Sophia Roud Media Reviews

55 | Honolulu, HI

55 Reviews for Sophia Roud Media

Gabrielle W. · Married on 01/21/2020

Photoshoot for mama and baby

Sophia you are absolutely incredible!! You completely brought my vision to life and I didnt even tell you what I wanted! You knew exactly what props to bring, colors to coordinate, location to shoot at, the angles, the lighting, the poses.. W O W. The whole shoot seemed so natural and effortless and it shows in the beautiful photos! I will cherish these memories for life. I cannot thank you enough, you are an incredibly talented artist and camera star

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda L. · Married on 10/01/2019

Pure brilliance HIGHLY recommend!

I cannot sing Sophia's praises enough! Such a beautiful wedding video capturing everything possible on the most joyous day of our lives. She's professional, dedicated and SO talented! You will not be disappointed!!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Just hire her already

I cannot day enough words for how amazing Sophia is at her craft! Not only is she good as what she does, she’s just the sweetest person to interact and work with! We were so excited to receive our video a few short months after the wedding. It was the main thing I was looking forward to the most! We knew she was good when we hired her but she captured our wedding so beautifully and exceeded beyond our wildest expectations! The attention to detail she puts into her films and creativity is extraordinary. I don’t know how she does it but while filming at the wedding she was just stealthy and kept out of sight to capture the most amazing candid moments. If you are debating whether or not to hire a videographer for your wedding, do it! If you’re debating on hiring Sophia to capture you’re wedding... DO IT. You don’t want to miss out on this gem. :)

Sent on 12/30/2019

Laura · Married on 09/18/2019

The hype is real

Sophia is brilliant. My wedding video is something I will treasure forever. Sophia’s creative nature, passion about her craft, and talent exceeded all expectations. Being from Los Angeles and her from Hawaii (I think she’s drinking magician island water or something) It felt like I was working with not only a longtime professional but a friend. Her essence is like no other and is a true force to be reckoned with.

• Johanna

Johanna A. · Married on 09/03/2019

Raw, creative, inspiring!

Sophia is AMAZING, KIND and CREATIVE! She really captured the beauty of my wedding and was the perfect person to collaborate with to create a creative wedding intro video for my reception party. Her eye for the shot is incredible but is more than willing to listen to your ideas and to incorporate them into your video. She will honestly leave you speechless with what she can create.

If you are looking for someone who will capture one of the most important moments of your lives in an innovative way, then Sophia is worth every penny! Her talent is raw and stunning so I encourage everyone to hire her! Thank you so much Sophia for blessing my husband and I with memorable videos that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • The2ofUs

Celeste H. · Married on 07/20/2019

Woman on Fire

YO, VIP, … Stop Collaborate and Listen.

Everyone who is on the edge about booking Sophia Roud read this!

Wedding Day = All that is Magical and Glittery. Yes or No?

For some, that might be their jam. For others, they might be feeling a little more adventure or sci-phi. There could be a possibility of something really intimate or a little extra… but sometimes it’s hard to decide and it’s not quite figured out yet.

Either way, that’s ok!
    -She does it all.-
    -She is the do-er of dreams.-

Let us explain with full heart and honesty.
    Sophi has your back.
    No matter what you desire, she seems to have the most breathtaking ideas! She is professionally educated in cinematography and has been able to blend that knowledge with her natural instinct. It is inspiring to watch someone be so indulgent in their work, that they are able to go with the flow and bounce ideas off the tiniest of details. (When we say tiny details, that could mean a teeny weeny dew drop, and BOOM your wedding ring reflected in it.) She loves the use of color, light and sound and feeds off your emotion. This is a wedding film in art form.

At instances when we were about to move on to the next phase of the wedding she insured we did not miss an inspired moment. It was like sparks of imagination combined into our own beautiful reality. As we awaited our film the anticipation -was real!- Upon arrival, when we saw how the tiniest of detail was used it gave us another layer of respect for undeniable talent. Those details made the largest impact and made the heart throb. It’s one of those things where you say, “ __________.” Because you are at a literal loss for words. She has always kept in touch and been available when needed. Even after she sends your video she wants to make sure your satisfied! In today’s world that is rare.

Summary: When Tyger and I look back at our Elopement, we both have said over and over, “What would we have done without Sophia?”

We promise, we are not giving Sophi too much praise. She helped us from the very beginning to the very dear end and her dynamic proves that each video she creates has equal importance to her. We could not imagine if we chose to have someone else film our special day. No other style we reviewed was near comparison. Thanks to Sophi we have more than a video but also a keepsake. We are able to forever remember our special day captured in local Oahu. We feel as if we have known her for a life time. So our suggestion is: Do not plan your wedding without Sophia Roud (period.)

Forever Grateful for a New Friendship.

…let’s kick it!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Andie W. · Married on 06/22/2019

A Visionary! Snap Her Up!

Our wedding planner suggested Sophia to us as our wedding videographer. As someone that works in media, I'm EXTREMELY picky about the way things look and upon watching Sophia's work, my fiance and I were immediately entranced! What an artist, truly! Her point of view is so unique and absolutely beautiful. But that doesn't stop her from being a team player and making sure her clients get what they want. She perfectly married (pun intended) her vision with ours to beautiful effect. If there's any doubt, watch her work and it speaks for itself. However, If you DO get to speak with her you will find her just the sweetest kindest person. She put us so at ease on our wedding day and was so visibly excited I couldn't wait to see the end result!! Her cheerful demeanor and encouraging spirit really made our day something special and we were so so happy with the results. BOOK HER for any and all occasions. She is something special and you won't want to miss out! We couldn't be happier with booking her for our wedding day!

Sent on 10/27/2019
  • Nick

Nick T. · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing cinematographer with a creatively keen eye!

If you are looking for a boring generic video of your event, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a creative artist who will capture your day perfectly in a shorter video, look no further. Sophia's carefully crafted video will show every intimate detail and emotion in a way that will leave you in awe. Don't just take it from me - visit her Vimeo site and check out her portfolio!

From the first time we connected via email to months after the wedding, Sophia has been very professional and accommodating. She worked with us to get exactly what we wanted for our package and even flew to NYC for the shoot! Her cheerful and uplifting spirit will ease any camera shyness concerns...that is if you can see her during your event. You will barely notice that she is there!

It's a good thing this review is almost 4 months late since she also just surprised us with a nice dream box in the mail!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2019

Captured our day perfectly :) A true artist!

Sophia is the best!!! She took us on with only two weeks before our wedding without any hesitation. We were absolutely blown away by her artistic interpretation of our ceremony- it was everything we wanted and so much more! My husband and I were both in tears watching it back... she nailed it! Thank you Sophia!

• Catherine

Catherine C. · Married on 03/23/2019

A Good Storyteller

Sophia captured our story and the beautiful backdrop of Hawaii. I liked the slo-mo effects too. I would recommend her!

Sent on 05/02/2019
  • Alexis

Alexis I. · Married on 02/03/2019

We love sophia!

She was able to accommodate or elopement shoot with the dates we were spending in Hawaii. She even picked us up from our hotel to take us to our location early in the morning. We loved her energy and personality. She was able to work with our budget as well!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Ashley C. · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely amazing

Sophia surpassed our expectations and then some! We were so pleased with her work at our friends' wedding in Hawaii that we decided to fly her to Miami for ours! And she did NOT disappoint. Sophia was present the entire time, but also so perfectly blended in. Her cinematography is a true gift and we will value her work for the rest of our lives together! We were so impressed with the quality and length of our video and would highly recommend her for anyone considering getting a videographer. It was totally worth it to fly her down, we got the wedding video of our dreams and get to relive our best day over and over again! Thank you Sophia!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Cheston

Cheston K. · Married on 01/09/2019

Not your average wedding video

If you’re researching wedding videographers and seen enough videos, you’ve probably come to the same conclusion I have. They all kinda look the same. They all have the same walk up the aisle shot. They have the same awkward brides maid speech. They have the same make-up in the hotel room shot. All of it amounts to a kinda awkward, barely romantic edit of the days events. They’re all kinda doing the same bland thing.

Expect Sophia Roud.

She’s different. She’s something special.

When you hire her - you’re not getting a video of the day. You’re getting a dream she’s created. Her work is magical, it’s romantic in a way you didn’t think it could ever be. The video she created for us was truly truly something we’re gonna treasure for the rest of our lives. Every time we watch it (which is everyday) we just cherish it more and more - because it does something other videos don’t do, it captures the love we feel, not just the days event. She is a visual genius and offers something no other videographer can offer.

And on top of all of that, she’s a genuinely sweet and super friendly person. I can’t recommend her enough.

Thank you Sophia!!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/20/2018

a true gem! cannot find anyone like her.

Sophia's work is pure perfection! Her creativity and the artistic direction she takes with the video is absolutely brilliant. She was able to capture the very essence of that day, which you can feel through the music and sound bytes that she had incorporated into the video. It was a complete blur for me that day, but when I saw the video, all the feelings that I felt at our wedding day came back within the first 5 seconds of watching her work. Visually it's gorgeous and definitely not your typical wedding video. She understood from the beginning that details were important to us and for her to capture those details and little moments that our guests shared with one another was truly special to us. You will NOT regret hiring Sophia because she is the sweetest person with an amazing vision that she translates into a piece of art! Thank you for from the bottom of our hearts for being able to capture our day! You're an absolute gem! Mahalo!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/02/2018

Incredible and unique

Sophia is not only friendly and welcoming, she is an amazing talent! We had looked at several videographers but weren’t terribly impressed enough to want to hire anyone. Luckily Sophia came as a recommendation to us by our photographers, and as soon as we saw her work, we were hooked!

The video turned out amazing and so much more than we could have asked for. Everyone who has seen us is in shock as to how beautifully done it is.

Thank you Sophia for everything and for putting together such an amazing memory for us!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Noelle H. · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely unreal

I don’t even know where to begin! Sophia was an absolute dream to work with. The sweetest soul with a true gift of capturing the best day ever. We get to relive this day over and over again through the most romantic, moody, beautiful lense of Sophia. I would hire her 100 times again if I could!!
    We live in Portland (and her in Hawaii) and she was more than willing to travel to us because we wanted her to capture our day. There are many amazing videographers out there, but I’ve never seen another video as unique and beautiful as Sophia’s!

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany C. · Married on 07/28/2018

We love Sophia!

Sophia has an incredible ability to capture every important moment without you even noticing that she was there. She blended gorgeous ceremony footage, candid reception moments, beautiful shots of the scenery, audio from our ceremony, and thoughtfully selected music to create an impactful wedding highlight that we cannot stop watching! We are grateful that we selected Sophia to document our special day and we highly suggest her to anyone who is in search of a videographer.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Laura · Married on 07/24/2018

Sophia was recommended to us by our wedding planner, Jeremy, with Hanai Events. He showed us an example of her work and guaranteed we would cry if she made our video. I am a sucker for tears of joy. He did not lie, oh my goodness...talk about breathtaking!!! My husband gave the ultimate compliment, becoming inspired by Sophia’s work.

Sophia possesses a unique combo of professionalism, while feeling like family. Having a curve ball thrown our way 6 days before our destination wedding (venue fell thru), Sophia adjusted her schedule to accommodate our new plans/venue, and on her own accord, provided us with additional time to ensure we got sunset photos. Working with Sophia was one of our favorite parts of our day since my hubby & I really got to be with one another, laugh and be silly with Sophia’s encouragement and guidance.

She proceeded to work nonstop post-wedding, producing beautiful images within one week of the wedding (and double the amt. promised). Our contract stipulated a 3 month turn around; both, pics and videos were made easily accessible and sent to us within 20 days! She also created a photo gallery to share with guests, mailed a personalized flash drive accompanied with a beautiful card & Hawaiian candy. Above and beyond is an understatement!

I cannot say enough about the spirit and amazing artistry of this extraordinarily talented woman. She is the real deal & we felt incredibly privileged to have her as part of our Big Day. After sharing with guests, many reached out sharing they were so touched by the video that they cried! While another family member stated “what ever you paid, it was not enough!” …I could not agree more, and I, like our wedding planner, can guarantee that if you are lucky enough to get on Sophia’s calendar you will be beyond amazed by the gift she provides you with.

Sophia, we are eternally grateful to you and will forever cherish & easily be teleported back to our beautiful day with what you have gifted us with!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Monique · Married on 07/21/2018

Where do I start.... Sophia is absolutely, hands down the best videographer you can choose in Hawaii. Hiring a videographer for our ceremony was the best investment we made throughout the entire wedding process. We were married in Hawaii and our families could not attend. We held a reception back home and played the video ceremony for them. Sophia made every one cry and the compliments kept coming all night and even after we posted it online. I want to thank her for getting us this video so quickly and the extra mile she put into making us feel like we were movie stars. Please choose her now, you wont regret it!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Colby M. · Married on 06/15/2018

Truly the best!!

I honestly can’t say enough about how talented and incredible Sophia is. We learned about Sophia from our venue’s coordinator and after viewing a couple of her amazing pieces of art I knew we had to book her for our wedding. Sophia was so kind, fun, and helpful leading up to our wedding. On the day of our wedding she worked so hard to capture every single angle, candid moment, and beautiful detail. She’s so much fun to work with and my husband and I felt so comfortable and relaxed in front of her camera. My family absolutely loved her and kept talking about how hard she was working and how everywhere they turned, she’s was there capturing something. We added on the Instagram teaser and her turn around was SO FAST that we were able to post it before we even left for our honeymoon. It was absolutely beautiful and made me even more excited for the full video. She sent us the full video so quickly and I can’t even express how amazed and in love we are with our video. Sophia is truly an artist and she captured every single emotion and beautiful part of our wedding and our guests. She truly captured the feeling of what we experienced on our big day. My husband and I were sitting there crying our eyes out watching it. She is so absolutely worth hiring for your videography! We were seriously so in love with what she captured that we also asked if she would make an album of some of the stills from our video. She custom designed and made the layout of our album and we’re just as obsessed with it! Everything about Sophia is the best of the best and you definitely won’t regret hiring her for your wedding video!!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Danielle · Married on 05/31/2018

I can not say enough good things about Sophia! Not only is she a beautiful, kind person but she is beyond talented. We look at our pictures she took of our wedding almost everyday. Leading up to the wedding Sophia was more than happy to go over any details that were important to us, and upon our first meeting we knew we had scored the jackpot with her. We really wanted someone to capture all the moments, but do to it naturally. And that's exactly what she did! she captured our day in a way I've never seen before. The comments we've received from our friends and family on the quality and style of photography Sophia provided makes us love her even more! She went above and beyond for us and made us feel so comfortable and at ease on our wedding day. We will never be able to thank her enough for her amazing work.

Sent on 08/06/2018

Jordan · Married on 05/27/2018

I have been literally crying all morning from joy watching Sophia's videography she did for us. It is beautiful. The most beautiful video of my entire life. Not only was the videography so captivating she was also so friendly and personable. You could tell she loves doing what she does. She's a natural. Her energy made me feel extra happy during our wonderful but stressful time. We overworked her with doing our ceremony and reception but the videos came out perfect. So thank you for your hard work. Much love and aloha. -Jordan & Damien Alvarez

Sent on 06/09/2018

Jaewon · Married on 05/20/2018

Sophia was nothing short of amazing. My wife & I decided to find a Videographer for our wedding and we decided to go with Sophia Roud through our photographer. He told us about her and knowing that our photographer's work was amazing. We couldn't have been more excited to find out about our Videographer!

The day of our wedding it was quite amazing. We didn't get the chance to see Sophia at all. It was like she worked from the shadows but we would catch a glimpse of her on occasions and very rarely did we ever feel like we were intruded on. It was unbelievable as most photographers & videographers need to get up right in your face to get the best shots possible. Not Sophia. Sophia was UNBELIEVABLE. It was absolutely amazing how the video turned out to be and knowing that she got some amazing shots just made it all the better. After we received our video the wife and I were talking together trying to figure out where Sophia was during that 8 hours of time we booked her for.

Not only was she able to hide away and keep herself constantly videotaping our wedding. But she seemed to be able to catch the love, joy, and happiness that was permeating that day. I couldn't recommend her more. If you want someone who you know will catch the best of your beautiful loved one and yourself. Catch the emotions and moments that you knew were special to you at that exact moment. A videographer who was very steady and amazing at keeping herself very professional but extremely friendly.

I couldn't have asked for someone better.

Thank you again, Sophia, from my wife & I.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Noemi · Married on 05/19/2018

Sophia is very talented. It’s easy to see her passion for art and beauty. We were very fortunate to work with Sophia for our wedding. She did an amazing job at capturing moments that’ll last forever! I’m in love with her work and still amazed with the final product. Also, she sent us a customized flash drive and personalized it with sweets! She is so amazing and sweet. Great to work with!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Cage · Married on 05/16/2018

Our experience with Sophia was nothing short of amazing. Even when planning from overseas, she was quick to respond to any questions we had. She was so helpful in making up a package that specifically fit our needs for our wedding day. Sophia was so friendly and easy to be around on the big day! She made sure to make everyone feel super comfortable. The end product was unbelievable. The wedding video she created captured our special day so perfectly. Her style is unique and artistic, and she’s able to make you feel exactly the way you felt on that day while watching the video. All of our friends and family LOVED it. I had many people ask me where to get a hold of Sophia. I also made sure to tell my wedding coordinator to recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding videographer!!

Sent on 09/06/2018