Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design Reviews

Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design 2
Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design 3
  • Radhika

Radhika · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I worked with Kayla from Some Like it Classic for our wedding design and day-of-coordination in April 2018 in Phoenix, and we are so, SO HAPPY we did!! We planned our complex fusion Indian & Western full-day wedding all the way from NYC, and honestly the best decision we made for our entire wedding process was hiring SLIC and working with Kayla. We don't know what we would have done without her! Kayla saved us so much time finding and working with our vendors, making our design ideas come to life, organizing our entire very busy day, and perfectly coordinating our huge wedding party + rehearsal. Everything on our wedding day was absolutely seamless and more than what we could have dreamed! So many guests complimented us on how organized the day was, despite all the different events, and how beautiful everything was. Kayla was so nice and easy to work with, and she even stayed with us until ~2am the night of our wedding to help finalize venue bills! HUGE thank you to Kayla and the entire SLIC team!! We highly, highly recommend Some Like it Classic! :)

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design 4
    Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design 5
    Some Like It Classic - Wedding Design 6

katherine · Married on 10/07/2017

We just finished up with wedding #2 using SLIC. Whitney was our planner for both, she took all the guesswork out of the planning process and had all the details covered. On wedding day, she & Kayla kept everyone & everything organized and running smoothly. Another Beautiful Wedding, Thanks to Whitney & Kayla !

Sent on 09/05/2017

Eleanor · Married on 08/05/2017

I had the pleasure of working with Whitney for my wedding and she was absolutely fantastic! She also planned my older sisters wedding so when it was my turn to get married- we knew exactly who we needed to call! She made the process so smooth, was a great resource, and made planning a wedding enjoyable! Our wedding day was magical, ran like clockwork, and we received SO many compliments on our reception space. The timeline she created was amazing, kept our large (and very talkative) families on track, and made the day so easy for everyone. We were lucky to also have Kayla with us on our wedding day and she was just as amazing as Whitney! Whitney coordinated with all our vendors and took all the pressure off of my mom and I while Kayla helped me and Beau take pictures prior to our ceremony. They think of all the little things, have great ideas for anything you mention in your planning meetings, and truly make your wedding planning experience fun. I highly recommend SLIC and tell everyone it was the best investment for our wedding! THANK YOU WHITNEY!!!!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2017

Kayla from SLIC made planning our Destination Wedding a dream. My husband and I are currently located in NYC and without Kayla I do not know how we could have achieved our dream wedding. Kayla was super organized, had all the right contacts/vendors, and went over and beyond for us in many ways. She nailed my esthetic to a tee and truly created our dream wedding. It was stunning and we were so lucky to have her!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Haley · Married on 04/22/2017

Kayla from Some Like it Classic went above and beyond to make our wedding day run seamlessly and made each step in the planning process a breeze. Although she was only our Day Of planner, she was a part of the planning from day one. Each month Kayla would remind me what items to complete on our wedding checklist and would give suggested vendors for me to reach out to. Each vendor she suggested and gave feedback on helped contribute to our magical wedding day. I had a vision for the type of wedding that we had dreamed of and Kayla helped with each moving component of coordinating vendors, timelines, communicating with our venue, and attention to details as we planned.

We would not be more impressed with the quality of service and level of professionalism, while also staying fun and light hearted throughout 11 months of planning our wedding in Scottsdale, Arizona.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Kim · Married on 02/18/2017

Now that we have caught our breath we wanted to take some time to say THANK YOU, Whitney! Honestly, you have been so amazing to us during the past couple months. Especially with the rain issue, you were such a huge help. The whole transition inside was so smooth and well coordinated. Everyone was able to let loose and have a great time. We all couldn't imagine the day or weekend without you and the rest of the SLIC team! We really can't put into words how amazing you are! You are truly a blessing and so talented at what you do!

Please also share with Star, Chloe, and Courtney how much we appreciate their love and support on Saturday. Courtney and Chloe were AMAZING! Seriously, the sweetest girls I have ever met in my life! The SLIC "Ladies in Waiting" service is top notch and SO fantastic!

Thank you again! We love you all so much!!!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Allie · Married on 11/19/2016

Whitney at SLIC truly made my vision of my dream wedding come to life. She really understood what I was going for and perfectly executed it. My vendor team was amazing and the wedding was so smooth. I did not have one bit of stress the day of, thanks to the amazing timeline they provide. Everyone was able to stay on track the entire day. Having an assistant by my side the whole day was a major help too. This company knows what they are doing and makes you feel at ease from day 1! I am so happy with the memories of my wedding!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Missy · Married on 11/19/2016

There are so many little details on your wedding day that you just cannot take care of yourself. Our coordinator, Kayla, was awesome. She made everything so easy, so I could just enjoy the day and not stress. Well worth it.

Sent on 01/25/2017
  • User7641952 · 2+ years ago

It was a pleasure working with Kayla at SLIC (Some Like It Classic) for my son’s rehearsal dinner. My friends always teased me how lucky I was to be planning a rehearsal dinner and not a wedding…but I disagree. In my opinion a rehearsal dinner had just as many decisions to make as a wedding reception, just on a smaller scale. When I learned that the wedding would be in Phoenix, Arizona, the bride’s hometown, I knew it would be necessary to hire a wedding planner primarily to recommend vendors but also to be my voice and legs. My future daughter-in-law recommended SLIC and that was a welcome recommendation since she hired them as well for the wedding reception. It was important to me that the rehearsal dinner had its own signature theme and not just a mini version of the wedding reception. It was opportune that Kayla was knowledgeable of the wedding plans so if there were overlaps we could make changes if needed, and there were a few that occurred. I definitely had my own vision for the rehearsal dinner, and living several states away from Arizona, I had to trust Kayla that she would bring my vision to life. I flew to Phoenix three times for the planning process and each time Kayla had organized in advance meetings with vendors as well as our individual meetings at her office. After my visits in Phoenix if I had a question or concern Kayla was only a phone call away and I always felt that my rehearsal dinner was the only function on her plate. Looking back she probably had a wedding every weekend but that never entered my mind because she makes you feel that your event was the only thing on her calendar. When the big day finally came and family and friends were arriving the last thing you want to do is to be running around following up with vendors, making sure deliveries are on time and being the go-to-person. Having Kayla on my team was the best decision I made. This is when you can sit back and enjoy the evening as a proud parent. Bonnie R

Sent on 01/14/2017

Ana · Married on 11/05/2016

AMAZING LADIES! I have no idea what I would have done with out Kayla and Meren! They gave me my dream wedding! Kayla assisted with design and day of coordination. Her eye for details is amazing and tasteful. She answered all of my questions, met with me whenever I had concerns, anything! Sometimes, I even texted her at 8am because I would have Bridezilla moments. She was always there to put me at ease! I had no idea so much detail went into the day-of the wedding. For a moment--I thought I would be able to handle it alone, SO GLAD i didn't and instead hired SLIC. Meren was brilliant, quick to think of details for flowers, receptions, just all events for the day of. She's so sweet and hard working planner. The entire SLIC team is amazing and very professional, Amina is beyond sweet and seriously a wedding genius! While Riley who assisted the day-of made my day smoother by being next to me every second of the day helping with anything I needed. I will forever be grateful for the help!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Carmen · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about the Some Like it Classic team! Kayla was our day-of coordinator and looking back, I cannot imagine the day without her. She is kind, fun, organized, reliable, professional, creative--everything you could ever dream of in a wedding planner and so much more. She met with us several times before the big day, always putting my heart at ease, giving amazing suggestions and organizing the day to be the best it could be. She truly cared about building a relationship with me and was always there to put out the fires. She made me feel extremely confident in her abilities, work ethic and desire to make my day the best it could be!! The wedding went off without a hitch and I owe much of that to Kayla and her amazing assistants! I did not have to worry about one thing on my wedding day, which allowed me to truly be in the moment and enjoy the day. There is NO WAY that would have been possible without her! She executed my vision perfectly, ensured I had everything I needed (from lunch to bringing me drinks during dinner), and she even packed up all of the decor for me at the end of the night so I did not have a thing to worry about. I would recommend Kayla and SLIC in a heartbeat. They exceeded my expectations and I am SO grateful to them! Thank you, Kayla, for allowing me to truly enjoy my day and for being there for me since day one. There is no one out there I would have rather spent the day with!! XOXOX!

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • User5282034 · 2+ years ago

Thank you to Amina and team for making our wedding an absolute dream! Having a destination, mixed (Indian/American wedding, with 4+ events over a weekend, and 225 guests coming from out of town, I couldn’t have imagined a better team that could handle the chaos, the details, and little personalized touches that made our wedding weekend perfect! From day 1, we loved Amina’s designs and attention to detail when it came to décor and experience (we even had a beer burro!). Amina took all of my mismatched ideas and Pinterest dreams and brought them to life immaculately. Every detail down to individual flowers, signs, and cocktail napkins were perfection. The events surpassed my vision x10.

Through the planning process, we were really impressed with her responsiveness and ability to make anything happen. Even when we were waiting on responses from vendors, she kept us up to date on the status. Me and my husband are consultants who travel every week and are obsessed with details, spreadsheets, lists, etc. The AislePlanner application SLIC uses was a dream for us organization-nerds :) Amina maintained all of our To-Dos, budgets, contracts, etc. – we had a constant feeling that everything was under control (even ahead of the game!).

The days of the wedding weekend, her timelines and organization were impeccable. There were so many moving parts – vendors, locations, details, bride/groom needs – everything was flawless. If anything did go wrong, I wouldn’t know because Amina and team took care of everything and kept us cool and excited the whole time!

Most of all, Amina was a great partner in the process – keeping us calm and reminding us to enjoy our wedding weekend. Amina was incredibly thoughtful, flexible, happy, understanding, and encouraging throughout the process. We knew we were in good hands – we were completely hands off the wedding weekend and let Amina and team surprise us every step of the way. Thank you SLIC for creating the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/04/2016

All I can say is WOW!! We used SLIC for our wedding design. We worked with Meren and not only is she an amazing woman, but she is super talented and really helped make our dream wedding into reality!! Meren was on top of everything throughout the entire time we worked with her. She met with us regularly and made sure we got exactly what we wanted.

You honestly can't go wrong with these ladies. Super impressed!!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Blair · Married on 05/29/2016

We had Kayla as our wedding planner and she was absolutely amazing!!! She took care of everything and gave us so many great ideas. She was beyond helpful and always went above and beyond. On our wedding day her and her team were fabulous!! I didn't have to worry about anything. They took care of everything and the day could not have been more perfect. Her recommendations for vendors were incredible and I'm so glad we used all of her recommendations. She is so kind and amazing to work with!!! Kayla and her team made our dream wedding come true and she took care of everything!!! She's amazing!!

Sent on 08/10/2016

Jamie · Married on 04/30/2016

I found SLIC based on their good online reviews. We chose Whitney as our planner, and could not have been happier! She was fantastic to work with. Not only did we want someone to handle all the details of our wedding, but someone to put their creative touch into the process. Her ideas represented exactly what I was imagining. We are still hearing from guests how the reception was the best they had ever been to. Thanks again SLIC!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2016

So many thank yous to my wedding planner, Kayla. I was new to Arizona when my now husband and I got engaged. Without my family or girlfriends close by, I felt as if I needed a hand in the overall planning process. I found that and more in Kayla. I contacted her at random hours and was given tasteful advice throughout planning. We had a relatively small budget and expensive taste. When I had silly ideas, Kayla would reply saying things like "this is more on trend" or pin various alternatives on Pinterest. She was never pushy, but still helped guide me in creating a vision I loved. I also have to compliment Kayla on her readiness to have in person meetings when necessary. It always felt as if she were available to help.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Katie · Married on 04/09/2016

Wasn't planning on getting a wedding planner but decided to go with day of wedding planning so my daughter wouldn't be stressing about everything on her special day. From the minute I talked to Amina at Some Like it Classic I knew they were just what we needed. We used Whitney and from the time we signed up she couldn't have been more helpful in suggesting vendors and just keeping us on tract with what needed to be done. The day of the wedding went so smoothly with her help,and the timeline they created, everything was perfect. I can't say enough about how helpful she was and just how easy it was to work with her. If you can find it in your budget to get a day of wedding planner it is so well worth it and Some Like it Classic is the BEST.

Sent on 04/26/2016

krista · Married on 03/19/2016

Thanks to Kayla and team for helping make our destination wedding everything we ever wanted! Our 60+ guests traveling for the affair had nothing but great things to say about the wedding! They were all so impressed with the little details, something we can specifically attribute to Kayla and her skill set. Plan with Kayla, you won't regret it! :)

Sent on 04/25/2016

We recently used Some Like It Classic for our wedding in November and they were absolutely amazing. Whitney was great on so many levels. She was very organized and on top of things, every time we met with her we felt like we made a lot of progress. This was especially important as we live in Canada and had our wedding in Arizona. She took care of so many things we weren't able to be there for. Her design for our ceremony and reception was incredible. When we walked into the venue we could not believe how perfect it was, and almost every guest said it was the nicest wedding they've been to. The day of execution was flawless as well, she was so calm and made us feel very comfortable. Most importantly, she was a pleasure to work with. Happy, positive, encouraging, thoughtful, and on and on and on. We could not ask for a better wedding planner.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Kayla and Nikki of SLIC were excellent to work with on my daughter's wedding. They were responsive, organized, thorough and just very sweet. They had something for every emergency, were prepared and very helpful. Their assistance took pressure off of family members to try to know or remember what to do. They guided everyone down the aisle, coordinated with vendors, and were a pleasure to work with. The wedding was elegant and seamless and we had great fun!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Britta · Married on 10/24/2015

definitely 5/5!
    so so sooo many thanks to Whitney and Danielle! Whitney kept us organized and really helped ease the stress going into the day of the wedding. the months leading up to the big day, Whitney gave loads of advice and she was involved in everything. throughout the whole planning process she kept a all the vendors on the same page and in the loop. the day of the wedding couldn't have gone more perfectly and smooth. everything went as planned and played out just right :) Daneille was by my side the whole day running around making sure I was taken care of and she always did everything with a smile. thank you ladies, the day wouldn't have been so perfect if it weren't for you two!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Sally · Married on 10/24/2015

Working with Whitney Lewis Fancher and the Some Like It Classic team was absolutely the best! We hired Whitney as a Day of Coordinator but she was involved in so much more! Her expert advise, great vendor vendor connections, attention to detail and ability to keep everyone on task was invaluable. She was a joy to work with and so much fun to be around. I loved that she coordinated all the vendors and that they work together so much that they produce a seamless magical event! We had the best team EVER! I recommend hiring SLIC before you do anything else when planning your wedding! On the Wedding Day, Whitney and her team were everywhere but they blended in and did not draw attention to themselves. Once our family and friends arrived we could just enjoy them and did not have to worry about one detail knowing that Whitney and her team had it all under control. Choosing SLIC will make your dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 10/31/2015
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 10/24/2015

Ashton and Stephanie are the best!!!!!!! I would 100% recommend their services to everyone!!

I had a terrible experience with another wedding planner and called Some Like It Classic just over a month before my wedding. As soon as I spoke with Ashton, I knew she would be the perfect planner and coordinator! She got my vision within minutes and I felt totally comfortable with her handling my wedding from that moment on. She was super sweet, responsive, engaging, and organized from the beginning. She contributed great ideas and really just made sure everything was perfect. I did the Luck be a Lady package and one of the things I like most about Some Like It Classic, is that they were there to perform any task needed in order to make the day smoother for me. I contacted a few other planners/coordinators that had certain tasks they wouldn't do, which leaves you with the question of if you need something desperately on the day of, will they not do it because "it's not part of your package." I didn't have to worry about this at all with Ashton and Stephanie and for that I am so grateful!

Everything went beautifully on my wedding day and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Ashton handled everything at the venue and Stephanie took care of us all getting ready and throughout the wedding. They went above and beyond in numerous ways, including dealing with an emergency; so much so, that I barely remember it even happened! My husband thought that planners were a waste of money (especially considering our previous experience); but in the end, even he said that Ashton and Stephanie were worth every penny.

Thank you both so much!! You definitely made our day perfect!

Sent on 05/17/2016

Shea · Married on 09/26/2015

Whitney & the team at SLIC were amazing to work with from beginning to end. I was a good way through the planning process when I got stuck at the point of actually having to select all the design elements, flowers, etc. - I could see it all in my head but had no idea how to make it all come together in real life! With that challenge and knowing I wanted a day-of coordinator I sought out SLIC for some help.

They worked with me to put together a package that would fit my needs, Whitney helped me put my ideas into the right words to communicate to various vendors and truly made my dream wedding vision come to life on the big day. Everything I had pictured in my head was there and looked amazing that day thanks to Whitney's eye for detail and ability to truly listen to the wants/needs of her client and then execute them beautifully!

I am typically a very organized, detail-oriented person, but having a full-time job and planning a large wedding at the level of detail I desired became too much to handle about half-way through. If you are looking for someone who shares your love of lists, spreadsheets, and organization, who can communicate with all of the vendors for you, and who is flexible enough to work around your M-F 8-5 job and still plan a well-thought out, detailed, and organized event - Whitney at Some Like it Classic is your girl! From beginning to end I felt that Whitney had it all under control and if there was ever a time I was confused, had questions, or didn't like the direction something was going with a vendor she was always there to handle it with a smile.

The week of the wedding, and especially on the big day, it was such a blessing to have Whitney and her team behind us. They proved their worth again and again, and all of my family and bridal party commented on how easy and stress-free the weekend was due to their help.

If you're at all considering hiring a planner - call them! You won't regret it. Thank you Whitney & team!!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Katelyn · Married on 09/05/2015

Some Like it Classic is the absolute best! Working with them was a wedding highlight for me and they added so much to our wedding. From the planning process to final execution everyone on their team (Amina, Whitney, Kayla, Ashton, etc) was organized, friendly and so creative. I can honestly say that there is no way my wedding would have been so well planned or well executed without these ladies! I will be having all of my friends work with them moving forward!

Sent on 09/12/2015