Sonja K Photography Reviews

16 Reviews for Sonja K Photography

• Jessica

Jessica Mulford · Married on 10/04/2018

Truly Remarkable

Absolutely the best experience! I can't speak highly enough of the kindness, attention to special moments, fun to work with, and not to mention the stunning outcome of the pictures. Over the moon with everything, I highly recommend Sonja K. Photography!

Rachel · Married on 08/04/2017

We absolutely loved having Sonja and Max shoot our completly non-traditional wedding. We didn’t follow any of the wedding rules and just wanted our family and friends to have a great day. They were meeting for the first time the day of the wedding and we were pretty nervous. Sonja made us feel so comfortable. Her energy was exactly what we needed on our big day. She was calm and goofy and fun and she made us feel great! None of the photos were staged with awkward poses. We loved the natural, candid style that she shot in. She was able to portray some pretty special and intimate moments in a beautifully artistic way.

Everything felt so natural and she was excited with every shot she got which made us feel great that our pictures were coming out so fantastic- which they did!! She made us feel really special about the way our day was being captured on film.

At the end of the night we asked Sonja and Max to put their gear down and party with us. They were so much an important and wonderful part of our big day. We are so thankful we found them! I would HIGHLY recommend Sonja and Max for any shoot. They are very talented professionals that feel more like friends than hired photographers!

Heather · Married on 11/02/2016

Sonja is one of the most beautiful and talented human beings I've come to know. Learning about her photography business and seeing her work I was very impressed... but what impressed me even more was her ability to connect and make me feel safe and completely myself when we interacted. She has the rare ability to be goofy, kind, humble, passionate, and down-to-earth all at once. What I love about her is how she is totally cool with who she is and that translates into her work. When she does photography shoots for me, we have so much fun! She is professional, yet she makes me laugh like no one else! And her work is exceptional. She has the creative eye you'd expect from a photographer and then she takes it to a whole other level of awesomeness. And have you seen her weddings?!? Any couple looking for a photographer to document their wedding day would be in the best hands with Sonja! She takes the stress out of photography and gets all the details just right. She is absolutely worth the investment! Hiring Sonja is one of the best decisions I have made. She recently made an amazing video to document my skincare company and it exceeded my expectations! You will adore her!

Julie · Married on 09/30/2016

Sonja is amazing! She is super personable and funny and takes all of the stress out of wedding planning. On our wedding day, she was organized and professional and not "in your face" like some wedding photographers. Our photos turned out amazing and we have received tons of compliments on the quality. Couldn't be happier to have worked with her!

Alex · Married on 08/06/2016

We couldn't be happier with our choice of Sonja and Max as our wedding photographers! Even though they are based in Fort Collins, Sonja was flexible and able to meet us closer to where we live in Denver and on Skype and they have some online tools to make the planning process easy. Sonja and Max were great to work with the day of the wedding and gave us some good tips beforehand to make certain parts (like the family formals) go smoothly. We thrilled with how our photos turned out and highly recommend!

Dana · Married on 05/22/2016

Sonja and her husband Max are not only brilliant photographers but they are also incredibly fun, flexible, and professional to work with. And they were willing to travel to shoot our wedding. Just having them at our wedding made everything run more smoothly and our entire wedding party and guests really enjoyed working with them and getting to know them. And our photos turned out better than we ever could have imagined.

We were incredibly lucky to have Sonja as our photographer this fall. She has an amazing eye for detail, and her fun attitude made it so easy to relax and be candid. I had a great time and the pictures turned out beautifully! Would work with her again in heartbeat!

Jillian · Married on 09/19/2015

Sonja, is a fantastic artist, and you will see that from her work. When looking for a wedding photographer, it was the most exhausting task when planning for a wedding, mostly because you want to make sure you find the right one. When I stumbled upon Sonja's work, I was just blown away on how well she captured the beauty of individuals and how she took a place and transformed it into a magical place. Working with Sonja was enjoyable. She is genuine, and makes you feel comfortable. In addition she makes sure she truly understands your expectations by asking the right questions and giving you insight on her ideas. I highly recommend her, for your special occasion, family photo, or just because photos. You will undoubtedly be satisfied with the quality of her work.

Carrie · Married on 06/27/2015

Sonja was amazing. As an artist myself, I was VERY particular when it came to our wedding photographer. I was really looking for someone that could capture moments and emotions, subtle details and the big picture. I wanted lots of candid shots and few posed photos. I wanted my photographer to be making art, not just shooting my wedding. Because let's face it, when the day is over and all the chaos subsides, the photos are how you remember your wedding day. Sonja's style was exactly what I was looking for. Her photos are beautiful, no matter the subject. She plays with focus and depth of field magically. She captured the laughter, tears, celebration and tender moments of our entire wedding day, start to finish. She's got a special eye for light. She uses it to her advantage and makes the magic light happen when the time is right! Her eye for the tiny details makes all the difference. Her composition, cropping, focus and color choices give her photos a look all their own. They're atmospheric, they're moving, they're breathtaking, they're real.
    One of the nicest people you'll ever meet, Sonja is a delight to work with. She was very responsive during the planning phase and our wedding day. Always helpful, she exceeded my expectations, always thinking of things I'd forgotten in the excitement of the moment.
    I look forward to an opportunity to work with her again. I highly recommend Sonja!

Cale · Married on 03/20/2015

A friend of mine recommended Sonja K Photography to me. I am so glad I listened and reached out to her. Sonja's warm personality helped me relax and enjoy my day. Her keen eye found beauty in everyone she took a photograph of. I am glad I found her and would recommend her to anyone wanting high quality pictures. I can't imagine anything other then the amazing photos we received. I would happily utilize Sonja K Photography in the future!!

Rachel · Married on 08/16/2014

My husband and I chose Sonja Kruger as our photographer for both our Engagement Photos and our Wedding Photos and we couldnt have been more pleased! From the very start, Sonja was easy to work with, responsive and fun to be around! Our engagement session ended up being cold and windy, but you never would have known from the pictures! She had some amazing spots picked out for us around Fort Collins and the pictures turned out perfect. Within minutes of working with her, we both felt comfortable and ended up having a blast that day! Sonja was prompt in getting us the engagement photos and we were so excited to work with her on our wedding day! Leading up to the wedding, Sonja emailed me regularly and made sure she had all the details for the big day! The day of, both her and her husband assisted in taking pictures. We had planned for her husband to only stay an hour or so, to photograph the groom and groomsmen, but he ended up staying for several hours and was even able to help photograph the ceremony! This was a HUGE help, and we appreciated this more than I can say. My entire family and wedding party LOVED Sonja and she couldnt have been more friendly or fun during my big day. She was a pleasure to have around and really helped put me at ease right before the ceremony when I started to get nervous! There was not a single picture she missed or that didnt turn out perfect and she was so professional throughout the entire day. My husband and I are thrilled with how the pictures turned out. It's hard to find a wedding vendor that is dependable, polite, prompt reasonably priced and easy to work with, but Sonja has it all! I would recommend her to anyone and everyone looking for an amazing photographer!

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2014

Sonja K Photography did our engagement photos. Sonja is very professional! She is also very easy going, which made posing for the photos so easy. She's so fun to work with! We had our photos very quickly and were so happy with the results! Her style is very modern and unique. Would highly recommend her for any of your wedding photography needs! I have also used her services for boudoir and pet portraits. Both have been amazing!! I have found my photographer!

Bailey · Married on 11/02/2013

Sonja is amazing. Sonja photographed our engagement pictures, wedding, and family portraits and we will keep going back to her. She is really easy going and made us feel comfortable and relaxed during every shoot. She is also really responsive to your ideas and feedback about what you want. Sonja has a way of catching the exact mood you are going for in her pictures. I recommend Sonja to all of my friends and family.

Eric · Married on 11/02/2013

I had a great experience with Sonja at my wedding. She struck a good balance between the staged/posed photos and the candid photos. She had great ideas for shots that didn't make the staged photos feel forced or unnatural. But she also let our wedding unfold naturally, instead of telling us what to do or where to be all night. And then when we got the photos back (in a timely matter), we were in love with them. She took some of the best photos of us, our friends, and family that we ever had. I couldn't have been happier, and I've hired her for a couple other non-wedding shoots since!

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2012

First off, THANK YOU SONJA! My husband and I were lucky and blessed to have Sonja as our wedding photographer! Not only is Sonja an amazing person but she had this energy about her that just makes the day even more special! I remember she was in my bridal suite as I was getting ready and her presence kept making me more and more exciting to walk down the aisle and tie the know with my better half! It’s easy to plan and have ideas about the kind of photos you want taken on your wedding day, but being swept up in all the emotion, I forgot! But Sonja caught captured those moments and so much more! She had great ideas for posing and made everything we did romantic and fun! ♥ Sonja was there from beginning to end of our wedding and we can’t thank her enough for everything! Sonja was able to get us our photos within a few weeks and we love/treasure them! Love was in the air the day we got married and Sonja captured all of it! Thank you Sonja! We can’t wait to do more in the future!
    ♥ Love, Mr. & Mrs. Cruz

Fun, professional, affordable, AMAZING photos. Sonja did everything right and I would hire her again in a second! We had indoor & outdoor venues, and Sonja adapted to changes of scenery & lighting perfectly. Gave great direction and helped us look our best!