Something New Media Reviews

1 User photo

Something New Media 1

Michael Crook · Married on 01/12/2019

Excellent Photography

Devin was fantastic to work with. Exactly the type of guy you want leading your wedding. From the first time we met him, you could tell he had a bravado about him that made him a natural leader for the ceremony. His work was fantastic, he kept everyone on track throughout the wedding, and he generally made the day much easier for the two of us. On top of all that, he was very affordable in comparison to other photographers we looked at. I cannot recommend him enough. He and his team did fantastic work.

Alaina Compton · Married on 11/03/2018

Beyond Worth It

Vivienne was so easy to work with to get all the information and our vision for what we wanted. We were a little on the fence about having a videographer, but we are so happy we did! Our highlight reel was beyond anything we could have ever dreamed of. Working with the guys the day of our wedding was so easy too. No one ever felt like these two people with their cameras were in the way, and they were literally the nicest guys. Pricing was wayyy better with Something New Media, and we definitely got more in our package with our price than what other vendors were quoting us. We are so happy!

Angie · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything was perfect!

Something New Media is very affordable and were very professional! Our video turned out so amazingly, and when I asked if they could make a small modification to our highlight film, they said no problem and the very next day had made the adjustment! Everyone that we had dealt with in the company were very friendly, knowledgeable, and responded very quickly to all of my questions. On the day of our wedding the videographer and our photographer were seamlessly working together and they both made us feel comfortable and relaxed!

Holly · Married on 09/01/2018

Fantastic group to work with!

I am so happy I went with this service.
    I wanted a video and had a vision of what it would look like. They met all of my expectations.
    Day of: my videographer felt like a family member. He was never intrusive or made us do anything weird. I wanted someone who truly captured the essence of our family and of our day and it was nailed!

I also learned they are a female owned and operated business!!!!!!!!

Cathy · Married on 08/04/2018

Something New Media has been a dream come true. I am so thrilled that we decided to choose them! From inquiry to receiving my film, they made it easy and personable for my husband and I. I first want to thank Vivienne for talking me into choosing a bigger package than I was originally going to pick. I even now wish I had added on a few more hours to the end of my night. My videographer was so nice and professional. We barely even noticed him! When I spoke to Kendyl, who scheduled our videographer, about everything I wanted in my video, she had a great understanding of the style I was requesting and made sure we were satisfied with the music and the clips they used in the film. The girls there really made an effort to get to know me and check in on me before and after the wedding even when they didn't have to. If you are wondering whether or not you should get video for your wedding..the answer is YES. Don't make the same mistake I almost made. This company will not disappoint.

Brandon · Married on 07/07/2018

Choosing Something New Media, Sabrina and her team was by far the best decision we made for our wedding. Sabrina and Vivienne were always this calm reassuring voice that exuded experience like they had seen and heard everything we wanted and were doing thousands of times before, yet both took the time and were so genuine to make my wife and I feel as though our day was the only day and the only wedding they cared about. Both held our hand through the entire process from the day we decided on them through our wedding day, and then following up a month after with our beautifully edited film. They captured our day, our story, and our dream exactly as we had hoped. They managed to do this all while dealing with our share of changes, chaos and requests with nothing but professionalism. The videographers were timely and courteous the day of the wedding, coming early to introduce themselves, but staying out of the way and hidden during the ceremony, yet managing to capture all the special moments that continue to take our breath away weeks after the ceremony. My wife dreamed about our wedding since she was a child. I dreamed about our wedding since the day I met her. We can now both relive our wedding everyday the rest of our lives thanks to Something New Media!!
    O yeah, highly recommend the next week social media trailer! Worth every penny..

Catrina · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Something New Media for our videographer for our wedding and we are SO happy with them! They were quick to respond to any of my emails prior to the wedding, arrived on time and captured every moment we asked them to do! They managed to get everything on film while staying out of the photographers way so he could take our pictures as well. They were extremely kind and professional- we cannot wait to see the video!!! Thank you again!!!

melissa · Married on 04/28/2018

From start to finish, Something New was incredible! To begin, I had a few calls with other videographers who were SO salesy. For my wedding, I wans't feeling it. I wanted someone who I could relate to, who knew my vision, and who could capture our special day. Not only did Something New understand me, but the videographer (Tyler), was AMAZING!! I have to say this, because it's a bonus in my eyes, my mom didn't even notice he was there! He captured ever single moment, was calm and easy to work with, and seriously didn't miss a beat. LOVED him. Let's also talk about how I received a sample video within 1 week of our wedding and our actual footage was to die for. I cried! The quality is amazing and the team is even better. I can't recommend them enough!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Something New Media's reply:

Thanks so much for reviewing us Melissa! We're so happy for you + Jesse and we wish you a hundred years of love & happiness. (p.s. The way Jesse's eyes light up when he sees you for the first look is the exact reason we are in this business.) -Your Something New Team

Sandra · Married on 04/15/2018

I chose Something New Media after seeing my friend's wedding video produced by them. Despite the package being over our budget, this was one thing I did not want to compromise on. I am so glad we made that decision because I am seriously so in love with our wedding video. The whole team has been nothing but amazing throughout the whole process and were so accommodating. Our videographers made us feel so comfortable and were easy to work with. From the time we signed the contract to the delivery of our films, the service was amazing. Something New Media, thank you for capturing our wedding day and those memories that will last a lifetime. Special thanks to Kendyl, Vivienne, Conner, and Tyler.

• Catarina

Catarina Day · Married on 03/17/2018

Nothing short of amazing!

I was really hesitant about spending the money on both photo AND video however I wish now that I would have spent more on our video. The team of professionals at Something New was exactly what I didn't know I needed. The video makes me cry every time I watch it, my father unexpectedly passed away right after the wedding and to have the opportunity to hear my dad's speech again gives me goosebumps every time. I cannot thank this company enough for giving me these moments back. The pictures are beautiful and I'd recommend my photographer any day, but the video. The video is priceless and I only wish I would have gotten more coverage. My husband said afterwards, you only hire a professional videographer once in your life, this is the event to do it at. Ladies of Something New, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Traci · Married on 10/14/2017

If you are reading this and still thinking about adding video - just do it! If you are reading this trying to decide between video companies, stop looking! Yesterday, we got the trailer for my daughter's wedding on last Saturday, and we were blown away - seriously, it's not a video. It's a film, like what you would see in the theater to preview an upcoming attraction. Cue up the tears and pass the tissues.

Joe Ryan arrived early and battled the historic rain (most rainfall since they starting keeping records) side by side with us. He reassured us multiple times that we had this, that the film would be great - to just stop worrying and enjoy ourselves. He's great fun and kept things moving along! Robert Gaona joined us at our first outdoor shoot under a bridge (we were determined to take outdoor shots and had our umbrellas, rain boots, and clear plastic tarps) and he walked up and started working. These guys are pros!

When we started the wedding planning process, we had prioritized a wedding video. While photos are great - I realized that after 28 years of marriage, we didn't have any displayed in our home. We store memories as images and moving images are best. We love watching our wedding video because many of the people in it are no longer with us, including my father and my husband's parents. To watch them enjoy one of the happiest days in our lives is an amazing gift.

Of special note: during the ceremony we had what can only be described as a once in a lifetime moment. It involved a loud clap of thunder and the groom's reaction: it's forever captured on film. Do what you must to reallocate your budget and hire Something New Media to immortalize your day.

Alyssa · Married on 10/14/2017

Something New Media was incredible to work with from the start! We had many phone conversations and with each one I could tell that they only had my best interest at heart. They asked many questions to make sure what Tyler and I wanted captured most in our video would be there ! The day of, our videographers stopped at nothing to get the perfect shots. It was pouring rain and that didn't stop them from capturing all of the moments of our day. We have seen our trailer and It's incredible! It brings me to tears and I had so many compliments from all I showed it to. We can't wait to see the whole video!! Thank you something new media!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Something New Media's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Alyssa! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and your family on this day - what an adventure! We're sooooo happy you love the trailer, and can't wait to show you the finished film!

Andrea · Married on 10/06/2017

We almost didn't hire a videographer. If any part of you kind of wants one, you absolutely should. I think a lot of people are afraid of what they might look like on film but the pros at Something New Media clearly know how to show your best self and the editing is top notch. Side note: bad editing can make good cinematography look amateur. It takes a team and they are very art focused which makes for a true film look. It's very evident in all facets of their business that they "Get. It". They aren't doing something that was popular 15 years ago, they know what's on trend now and their approach reflects that. It was also really easy to work with them on our exact package. They give you the info and explain things well without being pushy. You can add and change and that was key. They knew how to keep the experience really positive.

Our cinematographer Brandan was awesome. He gave a little direction to make sure we looked good and was a fantastic fly on the wall capturing the moments behind the photographer. He did a great job getting some Chicago B roll that we were totally unaware of at the time. He was also helpful behind the scenes when certain cords weren't working with our own equipment for music. He didn't have to help but he did.

We had a phone meeting before our wedding to discuss our wishes and top moments and details to focus on. This was great because Brandan was clearly briefed. I made my own wedding dress and wanted to be sure I had some detail shots. Of course I wasn't thinking of that day of, but he stopped me and made sure to capture it.

I worked with Katie on the editing and I am beyond grateful for all her creative efforts. She's really talented at piecing clips together and placing the audio. I had a lot of requests and she was so pleasant and wonderful to work with the whole time.
    She was able to make adjustments where I wanted and made our vision a reality.

We're thrilled! Thank you Something New Media.

Something New Media 2

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2017

I can't say enough great things about Something New Media and the videographer James Kelley that filmed our wedding. I was married recently on September 22 at The Windmill Winery. The company was awesome at explaining each step to my husband and I and once we were assigned a videographer, James was very responsive. He was punctual, friendly, and we all barely knew he was there. Our wedding film came out better than we could ever hope for and it is a memory we will cherish forever. If you are looking for an amazing videographer at a reasonable price, I would HIGHLY recommend Something New Media, and if you can, have James film your wedding!

Charlyn · Married on 07/22/2017

I almost didn't have a videographer, until an email for Something New caught my eye. Everyone was so thorough. They made sure they had our Big Day schedule and noted any major moments we wanted. Samantha and Katie were great long distance coordinators. Mike was amazing on the big day and worked seamlessly with our photographer. Our video was perfectly blended. So sweet, emotional, and funny. Top notch work.

Myra · Married on 06/24/2017

James and his team did a great job for our Wedding! They really listened to our needs and knew how to make sure that we were not rushed that evening!

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE our video!!! Everything turned out beautiful!

Sent on 07/08/2017

Something New Media's reply:

Nicole! Thank you so much for the kind words - it was a privilege to work on your special day!

Lindsey · Married on 05/27/2017

I couldn't be happier to give a RAVE review for this team. We had a small wedding in Chicago, and from day one I felt that Something New Media was going to be wonderful to work with.

Quality of Service - I was blown away by SNM's work, as were my friends and family. There were only 5 of us at the wedding, so it was important to me that we captured the day in order to share it with the rest of the people in our lives. Everyone who has seen our video and photos says they truly felt like they were there that day. Devin and Ryan caught the true essence of who we are as a couple. We've watched our video over and over, and can't stop looking at our photos; makes us cry every time we do!

Responsiveness and Professionalism - I'm looping these two together because all of my quick and easy communication with SNM was not only professional, but so friendly and comfortable. They asked us lots of questions so they could understand what we specifically wanted to capture, and were genuinely excited to work with us.

Value - Any couple knows how expensive wedding photos and videos can be. When I was searching for my vendors, I found myself frustrated by the price vs quality. I could get a really cheap photographer and videographer, but it was clear that the final product wouldn't be as nice as I wanted it to be. Then I found SNM. I feel that they are EXTREMELY fair in their pricing, and the work does not suffer because of it. Thank you SNM for being so great regarding Value!

Flexibility - Ryan and Devin were so flexible with us and our schedule. They even offered to stay a bit longer in case we needed any other shots. They were just so easy to work with and so go with the flow.

I can't say enough wonderful things - you made our day so incredible special. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Something New Media's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Lindsey! We really appreciate it! It was such a pleasure to work with both of you as well!!!

lindsey · Married on 05/13/2017

We are SO happy we had Something New Media as our videographers. They were so quick to respond during all communications before our special day and were so accommodating the day-of the event. They have multiple packages and choices on what type of coverage you would like. I did not use them for photography services as I already had a photographer, but they worked together seamlessly throughout the day. They captured everything so beautifully and I Highly recommend them!! Thank you!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Something New Media's reply:

Hi LIndsey! We're so happy you feel that way! We loved working in your film, and are so glad we were a part of your big day! Thank you so much for the kind words!

Kelsey · Married on 05/13/2017

Working with the team at something New Media was an overall great experience. Our next day wedding trailer absolutely blew us away, what a terrific way to get an instant recap of your wedding day, as I’m sure many brides agree it’s a whirlwind of a day and hard to remember every detail. We were so pleased with our full length video as well. My husband and I were originally worried about shooting the individual wedding day interviews as we thought we’d be too rushed for time or not say the right thing. I am so glad that the team reassured me it would be amazing. And it was! Literally the best part of our video was watching our interviews. I cry every time I rewatch them, which happens to be very often. :) Thank you so much!

Meaghan · Married on 05/07/2017

We ended up choosing Something New Media to be the videographer for our big day due to the reviews of other couples and the amazing footage we saw on The Knot. We absolutely loved the work we saw. The communication up to the day of was great - the response time was quick and all of our questions were answered. A couple months prior to wedding day I had an hour long talk about the ends and outs of wedding day and what we wished the focus to be of our video. The talk was thorough and I felt good about entrusting them with our big day. On the day of our videographer was so much fun... he worked well with my other vendors and was hardly seen. He was never in the way yet still got all of the most perfect footage. After receiving our video back - we did find a couple of things that we wanted to change (only for personal preference - nothing quality wise needed to be updated). We were very specific in our changes and every single one on our list was accommodated within a matter of days we had our video back with the edits and we could not be happier with the final product. We will get to relive our day for years to come. Thank you Something New.

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

I could not have asked for a better experience with Something New Media. From the very beginning, they catered to our needs and made sure we picked the right package within our budget. They were very flexible when I had changes to the timeline. Our two cinematographers for the day were the BEST! They fit right in with our group and made the experience that much better. It rained the ENTIRE day and they rolled with the punches and made suggestions for possible outdoor places to go. It turned what could have been disastrous in to something fun.

We received our video before they estimated (always a plus!). I had a few changes and they made them immediately. The heirloom wooden container that we received as a part of the package was absolutely beautiful. Thank you to the entire team for your work!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Something New Media's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Emily! It was our pleasure to make your wedding film!!!

Karina · Married on 04/23/2017

We are so incredibly blown away by how amazing our wedding film came out. We knew how great they were, but to see our own video, it totally surpassed our expectation. Everyone that we worked with during this process were extremely professional. They knew the exact questions to ask and definitely releaved some stress for me during the wedding planning process. Look no further because these are the kind of people that you want to work with on the most important day of your lives :) #forevergrateful

Amanda · Married on 04/21/2017

We had such a good experience with Something New Media! They were very easy and fun to work with and they sent us our trailer just a few days after our wedding. We got to watch it on our honeymoon and we were laughing and crying and I probably watched it 20 times. We cannot wait to see all of our footage and we are so glad we got a videographer for our wedding. So much happens on your wedding day and you will want to capture the memories! Highly recommend Something New. Very professional and experienced!