Sonic River Productions Reviews

12 | Raleigh, NC

12 Reviews for Sonic River Productions

Alex · Married on 03/24/2018

Amazing job. Played exactly what we wanted based on the survey and was extremely flexible when we had to flip around some setup due to rain and other complications.

Christina · Married on 09/25/2015

Sonic River Productions did a great job DJing our wedding reception for 200 guests at The Cotton Room in Durham! My husband and I were both thrilled with Sam's professionalism, value, and great music selections that kept people out on the dance floor all night. He was very easy to work with, and we would strongly recommend Sam as a DJ any small or large event!

Haley · Married on 05/16/2015

Sam made my husband and I's wedding such a fun occasion! He got everyone dancing despite it being a hot outdoor reception too!

He met with my husband and I before the wedding to plan the music and maintained excellent correspondence throughout the engagement via email. I felt so confident about his abilities after meeting with him and seeing his professionalism that I did not stress about the music at all once it was in his hands. I even added several things last minute and Sam adjusted accordingly. I cannot say enough good things about Sam and his DJ services. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a DJ for any event!!

Sam was great! He was extremely prompt in returning my emails and answering questions about the contract and music. He was on time, professional, and helped me our wedding beautiful. It was nice to not have to worry about anything regarding the sound system and music during our reception. Sam was also very helpful in helping navigate the musical selections and options. Would use again!

Tim · Married on 11/01/2013

I would absolutely recommend Sam to anyone who needs a DJ. He is very professional and a delight to have worked with. He is very affordable and a steal for the quality of work.

Amanda · Married on 06/26/2010

I compiled a list of songs that I wanted as well as some memorable songs that I knew older family members would appreciate and Sam played them all just as I requested! :)

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2016

Do it! They helped supply a great reception atmosphere at fair price.

He was a great DJ and super easy to work with! He allowed me to customize a package and worked perfectly for our wedding!

Kayti · Married on 11/10/2007

4.2
      3.0

Sam provided music for our ceremony and our reception. He did fantastic considering it was his first wedding. The music sounded great. He has good equipment and really stuck to our song list which was fabulous!

Our only problem with him was that he showed up extremely late. He finally made it during the hour before the ceremony began. He traveled about 3 and a half hours to get there so I'm not sure he timed it very well.

He was a great buy for our money though!

rachel · Married on 04/23/2016

2.5

Sam did a really great job with our wedding. All the audio went without a hitch and the ceremony went so smoothly. :)

The reception went fairly well. Again, the audio was perfect. We did have some issues with where to have him set up his equipment as space was very limited in the reception room. We also felt like the Playlist could have been more versatile as my husband noticed the same artist being played three songs in a row. These were just minor issues, but we were over all very pleased with Sam and his services. He agreed to do our reception last minute as we had issues with our DJ we had hired for the reception. Sam is very professional, prompt, and he truly wanted to make everything perfect for our wedding.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Sonic River Productions's reply:

Rachel, Sorry to hear about the playlist issue, not sure how that happened as it is always my policy not to play multiple songs by the same artist back to back. My mistake. Glad everything else was to your liking though. It was a beautiful wedding and reception and it was fun to be a part of it! -Sam

Lorin · Married on 01/21/2017

He was very attentive and did exactly what we asked of him. He kept to the schedule that we provided him, making the reception run very smoothly. I would definitely recommend doing the lighting package for the dance floor.

3.5

Great work, helped keep the fun but not-too-informal vibe we wanted.