Something Blue Creative Reviews

27 Reviews for Something Blue Creative

• Aista

Aista Monika · Getting married on 10/06/2020

Exceeded our expectations!!

Alex was truly a dream! He was kind, professional and by the end of the day, felt like a true friend! His video exceeded our expectations! One of the biggest pieces of advice for a bride planning her wedding would be to invest in a videographer and look no further than Alex Dodd. He is the best! Being able to relive all of those memories on film is such a treasure. We highly, highly, highly recommend Alex!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Aista!!! Thank you so much for you kind words. You and Peter were an absolute PLEASURE to work with. I couldn't have asked for a better way to start my wedding season than with you two.
  • Ingrid

Ingrid Olmstead · Getting married on 10/06/2020

An Important Part of a Special Day!

Alex was a special part of my brother’s wedding this past summer and I can’t imagine the day without him. His calm and present demeanor is matched by his creativity and professionalism. Alex captured and connected memories throughout the wedding day into a highlight reel that was nothing short of a fairytale (lots of tears included!). I have and will continue to recommend Alex and Something Blue Creative to my friends and family who are looking for a professional and warm addition to their special day!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

You are too sweet thank you so much! The tears were provided by some killer speeches (yours included).
  • Ella

Ella C · Married on 12/10/2019

One of a kind!

Alex goes above and beyond for his couples. He arrives at the venue early to make sure he can capture everything that makes your wedding day special. He takes great care in getting to know his couples, their personality, and their story in order to create a video they will truly cherish.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review :) My couples are what make being a wedding videographer so much fun!
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Chobanian · Married on 12/07/2019

An Incredible Artist

Alex was so special to work with. He valued us as a couple from the start to the end. We did not know much about videography before we spoke with him but he made us feel at ease and asked us all of the right questions. The day of, Alex knew how to capture the vibe, environment, details, and moments of the wedding day. His videography skills are incredible and we were blown away by his art and ability to bring us back to that weekend. He is conscientious, attentive, supportive, easygoing and truly gifted in videography. I highly recommend hiring him- you will be happy you did! Thank you, Alex, for making a time capsule to our beautiful wedding!

Sent on 02/04/2020

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Katie! I couldn't have asked for a better couple to close out 2019 with. Congratulations to you and Tony!
  • Mitch

Mitch Cummings · Married on 10/19/2019

Extreme Value for a Priceless Keepsake

Having a cinematographer involved in our wedding day was always a top priority of ours. We had stumbled upon Alex's work early in our search and were immediately drawn to his style. Once we reached out and promptly received professional responses, Alex made the whole process easy and reassuring as he interviewed us and gave us plenty of say in some of the nuances of what would be his finished product. Creativity and professionalism don't always go hand-in-hand but Alex and his team lacked neither. Highly Recommended!

Sent on 03/04/2020

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mitch! It was an absolute pleasure working with you and Nicole. What a BEAUTIFUL fall day you had for your wedding. It's always fun working with a fellow creative :)
  • Alisha

Alisha Roemeling · Married on 09/28/2019

Hire this guy! He’s amazing!

Alex is THE BEST EVER! Need someone with amazing videography skills and a wonderful attitude? This guy is your guy. He videoed our entire ceremony at the last minute (so flexible and willing to help!) AND I didn't even notice him, not at all. I was a little worried that having the ceremony on video would make us more nervous but he was so stealthy that I had no idea he was even there. The video is beauuutiful and such great quality. We're so so thankful he was there to capture it. Seriously, brides, HIRE THIS GUY!! He knows what he’s doing! You will not regret it!

Sent on 10/07/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Alisha!!! Your ceremony was absolutely BEAUTIFUL, the hail was a nice touch :) Congratulations!
  • Ashley

Ashley Beaton · Married on 09/21/2019

Truly dedicated

Alex is phenomenal! Not only is his work beautiful but his enthusiasm is fantastic and exactly what we needed! You can tell he truly loves what he does and that he puts 10000% into all of his work!

Sent on 10/25/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley! I can't wait to see what's next for you and Chad. I wish you both nothing but the best!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa McQueen · Married on 09/14/2019

So magical ❤️

Wow…. I just re-watched the video for at least the 99th time and it still makes my heart glow. Alex this is amazing and we are so lucky to have found you.

We went back and forth about a videographer for a little bit as I am sure most people do. We chose to do it because of our daughter, we shared that with Alex and he captured it so beautifully. I don’t regret having film one bit, and I know everyone says that so why? I feel like I re-live my wedding each and every time I watch this 2:46 highlight and as stated above I have watched it at least 99 times... And because the 1.5 hours of raw footage was included, I actually get to relive my wedding, all the sound and candid conversations that I would have never remembered (some more embarrassing then others lol)… So yea I expected the video to be special, but it is hard to explain just how special it truly is.

From the very beginning we were impressed by Alex’s talent to capture beautiful moments and angles that highlight the romance. And wow did he do that. Alex, we both loved working with you during the wedding and we absolutely treasure your final product. Thank you for capturing all the feels of our magical day - we will cherish it for the rest of our lives.

Cheers,

The Ziegler’s

Sent on 10/20/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Alyssa, you are SO sweet. This just made my day. Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so excited to see what next for you and your family.
  • KK ZZ

KK ZZ · Married on 09/14/2019

a true treasure

When my son was getting married, we didn't have any personal experience with a videographer in the area and totally made our decision based on the online reviews. We were not disappointed with Something Blue Creative! Alex was a calming force in a very busy and hectic day. He captured amazing and creative footage in an unusual venue. His final product was a true treasure that we will now have forever. Would we hire him again? YES! In fact, we have been in discussion already for another wedding we have next summer. Hire Alex. You will not regret his professional service and wonderful video of your special day.

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! You all made that venue into something spectacular, it really made my job easy. I cannot wait to work with you again :)
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn Doherty · Married on 09/13/2019

Awesome videographer!

Alex truly went above and beyond to make sure we had the perfect wedding video. His presence day of was fun, friendly and blended right in so you don’t feel like your being filmed which was important for us. He responded back quickly to all requests and never hesitated when it came to any questions before and after the wedding. We would definitely recommend to any bride and groom.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much Caity! You and Jamie were a pleasure to work with and made the day so much fun for me.
  • F

Hannah C · Married on 09/07/2019

The easiest part of wedding planning

I highly recommend Something Blue Creative for wedding videography. Working with Alex was one of the easiest parts of planning our wedding, and he delivered. From the start, Alex stood out as professional and and thoughtful and proved this many times over. He is extremely responsive and a good communicator. He was very understanding of our comfort levels around being filmed and went above and beyond to accommodate them. He was a pleasure to have around the day of the wedding, though we mostly did not notice his presence - exactly as he'd promised. This is to say nothing of his work itself, which is outstanding. I have already recommended Alex to a friend and will continue to do so with confidence.

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Hannah! I'm so happy to hear my team and I blended right in. You're the best and I can't wait to see what's next for you and Jon!
  • Courtney

Courtney Luppi · Married on 07/20/2019

Alex is an amazing, talented, professional and very nice videographer!

Alex is an amazing wedding videographer and he was such a pleasure to work with. Alex is so friendly, organized, and extremely talented! My husband and I got married at Waterville Valley on July 20, 2019 and he captured the beautiful New Hampshire scenery and many special moments from the wedding day that we will forever be grateful for. We love watching our highlight video and we are so happy to have so much “extra footage” as well. Wedding days go quick so make sure you book Something Blue Creative so you can relive all of the moments- big and small. You’re the best, Alex!!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much!! You guys made it so easy for me, your contagious energy showed even with the scorching hot weather. Keep in touch!
  • Jenna

Jenna Sawyer · Married on 05/10/2019

Something Everlasting!

Alex made our special day even more incredible. Not only was he fun to have around that day but the final product he produced was outstanding. He captured moments we never saw ourselves and will treasure for years to come. We could not be more happy with the result. A wedding can be stressful but he made the video piece of the process easy. When we met prior to the event he was well organized and put our minds at ease. During the day he was attentive to our needs even when not actively filming (those drinks were a lifesaver!) We simply cannot recommend Something Blue Creative enough.

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much Jenna! You and Tyler were so easy and fun to work with. How could I not get you drinks, it's your cocktail hour too :)

Sarah Montana · Married on 02/08/2019

I love all of my pictures and videos!

Great pictures, great videos, all of my special day! The prices for this amazing service is well worth the price and their staff is a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended.

Sent on 02/22/2019

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

The best decision we made for our wedding

Deciding to book a videographer for our wedding was the second best decision we made. The first? Choosing Alex and Something Blue Creative. As for many brides and grooms, budgeting for a videographer can be tough, but I can 100% say that Alex’s work is priceless. A lot happens on your wedding day, and as much as you think you’ll remember it all, you won’t. When we got our videos from Alex, and I was able to watch my dad’s toast and my sister’s speech again, it brought tears to my eyes. I remembered they were great, but I of course didn’t remember exactly what they both said. Having it on video (along with our whole ceremony and other amazing moments throughout the day) means the world to me.

But why should you choose Alex? He’s professional, talented and responsive, and knows how to stay in the background but still capture the best angles and moments. We hired Alex knowing he was just starting out in the wedding business on purpose - I wanted someone who could take a more modern approach to filming a wedding as opposed to hiring someone who had been doing video for decades. A lot has changed in the video industry, and I wanted someone who had a pulse on what looks good today as opposed to ten years ago. And Alex sure delivered. Our wedding videos look and flow amazing and tell the perfect story about our day.

Alex is an awesome human being and I’m so grateful that I can re-watch my wedding anytime I want thanks to him!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Emily thank you so much! I hope all is well with you and Bryce. I cannot thank you both enough for everything YOU did for ME as well. Happy New Year!
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2018

Our Story is My Favorite

To say that what Alex created was magic, is an understatement. Alex from the very beginning was so great with communication, he was able to answer any question or concern and really bent over backwards to make sure my husband and I were happy with every detail. On the day of our wedding Alex and his assistant were an absolute joy to have around. The two of them never once interfered and many times their help or input was invaluable. I loved how enthusiastic Alex was and so dedicated to getting the perfect shot. At times we would see him emerge from the woods, hidden from all of us just to get the artistic view. Our highlight video is incredible. Alex takes you on a journey and watching the video immediately takes me right back to that wonderful day. His attention to detail is unparalleled and his films tell a story in such a magical - fairytale-esque way. I'll always cherish our video and can't thank Alex and his assistant enough.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Jordan thank you so much for this amazing review! The love and emotion I felt all day with you and Thomas was truly special. I wish nothing but the best for you two, congratulations!

Rebecca · Married on 10/06/2018

Wonderful to work with!

Alex was wonderful! After close family were not going to be able to make it to our wedding, he came to the rescue on short notice so they could still get to watch ceremony. The video was well done, and it is a great keepsake from the day. Alex was professional, kind and great to work with!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Rebecca! I'm so happy I was able to help you and your family. Congratulations to you and Dave!

Janine · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing, affordable videographer

Alex was absolutely amazing and did a fantastic job capturing our wedding day on video!! We planned our wedding from halfway across the country and most of our planning sessions took place through email and phone calls. Alex spent extra time on our wedding day getting all of the best footage and got AMAZING shots of Castle in the Clouds. We highly recommend Alex to capture your wedding and giving you videos that will last a lifetime for a very affordable price! THANK YOU SO MUCH ALEX at Something Blue Creative!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much Janine! You and Andrew were so amazing to work with I had such a fun time with you both. Congratulations you two!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Something Blue Creative was my favorite wedding vendor!

Alex was great to work with and put together an amazing video. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Brittany! What a beautiful setting Omni Resort proved to be for you and Matt. Thank you both for being so easy to work with. Congratulations!

Morgan Eastman · Married on 09/01/2018

A Dream Come True!

We were so blessed and honored to have found Alex, only 1 month out, and have him capture cherished and priceless moments of our special day! He worked seamlessly around everyone and felt like a natural addition to our wedding. His incredible talent and flexibility allowed us to customize our package and make it into everything we could possibly dream of. Your wedding day is an absolute blur so being able to look back and watch something that is so precious and loved, is beyond words. A lifetime of 'thank yous' to Alex for such an amazing gift we will watch for years to come!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Morgan! I'm so happy you trusted me to capture your special day, what a fun day it was. You and Brian are an amazing couple and I wish you all the best!

Erin Wilson · Married on 08/18/2018

Absolutely perfect!!

Alex is unbelievable!!!! We ran into an issue with our originally scheduled videographer, a friend of ours had recommended Alex, so we reached out and could not have been more impressed with how professional and accommodating Alex was. Our wedding day was seamless, Alex and his second videographer captured every moment of the day without us even realizing they were there. The video footage we received was so beautifully edited, we will cherish it for the rest of our lives!!

Thank you Alex!!

Erin and Dan

Sent on 10/22/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Erin & Dan! I'm so happy I was able to help out after losing your original videographer. I couldn't have asked for a more fun group to work with. Congratulations to you both!

Lauren Daugherty · Married on 08/11/2018

Alex is amazing!!

Alex is incredible! He is super talented and has a great eye for close ups and candid shots. We could not be happier with how our video turned out and the highlight video is unreal! Alex is super professional but made us feel really comfortable on our big day. Highly highly recommend you can’t go wrong with Alex!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! You wedding was absolutely beautiful and I had so much fun with you and Steven all day.

Kristen · Married on 07/27/2018

Alex is absolutely amazing! He is very talented at what he does and he captured every important part of our wedding. He has wonderful attention to detail and is a pleasure to work with. From start to finish, he has been very responsive and helpful and we had so much fun with him and his team the day of the wedding. I would recommend him very highly to anyone I know!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you Kristy I had SO much fun with you, Bobby, and the rest of your wedding crew!
  • Mags

Maggie · Married on 07/14/2018

Hiring a videographer was not a big priority for us until we saw Alex’s work. The way he captures details makes you feel like you’ve traveled back in time. When we contacted him, and he had availability I was extremely excited to be able to capture our wedding in video.

Working with Alex was one of the best parts of planning our wedding. He was extremely professional yet so easy to talk to. He made us feel confident and comfortable about our upcoming wedding. Whenever I had a question he answered immediately!

The day of the wedding Alex arrived early at the venue to capture the location with his drone. I have to say I was blown away by the quality. Later on, Alex met us where I was getting ready with 11 other girls. It was CHAOS. Alex remained very calm and focused. He was friendly to everyone and didn’t miss capturing all the special moments. As I did my make-up Alex was filming and helped me calm down by reassuring me that the day will be ok. I don’t think he knows how much his words helped me at that exact moment.

For the rest of the day Alex was invisible (figuratively). He was there, capturing everything, from all angles, but he was never intrusive. Once I received the deliverables, I was blown away! Again! But this time with my own wedding. I cried watching the video, as expected… but I also laughed and smiled so hard, because he captured all the fun that we were having and all the details that I had spent so much time putting together.

If you’re looking for an amazing videographer, Something Blue Creative will not disappoint you!

Thank you Alex, you're a rockstar!

Sent on 08/24/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you SO much for your kind words, you just made my day! I had so much fun with you all. I can't express how thankful I am to you and Mike for trusting me to capture your special day. You're the best!

Emily Woods · Married on 05/27/2018

Absolutely incredible!

I was absolutely blown away by Alex! He is so creative and thoughtful, making the entire experience incredibly easy and fun. We so appreciate all of his hard work and getting our wedding video to us so quickly! Thank you so much to Alex and Something Blue Creative for capturing everything about our special day that made it uniquely ours.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Something Blue Creative's reply:

Thank you, Emily! Your wedding at the Breakfast on the Connecticut was a blast and I had so much fun working with you and Max!