Solas Studios Reviews

Solas Studios 2
  • Nettie

Nettie Emery · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing Experience!

Incredible experience with Solas Studios! This duo brings an amazing combination of professionalism and talent to the table. They captured our wedding day in a way that felt natural and they made sure we got the shots we really wanted. I will always go to Solas Studios whenever I need an event photographer, and you should too!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Solas Studios 3

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you, Nettie, for allowing us the privilege of being there with you both on such an extraordinary day! We can't adequately express how lucky we are to have met you both, and experience such a lovely wedding celebration! You both are such a wonderful people; both separately and as a couple! We will always hold your wedding day in high regard, and we know it will be one we talk about for years to come!

Warm Regards,
    Colleen and Greg

Sarah Shanahan-Goode · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Photographers !!!!!

Loved the entire experience. Amazing pictures, fun and professional couple. I found my new photographers for all my special occations !! I highly recommend them !!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you, Sarah! Any couple that incorporates cats and Queen into the same wedding is alright with us! Thank you for trusting us with your important memories and being such wonderful clients! :)
  • Timothy

Timothy Harris · Married on 10/20/2018

Solas Studios highly recommended

Solas Studios was amazing for my wedding. I really cant say enough about how professional Colleen & Greg are. They really captured the moments in my wedding to my wife. They were punctual , had great ideas for photos and were always there to answer our questions . Hope to work with again in the future with our kids

Solas Studios's reply:

You have been such a joy to work with - I feel like we could sit and chat for hours with you two, and even talk about everything but photography or weddings! You're a great match for each other, and it was a great wedding to end our season with!
  • Mr &

Mr & Mrs Nguyen · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing Service!

My wife and I know both know how difficult and time consuming it can when searching for a wedding photographer. You have to find a photographer that suit your needs and will work around your timeframe and schedule. After much research, we went with Solas Studios. They were very helpful and help simplified the whole process. We couldn’t be happier, Solas captured all of the priceless memories on our wedding day.

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Solas Studios 4

Solas Studios's reply:

Guys, thank you both for such a lovely review! We enjoyed getting to share in your entire wedding experience, and especially loved getting to finish the journey by designing such an amazing album set with you! Working with you two was really a privilege for us both!

Tamera Marie Byrd · Married on 06/03/2018

Professional and Amazing

Colleen and Greg went out of their way to accommodate our needs. They went above and beyond. The photography skills of the two of them compliment each other so well. Colleen made the most beautiful movie combining all of the images and picked the absolute perfect song. We can't thank them enough. We highly recommend them to everyone we know.

Solas Studios's reply:

We're so glad you enjoyed the slideshow! You guys had a lovely day, and the perfect location for your wedding and your portraits. It was an honor for us to be there with you both, and witnessing your commitment to each other! Many years of love and happiness to you both! :)

Blank · Married on 05/19/2018

Creative and professional!

Amazing to work with these folks!

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you guys so much for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day, and for the lovely review! Your unique wedding ideas AND menu have come up in many conversations since! Best wishes! :)

Kevin · Married on 07/16/2016

Let's start off with a disclaimer: If you are looking to have a budget wedding in which you are happy to trade the quality of your pictures/experience to save a few bucks just walk away now.

These two were fabulous. Words cannot describe the looks on our face when we finally saw our wedding album. We sat there in awe at the attention to detail they provided. Not only did they find our 'good side' but they also made each picture look like it was straight out of a fairy tale.

The dynamic of both of them is night and day between them. In Greg you find quietness, solace, and structure.., in her you find eccentricity, leadership and direction. Coming to both of them as a client - we knew generally what we wanted - right? We quickly became overwhelmed at the details that go into documenting/picturing your perfect day. They not only knew this, but they were willing to comfort us and give us direction - all without us having to ask.

Without rambling on, I truly believe that per dollar this is the best quality you can receive. If that isn't incentive enough, you get their leadership, personality, and caring for absolutely free. We were very picky clients, who even took the time to dissect their contract (it was good - by the way), and we cannot be more pleased.

Do yourself a favor - hire them if you can - before they book up.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you, Kevin, for such a detailed review of your experience with us! We were delighted to have worked alongside you and your beautiful bride this summer! Being able to make your wedding visions into a reality was a rewarding experience for us as well. Your wedding day WAS very much like a fairy tale, and we are honored to have been a part of it! We hope that you enjoy your wedding album for many years to come - it's one of our all time favorites!

Cortney · Married on 06/25/2016

So happy we went with Solas Studios! Being a photographer myself it was no easy task finding someone who met up to what i was looking for. But luckily i did! They were very fun, easy going, and even willing to do some of our own ideas! We laughed and joked which made everything for us more comfortable since we all know i am way more comfortable behind the camera than in front lol. The end product was beautiful and we couldn't be happier to have found them and have them capture our special day for us! Highly recommend choosing Colleen and Greg for your wedding if you want a ton of awesome, fun, high quality images to remember your day by!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you, Cortney, for such a sweet review! We know very well how awkward it is to be in front of the camera, when you're so used to being behind it. We're very grateful that you chose us, among your many options, to be part of your day, and it was a pleasure getting to work with you both! We had a lot of fun making such awesome images with you, and incorporating your ideas into both the engagement session and the wedding portraits! We wish you both all the best, and many years of love and happiness!

We couldn't be happier that we hired Solas Studios for our wedding! We recently had our engagement session with them and they were fun, professional and very creative with the shots they chose. The pictures we've seen so far and other pictures on their site are gorgeous and really stand out against other engagement photos I've seen. Colleen and Greg are fun and easy to work with, and make us feel very comfortable. They also spent a significant amount of time getting to know us in our initial consultation, more time than any other vendor we've hired, including our officiant. Their pictures are stunning, and they do a great job of telling a personal story with their photos. They also have listened to and addressed our concerns and suggestions. We cannot wait to work with them again at our wedding!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Melody · Married on 09/12/2015

I'm so happy we chose Solas Studios as our wedding photographers. When I was comparing different photographers, Solas Studios stood out with their bright, beautiful colors and heartfelt moments that they caught with their photos. Their prices were also some of the most reasonable I found.

After meeting with Colleen and Greg, they seemed very personable and organized. They sent out a series of questionnaires to help make sure they got a good feel for what we wanted.

The actual day of the wedding Colleen and Greg were awesome. They were cheerful and relaxed, while still being organized and professional. They seemed like they were having fun and really enjoying what they do. It was nice having both of them there, so many angles and aspects of the wedding were caught all at the same time. They were also great at getting the formal photos done in a short period of time. While most of their packages include full day coverage, we chose one that had 6 hours of coverage. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain on our wedding day, so we decided to do fewer formal photos. Colleen and Greg were able to get beautiful shots, even in a dark indoor venue they captured gorgeous colors and flattering lighting. They also got some amazing shots of my husband and I in the rain (under umbrellas). Colleen and Greg were willing to get soaked in order to get artistic portraits. They even stayed later in the night to make sure they got a large number of guest pictures too.

Overall, out of all of my vendors, I am most happy with my choice of Solas Studios. They are a great team, you can't go wrong. The only thing I would have changed is to have chosen a bigger package so we could have had an engagement session too. (My husband and I had even thought about doing a "honeymoon shoot" to make up for it.)

Sent on 10/30/2015

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you so much, Melody, for your kind words about your experience with us! We had such a wonderful time working with you and Adam, and seeing the two of you enjoy your day - despite the rainy weather! Thank you so much for trusting us with your memories, and getting a little wet to make great portraits! Let's talk about doing an anniversary session next year! <3

Karen · Married on 07/31/2015

Absolutely the best!

The BEST photography by far! Colleen and Greg are extremely talented and professional. They are organized, responsive, fun, easy to work with, and their work is a cut above the rest. My husband and I are complimented constantly on the amazing photos they took of our wedding - so many perfect shots! We had a BLAST with them at meetings, the engagement session, and the wedding, because they are fantastic photographers and awesome people. Highly, highly recommend. If you have the chance to book Solas Studios for your event, don't miss out. Working with them is the best decision we made when planning our big day!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Solas Studios's reply:

Thank you, Karen, for leaving such a lovely testimony of your experience with us! It was such a joy getting to work with you both, and your families for such an amazing celebration! The two of you were so much fun to work with, and we wish we could do it all over again!

Colleen and Greg are very professional and great to work with. We felt like we had nothing to worry about they had everything under control and they were great with keeping us on task. The engagement and wedding photos came out perfect. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Colleen and Greg were fantastic! They took wonderful photos and were a great time! They make you feel so comfortable when you first meet them! I cannot wait to see my wedding pictures!

Sent on 06/21/2015

Danielle · Married on 12/31/2014

Colleen & Greg made the planning process so smooth and easy & our wedding day went just as smooth. They were troopers in the freezing temperatures, trudging through snow, dealing with our crazy bridal party, yet capturing so many special photos. They were fun and professional, as was the assistant they brought along. The photos from our day are absolutely stunning. They captured so many priceless moments that we will always love!!

Sent on 10/31/2015

Amanda · Married on 10/11/2014

The biggest regret I have read about having a wedding was the quality of the photography because people wanted to "save money". The term you get what you pay for" applies 100% to wedding photography and was not something my husband I and were willing taking a chance on. With that said, Collen and Greg are epically amazing! Nothing you plan ever turns out the way you planned but Colleen and Greg make it work and go with the flow. Both are fantastic Photographers and I didn't even notice they were there most of the day, yet we received amazing photos. My entire family can not stop talking about how wonderful and respectful they were to everyone. We live out of state and they worked around our schedules very well to do our engagement photos and had meetings over the phone. They were very easy going and fun to be around. The biggest honor I can give to them however, is their attention to detail, which if you know me is huge. They got to know us, what was going on in our lives and why it was important and incorporated that into their photography. My family was in shock, and loved it dearly. So thank you Greg and Colleen, for doing amazing job. I know my family and us would recommend them 100% to anyone who needs a photographer. I am 100% happy with the results.

~Amanda and TIm Harris

Sent on 10/24/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2014

My husband and I are wedding professionals ourselves. I am a wedding planner, and my husband a professional wedding photographer. Therefore, you can imagine how difficult it was for him to find a photographer for our wedding! When we met with Colleen and Greg, they were so patient and understanding while they answered every question (there were a lot). They are a confident, professional, extremely talented, fun to be around husband and wife team. Together with Colleen's awe inspiring detail shots, and Greg's astonishing landscape shots, the "sneak-peak" that my husband and I received took our breath away. We knew that we had chosen the right team to capture some of the most important moments of our lives! Thank you Colleen and Greg for helping make our day exactly how we pictured it!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Megan · Married on 09/27/2014

Colleen and Greg are such wonderfully special people. Not only are they so incredibly talented, they have such a warm great way about them that you tend to forget they aren't part of your family on your wedding day! They deserve more than 5 stars! I would give them 10!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Kristin · Married on 08/30/2014

I cannot say enough about Colleen and Greg!! They were wonderful to work with and make a great team. From the first few minutes of meeting them, I knew they were the right choice. They told us about themselves and took the time to get to know us and our story. They were able to handle our crazy wedding party and our pictures are amazing. We did the engagement session, which I highly recommend. It gave us time to get comfortable with them and made things easier on the day of the wedding. Plus we got some amazing photos from it.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

We cannot say enough about our experience with Colleen and Greg and how beautifully they captured the elements of the best day ever. We felt that we “clicked” with them from our first video chat. We could tell that their passion for what they do, the way they wanted to get to know us as a couple, and all of their creative/unique ideas were just what we were looking for in photographers for our wedding. Solas Studios came highly recommended to us. As soon as we saw their work, we knew we had made our final decision!
    As personable and fun as Colleen and Greg are to be around, they are equally as professional, organized, and full of wisdom and creativity! Their questionnaire and advice they provided us guided us to think through some critical decisions about how we wanted our big day to be captured. We were always how much we loved working with them and how we couldn't wait to have them by our side throughout our day!
    To say that Colleen and Greg went above and beyond to capture our day and help everything run beautifully would be an understatement. They really helped us keep our cool and our focus on what is most important. Their assistant, Paula, was amazing and stopped at nothing to lend her helping hands when needed, even to help zip the dress!
    1 of the ways you can see how much passion Colleen and Greg have about their work is to read their blog posts. You can see how they strive to have the individuality of each couple shine through. BOTH posts brought tears, laughter, and all of the emotions we experienced at our wedding back to us as we recounted the moments captured in our sneak peek photos. They also surprised us with a quicker than expected turn around of ALL of our photos! The shots are even more stunning than we could have imagined. Our friends and family continue to rave about the pictures. We cannot say enough about how wonderful the Solas Studios team was to work with! We would recommend their high quality talent to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2014

Casey · Married on 09/07/2013

Colleen and Greg are AMAZING! They were super professional to work with as photographers but also know how to have fun and make their clients feel comfortable! As far as their photographs go, everything we've seen so far has turned out beautifully and my hubby and I cannot wait for the rest of our photos! All of our guests loved Colleen and Greg as well and I could not have asked for a better duo for our big day! Thank you so much to Colleen and Greg for helping to document our day in such a special way :)

Sent on 10/03/2013

Greg and Colleen are amazing to work with! They capture beautiful details and moments that I would have never seen as a bride. I would highly recommend an engagement shoot before the big day to get to know them and used to the idea of posing for the camera. It gets a lot of the awkwardness out of the way! I would highly recommend Solas Studios, they are professional, timely and make sure their client gets what they want!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Stefanie · Married on 05/10/2013

From the very beginning, my husband and I fell in love with Colleen and Greg. When we first met them, we felt right at home and so comfortable, and after seeing their work - we knew we had to have them! Colleen & Greg did our engagement photos in the dead of winter, in the snow, and made it so fun despite the chilling weather! All the photos they took from the rehearsal dinner to the wedding day were exquisite, and the edits and attention to detail were perfect. Anyone who does not choose Solas Studios as their photographer is truly missing out. Their value, responsiveness, and high quality work undoubtedly goes unmatched in their area. We would pick them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Rosie & Sue · Married on 09/29/2012

We can not say enough about Colleen and Greg. They are simply awesome. They met with us on several occasions before our wedding and took the time to get to know us and our style. The prints and the album are spectacular. They were very receptive to suggestions and request for poses & locations. We didnt even know they were there while they captured our day. They are not overbearing they simply capture every moment. We would highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/23/2013
  • User2742665 · event on 09/23/2012

Greg and Colleen were so much fun to work with but still very professional. They listened to any ideas we had that we wanted to incorporate while also suggesting their own unique yet awesome ideas. All the pictures came out great and I cannot wait to work with them again!

Sent on 10/29/2012