Somerby Jones Photography Reviews

Somerby Jones Photography 5
Somerby Jones Photography 6
Somerby Jones Photography 7

nyndia · Getting married on 03/17/2026

From beginning to end, Somerby Jones Photography has been extremely concise, helpful, and easy to work with. Our engagement photos were amazing and our wedding photos brought tears to my eyes! Don't be afraid to speak to her about your needs! Be open and honest, as she really listens and is extremely passionate about her craft. My husband and I highly highly highly highly recommend her services.

Laura Jones · Married on 10/13/2018

Laura Jones

Somerby is the best of the best. She is exceptionally talented, professional, so easy going and truly has the best personality for a wedding photographer. She will take the most beautiful photos you’ve ever seen, all while making you feel totally comfortable and calm on such an emotional day. I couldn’t recommend her more!

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

Somer did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! She is easy-going and a pleasure to work with. The quality of the photographs is excellent and the turn-around time was quick!

Katherine · Married on 09/23/2017

Somer was wonderful to work with, from our engagement photos to our wedding. She is kind, professional, and easygoing. She was on schedule for our wedding and got all the important shots you hope to receive plus more. We received our photos in a little over a month after our wedding, even with September being her busiest month! I love the photos and am so happy to have them, especially since the day really does fly by. I would highly recommend Somer to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Somerby Jones Photography 8
    Somerby Jones Photography 9
    Somerby Jones Photography 10
    Somerby Jones Photography 11

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2017

Nothing but positive things to say about Somer! Her photos are stunning, and she's very friendly, laid back, and easy to work with. I have gotten SO many compliments about our wedding photos-- she captured the light and the scenery so beautifully, not to mention my husband and I and our guests. Really amazing work!

Brittany · Married on 11/05/2016

Somer was the perfect photographer for us - two people who didn't have any idea what we wanted in Wedding Photos. She took charge, posed us perfectly, and made us look great! After looking at our wedding photos, she captured all of the little details that I would have wanted her to get without even telling her. She was adventurous, and had us out on the beach minutes after our ceremony! I loved her spunk and pure passion for the art. I would highly recommend Somer for any wedding or photographed event.

Joanna · Married on 10/08/2016

We never knew our big day could look as lovely as Somer's pictures came out!
    Somer was flexible, creative and cooperative the entire time and not having to stress about this aspect of our wedding day clearly showed up in our pictures.
    During the lead up, Somer was super communicative and answered any questions we had. On the actual day, she easily integrated the more "traditional" style pictures with the more creative/artsy style that fit our aesthetic (which she understood completely).
    Somer even had an additional photographer handle the Groomsmen photos since they were at a different location. According to my husband (who isn't crazy about having his picture taken) Somer's help, Colleen, made that process enjoyable!
    We couldn't imagine having anyone else capture the fun and intimate memories we created that day with our family and friends, we would definitely consider Somer to be a member of our extended family as well!!

jenn · Married on 10/01/2016

Somer did an amazing job photographing our wedding. It was raining the day of our wedding and she was great, allowing us to get some great outdoor shots. Somer and her second shooter were calm and made our wedding day stress free. We LOVE our photos and would recommend Somer to anyone. (My sister will be using Somer for her wedding in a a few months)

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

Somerby was so very professional yet very easy-going. We were slightly camera-shy and portrait-averse. Yet, Somer made sure we got great photos without being an intrusive part of the day. She was open to the flow of events and accommodated last minute shifts with ease. And, of course, her photo skills speak for themselves. She is truly wonderful and I would hire her again in a heartbeat.

• F

Fabiana · Married on 07/01/2016

Somer is an absolutely amazing photographer who gave us exactly what we wanted and more. Can't thank her enough for her amazing work and for taking beautiful, timeless photos that I can share with my family and loved ones forever. Great attitude, and an amazing eye for detail and shots. You can't go wrong with Somer. Thanks again.

Jacqui · Married on 07/01/2016

Somerby Jones is an amazing photographer! We just got our wedding photos and cried tears of happiness all over again. She captured every moment perfectly and was so amazing to work with. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to work with a thoughtful and talented photographer. The photos looks like a fairytale wedding! So so happy! Thank you Somer!

Somer did a fabulous job photographing our wedding! Before the wedding we met and discussed photos that were a must and she got an idea of the feel I was looking for. The day of I didn't even notice her, she snuck around and captured all of the most important moments. The photos came out beautiful. We are so happy and now our big problem
    Is deciding which ones to hang up!

Ashley · Married on 11/28/2015

Somer and her second shooter did such an awesome job and they were easy to work with! She let us do what we wanted and gave us some great ideas for pics. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Lauren · Married on 10/31/2015

I've been meaning to write I review of Somer since she did our wedding a year and a half ago. I'm still getting so many compliments on my wedding photos-- friends of friends go out of their way to tell me that they love the light and color in them. She really did make everyone look their best in a very natural and subtle way. I generally don't like getting my picture taken but she gave lots of great direction that made us look relaxed and photogenic :)

We planned our wedding over a couple quick months and only met Somer in-person on the day of the wedding, so I was especially happy about how well everything went. We didn't want to buy a big package (like a lot of wedding photographers push) and she was willing to work with us to create a little package for us that had all the things we wanted and nothing we didn't.

Extremely helpful and accommodating. We love our pictures!

Phoebe · Married on 08/15/2015

Somer shot our engagement photos and wedding and we are SO thankful she was part of our team! She was really great at the engagement session, teaching us how to stand and what looks best and basically telling us exactly what to do in the nicest way (we have NO experience in front of a camera!). It was fun walking around Cambridge, MA with her. Our wedding was in Vermont in August. Not only was Somer ok with the idea of hiking down to the Quechee Gorge in our wedding outfits before the ceremony... she was so excited and we got so many AMAZING shots. She really took our vision and ran with it! Which was awesome because as soon as we got back to the wedding venue it started pouring and didn't stop for the rest of the night. So we had lots of plans change but Somer rolled with it beautifully and captured all the great moments in her unobtrusive and quiet way. Seriously we barely noticed her all night. When it was time to take family portraits and group shots, Somer stood in the rain in the front lawn to be able to take pictures of us on the front porch. She was seriously a trooper. We got our photos back in exactly the amount of time she said in the contract and we could not be happier. They are full of life and color and are EXACTLY what we were hoping for! You can tell she puts a lot of thought and care in her work. We cannot recommend her enough!

Somer was great to work with! She was very creative with our engagement and wedding photos. We were very pleased with the final product. I would absolutely recommend using Somer as an event photographer.

Catherine · Married on 08/09/2015

I couldn't be any happier with my decision to work with Somerby Jones Photography. Somer made the whole process so easy! She has such an eye for beautiful images, and puts everyone she works with at ease! The pictures themselves were stunning - I've had many people comment on how beautiful they came out! To top it all off, Somer was very affordable! I couldn't believe that such high quality photography could be so reasonably priced. Her beautiful portfolio and her reasonable pricing made it very easy to choose Somer. I would recommend her to any bride and groom!

Kimberly · Married on 08/08/2015

Somer did a wonderful job capturing every moment of our special day. I chose Somer because I wanted a photographer who would blend into the background as if attending as a guest and she went above and beyond my expectations. I am not a typical bride who wanted many posed pictures and over the top photographs. I wanted simple, natural, genuine photographs that captured the happiness of the day and she nailed it. Fantastic job I highly recommend.

Emma · Married on 08/01/2015

We used Somer for our wedding photographs and could not have been happier! She was friendly, easy to reach, flexible (she went out of her way to do our engagement photos last minute on a weekend we were in town!), and the photos came back quickly and are so beautiful! We had an abnormally large bridal party and she did a great job corralling and organizing everyone, making the photo taking process fun as opposed to stressful. We really could not be happier with her and would highly recommend her to other Boston-area couples!

Danielle · Married on 06/21/2014

Somerby was a wonderful wedding photographer for my husband and I's nuptials. I enjoyed working with her throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend her to any of my family and friends.

Amber · Married on 04/25/2014

Somer is a fabulous photographer. She is creative and very patient. Our wedding photos turned out amazing. Don't change a thing!

Risa · Married on 04/28/2018

Somer was absolutely awesome throughout the entire planning experience! She was so sweet, kind, and thoughtful and was a great presence to have around on the wedding day. I appreciated all of the knowledge and experience she brought both prior to the event and on the day of the wedding. She and her second photographer, Colleen, put us at ease throughout the day and even made my husband enjoy the experience (and he hates pictures!). I also appreciated that throughout the day she kept checking to see if there were other pictures that we wanted. She was so flexible and accommodating of everything. I truly love all of the pictures she gave us from the day and it was hard for me to pick my favorites! I love how she captures the natural and candid moments and utilized the light so wonderfully. It was exactly what we were looking for in a photographer and for such a greta value. It was useful for me to see other brides pictures when I was planning, so I added some here (although it was hard to pick just a few) so you can see how amazing Somer is!

Somerby Jones Photography 12
    Somerby Jones Photography 13
    Somerby Jones Photography 14

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2015

Before meeting with Somer, my husband and I were not super excited about having our picture taken multiple times over what could have been a stressful day. She set our minds at ease at our initial meeting, encouraged open communication, did not give us the "hard sell" on an "engagement photo session" (or anything else), was very prompt in giving us a quote, and on the wedding day was warm, professional and yet somehow laid-back, all at the same time. Our photos came out better than I expected, she got beautiful candid shots, and she made us feel comfortable even while saying, "now put your foreheads together and gaze lovingly at each other" (it's harder than it sounds). I highly recommend her for weddings!

Somer was fantastic to work with! She met with us before the wedding and went over all the details we needed to know about. She listened to our input very graciously. On the day of the wedding she was prompt and flexible with our plans. She took some amazing photographs. She really has a wonderful eye for detail and for lighting. While I certainly don't want to get married again (haha) if I did, Somer would definitely be our photographer.