent on 06/09/2018
    Sophia Roud Media 27
    Sophia Roud Media 28

Jaewon · Married on 05/20/2018

Sophia was nothing short of amazing. My wife & I decided to find a Videographer for our wedding and we decided to go with Sophia Roud through our photographer. He told us about her and knowing that our photographer's work was amazing. We couldn't have been more excited to find out about our Videographer!

The day of our wedding it was quite amazing. We didn't get the chance to see Sophia at all. It was like she worked from the shadows but we would catch a glimpse of her on occasions and very rarely did we ever feel like we were intruded on. It was unbelievable as most photographers & videographers need to get up right in your face to get the best shots possible. Not Sophia. Sophia was UNBELIEVABLE. It was absolutely amazing how the video turned out to be and knowing that she got some amazing shots just made it all the better. After we received our video the wife and I were talking together trying to figure out where Sophia was during that 8 hours of time we booked her for.

Not only was she able to hide away and keep herself constantly videotaping our wedding. But she seemed to be able to catch the love, joy, and happiness that was permeating that day. I couldn't recommend her more. If you want someone who you know will catch the best of your beautiful loved one and yourself. Catch the emotions and moments that you knew were special to you at that exact moment. A videographer who was very steady and amazing at keeping herself very professional but extremely friendly.

I couldn't have asked for someone better.

Thank you again, Sophia, from my wife & I.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Noemi · Married on 05/19/2018

Sophia is very talented. It’s easy to see her passion for art and beauty. We were very fortunate to work with Sophia for our wedding. She did an amazing job at capturing moments that’ll last forever! I’m in love with her work and still amazed with the final product. Also, she sent us a customized flash drive and personalized it with sweets! She is so amazing and sweet. Great to work with!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Cage · Married on 05/16/2018

Our experience with Sophia was nothing short of amazing. Even when planning from overseas, she was quick to respond to any questions we had. She was so helpful in making up a package that specifically fit our needs for our wedding day. Sophia was so friendly and easy to be around on the big day! She made sure to make everyone feel super comfortable. The end product was unbelievable. The wedding video she created captured our special day so perfectly. Her style is unique and artistic, and she’s able to make you feel exactly the way you felt on that day while watching the video. All of our friends and family LOVED it. I had many people ask me where to get a hold of Sophia. I also made sure to tell my wedding coordinator to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding videographer!!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Camille · Married on 02/08/2018

Love love love Sophia and the video! We made the right choice with picking Sophia. The video came out amazing. She captured so much. We were so surprised when we watched the video. We have gotten so many compliments on our video. She was so easy to get along with and she made the process easy for our destination wedding.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I got married on island and knew neither of our families would make it. We wanted to find someone who would understand the importance of capturing all the emotions that would come during our ceremony. Sophia did just that and so much more. We knew her work was one of a kind, but after seeing what she did for us, it exceeded anything we could have imagined. She has such a giving heart and helped make our day sweeter than we could have asked for. Such a talented and sweet person.

Sent on 01/12/2018

Mika · Married on 11/11/2017

Where to begin?! Sophia is so incredibly talented and was such a pleasure to work with. She did our wedding video on Oahu and we were blown away by the final result! We looked at several different videographers and when we came across Sophia's work we knew immediately that this is what we had been looking for. Her style is more cinematic and creative. We scheduled a FaceTime session right away with her and chatted about what we were looking for. She was so eager to learn about us and what we were looking for. She connected with us a couple of weeks before the wedding to chat about final details. Day of went so smoothly and we honestly felt that we had made a lifelong friend by the end of it. When planning such a special day it is invaluable to have people around who you have full confidence in from the beginning to end. If you are looking for a video that captures all of the emotions of a wedding day that you will watch over and over, Sophia is your girl!!!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Josie · Married on 10/02/2017

We feel SO blessed to have found Sophia for our wedding photography and videography. One look at her portfolio and we knew that she had just the eye and style that we were seeking for our Maui ceremony and reception. She is professional, warmly engaging, a breeze to work with, and absolutely bursting with talent. We had a very basic preferred shot list but mostly left things up to Sophia's expertise. We came away with the most beautiful photos and a video that had me happy-crying within seconds. Words can't express the gratitude we have for our life-long treasures and the treasure that is Sophia herself!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Merianne · Married on 09/24/2017

I have nothing but admiration for Sophia and the work she produces. I spent countless hours on the computer searching for a videographer and I didn’t hesitate to reach out to Sophia, I thought she was too good to be true! I was over the moon at our final video, watched over 100X’s and still gives me goosebumps. She was incredibly sweet and pleasant to work with, very complimentary which made it easy to transition into being live models for the day!She made my husband and I feel very comfortable and at ease. At times we didn’t even know she was filming. She captured all of the awesome candid moments we didn’t even know existed and brought them to life in the most beautiful way. She did a fabulous job at capturing the scenery which was UNREAL at The Kualoa Ranch. The best part is being to able to see this for years to come, share with our future children and generations to come. Every penny well spent, not one regret hiring Sophia!!! Honestly, I just hope I get the opportunity to work with her again!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Rebeca · Married on 09/22/2017

I had a very small wedding of 20 people and didn't feel like I needed a whole days worth of coverage for my wedding. Luckily, Sophia had packages that offered coverage of the entire ceremony which was what I ended up with. After checking out some of her other videos I knew that I had to hire her as part of my wedding vendor team!

She somehow took a 15 minute ceremony that was in a very very small space and made a video that was dreamy, artistic, and lovely. She took some footage of my husband and I dancing and walking around the garden and edited that in there to elevate it even more. For the price I paid, it was everything I wanted and a keepsake that we'll look back on for the rest of our lives! Sophia is extremely talented and you will not be disappointed with her work!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Lloyd · Married on 09/08/2017

Amazing. Unique. Ambitious. Visionary. Sophia definitely stands out from the crowd! Her work is artistic and creative and awe inspiring! We hired Sophia to be our wedding videographer and were so glad we did. Sophia is very easy to communicate with and professional. Her mastery of her craft is what appealed to us the most, when we watch our videos we relive our favorite moments like a dream that you never want to end. It’s amazing how magical her finished products make you feel. She may be young but her works are timeless. We loved her smile and presence, very reassuring on your big day as she makes you feel relaxed in front of the camera. She’s fun and energetic, you won’t go wrong! Choose her!!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Allana · Married on 08/24/2017

Sophia recently did our Wedding Video and it was beyond our expectations! She was punctual, professional and so easy to deal with organising all the way from Sydney Australia. Having 4 flower girls is a challenge in itself but Sophia managed to capture all special moments effortlessly. She's a very talented young lady we highly recommend.

Sent on 02/11/2018

Kaylee · Married on 07/01/2017

Sophia creates amazingly beautiful video! She is incredibly professional and creative. We spoke on the phone/facetime a few times before the wedding and she showed up early and captured everything beautifully. Hire Sophia!

Sent on 08/17/2017

Natalie · Married on 06/30/2017

Sophia is INCREDIBLE! We were floored when we first saw our wedding highlights; crying in the car to be exact, as we relived our wedding day and all of the feelings that came with it. Sophia's work not only captures the exact emotions that we and our friends/family were feeling that day, but also caught so many details and moments that we didn't personally get to witness. My husband and I didn't even notice Sophia most of the day (I do believe this is why everything looks so genuine & candid), and we were so pleasantly surprised when we saw so many beautiful memories in the video that we didn't know she had recorded! Everyone who has seen our video has been amazed at the quality and artfulness of it, and many of them have said it's the best wedding video they have seen.
    We almost didn't have videography at our wedding and I am SO so glad that Sophia was there to capture everything for us. She is incredibly talented and doesn't simply record a wedding, her videos are works of art, and you can see her passion for what she does in her work. We would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a beautiful way to document their wedding day!

Sent on 07/24/2017