182 Reviews for Susan Elizabeth Photography

High-Res Images (23)
Engagement Shoot (14)
Liability Insurance (6)
Albums (4)

I cannot imagine having anyone else as our photographer. We got married 5/19 and are LOVING the photos we have seen so far. Despite some weather difficulties Susan stayed positive and made the most of it- and we have complete faith that the pictures will be amazing regardless. We also used Susan for our engagement pictures and couldn’t be happier. My husband said he wishes we could get married again, just to get more “Susan” pictures. Best choice we made!!

Profile Picture Amberly , 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I first met Susan when she was the photographer at my friend's wedding. From the moment I saw my friend's pictures and knew how amazing it was to work with her, there was no question that I wanted Susan for my own wedding. And it was the BEST decision ever. The entire process was seamless. Susan is so easy and fun to work with, always making us feel comfortable while she's photographing us. And the turnaround time...incredible!!! I've gotten SO many comments and compliments on our pictures and fast we go them back! I just got married this past Saturday and I got sneak peek pictures on Monday!! Even just seeing a glimpse of the photos (15 pics!), I'm already in love. The lighting, editing, and styling is completely on point. I would hands down recommend Susan. She will make a world of a difference for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Joanne, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

OMG!!!! Susan is absolutely incredible! I can't even begin to put into words how amazing she is. Each and every photo she took looked like they were straight out of a bridal magazine. Her attention to detail and her styling is superb.

She made my husband and I feel so comfortable in front of the camera and provided directions on how to "pose" that came across so natural in photos. After sending out the link to her blog post shortly after the wedding, all of my family and friends were amazed at the quality of the photos. Susan truly captured the emotion of the day and hands down was the best photographer a girl could ask for on her wedding day!

Profile Picture Kristi, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Susan is AWESOME! She's an amazing photographer and a total blast. The photos for our engagement session and wedding came out looking fantastic, and that's all because of Susan's excellence. Her style, her sense of detail and lighting, her willingness to do whatever it takes for a great shot -- she's a pro! She also made us feel so comfortable and made all of the photo sessions so fun. Our engagement session is one of our favorite wedding memories, and our wedding photos are even better than we imagined. We couldn't be more thrilled to have booked her for our wedding.

Profile Picture Nick, 5/3/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Susan was amazing from the second I started working with her! She was very helpful with every aspect of the wedding planning, even if it wasn't photography related. She went above and beyond to make sure every little detail was in place to ensure the pictures on my wedding day were perfect and exactly what I wanted. Her photos are GORGEOUS. My biggest problem with her photos was refraining from printing out every single one and framing them ALL to hang in my house. She is hard-working, professional, and makes your wedding day so much fun while capturing all of the important moments from your day. I would hire her all over again if I could!

Profile Picture Nicole, 1/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I stumbled upon Susan’s website randomly and did some serious stalking! I was blown away but how gorgeous every picture she posted was. I was obsessed with her editing and immediately messaged her to find out more. I must have inquired with a dozen photographers and she was the only one who got back to me asking if we could hop on the phone to chat and see if we would be a good fit! I appreciated this so much, especially when almost everything is done via text and email! As soon as I called her we stayed on the phone for over an hour and I was sold! After chatting for just 5 minutes I felt like we were old friends and I knew I needed to hire her!

Throughout my planning process I must have asked her a million questions and she always answered and never seemed annoyed (thanks for that Susan!!!). The day of the wedding she and her 2nd shooter, Ashley, showed up on time and ready to go (even prepared with umbrellas for us to use for pics since it was raining!!) Even when we were running late Susan made sure we stuck to our timeline as much as possible so that I would get all of the pictures I wanted.

We got our gallery today, after just 2.5 weeks, and I am completely blown away. The pictures are exactly like I hoped and dreamed they would be and I will forever be grateful to Susan for capturing our day perfectly!!! I will sing your praise to anyone who will listen and highly recommend you to anyone I know!!!! Thank you again for everything!!!

Photo
Profile Picture kelly, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Susan is an asset to have on your wedding day. I am beyond happy with my experience and photos I received! I highly recommend her. She is a joy to work with and offers a plethora of information and experience. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Susan was a fantastic photographer! From the moment I saw her work through FB I knew I wanted her to capture our special day! She in fact was the first vendor I booked once I had my wedding date so I could make sure she was our photographer! She is very professional, energetic, helpful, responsive and over all a joy to work with! She is passionate about her work and it shows in every little detail from cute little Something Blue packages to her amazing photos of your day, she really is the best! You won't regret booking her as your photographer!

Photos
Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I first saw Susan's amazing work on Facebook from a mutual friends wedding and absolutely fell in love with her photography style! Throughout the planning process, Susan made everything so seamless! From communication and responsiveness to answering my wedding questions, Susan was phenomenal! On the day of our wedding, Susan was extremely professional and super friendly, and after receiving our sneak peaks while we were on our honeymoon, I knew we had made the right decision in trusting Susan to capture our special day! I 10/10 recommend Susan and Something Blue to any bride-to-be who wants stellar photographs and a stress-free planning experience :)

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

From the moment we met Susan we knew she was the right person to photograph our wedding and engagement pictures. We clicked instantly with her. Susan was more than just our photographer! Throughout the entire planning process she was there for us -- any time we had questions/doubt/panic, she always had an answer! She always goes above and beyond. Throughout each step of the process Susan managed to surprise us in the most thoughtful personal ways. She really is one of a kind!!
Anyone who has gone through the process of planning a wedding will tell you how stressful it is. When it came to our pictures we never had a doubt. Our engagement pictures were the most incredible pictures we had ever seen. She made our whole experience fun- made sure we were laughing the whole time and truly captured our love for each other. While we were initially nervous about the session - the second we got there Susan made everything just feel easy.

When our wedding day came we had a hundred different things going on. Susan was there every step of the way-- whether it was keeping us on schedule or coming up with new and creative shots to try out. The second she arrived there was an instant sense of relief!

She braved the cold and got us the most stunning wedding pictures that we will cherish for a lifetime.
It's one of the most important days of your life and you want to make sure you have the right person there capturing it. Choose Susan and don't think twice.

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Photography is one of, if not the most important, choice you will make for your wedding (after choosing your future spouse of course!) If you choose Susan to be your wedding photographer, you will not feel one ounce of regret. We had our engagement shoot about a year before our wedding, in which Susan drove 2 hours from her home to come to the location we chose. It was just on the back of my family's property, with some rustic barns and fences, and out of this humble location, we got AMAZING shots. Susan made us walk into this field of tall grass, and she caught the light just right, and it will forever be one of our favorite images of us. Susan has the most calming, friendly personality that will put you right at ease while at the same time making you so excited for the most important time of your life! My husband does not like his photograph taken, but Susan managed to get him out of his shell and direct us both effortlessly. We were so happy with our engagement photos, that we KNEW our wedding photos would be of the highest quality and workmanship, and we were right! Looking at your photos from Susan, you will wonder if that is really you in the picture or if it's some models in a magazine =] The night I got all of our wedding photos back from Susan, I was up until 3AM staring at them and being blown away by picture after picture. On the day of, I was a nervous wreck. I have a high strung personality and was worried everything would go wrong, but once again Susan put me right at ease. She has the perfect blend of a fun and joyous personality with strict professionalism and ability to stick to a timeline. I would recommend her a million times over =]

Profile Picture Joanna, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Susan was the most amazing photographer !!!! She came highly recommended and did not disappoint! She photographer our 9/23/17 wedding at the Ashford Estate. Everything went according to plan and the pictures came out amazing. We also did an engagement session which i highly recommend! You always hear about brides not getting their pictures back for months, but we received all of our edited photos after only a couple of weeks!!!! You can’t go wrong with booking Susan for your upcoming wedding!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan was absolutely wonderful to work with. She is extremely knowledgeable and professional, and really guides you through the process every step of the way. She sends out questionnaires along the way to get to know her couples, and creates a timeline that is very helpful in planning the wedding day. She is extremely responsive to emails, and will give you advice on anything you ask for. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her, and were so beyond happy with the results. During the sessions, she makes you feel very comfortable, and coaches you so that the poses look and feel natural, and makes the long photo sessions fun. She is so creative, and has so much experience that she really knows how to find the best locations and lighting to give you amazing photos. Her second shooter for our wedding day, Amber, was also absolutely wonderful to work with. All of our family and friends were so impressed with their professionalism and expertise. Susan is also very excellent at delivering photos as soon as she can. Our engagement photos were ready within days of our session. The morning after the wedding, I woke up and Susan had already posted 16 sneak peek wedding photos on my Facebook page so that we could see them before we went away for our honeymoon. We can't thank Susan enough for helping us feel at ease on our wedding day, and capturing all of the important moments. We highly recommend Susan!!! :)

Profile Picture Noelle, 9/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hiring Susan was the very first thing I did for our wedding. I didn’t even want to meet with any other photographers and I’m pretty sure I texted her on our way home from meeting for the first time and told her “we’re in!” There is something super unique about Susan in both her personality and photography. She makes you feel like a long-time friend in such a short time. She was more than an amazing photographer for us. She was a wedding planning, a décor expert and always there for any of my wedding planning meltdowns. I felt like I could ask her anything and valued every word of advice she gave me. Her photography is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Our engagement shoot was so fun, Susan made us feel super comfortable in front of the camera and my husband ended up being a real ham during the shoot! Our wedding day was amazing. She kept us on schedule, got every little detail shot I hoped for, and dealt with some bridal party shenanigans like a true professional. Susan has this amazing ability to make any picture, in any setting look beautiful. I can’t express enough how much I am in love with our photos, and how many compliments we have received from all of our family and friends on how amazing they look. I would plan a wedding every year if it meant Susan was there taking pictures. Do yourself a favor and book her ASAP if you’re looking for more of an experience with your photographer rather than a simple transaction. Thank you so much Susan! You are amazing!!

Profile Picture samantha, 9/15/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

Choosing Susan of Something Blue as our wedding photographer was the best wedding planning decision I made. I was stressing about starting the search for photographers because there are so many factors to consider: budget, professionalism, expertise and last but certainly not least, photo quality. Susan exceeded all of my expectations for all of those things and more. Susan is an expert blogger and social media guru so she gets her photos out there! I saw the work she did for a friend and it truly speaks for itself, so I went on her pages, scrolled around, LOVED what I saw, and decided to contact her. During our meeting, she blew me away with her photography knowledge, how thorough and detailed she is, and how confident she is in her abilities. Following that meeting, the contract signing, working with her to set the timeline of the day, and working out the details and payments was nothing but professional, easy, and stress-free. Susan is an excellent and organized business woman. She has everything set up online so it is easy to handle the business with her. The day of the wedding, Susan was like my de-facto wedding planner. Things got chaotic the day of the wedding, but her calm demeanor and knowledge on how wedding days run put me at ease. She is SO detailed!! There is not a single photo she doesn't get! Following the ceremony, she and her assistant took extra care to get so many beautiful portrait shots of me and my husband. I am now left with tons of options! Susan is so great, that she even sent and posted online some teaser photos for us to see while we were on our honeymoon! We ended up getting ALL our edited photos back from her within TWO WEEKS of our wedding. Now, one of the most common compliments I receive from my guests and friends is on my wedding photos. Her services were worth every penny. You will NOT regret choosing Susan as your wedding photographer! Thanks so much Susan!

Profile Picture Maria, 8/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

Where do we even start?! Not only were our engagement photos incredible, but our wedding photos are to die for!! For two people who aren't big into taking photos - in front of or behind the camera - Susan put us at ease and made both shoots an absolute dream. (My husband thinks he held my bouquets too much but that's his only 'criticism' ;).)
Susan has been such a pleasure to work with. She's hilarious, personable, and her attention to detail is always on point! Our bridal party had a blast with her and can't stop gushing over our photos! We felt incredible during each shoot, and Susan was very much in-tune with how we were feeling, whether or not we liked a specific location/pose, and the feelings/moments we wanted captured. We could go on and on and on about how freaking incredible Susan was! We're already thinking about future maternity shoots with Susan because that's how fan-freaking-tastic she has been to work with! Something Blue is the BEST!

Profile Picture Meredith, 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Susan was amazing. I am not one to like taking pictures but she made me feel very comfortable (despite constantly making me hold flowers!). I would highly recommend her. She is very professional but also easy going and fun to spend time with. She even was patient when I got cranky towards the end of our session. Not only was the experience good, but her end product was even better.

Profile Picture Timothy, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan is one of the most amazing people I've had the pleasure of meeting. Her dedication to her work is admirable. She will mull over every detail (even the ones you would never think of) to ensure your pictures capture each moment perfectly. She is so creative and full of ideas and can make something out of nothing which is exactly what you want in a photographer. Whether it is your engagement shoot or your wedding day there are so many unforeseen obstacles that may happen and Susan has a back up plan for all of them. She is willing to help with more than just photography and that's what really put her over the top for us. Susan is truely there for you in all aspects of your wedding. She works with other amazing vendors, gives great advice, sees your stress with clarity, and without a doubt will help to boost your confidence in every way before, during, and after your big day. Susan is our photographer for life! Once you see her work and meet her no one else will compare!

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Susan is absolutely amazing! She is very artistic, creative, and has an extremely good eye. She is perfessional, quickly responsive, and hard working. The photos that she took were truly magical and perfection. I would work with her again in heartbeat. If you are looking for quality, Susan is your gal!

Profile Picture Ashley , 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Susan is the absolute BEST! I spent weeks researching and communicating with different photographers and I am certain Susan is the most amazing one out there! My husband and I aren't exactly "naturals" in front of the camera, but Susan was patient, kind and gave us suggestions and tips that really helped us feel more comfortable and relaxed. She takes the time to get to know her clients on a personal level by sending out surveys and communicating throughout the entire wedding planning process. She even made my husband drink a beer to calm down before our first look so that the moment was perfect! Susan's turnaround time is unreal. Our engagement photo gallery was ready to view in a week and our wedding photographs edited and at our front door in less than a month! UNHEARD of! Many of my friends and family have gotten married on the east coast and they were all amazed with how beautiful Susan's pictures were. Even my other vendors (makeup, DJ, videographer) came to me to compliment Susan on how wonderful she was to work with! Susan's stunning photographs speak for themselves, but it is her unmatched professionalism and easygoing personality that really make her such an incredible wedding photographer. Choosing vendors for a wedding can be a stressful process, but I promise you working with Susan will make you feel comfortable and confidant on your special day. Thank you for everything Susan!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Susan from Something Blue photography is fantastic! My husband didn't listen to anything throughout the wedding process except for the fun facts she gave him for the day of and how not to look uncomfortable in pictures lol. She has such a fun and bubbly personality but knows how to keep everyone in check in order for the day to run smoothly. We had a few hiccups ( none her fault.. a late groomsman and none of the men answering the florists calls at the hotel) caused us to be behind but she never showed any nerves that we may not get all the pictures done in time. Both her and the second shooter Amelia ( I believe was her name) were on time to their respective locations and began detail shots immediately. My husband and I were able to take a lot of pictures together after our first look and we got some fun ones with our bridal party. I'm so glad we decided to push family pictures (which we really tried to have before the ceremony but had to readjust) so I could have a first look with my dad. It was such a priceless moment I won't ever forget! All of my bridal party raved about Susan and how fun she made the day which can be long and tiring for them. Her shooting style is stunning and she makes you feel like a model! I cannot wait to see the rest of the pictures from my wedding.

Profile Picture meaghan, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I'm not even sure where to begin!! My friend Kate, who also used Susan as her wedding photographer, recommended her to me, as I was having NO luck finding the perfect wedding photographer. As soon as I saw her website, I IMMEDIATELY sent her an inquiry. I have to say, out of all of my vendors, picking Susan as my wedding photographer was THEE BEST thing I did, hands down!! Your photos are the only thing you have left after your day flies by! So it was very important to me to find the best of the best, and Susan is it! She was extremely communicative, always answering all of my questions and made me feel so comfortable and at ease with the entire process. When the wedding day was here, she showed up with so much excitement! You can tell she just absolutely LOVES what she does, and puts her heart and soul into every shot. We had an issue with my flowers which ended up coming to my room later than expected, which included the florals for Susan's detail shots. Even though she had already photographed my detail shots, once the florals came, she re-photographed ALL of my detail shots, because she wanted me to have the BEST pictures ever! She truly has your best interest in mind. Everyone in our bridal party raved about her FUN personality and enthusiasm to create the best picture possible, it truly still amazes me to this day!! I'm not even exaggerating when I say that she is truly one of a kind. Susan even sent me a few "sneak peeks" after the wedding and I received a MILLION comments and text messages saying they have never seen more beautiful, classic wedding photos!! They are worth every penny. I'm telling you, you will NOT be disappointed. I wish I could give her MORE than 5 stars!! BOOK SUSAN! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images

I don't even know where to start when writing about Susan. From the moment we met, I knew she would be the perfect fit for our photographer. She was extremely friend, sassy (in the best way), and confident in her beautiful work. She asked great questions to get to know us and in no time we felt as if we were chatting with an old friend. After hanging out with her last night while taking our engagement pictures, we were reminded of why we picked her to photograph our wedding next year. From the beginning, Susan has made this process SO enjoyable. She is easy to contact and always makes sure that every couple is getting the attention they deserve. She made me feel sexy and confident and made my fiance feel like he was just as important as the bride. She has the ability to make you lighten up in situations that may otherwise be uncomfortable and forced. She is so unbelievably talented at what she does and has the ability to think on the spot and come up with great ideas. She is decisive in her craft and isn't afraid to tell it like it is. This is one thing we love most about Susan! She will never steer you wrong. She is fun and enthusiastic like your best friends and yet motherly and comforting when you need your hair moved or your outfit adjusted. We CANNOT wait for our wedding day just knowing that Susan will capture the memories that will last a lifetime!

Profile Picture Brittany , 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

DISCLAIMER: I literally just made a second, new Wedding Wire account JUST so I could write a second review for Susan after our wedding day!! That's how much I love her! Booking Susan as our wedding photographer was easily the best decision we ever made. From the moment we first met with her, I knew there was something special. Her personality was so vibrant, she was sassy, and had such talent as we sat in awe looking at all of her photos in her office. As we continued to get to know her through social media, occasional texts, and our engagement session, there was no doubt in our mind that we had picked the right person. Two days ago, our wedding day finally came! I sat in the morning watching my bridesmaids and family get ready. The silent nerves of the day began to set in. It wasn't until Susan showed up that it really hit me. She embraced me as if we had been lifelong friends and her excitement truly showed. She cares SO MUCH about her clients. She is the glue that holds the entire day together. There were moments when we inevitably ran off schedule or were running behind. Susan NEVER made me feel stressed or overwhelmed. She was flexible and patient. She was honest when we needed to move around some scheduled pictures and always had my best interest in mind. She was SO FUN and had us laughing the entire day! She has this calming vibe about her while still being hilarious and always willing to crack a joke with the bride and the groom. We trusted her judgment and even left our reception to get some final shots as the sun was setting. Susan is a true professional and now someone that will be a lifelong friend to us. She is down-to-earth and stands in a league of her own in her profession. I even heard her say "we can find better lighting" several times while we were searching for the perfect spot with natural light to take our photos. She will NEVER settle for anything less than the best. We love you Susan and are so happy that you were a part of our day! xo

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/10/17, 1 Review