Something Minted Photography Reviews

Something Minted Photography 4
Something Minted Photography 5
  • Olivia

Olivia Morman · Getting married on 05/07/2021

The most beautiful engagement and wedding photos!

Shelby and her team are the best photographers you can find. Something Minted Photography truly devotes themeselves to create and capture the most beautiful photos! Shelby is so kind and was a joy to work with, as well as her team. She helps to make the wedding day you envision come true. The photos my husband and I received will be something we will always cherish and look back on with the greatest of memories. They are captured in such a way that it feels like you're reliving those tender moments. If you're looking for soft photos that are full of light and love, Something Minted Photography is my recommendation. So very grateful for all of the work put towards making our wedding day so special!

Something Minted Photography 6
    Something Minted Photography 7
    Something Minted Photography 8
    Something Minted Photography 9
    Something Minted Photography 10
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Liv, you are the greatest cheerleader for my business and truly, one of the happiest people to work with :) I loved coming alongside you and Sam to document and help celebrate such a time! Just as grateful for you, Shelby
  • Gen

Gen Aguilar · Getting married on 08/10/2020

The perfect photography mentor!

I received the incredible opportunity to have Shelby mentor me as I developed my art and flow as a photographer, and I am overwhelmed with joy after our mentor session! Shelby went above and beyond to invest in my creative development last weekend. What a wonderful day filled with so many learning opportunities. My heart is at its fullest and I am so grateful that our paths have crossed the way that they did.

I wanted to emphasize my gratitude on the fact that she was able to touch base on all of my inquiries. I had so many questions, so I wouldn't have been surprised if we didn't have time to cover everything, but I'm so impressed that we did! Shelby is truly great at teaching!

I also had the opportunity to see Shelby in action. She allowed me to spend part of our mentor session shadowing her as she posed and interacted with a styled couple. The effortless way she directs clients is inspiring! She has a way of getting everyone in the room feeling comfortable.

THANK YOU for such an inspiring learning experience! What I'm able to take away from the session is priceless!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Gen, this review is unreal! Thank you for every thoughtful word shared, the honor has truly been mine to come along your side :) Cheering you on every step of the way, Shelby

Jacqueline Flowers · Getting married on 05/15/2020

1,000x YES!

Shelby captured my surprise engagement beautifully. My fiance and I were so impressed with Shelby's warm nature and beautiful work that of course we had to book her for our upcoming wedding. I'm so glad she agreed to travel, as we are planning a destination wedding and I couldn't imagine having anyone else there to capture our day. From every detail, Something Minted Photography will have you covered!

Something Minted Photography 11
    Something Minted Photography 12
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

And what a surprise it was, Jacqueline :D I was filled with excitement for you and Jack the day he asked you to be his wife and consider it an honor to have documented that moment! And to think I get to be there for the day you make the promise of a lifetime to each other in Costa Rica has me overflowing in gratitude!
  • Erin

Erin Walker · Married on 10/12/2019

Perfect Wedding Photographer!

We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer!!! Shelby is professional, talented and incredibly sweet. Her attention to detail, responsiveness, and personable way of taking photos made our day truly special. Our wedding wouldn’t have been the same without her there to capture it all.

Something Minted Photography 13
    Something Minted Photography 14
    Something Minted Photography 15
    Something Minted Photography 16
    Sent on 10/27/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Erin, your kind words are more appreciated than mine can express! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day for both of you in a place that truly defines your story -thank you for sharing a glimpse of it through this review! With gratitude, Shelby

Tucker Dane Walker · Married on 09/21/2019

High praise to Simply Minted!

Shelby was absolutely amazing. I knew we picked the right photographer when my wife told me ‘The Wedding was absolutely perfect, and I think a lot of it was because Shelby made it so easy and comfortable.’ Shelby went above and beyond to ensure we knew what to expect, provided us with a timeline and check-ins leading up to the big day, and her photos turned out amazing! Icing on the cake? She pulled out a Polaroid during our golden hour photos for a couple of shots because she knew Erin and I have a tradition of taking one on each of our special days.

Something Minted Photography 17
    Something Minted Photography 18
    Something Minted Photography 19
    Something Minted Photography 20
    Sent on 10/27/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Grateful for your review, Tucker! It's the greatest compliment to hear the words Erin shared through your review -thank you for your trust in asking me to come alongside you both for such a time!

Kathie Morman · Married on 07/29/2019

Mother of the groom

Shelby is wonderfully warm and incredibly professional all at the same time, while anticipating every need of the bride and groom and their families. She is very organized, providing timelines and great little tidbits of information to keep everyone on track during the wedding planning including what to expect for the wedding day.
    My son and daughter-n-laws photos are so beautiful! If you like dreamy romantic photos captured during lovely “golden hour” light, Shelby at Something Minted, will be perfect for your special day!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Thank you for sharing such kind words, Kathie! Working with the family was nothing short of joyful :) All my best to all of you!

Jeannette · Married on 06/08/2019

My favorite wedding vendor!!

I am so incredibly happy that I found Something Minted and then immediately hired Shelby to be my wedding photographer. Her photography skills are unparalleled. She produces beautiful, light, airy photographs that I will treasure forever. She is a true professional and has been so easy to work with. Her rates are extremely reasonable. In addition to all of that, Shelby is such a sweet and warm person. I feel so lucky to have her on my team. When I had random questions about my wedding venue, Shelby provided helpful advice based on her past experiences at that venue. She really goes above and beyond to make not only the wedding photos but also the entire planning process as stress-free as possible. I highly recommend Something Minted to everyone!

Sent on 12/19/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany Crosby · Married on 10/07/2018

Mt. Rainier Bride

When I started planning my wedding, I wanted to choose a location that would best create beautiful photographs. My husband and I talked about several locations and decided to try to make a location in beautiful Mt. Rainier National Park work for us. We took a weekend and drove through the park and selected a few different locations for the small, family only ceremony. Since we could not make reservations on a specific spot, we knew we were going to have to just wing it on the day of the wedding. We knew it would be easy to coordinate last minute plans with our families, however, coordinating such an up-in-the-air ceremony with the photographer was a little more stressful. Shelby took that stress and sent it on its way! Not only did she take photos of the wedding, but she also helped choose the perfect, and I mean perfect, location for the ceremony. We did not do a rehearsal, we only had a rough plan of how we were going to do the ceremony. Shelby took the chaos and embraced it. Without her, things would not have been so perfect. She also did her homework on her way to the ceremony location and scoped out the perfect spots for pictures afterwards. She was so much more to us that day than just a photographer. When the pictures came it, I was blown away by the way she took a rainy, cold, fall day in the mountains and made the moment look so warm and cozy. It was exactly what I wanted. Shelby truly listens to her clients and molds her work to meet their visions; and she is so easy to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Brittany, working with you and Hunter and your families was more incredible than imagined! Thank you for trusting Something Minted on this day and for sharing such kind words about your experience! Know it was truly an honor; you brought beauty all in its own on that rainy fall day!

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2018

Shelby is awesome to work with and she makes you feel so comfortable! Her pictures are beautiful bright and airy just how we wanted them ! Highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2018

Hiring Shelby to shoot our wedding and our engagement photos was one of the BEST decisions my now husband and I ever made! She went above and beyond the entire process – from helping us scout the perfect location for our engagement photos, to providing the most beautiful wedding photos I have ever seen! Shelby does a fantastic job of capturing all the small moments and details that will allow us to relive that special day every single time we look at them. Her attention to detail is phenomenal! I could go on and on, but I feel like my review does not do justice just how wonderful Shelby and her work truly is. I highly recommend Shelby and Something Minted Photography and will be using her in the future to capture more special moments as our family grows!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Rebecca · Married on 02/23/2018

Let me start off by saying, I’ve known Shelby for quite a while, about 12 years and she is one of my favorite people in the world. So let me give you a review of her work from someone who knows the photographer with some depth. I have been in the service industry for 13 years now and something I have learned is that, QUALITY work/service comes from someone who CARES truly about your happiness with their product/service. Shelby embodies this value with every ounce of her being because Shelby cares DEEPLY about people and her work and it is 100% evident in the finished product. From before I was ever engaged, Shelby was always going to be my wedding photographer. Shelby is not just good at her job, she has had the same education as other photographers have, however Shelby is GIFTED. She’s not just good at what she does, but this is hands down her calling. Her attention to detail and slight OCD nature were just added comforts to me knowing the job would be done with meticulous perfectionism. Honestly, I did not expect our pictures to turn out as marvelously as they did. Mainly because I am the worst at having my picture taken, ya I’m one of those people. I can look so awkward, uncomfortable and misshapen in a heartbeat, rendering any picture taken of me worthy of the trash pile. Shelby helped Tristan and I not only look like models, but she captured the emotions, all the ‘feels’, every moment I was so worried would get ‘missed’ were all captured, plus extra fun pictures I wasn’t expecting or prepared for. Shelby came up with all the locations for the photos and was spot on. She went and scouted out all the locations the day before and it couldn’t have gone better. After all, when you are capturing a once in a lifetime moment like your wedding, anniversary, graduation, newborn, who better to have at your side then someone you can call a friend, something Shelby makes every client feel and understand. Something Minted to be.

Something Minted Photography 21
    Something Minted Photography 29
    Something Minted Photography 30
    Sent on 03/27/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/07/2017

My time spent with Shelby was truly spirit lifting. Such a great person/photographer to work with! I felt so comfortable and she had the artistic eye to capture my most beautiful, natural self. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Janae · Married on 08/19/2017

Right when we got engaged, I knew I wanted Shelby to do our photos and I'm so glad I did. Shelby is incredibly personable, she makes it easy to "be yourself" during the shoot. She does a great job of capturing natural light while also capturing candid moments. I have no hesitations in recommending Shelby/Something Minted Photography to all friends and family :)

Sent on 12/11/2016

Janae · Married on 08/19/2017

Even before I got engaged, I knew I wanted Shelby to do my wedding photos. She has such a talent for capturing raw emotion while also utilizing natural light for that perfect photo "glow". Shelby is so pleasant and easy to work with. Very experienced and organized to ensure all necessary photos were captured. I can't say enough great things about Shelby. I would refer anyone to her without hesitation. You are in good hands with Shelby and Something Minted Photography!!!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/22/2017

Shelby comes highly recommended from us! We loved her from our first time meeting her and were only impressed from then on out! She is both extremely talented as well as someone you can trust to get back with you on any questions or concerns immediately. The kind of photographer you want for a stress free expirience! We adored both our engagements photos as well as our wedding photos, which captured us perfectly.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Cindy · Married on 07/22/2017

As mother of the groom living in a different state, I ordered prints and also asked for additional photos to be uploaded. Shelby was so accommodating and quickly responded. What a lovely experience!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2017

Shelby is a friend of mine, so I was very familiar with her beautiful work. Throughout the whole wedding experience she was very professional and patient! As anxious and excited as brides can get, and as stressful as a wedding day can turn out, she remains calm and collective and her work is beautiful! She makes you feel like your wedding is the most important one! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kim · Married on 07/01/2017

Having Something Minted Photography capture our engagement and wedding photos was one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process! Shelby not only made my husband and I feel comfortable, but the rest of the wedding party and family. Her calm demeanor enhanced our day!

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 01/28/2017

Simply Wonderful!

Shelby will be photographing our wedding this November. She has already photographed our engagement photos which were stunning! The entire experience with Shelby has been amazing. When taking her photos she made it fun and put us at ease, which can be hard because my fiance does not like having his photo taken. She has responded quickly to any questions I have had leading up the the big day and almost seems to read my mind when it comes to what I am hoping for with our photos. She is very prepared, organized, and does beautiful work that you will want to treasure for a lifetime and to top it all off she is very sweet. She knows how to capture the magic of special moments with her photos. I would reccomend her to anyone who was looking for a photographer. I can't wait to have her photograph our wedding and see what will no doubt be stunning photos of our wedding day :)

Something Minted Photography 31
    Something Minted Photography 32
    Sent on 10/05/2019

Elizabeth and Doug,

As if I wasn't already excited to document your wedding day, this has me feeling all the more so! Here's to all the sweet times we've shared and all those to come ♡

Madison · Married on 08/14/2016

The photos turned out better than I could have imagined! Our personalities were really captured. Not only were the photos great, but Shelby is great to work with! She made the entire process feel laid back, stress free, and fun!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cristina · Married on 08/04/2016

Professional, kind and creative are just a few of the many words there are to describe Shelby and her business. My husband and I were absolutely floored at her professionalism in getting the contract out to us, having full disclosure and the communication was very punctual for our engagement and wedding day timeline.

She has a way of making you feel so important in those session moments and through snail mail and email. She surprises you with such sweetness when you don't see it coming! (You'll know what I mean once you book and have worked with her!) Her work truly looks like it came from a magazine - soft, light filled, natural, everything you want out of a photo kind of magazine. One of my favorite parts about shooting with Shelby is how she compliments you as the sessions moves. It keeps the mood light, the attention on you and your hubby, and really helps you get comfortable in being yourself because you know she genuinely loves what she's doing. Stunning work is to be expected from every photo taken by Something Minted!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Coty · Married on 07/16/2016

There are not enough nice things in the world to describe how wonderful it was to work with Shelby from Something Minted. Shelby was my favorite vendor from my entire wedding. She is quick to respond and personable and outgoing with guests to capture the best photos possible. She shot our engagement photos, our elopement photos, and our wedding photos. Everything I've received from Shelby to this point has been beyond my wildest expectations. Her soft romantic lighting makes everything look magical while still looking natural. I can't wait to find another situation where I can work with Shelby again.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Shelby, the lead photographer and owner of Something Minted Photography is wonderful to work with. She was extremely flexible, within the day that I emailed her for an inquiry, she replied and we had a day set to meet and talk that same week. So far, we have only had our engagement session with Shelby, but the pictures are beautiful and we could not be happier with everything. She had our full online album available to us within three days of the engagement shoot. I had to re-schedule the session at least once or twice but she was completely accommodating and made sure we got the session in just in time. She is extremely organized and professional and her genuinity made us feel totally comfortable. You can tell that she has a true passion and dedication to capturing special moments that will tell a story. She definitely has an eye for the art of photography and I feel confident that she will capture our wedding day just as beautifully as she did our engagement session. I am very happy that we are working with Shelby and I highly recommend her as a wedding photographer. I will be telling my friends and family about her too.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Molly · Married on 11/14/2015

I do not have enough words to describe how amazing Shelby and her team at Something Minted Photography are. Shelby was recommended as a wedding photographer through a friend who had previously seen Shelby's photographs, and I am so glad! Though her photographs are majestic, it is Shelby's sweet personality, professionalism and willingness to meet all our needs that truly gave us the best experience possible. I planned my Washington wedding 3,000 miles away from Florida, and Shelby was so understanding and accommodating to the difficulties that can come with long distance planning. She made being able to "check off" my photographer box such a breeze, and made sure to meet with me in person once I arrived back in the state to connect on a more personal level and hear more about what I truly wanted on the big day. I could not have found a better photographer to capture our fall wedding. It absolutely poured rain the day of our wedding, yet Shelby came prepared, with adorable clear umbrellas to capture some fun outdoor shots, as well as previously discovered covered areas so that we could take advantage of the natural outdoor light and be protected from the elements. We went in with a plan regarding what specific photos and what type of photos we would like on our day, yet when I thought of something on the spot or saw something occurring I wanted photographed she was easy going, and pleased to capture anything. Shelby's number one concern was always me, my groom, our wedding parties and family, and making sure that we were 1) comfortable, 2) having fun, and 3) she was capturing every special moment throughout the day. It is so important that everyone involved feels comfortable on your day to capture genuine shots, and our family members and friends repeatedly commented on how great Shelby and her second photographer Stefan were. Shelby will provide you with a great experience, and amazing high quality prints you will cherish forever. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 12/21/2015

Carole · Married on 09/12/2015

Shelby, with Something Minted Photography is probably one of the most professional and pleasant human beings I have had the pleasure of doing business with. She is extremely responsive, very detailed and very positive. She is the type of person you love being around and my husband and I feel so very grateful that she was able to do wedding photos for our small wedding. She was only with us for a short period, and still got a great deal of photos. All of which are stunningly beautiful. Her photos are so natural looking without a lot of photo shopping and editing at the same time, which is amazing. That's because she has a natural ability to capture beauty as it is. I will use Shelby any time I need a photographer and I HIGHLY recommend her services for any and everyone needing photography. She is simply wonderful!! I can't say enough nice things about her and her business.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Something Minted Photography's reply:

Carole, thank you for your sincere review! Working with you and your family on your wedding day was a dream & I'm already looking forward to the next opportunity to work with you :) Cheers!