18 Reviews for Some Things Fishy Catering, Ltd.

Delivery (1)
Organic (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Outside Alcohol (1)
16 Some Things Fishy Catering, Ltd. Reviews

Michael and his team at Some Things Fishy Catering did an amazing job from beginning to end. He was creative with the menu and suggested specialty drinks and the food was fabulous. His team arrived early, stayed late and were top notch with their service. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture dawn, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Michael was outstanding from the very beginning. He was very accommodating for our tasting, which was so amazing. After our first two hors d'oeuvre samples we looked to each other and said, "Is it too early to say yes?" His food is fantastic and delicious, and when I needed to make a change to the menu for a vegan guest he had no problem making the switch and even made some suggestions. The day of the wedding he and his staff were prompt and well prepared. He worked very well with our venue owner and wedding planner to make the day perfect. At the end of the night, they cleaned up and broke down all the settings so we didn't have to move a muscle and could just enjoy ourselves and our special day with our friends and family. They even started our fir pit. I wouldn't change a thing. To top it all off, he's just a cool dude to have around.

Profile Picture Dan, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Michael made the most delicious food I've ever had at a wedding. It was exactly the style we wanted - healthy, farm-to-table, and catered to everyone's taste. Suffice it to say, we are still getting compliments about Michael's spectacular food. From the hors d'oeuvres (balsamic glazed coast shrimp, beet hummus crostinis, togarashi spiced tuna etc) to the citrus tea herbed rub salmon and salt and pepper steak (HUGE HIT), everyone was practically stuffing their faces the whole night (if they weren't on the dance floor).

Thank you, Michael, for making our wedding that much more delicious and easy! You knew what we wanted and you delivered more than we could have ever asked for.

IF YOU WANT TO HAVE INCREDIBLE, HEALTHY FOOD AT YOUR WEDDING, HIRE MICHAEL AND HIS INCREDIBLE TEAM

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Michael and his team were simply superb. You get an idea of Michaels easy-going style and genuine love of his craft from our initial interactions, but his Day-Of professionalism and brilliant menu suggestions were spot on. Thank you so much for your help in the planning process, the delicious, locally sourced options, and your creativity!

We had Michael do a Paella for the rehearsal dinner which was a HUGE hit even as he had to move it indoors because of rain at the last minute. We had chimi-churri chicken and a delish dill-cod for the dinner with a side of cous cous and wonderful panzanella salad. Not to mention, the unforgettable appetizers and deserts. Our biggest problem was choosing what we had to keep off of our menu. Service not just by Michael, but his whole staff, was incredible. Kind, efficient, professional!

Profile Picture Lily, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Organic, American, Greek, Italian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Sandwiches, Seafood, Spanish, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Tapas, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Absolutely LOVED working with Michael and his team. The display was simply beautiful and I received rave reviews from all of our guests. Would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Lindsay , 1/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Normally I wouldn't give 5* across the board however Michael & his team were exceptional and very easy to work with.
My husband and I had little ideas about what we wanted and Some Things Fishy really did an amazing job of putting together an evening that we will never forget.
Highly recommended! Thank you & we look forward to working with you again!

Profile Picture User7620192, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We loved working with Some Things Fishy! The food was creative and delicious and the service was top of the line. We couldn't have been happier! Thanks so much for making our day so wonderful!

Lauren & Leigh

Profile Picture lauren, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Meet Michael and taste his food! Fabulous, fresh, creative and beautiful. he could not be more flexible in customizing a menu to what you want. Great value.

Profile Picture User7823162, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We loved Tara and Michael! They were recommended to us from our venue and we couldn't be happier that they did. We live in NYC and have pretty high expectations on what "good food" is, but we wanted to remain on budget, and we wanted the food to represent us. I am from the Fairfield County area, but my husband is from Panama. We really wanted to make sure both our cultures were represented. From the moment we sat down with Tara she not only was excited about our fusion concept, she had just recently been to Panama! Clearly it was meant to be. She passionately talked about all the different directions we could go in as we tasted the best hors d'oeuvres we have ever had! Then Michael came out after our main courses were served. We were dying over the food!! It is clear Michael and Tara make an excellent team. They began to create dishes specifically for us for our wedding that would be representative of Panama and we could do that would be more New England. My husband said it was a privilege to watch, two people who are passionate and gifted at what they do brainstorm. We came up with an insanely amazing and unique menu, but what was so great is how conscious they were of our budget! We were even able to have a specialty cocktail that Michael actually improved to taste even better! I know I drove Tara nuts in the months before our wedding talking all the other little things we needed to the wedding/ wedding layout but she was so patient and always got right back to me. I was never worried! On the wedding day, they were amazing. All the servers they had hired were professional and polite. But the food, oh the food! People RAVED. We went around to each table to say hello to our guests during dinner and every table each plate was like it had been wiped cleaned, not even a morsel left. We are so grateful how they were able to give us such a unique menu for an extremely reasonable price. That combination is almost unheard of- they are the best!!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/6/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

I have never worked with a better, more responsive caterer. I never went near the kitchen during the entire event . It was as though I was in someone else's home.

Profile Picture Sally, 12/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I always knew I wanted and "island" themed wedding, and when we set out to find a caterer, we were worried that it would be hard to find someone that could make my vision come to life.

We met with many caterers, but none of them came close to being as creative, professional and awesome as Michael Bick and Something's Fishy catering.

When I told Michael what I wanted, he responded with the perfect menu! I couldn't have written it better myself. When we tasted his food, we were sold. It was ten times better than the other food we had tasted.

On the day of the wedding, his team was ready and I didn't have to worry about a thing! His servers and Captain were professional and fun and they did everything right!

I can't tell you how many people came over to me that day to say that the food was delicious!!

I really can't recommend them enough! Truly great!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/17/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Michael and his crew are top notch in every way. He personally met with us, understood our preferences and needs, prepared an inspired menu based on what we asked, suggested excellent (and reasonably-priced) wine pairings, coordinated every detail of setup and cleanup, and delivered a dream-come-true experience for us.
He is not only incredibly passionate about food, but also about the service level to his customers.
His wait staff delivered excellent service, that met every need of a very fussy audience. My sister later told me: "they provided everything we asked for, and we asked for a lot of stuff".
I carry the memory of a flawless party thanks to him, and also a great time during the menu tasting, watching my then-fiance indulge in a few too many tastings of the various wines we had.

Michael - from the bottom of our hearts - THANK YOU! We had an incredible wedding thanks to you.

Profile Picture User2696051, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Michael provided a PERFECT menu for us and our guests. Everything was beautifully presented, absolutely delicious, unique and creative, and there were enough "leftovers" to feed a dozen or so people who hung around late into the evening. He also provided the bartender and servers, all of whom were terrific. He & staff have catered several other parties for us, as well – including a surprise birthday party for me, in my home – no small feat!
I'm always looking for an "excuse" to have him cater another event!!
Some Things Fishy is terrific, in every way.

Profile Picture Carol, 5/31/03, 1 Review
Category: Catering

MIchael was attentive, creative, helpful and responsive. Great options, very flexible and innovative in his problem solving and actual cooking. Would HIGHLY recommend.

Profile Picture Christian, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We are an inn that holds weddings and events. It took us a little while to find Somethings Fishy Catering, but now that we have, we are quite pleased with the beautifully prepared, presented and delicious food and fine service. More importantly, our clients have been very happy!

Profile Picture Barbara, 6/23/12, 1 Review