Social Tap Catering Reviews

Social Tap Catering 1
  • Stephnie

Stephnie Billings · Getting married on 02/29/2020

Flexible and responsive

Social Tap was the first vendor I had contacted about catering our reception. I was pretty clueless about pricing and what it may include, or more importantly what it may not include that I didn’t know about.

Brant contacted me fairly quickly after my request. We kept in touch through several emails and phone calls as he explained the different options and pricing. He was very willing to plan a menu that would be within our budget yet still impress our guests. We were easily able to come up with a good time for a tasting despite our busy work schedules.

Unfortunately our venue did not work out for us. We ended up going with a place that is all inclusive. But I’m sure otherwise we would have booked Social Tap due to Brant. He was very accommodating and Informative. I don’t like when vendors are aggressive and seem to only want your money, and this was definitely not the case here. Another factor was the prices. Upon doing more research, they were quite reasonable.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Social Tap Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I wish you the best with your wedding and please let me know if we can be of service in the future.
  • Ryan

Ryan Lange · Married on 06/15/2019

Catered our wedding with bar service

My wife and I chose social tap to cater our wedding after being recommended from our wedding planner. Our tasting with social tap was awesome! Brant, the owner, let us sample his most recommended items and they were ALL DELICIOUS. He was amazing during the whole planning process and outlined everything in detail so we knew exactly what to expect on the day of the wedding. His communication was excellent, he really listened to our wants and needs and delivered flawlessly. We had A LOT of compliments from our guests, most of which went back for seconds and thirds! Social tap provided everything we needed from a caterer, they executed the cocktail hour, the dinner with apps and drinks flawlessly, the food was delicious, and the process was painless! Highly recommended for a one stop shop in catering and bar service.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Social Tap Catering's reply:

Thanks, Ryan. It was a pleasure serving you and your bride. Thank you for being such gracious hosts. Your guests were amazing and fun to work with as were you during the entire process. Please let me host you for a night out at our restaurant when you're back in town.

Maryssa · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing service great hospitality and communication

My husband and I chose Social Tap to cater our wedding. The entire process of choosing a menu, making sure that everything was the way we needed it was smooth. Our organizer Brant, made sure to keep open lines of communication and reminded us of details that we may have forgotten otherwise. On the day of the wedding the staff was nothing but exemplary, and the food tasted just as good as the day we did the testing. Social Tap had a large part to play in making that day absolutely perfect and they played that part perfectly. I highly recommend Social Tap for your catering needs, thanks again Brant and Desiree.

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Duering · Married on 06/09/2019

Fantastic choice

We chose Social Taps (Brant) to cater our wedding and we were NOT disappointed. From the start, Brant was open to our ideas and explored what food choices were would best for us. He was able to make adjustments to meet the needs of us and our guests. All the guests raved about the food and several went back for seconds and thirds. We would highly recommend Social Taps to anyone!

Sent on 06/23/2019

Social Tap Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind works, Kristin. It was a pleasure serving you and your guests. I wish you the best.
  • heather

heather · Married on 02/22/2019

Amazing food and service!

Wedding planning was extremely overwhelming, so many choices and so many vendors to choose from I didn’t know where to start. After my very first phone call with Brant from Social Tap I knew I found our caterer! He genuinely cared about my vision for what I wanted but also knew exactly how to work with my budget and make sure our wedding was as stress free as possible. He was so quick to respond and always available when I had any questions. Brant and his whole team did an amazing job at our wedding! We went with the taco bar and had beer and wine. Everyone was so impressed with the food, drinks and service! I highly recommend choosing them so your wedding can be as perfect and stress free as possible!! Thank you Social Tap!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Social Tap Catering's reply:

Thank you, Heather. It was a pleasure serving you and Regan!! We truly appreciate that you trusted us with your wedding service and were honored to be a part of it.

Crystal Stasch · Married on 11/16/2018

Social Tap Catering - They nailed it!

Social Tap recently catered the baby shower I threw for my brother’s wife and also hosted the guys at the restaurant during the shower, so we got to experience both their catering menu & service as well as their in-house dining.

Brant planned and created a perfect menu for the ladies: charcuterie board with meats, cheeses, jams, jellies, seasonal fruit, mixes nuts and crackers, two different wraps – bbq chicken and shrimp Ceasar, jalapeno cheddar corn soufflé, & summer penne pasta. The day of the party, Jake and his team were polite, attentive, professional, timely, and the food was beautiful – especially the table-sized charcuterie board which was put together on-site and ready for when guests when they started to arrive. The food was light but filling and very flavorful. We had a lot of great feedback on the party regarding the food from my family for days after the event. The food and presentation was memorable – I was extremely pleased with everything that was served.

The guys at the restaurant ordered off-menu and as such had an array of different foods: wings, burgers, tacos... you name it, they had it. The restaurant was packed for Sunday football, but they were never rushed by the staff to take their large reserved area in front of the biggest TV’s in the restaurant, and they were promptly greeted and served upon sitting down.

I would highly recommend Social Tap catering and in-house dining to anyone planning a special occasion. For a great party experience, the people have to be the best, and the food must be memorable and delicious. Social Tap nailed both for us, and we are very happy we chose Brant, Jake, and the Social Tap team to help us with ours!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Jennie

Jennie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Service and Food!

If you’re still in search of the perfect caterer, you cannot do better than Brant and his team at Social Tap. We hired them for our wedding in downtown San Diego.

The food was fantastic (ahi poke tacos, buffalo sliders, wine braised short ribs, shrimp penne pasta, rosemary chicken, and a ton of sides). I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Our friends and family raved about the delicious food too. The open bar was just as amazing. They included welcome drinks for the ceremony and a signature drink for the night.

We were so lucky to work with Brant for the entire process. Once you meet him, you'll know he's the guy you want to work with. He’s friendly, flexible, and responds quickly. He provided us with the bartenders, wait staff, and even people to help move our rental equipment around. He made sure we ate on that hectic day by fixing us some plates too. We don't know what we would have done without him!

All in all, if my husband and I had to do it again, we would have hired them sooner. No other vendor matched the quality of their work and pricing. Do yourself a favor and reach out to them! You won’t regret it. :)

Sent on 11/01/2018

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

I wanted to express our appreciation for the tremendous work Brant and his staff did in providing the food catering, drinks, dish and stemware for our wedding reception on June 23rd of this year. Here are a few of the things that blessed us most: Brant and his staff's professionalism, cheerfulness and generosity during our three tasting visits at Social Tap, located in downtown San Diego. Your weekly follow ups between that first meeting and our event. You and your team’s punctuality in bringing the food and drinks to the reception. You and your staff’s generous offer to assist with things during the wedding and after. And of course... the delicious food !!! I will highly recommend anyone to use Social Tap Catering for catering events and particularly to work with Brant. The day was one of the best days our my wife and I’s life; thank you again Brant, for the role you played in making it a success. Sincerely, David & Katie G

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Social Tap Catering 2

Social Tap Catering's reply:

it was a pleasure serving you. Congratulations and remember....Happy Wife, Happy Life!

E · Married on 06/16/2018

Simply the best!!!!! I recently hosted a party at Social Tap and from my initial phone call with Brant, to meeting Jake for a food tasting, I knew I had the perfect venue. The manager's Brant and Jake could not have made this easier for me to plan.
    Their suggestion's on appetizer's, food, dessert and beverages were perfect. The food was outstanding, atmosphere wonderful and the staff were fantastic. The staff made sure that the food was served hot and fresh, my guest's always had beverages and made sure that everyone had anything they needed. I couldn't have wished for a more perfect evening.
    Thank you so much Brandt, Jake and Staff for making this simply the best event.

Sent on 06/29/2018

shanna · Married on 05/19/2018

Wow! Social Tap knocked it out of the park. We had a casual back yard wedding and Social Tap Catering handled the event from top to bottom. From the food and beverage to service staff and clean up. My place was cleaner than when they arrived.

Oh…and the food!!! Braised short rib with garlic mashed potatoes, rosemary thyme chicken and a vodka penne pasta. If I were at a five star restaurant I would have been happy with the meal, much less my own back yard. Tray passed apps of fresh ahi poke and buffalo chicken sliders started the day off right.

Social Tap also catered our bar. Not only do they have their own mobile bar, saving us from renting one, but they customized a bar program just for us. We were able to select the beer, wine and even specialty cocktail.

I would highly recommend Social Tap for any event requiring catering. They took the stress out of the process and I couldn’t be happier with them from top to bottom. Thank you Social Tap!!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Katherine · Married on 04/14/2018

I recently had the wonderful pleasure of having Social Tap cater AND bartend on my big day and I have to say that was thee best decision I made for my wedding day (other than saying “I do” to my now husband).
    Getting married is exciting but also tons of stress, especially when you are the one planning it all. Brant from Social Tap and all of his staff made that day (and the days leading up to it) so much easier. They helped put my mind at ease in the two main departments (food and beverages) so that I could focus on all the other many details for our celebration.
    From the moment we met and did a “tasting” at the restaurant - I knew I wanted to do business with them. I walked in there very scattered brain from all that occupied my mind during that crazy time of planning and he (Brant) had so much patience, answered all of our questions, and even offered some of his own helpful suggestions and ideas. Let me tell you, that was exactly what we needed, someone with experience to steer us in the right direction. More than anything, he was honest and straightforward with us about everything, which is really hard to come by in this industry. Most people hear you’re planning a wedding, and suddenly everything gets inflated! Brant, on the other hand, worked with our budget and gave us insight on where we could save money and where we could spend it. He was attentive, genuine, and made us feel like we were of the utmost importance. He listened, took notes, and was always on point!
    Oh and the food…let me tell you about the food!!! What we sampled was all so amazing that it was hard to narrow it down, but we did (we had to). Although, I have to be honest, a part of me did wonder if it would match the quality on our wedding day the same as it did on our tasting day, and they really exceeded my expectations with that one! I had many friends mention afterward that it was the best food they ever had at a wedding (appetizers included)! I'd have to agree!

Sent on 06/27/2018
  • Brian

Brian Gilbert · Married on 08/17/2013

Social Tap is the F&B vendor for all your needs!

We hosted a recurring member networking event at Pannikin Building in mid-June of 2019 for local cannabis business owners and had an absolutely amazing experience working with Social Tap Catering for our F&B needs during the event.

I have to make special mention of their owner Brant as he specifically helped us execute amazing F&B service within a very limited timeframe, all while hosting an event of comparable size at their venue nearby! We had some trouble finding a low-cost vendor which could supply food and beverage service initially but once we connected with STE our event was supplied with a fantastic spread of light appetizers throughout and topped it off with an amazing dessert platter to end the evening.

Their food service staff ensured all our displays were set up before and maintained throughout our event. We split service between the first and final hour of the event with more heavy selections along with dessert brought out to conclude the evening and guests really loved the variety offered.

The beverage service was courteous and efficient with all servers being very attentive to the needs of our guests. We coordinated a minimum which needed to be reached at the cash bar along with supplying drink tickets and the split service was easily coordinated between all involved.

I cannot recommend Social Tap Catering for all your event needs either corporate or social in nature. Don't hesitate, book now!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Social Tap Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Brian! We had such a great time working with you and your event. Hope to work with you again in the future!