Solid Sound Music Reviews

7 | Grandville, MI

7 Reviews for Solid Sound Music

Alexandra · Married on 08/25/2018

Friendly, Affordable, Flexible

We hired Matt to be a DJ for our August wedding and he was so wonderful to work with! He was extremely flexible when it came to creating music playlists and we could just tell that he was 100% committed to making our day go perfectly. Very professional and affordable. Thank you so much for being part of our special day!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Arthur · Married on 06/10/2017

Matt of Solid Sound Music was great to work with, and set up the entertainment for our wedding. He was very flexible with our meeting times, and very receptive to our ideas. You could tell right away that he was there for us, to make sure our day would go perfectly. Matt sent us Angie Hohbach to DJ and she was just AWESOME! She was incredibly cooperative when it came to our particular requests, and she was able to be flexible and "wing-it" when we went off schedule. Angie's professionalism and personality really got things moving! Angie came early, and set-up and broke down everything quickly and on time. She is an absolutely lovely person, and great to work with.

I couldn't recommend Matt Plessner or Angie strongly enough for your wedding, or other function.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Rachael · Married on 05/12/2017

Matt was incredible to work with. He is extremely professional and friendly, respectful, and reliable. He has a great personality and did a fantastic job at encouraging our guests to dance and have fun!! He is very pleasant all the way around and we could not have asked for a better DJ service. Great guy, great company, and a perfect experience. Thank you for making our wedding an absolutely amazing night! Will definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Bethany · Married on 10/23/2015

Matt (owner) was excellent to work with. He was so flexible and accomodating to exactly what we wanted. He played exactly what we asked for and took requests. People were on the dance floor all night and many guests complimented my choice of djs! Not only that, but he was affordable!! I highly recommend Solid Sound!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 03/28/2015

Matt with Solid Sound Music was great! We interviewed several DJs before we settled on one, and Matt was a great combination of funny, charming, and professional. He was very accommodating, working with us to find something that worked within our budget. He didn't miss a beat whenever we needed him to make an announcement or make small changes here or there. I would absolutely recommend him!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Meredith · Married on 06/25/2016

My new husband and I were pleased with our decision to go with Solid Sound Music. Matt was extremely personable and did a great job emceeing our reception. His music choices kept people of all ages out on the dance floor. I danced all night long!

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/05/2018

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT HIRE. We interviewed Matt Plesner (owner) along with 2 other DJs. His interview went well, but there was someone else we liked more. When we told Matt that we picked someone else, he started harassing both myself and my fiance. I received numerous emails and Facebook friend requests. When I finally responded asking him to leave us alone he was extremely angry and completely unprofessional.

Sent on 05/25/2017

Solid Sound Music's reply:

Sara, thank you for your thoughtful words! I would like to first disclose that I have never worked with this person. Secondly, these "numerous emails and Facebook friend requests" were actually maybe 3 emails making final suggestions as just open thoughts and standard questions regarding their decision (because we always strive to better and broaden our spectrum and know if there are areas that we can improve upon).
    The "multiple friend requests" was actually one request that was sent immediately before the initial meeting that I believe was still pending. The "extremely angry and completely unprofessional" response that was brought up was in response to some angry and borderline verbally abusive Facebook messages I received from her (which I have saved and witnessed) whereby she refused to even identify who she was until the end of the conversation. Naturally, the situation was dealt with in the same manner that would be done with any other such messages from an unknown person. We meet with tons of clients and potential clients all the time, so it's expected that we might not recognize a name right away. But we do care very much about the people we help, and we take that very seriously. We NEVER continue emailing someone if they have told us not to. And that never happened. Solid Sound's main goal is make sure EVERYTHING within our power goes smoothly and stress free. It can understandably be frustrating to receive emails that you are not interested in, however, in this case, it was simply a standard follow-up email after she expressed interest in possibly working with us. Nothing more. Attacking a person's personal pages and leaving multiple reviews under multiple names multiple times is excessive and NOT the answer. Thank you for being patient, and we hope to still be of service to everyone that we can! - Matt