Sonya Yruel Photography Reviews

Sonya Yruel Photography 7
  • Faten

Faten Koury · Married on 08/04/2018

Amazing picture

Sonya took the most mesmerizing photos of our special day and I could not be happier With the outcome. She was able to capture those special moments that I will be able to remember forever. I also had an album made. The best. Thank you Sonya

Sent on 11/20/2018

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Faten and Brett! Your wedding was full of love and laughter, and those are my favorite moments to photograph!

Lauren · Married on 02/09/2018

Sonya captured some amazing moments of our very special day and made us feel comfortable at the same time. My husband very much dislikes taking posed photos but Sonya was able to make him feel relaxed and have a good time that day. She had a way of getting our personalities to come through in the photos very clearly, now the only problem we have is choosing which ones we want to frame!

Sonya Yruel Photography 8

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Lauren and Nate! It was such a special day; I love that you had an intimate elopement. Dana as the flower girl was so perfect too!

Triciagarcia · Married on 01/18/2018

Highly recommend for wedding

Sonya was able to photograph our elopement with short notice, calm, & professionalism.
    We felt so comfortable with her & love our wedding day photos!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Tricia for the such a sweet review! It was a pleasure to meet you and your family, and be your photographer.

Judy L · Married on 01/14/2018

Amazing Photographer!

We LOVE our wedding photos! Sonya really captured the best moments at our wedding and we enjoyed working with her.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Judy and David! You had a beautiful and heartfelt wedding and it was a pleasure to be your photographer.

Joann · Married on 10/08/2017

Sonya is a very talented photographer who has a great eye for details. She was our first choice as our wedding photographer after seeing her work with my sister-in-law's wedding. My sister-in-law is also a photographer, so knowing that she trusted Sonya's talent for her wedding was the highest recommendation. Sonya's photographic style is artistic, candid and personal. She was very professional and flexible to our needs. We had our wedding in New Jersey, so instead of shooting our engagement photos, she shot our rehearsal dinner and bridal luncheon instead. The photos were BEAUTIFUL and she gave us sneak peaks here and there before we got all the photos. She also makes a slideshow of your photos when she is done. She is very highly recommended!

Sonya Yruel Photography 9
    Sonya Yruel Photography 10
    Sonya Yruel Photography 11
    Sonya Yruel Photography 12

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Jayvee and Jonathan! You planned a gorgeous and fun weekend and I was lucky to be a part of it as your photographer.

Laura · Married on 09/26/2017

Sonya is absolutely amazing and professional. Having her services on the day of our elopement, made the day. She was able to put my husband and me at such ease, so that we weren't stiff in front of the camera or felt that we were posing. It was relaxed and comfortable. She made the day so fun, so that it was just really easy and flowed. She is so creative with her ideas on where to take the photos and suggestions on what would be great shots for stunning pictures to show family and friends. Her professionalism is un-paralleled and the quality of the photos and video was fantastic. We were able to take her photos and show our families and it was as if they had spent the day with us. She was able to tell a complete story of our day just with pictures. She captured every moment and many candid pictures that we will treasure forever. Our photos from Sonya captured moments we were unaware of and created wonderful surprises for my husband and myself. The photos hold a stunning beauty and evoke feeling that I can't describe. She is wonderful and we are so happy that we had Sonya help us documents all the moments through pictures with her eye for beauty. They say, " A picture is worth a thousand words". It's true. Her pictures tell a story without words. Let her capture your moments and tell your story.

If you are looking for a top notch photographer that puts you at ease, is very professional, yet creative. There is no need to look further. We will go to Sonya for all our professional photography needs. She has gained customers for life. Absolutely wonderful.

Sonya Yruel Photography 13
    Sonya Yruel Photography 14
    Sonya Yruel Photography 15
    Sonya Yruel Photography 16
    Sonya Yruel Photography 17
    Sonya Yruel Photography 18

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Laura; you are so sweet. I loved meeting Nick and traveling around with you both that day for your elopement adventure! I can't believe a year has passed already!

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

Sonya is amazing and such a joy to work with. I looked at many wedding photographers and I ultimately chose Sonya not just because her work was beautiful, but she captured emotion in candid shots so perfectly. That was my favorite part of our pictures. They weren't just stagnant wedding pictures. They made you feel like you were there by looking at them and experiencing what everyone was feeling. She has an artistic eye and coaches you through the shoots (which I personally think is great because you need someone to tell you where to stand or how to turn your body so you get the best result). She is also such a nice person and makes you feel very comfortable. I can't say enough nice things about Sonya. A photographer with heart, enough said.

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Your wedding was a snowy mountaintop dream! Thanks for having me there to photograph such a beautiful day. I am so happy for you and Scott. Many thanks for your sweet words!

Carter · Married on 04/22/2016

Sonya was amazing, she photographed our engagement and our Indian wedding ceremony. Even without being totally familiar with the parts of the ceremony, she captured all the pivotal moments beautifully. she is very intuitive and made us feel very comfortable. We loved the slide show she put together with the photos from our day, and sent it to our families who watch it on repeat. We can't recommend her enough, she is not only artistic, but a really nice person which made it so much easier. She was also able to keep our rowdy families in-line for the group photos.

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

I'll never forget your proposal to Saipriya! Thank you Carter, for your nice feedback. You wedding was so colorful, festive, and full of love.

Angelica · Married on 09/27/2015

So happy that we selected Sonya to photograph our wedding. Communicating with Sonya was a dream - prompt, courteous and understanding of what we wanted. She even went out of her way to capture a few blood moon eclipse photos after our brunch wedding ended. It's no surprise that weddings are stressful, especially for the bride and groom, but working with Sonya was great. Her assistant was fabulous as well. Professional, friendly and calm under pressure. Sonya has a natural way of capturing weddings and that's something that my husband and I wanted....not something forced or posed. Sonya was one of the best vendors at our wedding. Highly recommended!

Sonya Yruel Photography's reply:

Thank you Angelica and Brian! Your wedding was truly unique and represented the two of you! That Sunday Brunch was so fun and I loved your bright colors. Your first dance was also one of my most memorable!

Julia · Married on 08/23/2015

I highly recommend Sonya! She's professional, patient, sweet and takes great photos. Sonya photographed both our engagement photos and wedding photos. At first I felt awkward having my photos taken but she made both myself and my husband feel comfortable. The engagement shoot and having our photos taken at the wedding became a memorable and fun experience in itself.

Joanna · Married on 07/18/2015

Hiring Sonya for our July 2015 wedding was one of our best choices. From meeting her, signing the contract, doing our engagement session, communication leading up to the wedding, the day of, and seeing the wonderful photos, working with Sonya was so easy and comfortable each step of the way. My husband and I were so impressed with the quality of the photos, from the portraits to the candid shots. Sonya's photos are now my most cherished possession, and I can't thank her enough for her extraordinary work.

Ljubica · Married on 05/16/2015

Sonya came highly recommended from a photographer friend. We checked her website and loved her work! It was a great decision to go with Sonya--our Wedding Pictures are gorgeous!! Love them!! Sonya was very easy going and such a pleasure to work with. My family pictures turned out great! She was very patient in taking million of pics of our family and us! She made us all feel relaxed in front of cameras . I highly recommend Sonya !

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/09/2013

Sonya is a fantastic photographer! She is so personable and easy to work with. She really listens to your ideas and works with you to make sure your photos are flawless and exactly what you invisioned. I really enjoyed working with her- she answered all of my 1000s of questions, she responds very quickly and you can tell she really loves what she does! I highly recommend her!

Rena · Married on 09/28/2013

Wow! Sonya was amazing! My pictures are fantastic, she was a joy to work with, she was very professional and prompt. DO NOT SKIMP ON PHOTOGRAPHY!! You will regret it. We are so happy we went with her.
    Sonya is a rockstar and captured all the magical moments of the wedding. Any time I have a special event I will call her

Catherine · Married on 03/30/2013

Sonya is a wonderful wedding and portrait photographer. She is sensitive, creative and professional. She has an amazing sixth sense when it comes to anticipating what you need to feel comfortable. This makes the day easy so that you're happy and relaxed instead of worrying about how you look in the photos. Sonya's work is so lovely we used her for both our City Hall wedding and our formal wedding and reception in Monte Rio. Our photos were ready when she promised and she even created a slideshow that was a beautiful highlight of the day. If you choose, Sonya creates gorgeous albums of your day as well. I couldn't imagine anyone else playing such an important role in our big day. Thank you Sonya!!

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2012

When I first started looking for a wedding photographer I was so overwhelmed by the sheer volume of them out there. I spent hours sifting through yelp reviews, and then, when I saw the slideshows on Sonya's site, I knew. Sonya's photography is amazing.

I chose to go with Sonya because it felt as though the personalities of the couples she photographed really stood out from the pictures. In each of her slideshows, I felt as though I were a guest at the weddings. They just made me feel good!

I asked a friend to visit her site and look at the slideshows, and my friend's response after seeing them was, "Oh my God! I want to get married now! You have to get her. She is the one!"

Sonya did an engagement session for us and photographed our wedding. I tend to be uncomfortable in front of cameras, and do not consider myself photogenic, but you would never know from the pictures she took! Sonya is so personable that she made us feel at ease in front of the camera. Our photo session felt like we were hanging out with a good friend.

Everybody in our wedding party really liked Sonya, and were happy to work with her. And when it came time to photograph my huge family (over 100 people), Sonya was extremely patient and understanding.

I highly recommend Sonya; she is an amazing photographer, and you will love your pics!

Tira · Married on 08/13/2011

Sonya was amazing, hands down! We LOVE our photos and our entire wedding experience was much better, dare I say even more magical, because of her. She took control of the room when she needed to, but mostly stood back and captured great moments of our day. She even gave me great tips before the wedding, things that I remember until now, 5 years later. For example, she told me to turn around and look back at our guests after the recession of the ceremony. I remember that vividly, seeing all the happy faces of the people we love. It was magical for me, and also a great photo opp.

Sonya is the full package wedding photographer, an artist with experience, and also a ninja finding creative ways to take a photo. Working with Sonya was a 5 star experience from the very beginning, and since then, we have worked with her to capture our family's life moments. Highly recommended!

Bojana · event on: 03/11/2016

Sonya photographed my family two times so far and it was natural for me to hire her to photograph my son's birthday party as well. She is so easy going and so talented. It was a very easy process from booking to the time when we received our beautiful gallery. She is very professional and great at what she does. Everyone loved images and I will be hiring her in the future.