26 Reviews for Solas Studios

25 Solas Studios Reviews

So happy we went with Solas Studios! Being a photographer myself it was no easy task finding someone who met up to what i was looking for. But luckily i did! They were very fun, easy going, and even willing to do some of our own ideas! We laughed and joked which made everything for us more comfortable since we all know i am way more comfortable behind the camera than in front lol. The end product was beautiful and we couldn't be happier to have found them and have them capture our special day for us! Highly recommend choosing Colleen and Greg for your wedding if you want a ton of awesome, fun, high quality images to remember your day by!

Profile Picture Cortney, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We couldn't be happier that we hired Solas Studios for our wedding! We recently had our engagement session with them and they were fun, professional and very creative with the shots they chose. The pictures we've seen so far and other pictures on their site are gorgeous and really stand out against other engagement photos I've seen. Colleen and Greg are fun and easy to work with, and make us feel very comfortable. They also spent a significant amount of time getting to know us in our initial consultation, more time than any other vendor we've hired, including our officiant. Their pictures are stunning, and they do a great job of telling a personal story with their photos. They also have listened to and addressed our concerns and suggestions. We cannot wait to work with them again at our wedding!

Profile Picture User4152100, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

I'm so happy we chose Solas Studios as our wedding photographers. When I was comparing different photographers, Solas Studios stood out with their bright, beautiful colors and heartfelt moments that they caught with their photos. Their prices were also some of the most reasonable I found.

After meeting with Colleen and Greg, they seemed very personable and organized. They sent out a series of questionnaires to help make sure they got a good feel for what we wanted.

The actual day of the wedding Colleen and Greg were awesome. They were cheerful and relaxed, while still being organized and professional. They seemed like they were having fun and really enjoying what they do. It was nice having both of them there, so many angles and aspects of the wedding were caught all at the same time. They were also great at getting the formal photos done in a short period of time. While most of their packages include full day coverage, we chose one that had 6 hours of coverage. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain on our wedding day, so we decided to do fewer formal photos. Colleen and Greg were able to get beautiful shots, even in a dark indoor venue they captured gorgeous colors and flattering lighting. They also got some amazing shots of my husband and I in the rain (under umbrellas). Colleen and Greg were willing to get soaked in order to get artistic portraits. They even stayed later in the night to make sure they got a large number of guest pictures too.

Overall, out of all of my vendors, I am most happy with my choice of Solas Studios. They are a great team, you can't go wrong. The only thing I would have changed is to have chosen a bigger package so we could have had an engagement session too. (My husband and I had even thought about doing a "honeymoon shoot" to make up for it.)

Profile Picture Melody, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg are very professional and great to work with. We felt like we had nothing to worry about they had everything under control and they were great with keeping us on task. The engagement and wedding photos came out perfect. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User6051222, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg were fantastic! They took wonderful photos and were a great time! They make you feel so comfortable when you first meet them! I cannot wait to see my wedding pictures!

Profile Picture User2723625, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Colleen & Greg made the planning process so smooth and easy & our wedding day went just as smooth. They were troopers in the freezing temperatures, trudging through snow, dealing with our crazy bridal party, yet capturing so many special photos. They were fun and professional, as was the assistant they brought along. The photos from our day are absolutely stunning. They captured so many priceless moments that we will always love!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The biggest regret I have read about having a wedding was the quality of the photography because people wanted to "save money". The term you get what you pay for" applies 100% to wedding photography and was not something my husband I and were willing taking a chance on. With that said, Collen and Greg are epically amazing! Nothing you plan ever turns out the way you planned but Colleen and Greg make it work and go with the flow. Both are fantastic Photographers and I didn't even notice they were there most of the day, yet we received amazing photos. My entire family can not stop talking about how wonderful and respectful they were to everyone. We live out of state and they worked around our schedules very well to do our engagement photos and had meetings over the phone. They were very easy going and fun to be around. The biggest honor I can give to them however, is their attention to detail, which if you know me is huge. They got to know us, what was going on in our lives and why it was important and incorporated that into their photography. My family was in shock, and loved it dearly. So thank you Greg and Colleen, for doing amazing job. I know my family and us would recommend them 100% to anyone who needs a photographer. I am 100% happy with the results.

~Amanda and TIm Harris

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I are wedding professionals ourselves. I am a wedding planner, and my husband a professional wedding photographer. Therefore, you can imagine how difficult it was for him to find a photographer for our wedding! When we met with Colleen and Greg, they were so patient and understanding while they answered every question (there were a lot). They are a confident, professional, extremely talented, fun to be around husband and wife team. Together with Colleen's awe inspiring detail shots, and Greg's astonishing landscape shots, the "sneak-peak" that my husband and I received took our breath away. We knew that we had chosen the right team to capture some of the most important moments of our lives! Thank you Colleen and Greg for helping make our day exactly how we pictured it!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/5/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg are such wonderfully special people. Not only are they so incredibly talented, they have such a warm great way about them that you tend to forget they aren't part of your family on your wedding day! They deserve more than 5 stars! I would give them 10!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough about Colleen and Greg!! They were wonderful to work with and make a great team. From the first few minutes of meeting them, I knew they were the right choice. They told us about themselves and took the time to get to know us and our story. They were able to handle our crazy wedding party and our pictures are amazing. We did the engagement session, which I highly recommend. It gave us time to get comfortable with them and made things easier on the day of the wedding. Plus we got some amazing photos from it.

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We cannot say enough about our experience with Colleen and Greg and how beautifully they captured the elements of the best day ever. We felt that we “clicked” with them from our first video chat. We could tell that their passion for what they do, the way they wanted to get to know us as a couple, and all of their creative/unique ideas were just what we were looking for in photographers for our wedding. Solas Studios came highly recommended to us. As soon as we saw their work, we knew we had made our final decision!
As personable and fun as Colleen and Greg are to be around, they are equally as professional, organized, and full of wisdom and creativity! Their questionnaire and advice they provided us guided us to think through some critical decisions about how we wanted our big day to be captured. We were always how much we loved working with them and how we couldn't wait to have them by our side throughout our day!
To say that Colleen and Greg went above and beyond to capture our day and help everything run beautifully would be an understatement. They really helped us keep our cool and our focus on what is most important. Their assistant, Paula, was amazing and stopped at nothing to lend her helping hands when needed, even to help zip the dress!
1 of the ways you can see how much passion Colleen and Greg have about their work is to read their blog posts. You can see how they strive to have the individuality of each couple shine through. BOTH posts brought tears, laughter, and all of the emotions we experienced at our wedding back to us as we recounted the moments captured in our sneak peek photos. They also surprised us with a quicker than expected turn around of ALL of our photos! The shots are even more stunning than we could have imagined. Our friends and family continue to rave about the pictures. We cannot say enough about how wonderful the Solas Studios team was to work with! We would recommend their high quality talent to anyone!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg are AMAZING! They were super professional to work with as photographers but also know how to have fun and make their clients feel comfortable! As far as their photographs go, everything we've seen so far has turned out beautifully and my hubby and I cannot wait for the rest of our photos! All of our guests loved Colleen and Greg as well and I could not have asked for a better duo for our big day! Thank you so much to Colleen and Greg for helping to document our day in such a special way :)

Profile Picture Casey, 9/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Greg and Colleen are amazing to work with! They capture beautiful details and moments that I would have never seen as a bride. I would highly recommend an engagement shoot before the big day to get to know them and used to the idea of posing for the camera. It gets a lot of the awkwardness out of the way! I would highly recommend Solas Studios, they are professional, timely and make sure their client gets what they want!

Profile Picture User3576667, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the very beginning, my husband and I fell in love with Colleen and Greg. When we first met them, we felt right at home and so comfortable, and after seeing their work - we knew we had to have them! Colleen & Greg did our engagement photos in the dead of winter, in the snow, and made it so fun despite the chilling weather! All the photos they took from the rehearsal dinner to the wedding day were exquisite, and the edits and attention to detail were perfect. Anyone who does not choose Solas Studios as their photographer is truly missing out. Their value, responsiveness, and high quality work undoubtedly goes unmatched in their area. We would pick them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 5/10/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We can not say enough about Colleen and Greg. They are simply awesome. They met with us on several occasions before our wedding and took the time to get to know us and our style. The prints and the album are spectacular. They were very receptive to suggestions and request for poses & locations. We didnt even know they were there while they captured our day. They are not overbearing they simply capture every moment. We would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Rosie & Sue, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg of Solas Studios were the most amazing wedding photographers and then some!! I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married in the New York region (or anywhere else, they like to travel). My husband and I were both apprehensive about having our pictures taken, but Colleen and Greg made us feel so comfortable we knew we made the right choice by going with them before we even saw how our engagement photos came out. Their wedding package is both affordable and comprehensive. Our wedding was a little unique and they were more than flexible with having to "rough it" a little to capture our Adirondack vision. Their combination of photography styles made for hundreds and hundreds of amazing pictures that made our vision come alive with photographs we will cherish for the rest our lives. We can't express enough how thrilled we were that we chose Solas Studios for this once in a lifetime experience!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg were great! They helped us capture the day perfectly; they got the special moments, the little details, and the formal shots we wanted, without even having to be prompted. I didn't realize all the little things that you really want to remember from your special day, but they made sure to capture them.

Profile Picture Mara, 7/28/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

By the end of the night my whole family love them. Colleen and Greg are both very professional but now how to let lose also. The pictures turned out to amazing and we all are very happy. Having a list of pictures they take before the wedding really helped us figure what other pictures we would need to add on. We had 265 + people and they did a great job capturing all the craziness!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 5/21/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Solas Studios did my Wedding on May 20, 2011. They showed great professionalism and at the same time very personable. The pictures came out absolutely fabulous. We also ordered the album with our package. The album was the most fascinating album I had ever seem. It wasn't a normal one where you threw pictures in. It was heavy and durable and the pictures were put into it like a story book. My sister is next to get married and she will be defiantly be going to Solas Studios. Don't make a mistake and go somewhere else!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/20/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg were great to work with. They are both very pleasant and professional. We have many beautiful, high quality photos from our wedding that we will be able to enjoy for years!

Profile Picture User2542849, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg were wonderful and super easy to work with. We planned our wedding from out of state and they coordinated in-person meetings when we were in town and arranged several phone calls to plan our special day when we couldn't be nearby. I definitely encourage an engagement session, it helped us get to know them and them to know us so there were no surprises on the wedding day! Besides the amazing photos, I LOVE how we planned EVERY MINUTE of our wedding coverage so neither of them missed a beat. They knew our schedule and stuck to it, and were great with coming up with a plan B when it rained! The photos turned out gorgeous, and they are continuing to work with us in a very timely manner to get us the prints and photo album we want. We wholeheartedly recommend them!!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
4.7

Colleen and Greg were great! They made sure they knew what we wanted in advance and were really nice and flexible. Having both of them was good because they each have a slightly different style and they split up before the wedding to capture getting ready moments of the guys and the girls.

Profile Picture User3552840, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Coleen and Greg are an amazing photography powerhouse. They work with whatever you ask them to do and make great photos for your wedding day. We are very happy with our results!

Profile Picture stefanie, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Colleen and Greg were a great couple who took pictures at our daughter's wedding...they captured many poses of the wedding couple and guest..thoughout the day...we paid extra for them to stay at the reception longer inorder to get more pictures hoping to get all the guest at the reception which they did very well...

Profile Picture User1702201, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews