Something Minted Photography Reviews

Something Minted Photography 5
Something Minted Photography 6
Something Minted Photography 7

Jeannette · Married on 06/08/2019

My favorite wedding vendor!!

I am so incredibly happy that I found Something Minted and then immediately hired Shelby to be my wedding photographer. Her photography skills are unparalleled. She produces beautiful, light, airy photographs that I will treasure forever. She is a true professional and has been so easy to work with. Her rates are extremely reasonable. In addition to all of that, Shelby is such a sweet and warm person. I feel so lucky to have her on my team. When I had random questions about my wedding venue, Shelby provided helpful advice based on her past experiences at that venue. She really goes above and beyond to make not only the wedding photos but also the entire planning process as stress-free as possible. I highly recommend Something Minted to everyone!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany Crosby · Married on 10/07/2018

Mt. Rainier Bride

When I started planning my wedding, I wanted to choose a location that would best create beautiful photographs. My husband and I talked about several locations and decided to try to make a location in beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park work for us. We took a weekend and drove through the park and selected a few different locations for the small, family only ceremony. Since we could not make reservations on a specific spot, we knew we were going to have to just wing it on the day of the wedding. We knew it would be easy to coordinate last minute plans with our families, however, coordinating such an up-in-the-air ceremony with the photographer was a little more stressful. Shelby took that stress and sent it on its way! Not only did she take photos of the wedding, but she also helped choose the perfect, and I mean perfect, location for the ceremony. We did not do a rehearsal, we only had a rough plan of how we were going to do the ceremony. Shelby took the chaos and embraced it. Without her, things would not have been so perfect. She also did her homework on her way to the ceremony location and scoped out the perfect spots for pictures afterwards. She was so much more to us that day than just a photographer. When the pictures came it, I was blown away by the way she took a rainy, cold, fall day in the mountains and made the moment look so warm and cozy. It was exactly what I wanted. Shelby truly listens to her clients and molds her work to meet their visions; and she is so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Brittany, working with you and Hunter and your families was more incredible than imagined! Thank you for trusting Something Minted on this day and for sharing such kind words about your experience! Know it was truly an honor; you brought beauty all in its own on that rainy fall day!

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2018

Shelby is awesome to work with and she makes you feel so comfortable! Her pictures are beautiful bright and airy just how we wanted them ! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Hiring Shelby to shoot our wedding and our engagement photos was one of the BEST decisions my now husband and I ever made! She went above and beyond the entire process – from helping us scout the perfect location for our engagement photos, to providing the most beautiful wedding photos I have ever seen! Shelby does a fantastic job of capturing all the small moments and details that will allow us to relive that special day every single time we look at them. Her attention to detail is phenomenal! I could go on and on, but I feel like my review does not do justice just how wonderful Shelby and her work truly is. I highly recommend Shelby and Something Minted Photography and will be using her in the future to capture more special moments as our family grows!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Rebecca · Married on 02/23/2018

Let me start off by saying, I’ve known Shelby for quite a while, about 12 years and she is one of my favorite people in the world. So let me give you a review of her work from someone who knows the photographer with some depth. I have been in the service industry for 13 years now and something I have learned is that, QUALITY work/service comes from someone who CARES truly about your happiness with their product/service. Shelby embodies this value with every ounce of her being because Shelby cares DEEPLY about people and her work and it is 100% evident in the finished product. From before I was ever engaged, Shelby was always going to be my wedding photographer. Shelby is not just good at her job, she has had the same education as other photographers have, however Shelby is GIFTED. She’s not just good at what she does, but this is hands down her calling. Her attention to detail and slight OCD nature were just added comforts to me knowing the job would be done with meticulous perfectionism. Honestly, I did not expect our pictures to turn out as marvelously as they did. Mainly because I am the worst at having my picture taken, ya I’m one of those people. I can look so awkward, uncomfortable and misshapen in a heartbeat, rendering any picture taken of me worthy of the trash pile. Shelby helped Tristan and I not only look like models, but she captured the emotions, all the ‘feels’, every moment I was so worried would get ‘missed’ were all captured, plus extra fun pictures I wasn’t expecting or prepared for. Shelby came up with all the locations for the photos and was spot on. She went and scouted out all the locations the day before and it couldn’t have gone better. After all, when you are capturing a once in a lifetime moment like your wedding, anniversary, graduation, newborn, who better to have at your side then someone you can call a friend, something Shelby makes every client feel and understand. Something Minted to be.

Sent on 03/27/2018
    Something Minted Photography 15
    Something Minted Photography 16
    Something Minted Photography 17

Morgan · Married on 10/07/2017

My time spent with Shelby was truly spirit lifting. Such a great person/photographer to work with! I felt so comfortable and she had the artistic eye to capture my most beautiful, natural self. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Janae · event on: 04/19/2014

Shelby truly is a joy to work with. She was very flexible with scheduling our shoot and she had tons of creative ideas for our session. It is obvious that she has a strong passion for photography, but even more so she has a passion for capturing the unique personalities of every client. She takes time to get to know each client beforehand in order to individualize each shoot. She made me feel very comfortable during our shoot, it was more like two friends walking around campus being silly with a camera.
    I LOVE the photos Shelby did for me. The natural lighting looked amazing and her editing was beautiful!! On top of all this, she got my images back to me in about a week.
    I have NO hesitation in recommending Shelby for any occasion; and I definitely will contact her for photos in the future.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Janae · Married on 08/19/2017

Right when we got engaged, I knew I wanted Shelby to do our photos and I'm so glad I did. Shelby is incredibly personable, she makes it easy to "be yourself" during the shoot. She does a great job of capturing natural light while also capturing candid moments. I have no hesitations in recommending Shelby/Something Minted Photography to all friends and family :)

Sent on 12/11/2016

Janae · Married on 08/19/2017

Even before I got engaged, I knew I wanted Shelby to do my wedding photos. She has such a talent for capturing raw emotion while also utilizing natural light for that perfect photo "glow". Shelby is so pleasant and easy to work with. Very experienced and organized to ensure all necessary photos were captured. I can't say enough great things about Shelby. I would refer anyone to her without hesitation. You are in good hands with Shelby and Something Minted Photography!!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Shelby comes highly recommended from us! We loved her from our first time meeting her and were only impressed from then on out! She is both extremely talented as well as someone you can trust to get back with you on any questions or concerns immediately. The kind of photographer you want for a stress free expirience! We adored both our engagements photos as well as our wedding photos, which captured us perfectly.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Cindy · Married on 07/22/2017

As mother of the groom living in a different state, I ordered prints and also asked for additional photos to be uploaded. Shelby was so accommodating and quickly responded. What a lovely experience!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2017

Shelby is a friend of mine, so I was very familiar with her beautiful work. Throughout the whole wedding experience she was very professional and patient! As anxious and excited as brides can get, and as stressful as a wedding day can turn out, she remains calm and collective and her work is beautiful! She makes you feel like your wedding is the most important one! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kim · Married on 07/01/2017

Having Something Minted Photography capture our engagement and wedding photos was one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process! Shelby not only made my husband and I feel comfortable, but the rest of the wedding party and family. Her calm demeanor enhanced our day!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Madison · Married on 08/14/2016

The photos turned out better than I could have imagined! Our personalities were really captured. Not only were the photos great, but Shelby is great to work with! She made the entire process feel laid back, stress free, and fun!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cristina · Married on 08/04/2016

Professional, kind and creative are just a few of the many words there are to describe Shelby and her business. My husband and I were absolutely floored at her professionalism in getting the contract out to us, having full disclosure and the communication was very punctual for our engagement and wedding day timeline.

She has a way of making you feel so important in those session moments and through snail mail and email. She surprises you with such sweetness when you don't see it coming! (You'll know what I mean once you book and have worked with her!) Her work truly looks like it came from a magazine - soft, light filled, natural, everything you want out of a photo kind of magazine. One of my favorite parts about shooting with Shelby is how she compliments you as the sessions moves. It keeps the mood light, the attention on you and your hubby, and really helps you get comfortable in being yourself because you know she genuinely loves what she's doing. Stunning work is to be expected from every photo taken by Something Minted!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Coty · Married on 07/16/2016

There are not enough nice things in the world to describe how wonderful it was to work with Shelby from Something Minted. Shelby was my favorite vendor from my entire wedding. She is quick to respond and personable and outgoing with guests to capture the best photos possible. She shot our engagement photos, our elopement photos, and our wedding photos. Everything I've received from Shelby to this point has been beyond my wildest expectations. Her soft romantic lighting makes everything look magical while still looking natural. I can't wait to find another situation where I can work with Shelby again.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Shelby, the lead photographer and owner of Something Minted Photography is wonderful to work with. She was extremely flexible, within the day that I emailed her for an inquiry, she replied and we had a day set to meet and talk that same week. So far, we have only had our engagement session with Shelby, but the pictures are beautiful and we could not be happier with everything. She had our full online album available to us within three days of the engagement shoot. I had to re-schedule the session at least once or twice but she was completely accommodating and made sure we got the session in just in time. She is extremely organized and professional and her genuinity made us feel totally comfortable. You can tell that she has a true passion and dedication to capturing special moments that will tell a story. She definitely has an eye for the art of photography and I feel confident that she will capture our wedding day just as beautifully as she did our engagement session. I am very happy that we are working with Shelby and I highly recommend her as a wedding photographer. I will be telling my friends and family about her too.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Molly · Married on 11/14/2015

I do not have enough words to describe how amazing Shelby and her team at Something Minted Photography are. Shelby was recommended as a wedding photographer through a friend who had previously seen Shelby's photographs, and I am so glad! Though her photographs are majestic, it is Shelby's sweet personality, professionalism and willingness to meet all our needs that truly gave us the best experience possible. I planned my Washington wedding 3,000 miles away from Florida, and Shelby was so understanding and accommodating to the difficulties that can come with long distance planning. She made being able to "check off" my photographer box such a breeze, and made sure to meet with me in person once I arrived back in the state to connect on a more personal level and hear more about what I truly wanted on the big day. I could not have found a better photographer to capture our fall wedding. It absolutely poured rain the day of our wedding, yet Shelby came prepared, with adorable clear umbrellas to capture some fun outdoor shots, as well as previously discovered covered areas so that we could take advantage of the natural outdoor light and be protected from the elements. We went in with a plan regarding what specific photos and what type of photos we would like on our day, yet when I thought of something on the spot or saw something occurring I wanted photographed she was easy going, and pleased to capture anything. Shelby's number one concern was always me, my groom, our wedding parties and family, and making sure that we were 1) comfortable, 2) having fun, and 3) she was capturing every special moment throughout the day. It is so important that everyone involved feels comfortable on your day to capture genuine shots, and our family members and friends repeatedly commented on how great Shelby and her second photographer Stefan were. Shelby will provide you with a great experience, and amazing high quality prints you will cherish forever. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Carole · Married on 09/12/2015

Shelby, with Something Minted Photography is probably one of the most professional and pleasant human beings I have had the pleasure of doing business with. She is extremely responsive, very detailed and very positive. She is the type of person you love being around and my husband and I feel so very grateful that she was able to do wedding photos for our small wedding. She was only with us for a short period, and still got a great deal of photos. All of which are stunningly beautiful. Her photos are so natural looking without a lot of photo shopping and editing at the same time, which is amazing. That's because she has a natural ability to capture beauty as it is. I will use Shelby any time I need a photographer and I HIGHLY recommend her services for any and everyone needing photography. She is simply wonderful!! I can't say enough nice things about her and her business.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Carole, thank you for your sincere review! Working with you and your family on your wedding day was a dream & I'm already looking forward to the next opportunity to work with you :) Cheers!

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

My Dreams came true when I came upon www.somethingminted.com. Scrolling through the pictures on the website, I fell in love. The posted pictures were so delicately soft, yet they still made such a huge impression. I had no clue on where Something Minted was or who it was, all I knew was; I finally found my photographer!
    All it took was a quick email and Ms. Shelby Schmidt (Owner and Lead Photographer) met with me at a coffee shop to discuss the big day. She was very organized, professional and extremely sweet. It was so important to her to get to know me a bit and really discuss my vision of how I wanted to remember my wedding day forever. (And even brought me the sweetest gift)
    I felt so comfortable with Shelby and her assistant. I knew that if everything on my wedding day went wrong, I would at least have the best photographer to make sure everything looked like it went right. All of our pictures turned out amazing. The day was totally captured and it looked even more classy, elegant and grand than I remembered it being.
    Truly, Shelby works seamlessly to get the best shots, most of the evening I didn’t even know they were there. Shelby is able to tell a story with one picture, many of the pictures brought me to tears because she knew what moment to capture, she never missed one. She is meticulous about making sure you look your best, making sure the lighting is just right, making sure awkward divorced families look like they get along, making sure the little ones stand still and actually give a precious smile, making sure…you get the point.
    I could ramble on and on, but getting to the point and purpose of this review; I could not be happier with Something Minted Photography, everything came out perfect. I am so blessed that I married the man of my dreams and now have the beautiful memories I will be able to share forever!
    -Happy Bride, Amanda Willard

Sent on 10/23/2015

Shayanna · Married on 07/25/2015

Shelby and her husband did an amazing job on our wedding day, making sure to capture every moment in the most elegant way! Her pricing was worth every minute she shared with us and the quality of the photos are everything I have dreamt of and more. She was even sweet enough to add in a few gifts for the morning of my wedding day and our baby girl that will be arriving soon. I would recommend her over and over again to anyone. She was hands down the best photographer I have ever worked with, and if you are looking for someone who captures everything and more on your wedding day than this is definitely the photographer for you. And on top of everything we got a cute flash drive full of over 1,000 photos that were captured on our day that are ours to keep forever. I have had so many compliments on how amazing our photos turned out, and I definitely could not be any happier with them! I hope to work with her again in the future :)

Sent on 08/28/2015

Ana · Married on 07/10/2015

Shelby and her team are absolutely incredible. Shelby provides more than gorgeous photos of your wedding day; she is integral to the whole wedding planning process. She is a photographer/wedding planner/counselor/ all wrapped into one and I couldn't be happier with her service.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words Ana, I loved being so much apart of your and Travis' big day :)

krystina · event on: 11/22/2014

Shelby is amazing! She loves to get to know her clients and I really appreciate that. We had coffee and talked about what I wanted before the engagement session. Outfits, about my fiancé, our love story, what I wanted from the photographs... The day of our session, we met at the perfect place for a fall theme and Shelby brought the perfect props based on what we talked about at our pre-session meeting! We are so happy with the pictures, I go through them everyday! Shelby isn't just a photographer making money. She builds friendships. This is how she takes amazing photos, because she takes the time to get to know you and capture exactly what you're lookig for. She's worth every penny and I plan on using her for my future life events! She'll be photographing our wedding (as my number one choice!) and I know that I won't be disappointed. She also designed our wedding invites and she worked with me to get exactly what I envisioned. Shelby captures your important life events and she'll get to know you. This is what you want. Promise you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/18/2014

Shelby was the nicest, most accommodating photographer at our wedding! We feel lucky to have her photographs to remind us of our special day.

Sent on 11/25/2014

Ryan · event on: 10/14/2013

Shelby is so sweet and professional and my husband and I had a great time with her shooting our engagement session! She was flexible with our schedule and very prompt on getting our pictures to us. Shelby is the one of the most encouraging and friendly persons I've ever met. I am so glad that her business is growing so swiftly!

Sent on 12/11/2014